IGNORED

Rachel Dolezal raised Fundy?

justoneoftwo

It seemed really obvious from the start that something was wrong with this family... I mean I totally get being upset, confused, angry, and/or concerned that your child is doing something like this... but to out her to the national media the way they did? And then to go on all kinds of news/talk shows to give interviews about it? That just strikes me as really bizarre.

Everyone in that family needs help. After reading the sister's account, I have no doubt the parents were abusive.

itsthelife17.blogspot.com/2014/01/well-lets-just-say-this-new-year-is-not.html

Wow, Esther definitely does not hold back on the details.

I'm a gonna just have to step away from this whole thing for a bit and refrain from commenting. It is like a disco ball; just when I think I understand it, another glittering facet catches my eye and I start to think about it differently.

I got to talk to my family about Larry and his wife (already forgot her name). The family member I talked to said that they are uber Christian and very judgy and I probably did this out of spite. And then he changed the subject to the scenery flying by at 70 mph. I didn't question further.

Someone else told me he was also on city council at one point too.

I just help but wonder why a parent would go to the media about it. I so badly want to go talk to them but I have way too much people anxiety to go do it.

Reading the sister's blog... this whole family keeps getting weirder.

I mean, I feel bad to say it because I do think the Dolezals were abusive... but the blog is a snark goldmine in and of itself.

Was reading around in the sister's blog yesterday, and her profile pic changed three times while I was doing it. First, when I arrived, was a medium dark black girl. Second, was the same girl with a white girl, who might have been her sister, and finally, the one that's up now, which is either a light skinned black girl, or a photoshopped pic of the first girl (not same picture).

They DO need help, but my guess is that they're all past getting it.

Heart hurts.

Was reading around in the sister's blog yesterday, and her profile pic changed three times while I was doing it. First, when I arrived, was a medium dark black girl. Second, was the same girl with a white girl, who might have been her sister, and finally, the one that's up now, which is either a light skinned black girl, or a photoshopped pic of the first girl (not same picture).

They DO need help, but my guess is that they're all past getting it.

Heart hurts.

This gets weirder the more I read about it. At least I can say is that compared to this family, my dad's crazy family almost seems normal.

Reading the sister's blog... this whole family keeps getting weirder.

I mean, I feel bad to say it because I do think the Dolezals were abusive... but the blog is a snark goldmine in and of itself.

IKR! I'm conflicted because this girl is self-aware, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Damaged is the word that initially comes to mind. She's gone from the Dolezals' abuse, kleptomania, 5yrs in a group home, bouncing around between places, kicked out by Rachel, victim of theft from her brother, string of hookups, and living on the streets. :trainwreck:

There is no excusing Rachel Dolezal's actions--she knowingly misrepresented herself, under a fraudulent identity. But having learned more about her family, and how utterly messed up they are, I do feel bad for her. I have no doubt she's passionately committed to the cause of justice and equality for black Americans--but holy cow, that woman needed some serious help from a competent therapist, and never got it. And she probably won't ever get it. And her younger sister, and likely her brother/"son" are walking wounded, too.

God, those parents of theirs fucked those poor kids up, and boy, did they do a damned thorough job of it. :(

Seeing the thread title, I had no idea who Rachel Dolezal was. She's been mentioned a bit over here in the UK, but not much. My initial thought was that she does not look black- tanned maybe. Working for black rights, fine. Calling yourself black when you aren't, weird. And now this question of her being raised 'fundie'... as Sky News said when I first heard about this case, it's a bizarre story.

Very, very off-topic and I apologize, Jezebel, who is in your avatar? It frightens me. :lol:

Very, very off-topic and I apologize, Jezebel, who is in your avatar? It frightens me. :lol:

I'm not Jezebel, BUT I KNOW THIS ONE and have been admiring it for a looooooog time: Newt Gingrich's current wife, #3, Callista. He told wife #2 he was dumping her while she was in the hospital after surgery. Callista was a church organist, a Catholic, and the Newt converted to Catholicism. And, yes, on the campaign trail in 2012, she looked EXACTLY like the photo.

What's sad is that I didn't have to look up any of this stuff. I need a life.

And Jezebel, mea culpa for butting in :oops:

I'm not Jezebel, BUT I KNOW THIS ONE and have been admiring it for a looooooog time: Newt Gingrich's current wife, #3, Callista. He told wife #2 he was dumping her while she was in the hospital after surgery. Callista was a church organist, a Catholic, and the Newt converted to Catholicism. And, yes, on the campaign trail in 2012, she looked EXACTLY like the photo.

She scares me, but she is also the perfect FJ avatar. Callista looks every inch the Stepford wife.

No worries! Thanks for explaining who she is so I didn't have to! :lol:

Thank you! The pic will haunt my nightmares! :D

That poor girl (Esther). It was obvious something was up with this family when there were those weird whispers of lawsuits when Rachel was first outed.

The parents were fine with letting Rachel live her lie until it was convenient for them to out her to their own benefit and now they are acting like they are so morally and that is why they are doing it. It rubs me the wrong way. Rachel deserved to be called out, but not by petty religious nuts who want to bring her down for their own purposes.

My god, what is wrong with this family? It honestly seems like the vast majority of children have some sort of issue. I don't say that to be mean, but a son accused of sexual abuse, a pathological liar, a kleptomaniac, and Izaiah who did what he could to get away. I could be wrong but 4 out of 6 kids with some sort of problem doesn't seem normal to me. What the hell did they do to their kids?

Just to note that it was his first wife that Newt divorced as she was recovering in the hospital. He told his second wife he wanted a divorce shortly after she was diagnosed with MS.

Just to note that it was his first wife that Newt divorced as she was recovering in the hospital. He told his second wife he wanted a divorce shortly after she was diagnosed with MS.

IIRC, second wife is the one he was cheating with when he told first wife. Wonder what Callista's got in store?

I remember when men with that kind of history *didn't* run for President.

Archived