IGNORED

Bristol Palin Pregnant Again

doggie

I have no problem slut shaming her because she collected over a quarter of a million dollars promoting abstinence while she was not practicing it herself. Then she demands we leave her alone and respect her privacy while she has several social media accounts, a ghostwritten blog, appeared on three reality shows, and had a broken engagement to a public figure who is also a grifting attention whore. Sorry sweetheart, that's not how it works. You want privacy?, quit acting like the attention whore you and your mother are. And ignore the critics, you respone to them on your blog and instagram was childish at best. Bristol is just as bad than the Duggars.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, formally her name would be Takk. Takky is only her nickname...

I have no problem slut shaming her because she collected over a quarter of a million dollars promoting abstinence while she was not practicing it herself. Then she demands we leave her alone and respect her privacy while she has several social media accounts, a ghostwritten blog, appeared on three reality shows, and had a broken engagement to a public figure who is also a grifting attention whore. Sorry sweetheart, that's not how it works. You want privacy?, quit acting like the attention whore you and your mother are. And ignore the critics, you respone to them on your blog and instagram was childish at best. Bristol is just as bad than the Duggars.

I agree.

Yeah, if Dakota were the father of Bristol's baby, they would either do whatever needed to be done so that they could get married, or announce that even though they are no longer a couple they will love and care for this child as co-parents, blah, blah, blah, please donate generously to SarahPAC.

So far Dakota hasn't said anything. Either he know's he isn't the father, or thinks it may be a possibility and just waiting on the DNA test, or knows he is the daddy and confirming it will make him look like a cad due to the broken engagement. This is the same guy who didn't even mention his divorce in his memoirs.

If Bristol had gotten an abortion, do you think she could have kept it private? I mean, how far is the reach of the paparazzi? They don't have them running around up there just for one family, do they? I wonder if she could get in and out of a clinic without anyone finding out about it.

Meghan McCain wrote in her book that Bristol Palin could have used what happened to her to become an advocate for contraceptive access and improved sex education. (She could have done those things and not compromised any pro life views.) (I don't agree with a lot of Meghan's politics, but she seems way more likable and fun than Bristol or Willow.)

If Bristol had gotten an abortion, do you think she could have kept it private? I mean, how far is the reach of the paparazzi? They don't have them running around up there just for one family, do they? I wonder if she could get in and out of a clinic without anyone finding out about it.

She could have gone to Canada if she quietly wanted one.

She could have gone to Canada if she quietly wanted one.

I agree. I don't know if she would have been able to do it quietly in the US, but there are more than enough countries which allow abortions. If they thought that Canada was too risky, the Palins have enough money, they could have flown her out to some European country where the Palins are not well known. I doubt anyone (other than some American tourists maybe) in Europe would recognize Bristol on the streets.

I find it kind of funny that fundies love to slut shame women like Miley Cyrus, but Bristol Palin is on baby daddy number two (that we know of) and for some reason, that's totally ok.

I would hope that if Bristol Palin REALLY wanted an abortion she would be able to find a place to do so within the US that would respect her privacy. I disagree with pretty much everything the Palins stand for, but I think Bristol deserves that choice, even though she and her mother would like to deny that to other women.

On second thought, maybe they're doing abortion providers a favor by staying away. I've read stories pro-life women who end up choosing to get an abortion...apparently there are providers that flat out refuse to do the procedure on pro-life women for several reasons (they're more likely to sue, more likely to bad mouth the other women their, more likely to be in general unpleasant.) Of course let's not forget Bristol, despite what she is parroting, totally has a choice. At least more of a choice than many of the fundie women we discuss here.

Also would like to add that I'm slightly uncomfortable with some comments made by liberal men and some women I've seen on my fb feed (such as "wonder if she knows who the father is.") These seem to me to border on slut-shaming and I think being conservative doesn't make you fair game for those types of attacks...

I will judge her, however, for her misogynistic/homophobic/generally ignorant views.

Edited for clarification.

Not all clinics that perform abortions are abortion-only. Your regular OBGYN practice may do them. Or they could recommend a place. No one beyond the clinic staff would know why you were there.

Planned Parenthood not-so-much. They have a day when all they do is abortions. So if you go on that day, it is known why you are there.

rich people can go to a doctor that is how it happened before it was legal she would have managed.

I had assumed she was still in Arizona. Thanks! I looked it up before I argued and I see she moved back to AK.

I don't think I would recognize her on the street.

But if she went to PP, she most likely would be recognized by at least one person who hangs out there every day. Most likely she could just go to an OBGYN, right? Regardless, Alaska is a small state and while doctors might not talk, nurses, receptionists, etc MIGHT gossip about it.

