IGNORED

Bristol Palin Pregnant Again

doggie

We have had lots of people staring at my family my whole life. I am so thankful that instead of letting their stares distract us, we have carried on and focused on the joys of just being together! (Mostly!)

That's because your parents want people to stare at them. When you are involved with Beauty Pageants, that tends to be what happens. People stare at you. When you are competing in stupid pointless snowmachine (snowmobile) races, people will look at you. When your mother is elected Governor and your father is forced to resign from his job because of her negotiations with the natural gas line, people are going to look at you in Fred Meyer. When your brother is suspended from school in a small town because he laced an unpopular boys drink with laxatives, people are going to look at you. You live in a small town and your parents are assholes! People are going to look at you!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a friend who is going to Alaska on a business trip and he recently asked, "Does anyone know anything fun to do in Alaska?" My first response was, "It might be fun to duct tape Sarah Palin's mouth shut and do everyone a favor"

I had a friend who is going to Alaska on a business trip and he recently asked, "Does anyone know anything fun to do in Alaska?" My first response was, "It might be fun to duct tape Sarah Palin's mouth shut and do everyone a favor"

Depends on where in Alaska.

Hiking, biking, backpacking, fishing, kayaking, drinking, climbing mountains, and running are all popular.

I'm sure someone has capitalized on the Palin worship/hatred though.

I'm not so familiar with Bristol or her history, but the girl seems to be a rabbit caught in the headlights and is seriously back peddling.

Less is more Palin.

It's too bad that Josh Duggar is married because these two would be a match made in heaven.

(Bristol, JD is available for even more attention).

I'm not so familiar with Bristol or her history, but the girl seems to be a rabbit caught in the headlights and is seriously back peddling.

Less is more Palin.

Bristol got pregnant by her boyfriend Levi Johnston while still in high school. She gave birth to their son Tripp. After Tripp was born she and Levi broke up and she signed up with Candies for a couple of years as a promoter of abstinence. Fast forward six years, she is pg again without the benefit of marriage, father unknown although some say it's her ex-fiance Dakota Meyer who won the Medal of Honor and appeared on Sarah Palin's Amazing America. And that is why I have been slut shaming her and calling her a hypocrite. Over the past six years Levi has had to fight tooth and nail to get visitation rights for Tripp, even posing in Playgirl and writing a memoir to pay his legal bills and child support. He is now married to Sunny Oglesby and they have two daughters Breeze and Indy. Also Bristol and Sarah have trashed Levi every chance they get, calling him a deadbeat even though they were the reason Levi couldn't find suitable employment in AK. Sarah got him blackballed like she tried to get her brother in law the trooper fired. Levi does have a decent job now working on the Slope. ETA: I'm a Reversal Baby now!

This whole Bristol thing keeps making me think of the abstinence speaker who came to my 8th grade class to tell us about her former promiscuity made her infertile (from a treatable STD) and that she was now abstinent. The following year she couldn't come to my class because she was in labor.

The infertile abstinent lady still got pregnant. Nobody explained that one :-p

It's too bad that Josh Duggar is married because these two would be a match made in heaven.

And we already have a photo of him with Bristol & Sarah (it was in his Instagram, can't find it now since I'm at a pub for a cold beer - cheers, dear Sarah!), his hand resting _very_ close S's breast... Yuck. But I can't really see Josh with the Palins. His ego could not be restrained enough to be bossed around by them.

And we already have a photo of him with Bristol & Sarah (it was in his Instagram, can't find it now since I'm at a pub for a cold beer - cheers, dear Sarah!), his hand resting _very_ close S's breast... Yuck. But I can't really see Josh with the Palins. His ego could not be restrained enough to be bossed around by them.

Also there is no Chick-A-Fil in Alaska. He'd have to be content with McDonalds.

This whole Bristol thing keeps making me think of the abstinence speaker who came to my 8th grade class to tell us about her former promiscuity made her infertile (from a treatable STD) and that she was now abstinent. The following year she couldn't come to my class because she was in labor.

