IGNORED

Confederate Flag

DaysAgo

Jessica Seewald posted a confederate flag on Instagram today, urging her followers to read a history book if they thought it represented racism or bigotry. So that's where the Seewalds stand, and I doubt the Duggars are any less enthusiastic about their "southern pride." (Which is weird because none of them have thick accents at all, I hardly even think of them as southern)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jessica Seewald posted a confederate flag on Instagram today, urging her followers to read a history book if they thought it represented racism or bigotry. So that's where the Seewalds stand, and I doubt the Duggars are any less enthusiastic about their "southern pride." (Which is weird because none of them have thick accents at all, I hardly even think of them as southern)

Jill and Michelle don't sound too Southern to me, but the others sure do. JB especially. I mean, their accent is not as thick as Texas or Georgia, but most definitely South. Some things they say.... GAH hurts my little PNW ears. "Bin" is probably my favourite example.

I do really have to wonder about the Seewalds. If Jessa and Bin were to magically become mainstream Christians, they would be in total defiance of both of their families. I really don't see that happening. Especially when they're so young.

Do you have a link for that photo? I just checked her page and the photo and comments are not there. Maybe it was all deleted; maybe I looked in the wrong place.

Hey, don't cha know, REAL marriage is when you attach yourself to life to someone your Dad picked out for you, who you're not allowed to touch/have any alone time at all with until your wedding day, which occurs when you've known them for less than a year!

*no judgement to people who have short engagements/pre-marriage periods and still support gay marriage*

RE the confederate flag: did we really expect much different considering her outright colonialist attitudes towards El Salvador?

I'm laughing at a homeschooled fundie having the nerve to tell people to read history books. As if she's ever read anything factual.

(Note, I specified fundie. I'm cool with secular homeschoolers.)

Ug, I live on the east side of the cascades in Oregon, and I frequently see big trucks with this, sometimes new ones (class isn't an issue when it comes to bigotry)

Often times I will see them flown with the "don't tread on me" snake flag.

Eastern Oregon is so vastly different than Western Oregon (where everything is green and lush) Eastern & Central Oregon is desert and very very conservative, but sparsely populated, thank Maude for Portland and Eugene!

Today I learned that Oregon and Washington are essentially the same state.

I was raised Evangelical and never once did I hear that the confederate flag was associated with Christianity. It's a southern white pride thing really.

Me too - Southern Baptist. I was horrified when I learned why there are Southern Baptists vs regular, 'ole Baptists.

Jessa is a narcissistic, indoctrinated, poorly educated, ill informed, ignorant bigot.

This beautiful smile was a great way to start my day.

She is awesome. I just watched the video of her taking it down:

She quotes scripture as she does it, too.

Im sure the Duggar kids can't name causes of the Civil War.

Actually, I think it was probably drilled into them that States Rights was THE noble cause of the South (because big, bad Federal government). I'm sure there was no mention that the right the southern states wanted was to keep slaves, but who needs details? :angry-banghead:

You guys, Ben's sister JESSICA put those items on her instagram, not his wife JESSA. Jessica has said that she's ~not a Duggar and she just happens to have a brother who married a celebrity and she's just a regular girl~ but she's clearly also a racist, homophobic idiot and if she doesn't want pushback she can make her account private, which she hasn't. :nenner:

You guys, Ben's sister JESSICA put those items on her instagram, not his wife JESSA. Jessica has said that she's ~not a Duggar and she just happens to have a brother who married a celebrity and she's just a regular girl~ but she's clearly also a racist, homophobic idiot and if she doesn't want pushback she can make her account private, which she hasn't. :nenner:

Well, to be fair, I'm pretty sure Jessa feels the exact same way.

And the thing about jessa being able to make her account private/not post controversial things applies too.

Jessica is a narcissistic, indoctrinated, poorly educated, ill informed, ignorant bigot.

and it gets worse

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/06/27 ... ide-rally/

After Flag Is Torn Down, SC Has Black Worker Quickly Replace It Ahead Of Confederate Pride Rally

Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words, and this case maybe even a great deal more.

After a fed-up woman took it upon herself to scale the flag pole carrying South Carolina’s Confederate flag and tear it down, state employees rushed to get the symbol of hate back up and flapping in the wind. They needed to do it quickly because they had a deadline. A scheduled “Confederate flag pride†rally was scheduled in just a few hours. In a tonally deaf act, they instructed a black state employee to raise the flag back up so the ralliers wouldn’t be upset.

Early this morning an African-American woman identified as Bree Newsome strapped on some climbing gear, climbed the flag pole like a pro, and pulled down the flag, ignoring increasingly panicked screams from law enforcement on the ground. Sitting at the top, Newsome shouted, “You cannot get to me with hatred and oppression and violence.†Adding: “I come to do this in the name of God. This flag comes down today.â€

She was arrested for her bold act of civil disobedience, but many wondered whether South Carolina would simply leave the flag down. After all, even the state’s governor, Nikki Haley, said it was time to remove the thing for good.

Instead, state workers rushed to get it back up as soon as possible.

Many on social media picked up on the surreal nature of asking an African-American employee to hoist up a flag that literally symbolizes the desire to see him in bondage.

I guess this proves decisively where the Duggars stand on this. :music-tool:

I am quite surprised that Instagram allows photos of the Confederate flag to be posted.

Im sure the Duggar kids can't name causes of the Civil War.

The Seewalds probably can't either.

The Seewalds probably can't either.

It was caused by Yankee aggression. Damn Northeners taking away the right of the many to give rights to the minorities. (I just died a little inside typing that).

Archived