IGNORED

Rebecca!!! is back to blogging

Seven Severn

and she can draw! I'm no critic, but I think she's quite good.

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/

Scroll down not quite half way and you'll see her name under her pictures.

basilrathbone.net/gallery/caricatures/page3.htm

YAY!! Rebecca is one of the few fundies I really, really wish good things for. I think she reminds me a little of myself, having gone through a fundie lite period (and being, frankly, not the perfectly pretty girl the "Godly" men wanted.) I hope she finds a similar path -- education, egalitarian marriage, and ineffable happiness.

I find her drawings to be quite well done. I'm sure her critics will come (many people rip apart fundie singing/instrument playing that sounds great to me), but this level of talent (about a secular subject!!) was a pleasant surprise.

Why are her blog posts signed "His Way Services" instead of "His Way Serves"? I'm afraid to say what kind of business that sounds like :o

I also thought her drawings were lovely when I was able to navigate my way to them from her blog post the other day.

I do hope that she is betrothed sometime soon. She certainly has a cedar chest full of baby clothes. Bless her.

Isn't Rebecca the one whose parents have given her children clothes for Christmas presents? Clothes meant for her future children she'll have after she finds a Godly young chap to marry?

If it is, she is one of the nicest fundies. She really seems so sweet and caring, and not full of judgemental righteousness like so many of the others.

Just had a quick skim of that particular rabbit hole - so is she the original "eleventy!!!11!" then??? I've always wondered where that one came from!

:wink-penguin:

Why are her blog posts signed "His Way Services" instead of "His Way Serves"? I'm afraid to say what kind of business that sounds like :o

:lol: :lol:

It is a lot more mundane. Her dad runs a cleaning/janitorial service and the family all pitch in on cleaning jobs.

I like Rebecca. I'm kind of sad she has her own forum on here as she doesn't seem to deserve all the snark.

I think the eleventy!!!! business is a general internet joke about people who post lots of exclamation.marks and a few 111s too when their finger slips off the shift key!!!!!!11!! Rebecca seems to have made herself famous by exclaiming all over the titus2 blog.

My summary would be that Rebecca and her sister live with their parents in a modest home. They decorate cakes and post a lot about family birthday parties and the happenings of their friends and relatives. They eat at McDonald's often, they seem nice, they foster kids, have no boyfriends, Rebecca receives baby clothes for gifts because she will be a wife and mom someday. She loves the Maxwells. Her father wrote a book. Something about Jesus.

Yes Rebecca really loves the Maxwells. I always felt she wants to be one. She use to post alot on their blog but not so much anymore.

:lol: :lol:

It is a lot more mundane. Her dad runs a cleaning/janitorial service and the family all pitch in on cleaning jobs.

I like Rebecca. I'm kind of sad she has her own forum on here as she doesn't seem to deserve all the snark.

I think the eleventy!!!! business is a general internet joke about people who post lots of exclamation.marks and a few 111s too when their finger slips off the shift key!!!!!!11!! Rebecca seems to have made herself famous by exclaiming all over the titus2 blog.

That makes sense, thanks! (I knew the reality wouldn't be anything raunchy but I was curious if it was a typo...)

She disappeared from most active discussion here before I came to FJ, so I've seen lots of references to her but not a lot of actual discussion. I'll have to give her a bit of a read...

Yes Rebecca really loves the Maxwells. I always felt she wants to be one. She use to post alot on their blog but not so much anymore.

Uh oh! Is there a possibility she could actually marry one and BECOME a Maxwell? :o

Uh oh! Is there a possibility she could actually marry one and BECOME a Maxwell? :o

I don't think so!! But I think that is what she wants. Although in her family they seem to have some fun & get a Christmas tree every year.

Nope. Steve would never approve. She's very average in appearance and isn't isolated at all. Her family does things like eating at McDonald's (although, not often, from what I gather they're just of modest means, so it's "dining out" to them) and decorates cakes; certainly not a "no - meat burrito and 2 animal cracker" family.

Basically, he'd think she's not good enough (when in reality she's way too good, IMHO.)

I don't know how she started admiring them, but I'm guessing either a phase where she saw austerity/sacrifice as Godliness or a straight up Internet crush on one of the sons. She doesn't seem to be all that interested in Maxhell anymore.

Isn't Rebecca the one whose parents have given her children clothes for Christmas presents? Clothes meant for her future children she'll have after she finds a Godly young chap to marry?

If it is, she is one of the nicest fundies. She really seems so sweet and caring, and not full of judgemental righteousness like so many of the others.

