IGNORED

Josh and Anna's New Father's Day video

luv2laugh

People posted an article about the video at 2:30pm, so I think that blows the "private video" idea out of the water.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh?!? :lol:

Where did this come from?

I didn't know that a high dose of anti-depressants made you look dead behind the eyes. I wish someone had told me, then maybe I wouldn't be on them.

Josh looks so dead behind eyes, just not all there. I'm assuming he's on some antidepressants right now, but it looks like the dosage is high.

Seriously? Do you even comprehend how offensive that statement could be? Or how it just continues to reinforce the many negative stereotypes people who actually are diagnosed with mental illness face on a daily basis?

Do you have a medical degree? Are you Josh's therapist? No? Then you have no place making claims that he must be on certain meds because he looks as if he fits a stereotype. That's bullshit.

I didn't know that a high dose of anti-depressants made you look dead behind the eyes. I wish someone had told me, then maybe I wouldn't be on them.

Maybe my brain just didn't get the memo - I've never looked or felt happier since being put on anti-depressants. Guess I'm not depressed enough for them to be making me all dead in the eyes. Whoops. :roll:

back before Prozac hit the market, antidepressants had strong side effects that would make someone look spaced out. It typically took about 6 weeks for someone to adjust to their medications, and in fact it was common for people with even a mild to moderate depression to be hospitalized during the medication adjustment time frame.

Today's meds are much easier to tolerate and thankfully begin to act much more quickly than the antidepressants of old. Some of the older ones are still used to today, such as Elavil (amitriptyline). Some of those older tricyclic antidepressants will be used for other things as well, such as fibromyalgia, essential tremor, and other disorders not related to depression.

The truth is that any psychoactive medication can blunt a person's affect, especially in the early days of taking it. But with modern antidepressants it is less likely. Once the person has adjusted to their meds, then that goes away. It isn't unlike someone who starts on a pain med for a medical condition. The first few days the med makes them sleepy, but after they adjust to it, they no longer get that side effect.

Josh likely looks stressed out because, lets face it, he is stressed out. His life took a very bad turn several weeks ago, and if he wasn't stressed out that would be much more abnormal than it is for him to look like hell right now. Honestly, though, Anna looks better than I expected. In her shoes, I would be a basketcase.

The only thing I can say about Josh from this video is that he seems a little nervous and a little heavier, although he was looking heavy in the last Duggar Q&A show just before the news broke that he is a serial child molester.

I watched several of the other kids' videos and found them anything but heartfelt. James looked like he was reading off a cue card. And the constant theme of "Thank you, Daddy for spending special time with me" simply screams, "I know you really don't know me very well, but thanks for trying occasionally. You do better than that lady does."

Josh's words were just plain weird, especially in light of what we know about the cover up.

Seriously, these people need to go away now. They aren't helping anyone by sticking around like this, least of all themselves.

Josh and Anna have always seemed a little awkward/dorky to me, but this video took it to a new level. Anna also came off looking extra fake, I would love to know what she's really thinking. This was totally staged to test the waters. TLC is having a really hard time letting go of their cash cow.

Was the video Josh's attempt to regain favor with his dad? I recall stories in the past weeks of JB being bery angry with Josh, and there were reports that Josh was shunned by the family.

back before Prozac hit the market, antidepressants had strong side effects that would make someone look spaced out. It typically took about 6 weeks for someone to adjust to their medications, and in fact it was common for people with even a mild to moderate depression to be hospitalized during the medication adjustment time frame.

Today's meds are much easier to tolerate and thankfully begin to act much more quickly than the antidepressants of old. Some of the older ones are still used to today, such as Elavil (amitriptyline). Some of those older tricyclic antidepressants will be used for other things as well, such as fibromyalgia, essential tremor, and other disorders not related to depression.

The truth is that any psychoactive medication can blunt a person's affect, especially in the early days of taking it. But with modern antidepressants it is less likely. Once the person has adjusted to their meds, then that goes away. It isn't unlike someone who starts on a pain med for a medical condition. The first few days the med makes them sleepy, but after they adjust to it, they no longer get that side effect.

Josh likely looks stressed out because, lets face it, he is stressed out. His life took a very bad turn several weeks ago, and if he wasn't stressed out that would be much more abnormal than it is for him to look like hell right now. Honestly, though, Anna looks better than I expected. In her shoes, I would be a basketcase.

Most of this is bullshit.

A quick perusal of Yahweh Wife's YouTube account shows that he/she is spewing that particular type of bile all over YouTube. So I'm guessing he/she actually believes their own nonsense, at least to some degree.

I looked all over for a blog for us to follow, but alas, no such luck. :lol:

Someone could ask her to start one so that we can hear more of her wisdom.

Yes! Youtube Gold! :popcorn2:

-

My favorite line in 'YAHWEH WIFE's you-tube comment;

"SATAN HAS AN ARMY OF HOMOS..."

-

My honorary mention goes to whomever wrote the understated comment;

"Is she on medication?"

