IGNORED

Duggars and Forgiveness

roddma

Anyone who forgives a killer of 9 people not even two days later must be a better person than me. Several years a late a former /late friend of ours shot and wounded another friend. IMO it wasnt up to me to forgive just like the Charleston shooting. We werent the ones who got shot Thankfully he didnt kill the other guy. However, we cut off ties with that person.

Anyone who forgives a killer of 9 people not even two days later must be a better person than me. Several years a late a former /late friend of ours shot and wounded another friend. IMO it wasnt up to me to forgive just like the Charleston shooting. We werent the ones who got shot Thankfully he didnt kill the other guy. However, we cut off ties with that person.

That's how I feel. And it's why I'm so puzzled at leghumpers complaining that we should just forgive the Duggars...

1) IMO it's not really my, or any other member of the general publics' place to forgive Josh (for the molesting.)

2) Forgiving someone for something doesn't mean they don't get to face the consequences. I have heard of families of murder victims say, "I forgive you, but I think it's right that you go to prison/face the death penalty/etc." So even if you do "forgive" Josh, that shouldn't excuse him from punishment, which, since the legal system couldn't do it, now the tabloids and us are doing it.

3) Not that the leghumpers/Duggars would follow along with my logic, but why would an omniscient and omni-benevolent God care if YOU forgave him. I think an all-knowing God would realize insincere forgiveness (forgiving just because it's asked of you) and an omni-benevolent God would understand if it was hard for you to forgive someone for something so vile...

That's how I feel. And it's why I'm so puzzled at leghumpers complaining that we should just forgive the Duggars...

1) IMO it's not really my, or any other member of the general publics' place to forgive Josh (for the molesting.)

2) Forgiving someone for something doesn't mean they don't get to face the consequences. I have heard of families of murder victims say, "I forgive you, but I think it's right that you go to prison/face the death penalty/etc." So even if you do "forgive" Josh, that shouldn't excuse him from punishment, which, since the legal system couldn't do it, now the tabloids and us are doing it.

3) Not that the leghumpers/Duggars would follow along with my logic, but why would an omniscient and omni-benevolent God care if YOU forgave him. I think an all-knowing God would realize insincere forgiveness (forgiving just because it's asked of you) and an omni-benevolent God would understand if it was hard for you to forgive someone for something so vile...

I also think that an all-knowing and loving God would understand that for some evil things, it's extremely hard to forgive the person. The type of God that would punish someone for refusing to forgive someone who abused them, or who murdered their family isn't a loving God in my opinion.

Archived