IGNORED

Josh and Anna's New Father's Day video

luv2laugh

IF Josh was actually on antidepressants, we would know he was receiving some mental health services. I honestly hope he is receiving help.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF Josh was actually on antidepressants, we would know he was receiving some mental health services. I honestly hope he is receiving help.

I hope so too, but not necessarily. It can be as easy as saying you're stressed and getting a script from a GP.

The original comment was responding to the person who was saying that Josh must be on antidepressants because he looks spaced out. They said that looking spaced out is a side effect of older antidepressants, but that newer ones do not have this side effect. One of us seems to have a reading comprehension problem, but that's what I gathered from what they said.

They also said that newer antidepressants work faster and with fewer side effects, which you seem to take exception to. Are you saying there is no difference at all? I have only taken SSRIs and I not a doctor, but everything I've heard is that SSRIs are generally tolerated better (note that's GENERALLY. Yes I am aware that individual mileage may vary.)

Finally, re my comment that if you've been on a new antidepressant for 3 weeks and are still feeling awful you should try a different drug. Yes, I, too have been told that it can take 6 to 8 weeks to work. But my understanding is that it takes that long to reach FULL EFFECTIVENESS, not to have any effect at all. In my experience, (yes I am aware that I am a sample size of 1) every time I've gone on (or gone back on) meds I've started to feel better within a few days. Again, yes YMMV and I am one person.

General Disclaimer : I am a random person on the Internet who may or may not know what they're talking about. Do not use this post as a substitute for actual medical advice. Do not taunt happy fun ball.

There, does that satisfy you or am I totes 100% wrong about everything? :roll:

Nope that's hunkydory, cos' you remembered to add in the 'in my experience' bit.

I always find that helps :D

My reading comprehension is also hunkydory thanks for your concern. :D

No, really, Takei. It smells! As does your criticism.

Your butt smells? That's awkward. :(

I hope so too, but not necessarily. It can be as easy as saying you're stressed and getting a script from a GP.

Very true. A GP would be better than nothing...any chance Josh will seek out help?

Very true. A GP would be better than nothing...any chance Josh will seek out help?

We can't know for sure, but I would hazard a guess that he wouldn't seek out help. The main reason being because he was raised to believe praying hard enough will fix anything.

I certainly hope I'm not correct if he does, in fact, feel like he needs help. He did horrible things, but he still deserves to be given genuine and adequate help if he wants it and feels he needs it.

We can't know for sure, but I would hazard a guess that he wouldn't seek out help. The main reason being because he was raised to believe praying hard enough will fix anything.

I certainly hope I'm not correct if he does, in fact, feel like he needs help. He did horrible things, but he still deserves to be given genuine and adequate help if he wants it and feels he needs it.

Unless the lighting where ever they were did it, Josh's skin tone didn't look healthy. He had that odd gray tinge that people tend to get when they are very ill. Josh's weight has ballooned over the years and now this event can't be good on his body. I really hope he is seeing a GP at least to make sure he is healthy. He's not providing much for his family right now but if he dies he'll be providing even less. Someone I went to high school with just had a stroke, we aren't that much older than Josh and he wasn't under the stress that Josh is.

Unless the lighting where ever they were did it, Josh's skin tone didn't look healthy. He had that odd gray tinge that people tend to get when they are very ill. Josh's weight has ballooned over the years and now this event can't be good on his body. I really hope he is seeing a GP at least to make sure he is healthy. He's not providing much for his family right now but if he dies he'll be providing even less. Someone I went to high school with just had a stroke, we aren't that much older than Josh and he wasn't under the stress that Josh is.

Agree Josh doesn't look well, and I can understand why he wouldn't. On top of all that's gone on Anna is about to give birth to another daughter, the news will get out, and I imagine there will be another surge of anger against him. I don't excuse what he did at all - and don't find him likeable in a number of ways - but I think it matters that he was a teenager vs. adult when the incidents occurred, and that it was his parents' decision to do the show. Their gamble has put him in front of the world's headlights. If they had handled the situation properly it would likely be over and I believe Josh would have better options than he does now.

He has had that gray pallor for sometime, even before the bombshell was dropped.

I remember his blood work being reported on the show, as unhealthy.

I feel sorry for him in this regard. I hope he has lots of life insurance.

This is another area where the Duggars failed, nutrition.