Why would you say that? I don't think it is BS at all.

Well along with the dead behind the eyes comments, come the internet psychiatrist comments.

In no particular order, SSRI anti-depressents such as Prozac (brand name) can and do take up to six weeks to be effective. Here's the stinger. Everybody reacts differently. Which it is why it is more important to speak to your health care provider, rather than remember some comment you read on a forum and wondering why you still feel shit after 3 weeks. Some people have horrendous reactions to the newer SSRI's and none to the older. Generalisations are not helpful to mental illness, there are too many variables.

I may or may not have experience with this, it's the internet, no way to know, which is the way everybody should read it. Best thing is to not spread misinformation and the take-away from this comment would be you're an individual and your care should be individual from a suitably qualified professional. Not Dr Google or wiki.

In regard to the Fathers Day-pandering videos, I feel they are all very orchestrated, for the one and only Duggar Symphony of Farce.

Josh exhibits characteristics such as languor, apathy, inertia, due to his parents having "broken" him as a child. As an adult, trying to stand-out on his own, these tendencies really shine. And as such, he cannot cultivate feelings of ardor, warmth, and elation towards his Father (they dont exist!), and he certainly cant display them genuinely. But he does show indifference. How he really feels for his parents? Peculiarity, fear, idolatry. Here's hoping the younger children aren't as thoroughly abused, since they are taken care of by the others - maybe their siblings show them the love they themselves went without.

JB and Michelles abuse has worked against them, especially now. They want their 19 kids to sing and dance (metaphorically) for the cameras, to "shine" and keep them in the limelight. Well, they certainly didn't study 'Drama' at SOTDRT. And I doubt any career as an "Actor/Actress" was encouraged, but rather, greatly discouraged. Oops! The children cant even act their way through a Fathers Day tribute for their own father!! They couldnt even cultivate genuine emotion for the guy! Im sure they had to stand in line to wish him a happy Father's Day. :(

Well along with the dead behind the eyes comments, come the internet psychiatrist comments.

In no particular order, SSRI anti-depressents such as Prozac (brand name) can and do take up to six weeks to be effective. Here's the stinger. Everybody reacts differently. Which it is why it is more important to speak to your health care provider, rather than remember some comment you read on a forum and wondering why you still feel shit after 3 weeks. Some people have horrendous reactions to the newer SSRI's and none to the older. Generalisations are not helpful to mental illness, there are too many variables.

I may or may not have experience with this, it's the internet, no way to know, which is the way everybody should read it. Best thing is to not spread misinformation and the take-away from this comment would be you're an individual and your care should be individual from a suitably qualified professional. Not Dr Google or wiki.

Um, except that original comment you quoted had nothing to do with the length of time for the med to start working. The comment was re: old-school antidepressants blunting the patient's affect. Yes, some people can take an SSRI for 3 weeks and still feel bad, but that's because they need to try a different drug. That's not the SSRI itself MAKING them feel bad. Yes, SSRIs do have side effects, but "turns patient into a zombie to the point where they can't function and have to be hospitalized for the first 6 weeks" isn't one of them.

Um, except that original comment you quoted had nothing to do with the length of time for the med to start working. The comment was re: old-school antidepressants blunting the patient's affect. Yes, some people can take an SSRI for 3 weeks and still feel bad, but that's because they need to try a different drug. That's not the SSRI itself MAKING them feel bad. Yes, SSRIs do have side effects, but "turns patient into a zombie to the point where they can't function and have to be hospitalized for the first 6 weeks" isn't one of them.

Nope. The comment said newer antidepressants work quicker with fewer side effects which is not accurate.

Today's meds are much easier to tolerate and thankfully begin to act much more quickly than the antidepressants of old.

Your comment is also inaccurate (bolded) :lol: Today is a fun day.

Rinse and repeat. Individuals react differently and should be treated by a professional. Acceptable norm for an SSRI to show efficacy can be anything from 2-6 weeks. A blanket statement that if it is not working after 3 weeks could be misleading to somebody. It may not...but it could be.

Look if any comment on a forum is going to influence anybody I would think they are foolish. Problem is people are. I would rather the info was accurate. Or even better as I stated..speak to your health care provider.

In regard to the Fathers Day-pandering videos, I feel they are all very orchestrated, for the one and only Duggar Symphony of Farce.

Josh exhibits characteristics such as languor, apathy, inertia, due to his parents having "broken" him as a child. As an adult, trying to stand-out on his own, these tendencies really shine. And as such, he cannot cultivate feelings of ardor, warmth, and elation towards his Father (they dont exist!), and he certainly cant display them genuinely. But he does show indifference. How he really feels for his parents? Peculiarity, fear, idolatry. Here's hoping the younger children aren't as thoroughly abused, since they are taken care of by the others - maybe their siblings show them the love they themselves went without.