Why would her parents do that? Unless she insists that she wants baby clothes for gifts, I think that it is a bit cruel to give her baby clothes when they know she yearns to be married and have babies, but is not even engaged or courting yet. Or perhaps stocking the hope chest is what brings her true happiness and her parents are accommodating.

I have never looked at her blog but know her from FJ, and there seems to be a universal agreement that she is truly a sweet girl.

And count me in as someone who feels that no one deserves to marry into Maxhell. Didn't she used to comment a lot and ask questions, and Asshovah would always answer her in his trademark short, clipped replies? Maybe that is why she is kind of over the Maxwells.

The only way I would want for her to snag a Maxwell would be if John truly escapes.

Nope. Steve would never approve. She's very average in appearance and isn't isolated at all. Her family does things like eating at McDonald's (although, not often, from what I gather they're just of modest means, so it's "dining out" to them) and decorates cakes; certainly not a "no - meat burrito and 2 animal cracker" family.

Basically, he'd think she's not good enough (when in reality she's way too good, IMHO.)

I don't know how she started admiring them, but I'm guessing either a phase where she saw austerity/sacrifice as Godliness or a straight up Internet crush on one of the sons. She doesn't seem to be all that interested in Maxhell anymore.

To the above: :text-yeahthat:

Okay, Palimpsest, I'm channeling the good memory you claim I have, and I dug up this little gem from the thread where Joseph's original engagement to Elizabeth Munck was discussed. :wink-kitty:

Another FJ user captured this comment in the Titus 2 blog post announcing the engagement (now scrubbed):

Rebecca K. says:

June 28, 2012 at 2:37 pm

WHAT??????!!!!!!!!! Wow! I had no idea! Great picture! What can I say? She’s a beautiful young lady! I didn’t expect this, I mean this soon! God bless you both! Can’t wait to see and hear more! Your lives are so full of adventures, especially the past year!

God bless! Rebecca K.

It was quite clear to everyone that she was extremely disappointed. The word on the street was that, at the time, she wasn't making too much of an effort to hide her desire to marry a Maxwell around her age. However, I hope a few more orbits around the sun have helped her realize that she dodged a huge bullet.

Rebecca's online persona certainly suggests she is a very sweet and talented woman, and I really hope she leads a happy, fulfilling life doing whatever she chooses.

Also, see Steve!! The internet never forgets!!!!

Why would her parents do that? Unless she insists that she wants baby clothes for gifts, I think that it is a bit cruel to give her baby clothes when they know she yearns to be married and have babies, but is not even engaged or courting yet. Or perhaps stocking the hope chest is what brings her true happiness and her parents are accommodating.

I have never looked at her blog but know her from FJ, and there seems to be a universal agreement that she is truly a sweet girl.

And count me in as someone who feels that no one deserves to marry into Maxhell. Didn't she used to comment a lot and ask questions, and Asshovah would always answer her in his trademark short, clipped replies? Maybe that is why she is kind of over the Maxwells.

The only way I would want for her to snag a Maxwell would be if John truly escapes.

Re: Baby Clothes

I agree that it's weird. But, from personal experience, I can say that many people think doing these kinds of things is a statement of faith. You're so expecting God to bless you in X/Y/Z way that you prepare for it. For instance, before couponing was a "thing", I knew single women who began buying things like laundry soap and diapers to put away for when they had a husband, home, and child(ren) to care for.

I was unmarried until I left the church (or stopped attending -- I wasn't actually a member or anything) and I was rather sad about it at the time (ended up getting married at 35 to a wonderful, non-church going man.) Anyway, along the way, most of my friends got married. I remember when my bestie was getting married for the first time and I was in Colorado dress hunting with her. Someone from church asked me how I was dealing with it (in light of my lack of Godly reward -- seriously). I said it was fine, but I did have a moment when I found a dress that made me gasp. It was so beautiful, and soft, and perfect for me, that I got a bit teary eyed. The person asked, in all seriousness, if I bought it for myself. Of course I didn't, and thought she was nuts, but it made sense to most of the people I mentioned it to. If I only had faith, I would KNOW that I would need the gown.

So, ridiculous, but not uncommon in the sub culture.

In the past, she's purchased little girls' dresses (not as gifts, but to keep) with her own money (I think it was money from her 21st birthday). So, I think this is something she appreciates.

I completely agree with everyone that she's much too sweet, loving, fun-loving, and creative for Maxhell.

Elegant Mess: thanks for finding her post about the engagement.

I agree that she is to good for a Maxwell but I think she really wanted to be one.

I agree that she is to good for a Maxwell but I think she really wanted to be one.

No problem! I do what I can. :)

At one time, yes. But Rebecca doesn't seem to hang around their blog so much now. She seems much more mature lately. I think that experience with the Wilkerson family changed her.

Archived