All that land and no garden or fruit trees. There really is no excuse.

They do seem to eat highly processed low nutrition food.

Are there any details about Josh's bloodwork? What issues is he dealing with? I doubt he is on death's door. He is only in his 20s.

Are there any details about Josh's bloodwork? What issues is he dealing with? I doubt he is on death's door. He is only in his 20s.

It was shown during an episode. Both JB and Josh went for medical evals, including blood work and the MD indicated that both of them were in the danger zones. Specific test results weren't mentioned, but treadmill testings, cardiac eval and blood work was included.

Josh looks 20 years older than his given age.

JB looked far healthier in past years, so part of his issue is likely d/t his age.

Do we ever see the Duggars eating lean protein, veggies and a starch- like recognizable portions of individual food groups? It always seems like it's a pile of slop on a paper plate.

It was shown during an episode. Both JB and Josh went for medical evals, including blood work and the MD indicated that both of them were in the danger zones. Specific test results weren't mentioned, but treadmill testings, cardiac eval and blood work was included.

Josh looks 20 years older than his given age.

JB looked far healthier in past years, so part of his issue is likely d/t his age.

Eh, Josh might look ten years older than his age, and part of that is his hairline, which he can't control. I don't think he looks 47.

Eh, Josh might look ten years older than his age, and part of that is his hairline, which he can't control. I don't think he looks 47.

Look beyond his countenance.

In the last year he ran a 5k=3 miles. It took him nearly 50 mins. I am almost 60 and I could walk a 5K in that amount of time.

I got the impression from the video that neither of them were quite comfortable doing it. I wonder if it was Michelle's idea to honor JB or something, but they didn't seem very confident and probably they were having some anxiety about releasing the video. Especially since they still got quite a bit of flak from people watching their instagram accounts for making harmless posts/video on Michael's birthday, that didn't actually feature either of them. I can't imagine the stomach-twisting they would have at the idea of putting up a video with Josh actually in it. And while they apparently tried to make it non-public, they must have known it was at least possible that other people could find it. Maybe they weren't sure how to give access to private videos or whatever if Michelle wanted them all to be able to access it (and I'm including extended family and friends in there, they may have wanted to make a list or compilation of all the videos to present to JB) :think:

In the last year he ran a 5k=3 miles. It took him nearly 50 mins. I am almost 60 and I could walk a 5K in that amount of time.

LOL - I am 53 and routinely walk a mile during my lunch break, which takes me about 20 - 22 minutes (depends on how warm it is outside; the hotter it is, the slower I walk). I walk at a pace where my breathing is only slightly elevated, so that I can talk easily if I wanted. So yeah, I think I could walk 3 miles in perhaps 70 to 75 minutes, without really even walking that fast.

Think it was high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.

He's not taking care of himself, but there are plenty of young guys out there in the same boat and they don't drop dead in their 20s.

If he doesn't change his ways, he's probably headed for major trouble in his 40's and his 50's, but for now youth will likely protect him.

When the scandal broke hubby though Josh was actually Jim Bob at first. I agree he looks a lot older than his age.

Maybe it's because I just got word that the guy from high school passed away but Josh has raised my concern. He may be close to the scum of the earth but he's a daddy and no child should have to go through the pain of loosing a parent.

When the scandal broke hubby though Josh was actually Jim Bob at first. I agree he looks a lot older than his age.

Maybe it's because I just got word that the guy from high school passed away but Josh has raised my concern. He may be close to the scum of the earth but he's a daddy and no child should have to go through the pain of loosing a parent.

No matter what we feel about the Duggars in general or who we are as individuals, I think most people on FJ can agree on this. I honestly hope that if there are medical concerns - for any of the children or adults - that they are being addressed.

How in tarnation is it that this video (with all of its wonderful comments) is still online? Did the smuganator drop his laptop in koolaid? Did someone figure out their password (probably duggar123) and change it? I just find it bizarre that it is not only still there, but still public, and you can still comment.

Edited to correct formatting

You guys, it was always public. They linked to it on their public facebook page and told leghumpers to go watch it.

Why the F do they have to do something like this on youtube? Why not just call your damn father and wish him a happy father's day like normal people? Oh yeah, i forgot, you're TV whores who are obviously testing the waters to see what kind of reaction you'd get a month later.

Get a real job you uneducated bum, and stay off my TV!

Archived