The infertile abstinent lady still got pregnant. Nobody explained that one :-p

While I agree that it is ridiculous if she was preaching abstinence while in fact having unprotected sex, in all fairness, the infertility part of the story may have been legit. I suspect that what she probably was talking about was that she had pelvic inflammatory disease, and if that was the case, she may very well have been told that she would likely have trouble conceiving from it. Untreated PID really does cause scarring that reduces the chance of having a successful pregnancy in some women.

It seems like a lot of times when doctors tell people they have a medical condition that makes it harder to get pregnant, a lot of people hear that as saying "You CAN'T get pregnant" - sometimes to the point that they don't even bother using contraception anymore, which is generally a really dumb move. It is rare that a condition leads to 0% chance of pregnancy - just that some make it more unlikely.

While I agree that it is ridiculous if she was preaching abstinence while in fact having unprotected sex, in all fairness, the infertility part of the story may have been legit. I suspect that what she probably was talking about was that she had pelvic inflammatory disease, and if that was the case, she may very well have been told that she would likely have trouble conceiving from it. Untreated PID really does cause scarring that reduces the chance of having a successful pregnancy in some women.

It seems like a lot of times when doctors tell people they have a medical condition that makes it harder to get pregnant, a lot of people hear that as saying "You CAN'T get pregnant" - sometimes to the point that they don't even bother using contraception anymore, which is generally a really dumb move. It is rare that a condition leads to 0% chance of pregnancy - just that some make it more unlikely.

Thanks for that insight, I really knew nothing about PID. But that logic (hard to get pregnant = impossible) sounds a lot like the line of thinking that lead to Maci Bookout of Teen Mom getting pregnant. She has PCOS and she stated it was nearly impossible for her to get pregnant, so she wasn't doing anything to prevent it. Yet she still advocates for protection/avoiding unplanned pregnancy.

After reading about. Her appearance on Wife Swap here (Thank you!) I watched it on YouTube and for the first time saw what Bristol is really like.

She really isn't that bright. She doesn't even have her mother's media savvy. Despite being out in the public eye for years, she lives in a bubble and doesn't seem to understand how the world works. She's also completely lacking in self confidence. She may seem full of bravado in an Internet echo chamber, but put her up against live people and she can't deal. She crawls up into her she'll when challenged IRL. She can't even control her kid- who is a class-A brat.

She's a healthy 24 year old with normal urges that she has been taught to deny. She clearly doesn't know how to deal with them and she can't bring herself to find out. She wouldn't know how to exist outside her bubble. She would be too afraid to try.

I feel sorry for her in the same way I feel sorry for the Duggar girls.

Being Irish, I'm aware of Sarah Palin and her general battiness ( :pink-shock: )but I hadn't really heard of Bristol till this thread. And after reading it, and a few of the articles I just feel so sorry for her!

The poor kid obviously wants to just live her life, have relationships, have sex, grow up and live and learn like the rest of us. But from sixteen years old I suspect she's been forced to line up with her mother's/family brand and represent it as directed.

And yes, she's made money from it, and yes, she's not a kid anymore. But when I read all of this, as someone who's coming to it fresh? All I think is 'Poor kid'...

:x

• 3 months later...

You know, if everyone who got pregnant unexpectedly was automatically given a family like the Palins (rich, privileged, don't mind completely supporting the mother and baby) I bet we WOULD see a dramatic drop in the abortion rates.

But sometimes, people get pregnant who DON'T have moneybags parents and have to face tough choices like having the baby vs paying rent. Or feeding their other children. Or keeping their jobs that they actually need to pay bills. Or staying on speaking terms with their community. Things Ms. Bristol has NEVER HAD TO THINK ABOUT IN HER ENTIRE LIFE.

Bristol Palin doesn't have great values or moral character because she wont get an abortion. She just has money and privilege.

100 percent agree. Now, if these conservative blowhards were also supporting paid maternity leave, fully covered birth, free/subsidized childcare, and health insurance for all--plus equal access to birth control!--then we would have a level playing field where women would have real choices. But just throwing around this abstinence-only curriculum/belief system--especially for people who don't believe in it--is unrealistic and dangerous.

Archived