JB and Michelles abuse has worked against them, especially now. They want their 19 kids to sing and dance (metaphorically) for the cameras, to "shine" and keep them in the limelight. Well, they certainly didn't study 'Drama' at SOTDRT. And I doubt any career as an "Actor/Actress" was encouraged, but rather, greatly discouraged. Oops! The children cant even act their way through a Fathers Day tribute for their own father!! They couldnt even cultivate genuine emotion for the guy! Im sure they had to stand in line to wish him a happy Father's Day. :(

Wow. :shock:

I wonder what it is about FJ that is attracting all the psychotherapists. And I never knew that a psychotherapist could diagnose a patient over the internet. :roll:

:think:

Actually, this is rather more so a 'historian' comment than 'psychiatrist' comment. And frankly, a helpful one at that. Not only is it insightful, but it remains neutral all the same.

I wonder what it is about FJ that is attracting all the psychotherapists. And I never knew that a psychotherapist could diagnose a patient over the internet. :roll:

Seriously. Yet another person sounding incredibly foolish as s/he plays psychiatrist on the internet. :roll:

Let me save people some time. Here's the Shrink in a Box: http://www.oocities.org/gregvan/shrinkinabox42.html

Examples:

"Have you ever had a dream about this subject? Why don't you share with me any recurrent dreams you have... Especially the ones that are really TWISTED and BIZARRE... I love reading those... NOT!"

"Try a little common sense. If you don't have any of that try a BONK ON THE HEAD WITH A GIANT APPLE."

Yep, the Shrink in a Box makes a lot more sense than the fake diagnostics going on here!

I wonder what it is about FJ that is attracting all the cackling hens. I never "diagnosed" anyone in my post - read it again. Rather, I made observations. And an implied assertion about Josh having been abused, however it is more my simple opinion than fact. In fact, this forum is full of opinions. Change you tampon, already. :roll:

I wonder what it is about FJ that is attracting all the cackling hens. I never "diagnosed" anyone in my post - read it again. Rather, I made observations. And an implied assertion about Josh having been abused, however it is more my simple opinion than fact. In fact, this forum is full of opinions. Change you tampon, already. :roll:

Oh wait. Are you the butt-hurt non apologiser with the super secret PM army who made the anti-semitic comment :think:

You're not bitter then :lol:

Oh wait. Are you the butt-hurt non apologiser with the super secret PM army who made the anti-semitic comment :think:

You're not bitter then :lol:

No, really, Takei. It smells! As does your criticism.

In MY opinion, the video was weird and awkward. As others have said, they could have skyped or done it on their phones. But instead they did it like a TH on the show. Why? I'm imagining they have a spot either very near the TTH, or at least in Ark. They could have wished him Happy FD in person.

Yes, to me, Josh looked strange. He had that "bright eyes" thing. Jill used to do it to extreme, but when one of the guys does it, it looks very strange... the widening of the eyes.

I went back to watch the video again. (shudder) I agree with other posters who've said that Anna is losing the "adoration stare". Twice in that video, she narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips ever so slightly when he was prattling on about how wonderful JB was. Maybe it was unconscious, but I don't think I've ever seen her show less than open adoration when staring at him.

You're disgusting. Hey, anti-semitic "jew," are you a misogynist woman, too?

Nope. The comment said newer antidepressants work quicker with fewer side effects which is not accurate.

Your comment is also inaccurate (bolded) :lol: Today is a fun day.

Rinse and repeat. Individuals react differently and should be treated by a professional. Acceptable norm for an SSRI to show efficacy can be anything from 2-6 weeks. A blanket statement that if it is not working after 3 weeks could be misleading to somebody. It may not...but it could be.

Look if any comment on a forum is going to influence anybody I would think they are foolish. Problem is people are. I would rather the info was accurate. Or even better as I stated..speak to your health care provider.

The original comment was responding to the person who was saying that Josh must be on antidepressants because he looks spaced out. They said that looking spaced out is a side effect of older antidepressants, but that newer ones do not have this side effect. One of us seems to have a reading comprehension problem, but that's what I gathered from what they said.

They also said that newer antidepressants work faster and with fewer side effects, which you seem to take exception to. Are you saying there is no difference at all? I have only taken SSRIs and I not a doctor, but everything I've heard is that SSRIs are generally tolerated better (note that's GENERALLY. Yes I am aware that individual mileage may vary.)

Finally, re my comment that if you've been on a new antidepressant for 3 weeks and are still feeling awful you should try a different drug. Yes, I, too have been told that it can take 6 to 8 weeks to work. But my understanding is that it takes that long to reach FULL EFFECTIVENESS, not to have any effect at all. In my experience, (yes I am aware that I am a sample size of 1) every time I've gone on (or gone back on) meds I've started to feel better within a few days. Again, yes YMMV and I am one person.

General Disclaimer : I am a random person on the Internet who may or may not know what they're talking about. Do not use this post as a substitute for actual medical advice. Do not taunt happy fun ball.

There, does that satisfy you or am I totes 100% wrong about everything? :roll:

Archived