I have no problem slut shaming her because

No. Anything you write after that is completely irrelevant justification. Slut shaming is wrong. Period. Slut shaming a woman for a pregnancy ? Extra wrong. And please don't have your response be some hypocritical justification based on her belief system. Still not okay. .

No. Anything you write after that is completely irrelevant justification. Slut shaming is wrong. Period. Slut shaming a woman for a pregnancy ? Extra wrong. And please don't have your response be some hypocritical justification based on her belief system. Still not okay. .

I completely agree. If you argue a personal justification for slut shaming, then you loose the abilty to call out others who are slut shaming :pull-hair:

Yes - call Bristol out on her hypocrisy and her views and the damage she's done with them.

No - objecting to the personal choices she's made with her own body.

Not sure how her Medal of Honor recipient ex fiancé is an attention seeking wore either.

That would be her second ex-fiancé. The first is Levi Johnston, father of her son Tripp.

Slut shaming is never ok to me. Yeah, she made the choice to become a paid advocate for abstinence only education - that doesn't mean we should call her names for not practicing that personally. Calling her out on her hypocrisy? Absolutely!

Bristol, I hope you do some real thinking about your stances on abstinence and birth control. I don't know how you wound up pregnant, but I hope you realize contraceptives aren't the great evil you seem to believe they are.

I'm sure your wording was a little off, but please know this baby is not a disappointment. Your decisions that led to a second pregnancy may feel like a disappointment to you personally - but your baby had no part in those choices.

I hope your pregnancy goes well and your children are healthy.

Not sure how her Medal of Honor recipient ex fiancé is an attention seeking wore either.

He is commercializing on his MOH status which is in bad taste by sellng T shirts and a ghostwritten book. Plus he associated himself with the Palins.

I completely agree. If you argue a personal justification for slut shaming, then you loose the abilty to call out others who are slut shaming :pull-hair:

Yes - call Bristol out on her hypocrisy and her views and the damage she's done with them.

No - objecting to the personal choices she's made with her own body.

I disagree. She is an adult and needs to be held to the same standards she preaches. If she didn't preach family values I would leave her alone. I don't slut shame the Kardashians and Miley Cyrus because they don't tell others how to live their lives. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

I disagree. She is an adult and needs to be held to the same standards she preaches. If she didn't preach family values I would leave her alone. I don't slut shame the Kardashians and Miley Cyrus because they don't tell others how to live their lives. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

The objection is the word "slut". "Slut" implies that she has had too much sex to be a "decent" woman. It implies that she's "loose" and somehow a bad person because of the amount of sex she's had. There is no case where referring to a grown woman having sex as a "slut" is appropriate. Not even in cases of infidelity, although it is so very tempting. It lowers the tone and quality of the conversation, and it muddies the situation and your own reputation.

Because you mentioned it, let's investigate whether or not Bristol Palin is a "slut". My personal opinion is that, no, she is not because there is no limit to how much sex or how many partners a woman can or should have. You might believe that she is a "slut" because she preaches family values and then gets pregnant out of wedlock twice. This second time is further complicated because the paternity of the fetus is unclear. However, none of that relates in any way to your use of the word "slut". Has she behaved reprehensibly? Yes. Is she a hypocrite? Without a doubt. Has she potentially done an immoral thing by allegedly cheating on her fiance? Absolutely, if that allegation is proven to be the case. But has Bristol Palin had too much sex? No, because that is not a thing that exists. You can argue that she has had too much sex for someone preaching abstinence, but that would cease to be a discussion about "sluttiness" and become a discussion about hypocrisy instead.

Oh now the pregnancy was planned. And she was never a paid abstinence speaker. And now she is happy about pregnancy. And we are all gossiping assholes. (That part might be true)

Oh now the pregnancy was planned. And she was never a paid abstinence speaker. And now she is happy about pregnancy. And we are all gossiping assholes. (That part might be true)

Um, Bristol, everyone knows what you paid for your house. And everyone knows receptionists with GEDs don't make enough money a year to buy $388k houses. AND THEN REMODEL THEM:

This home was completely remodeled inside out in 2013. 90' lake frontage, open kitchen with concrete countertops, stainless appliances. Incredible master with endless lake views, walk in shower with double showerheads and a waterfall feature, privacy window film, new decks, fireplace, mountain and lake views.

-www.zillow.com/homedetails/313-W-Lake-View-Ave-Wasilla-AK-99654/74519436_zpid/

Salary.com is estimating an average annual salary of $36k for receptionists in the area.

But sure Bristol, we've always been at war with Eastasia.

What struck me about today's statement... She says that she planned this pregnancy. Wonder if the guy actually knew about the plan?

Archived