IGNORED

Jen Fishburne’s Daughter Natasha Epstein in Big Trouble

DomWackTroll

Agreed, but Jen would be the first to tell you that the US government owes its people nothing but the "freedom" to suffer. So let her suffer.

Heaven forbid she goes to an urgent care clinic for $150 or so to get the foot fixed. :roll:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, but Jen would be the first to tell you that the US government owes its people nothing but the "freedom" to suffer. So let her suffer.

Ive just realised that despite having to self treat broken bones to avoid medical costs, she is also a fundie, and most fundies are against any reform of the healthcare system that will make it less expensive to get injured.

They don't realise that everything that they are against could make things so much easier for themselves to live with. Like that I really don't understand why fundies are against welfare and turn down food stamps and stuff, if the alternative is living off donations and stretching five servings of food to feed ten, while bragging about how godly they are.

When Jen posts, “I don't put my faith in doctors. I do trust Jesus to heal me and to give me the wisdom on what I need to do,†a well-meaning friend tries to reason with her: “So I lost a friend who died in childbirth. She left 7 children behind. She was advised a C-section bc of complications. She put her faith in God. Had the baby at home. Died during delivery. And the entire Facebook group cheered her on in her defiance of wisdom of the Drs. And that's when I quit all Facebook groups. I saw your foot. It needs medical assistance. That has nothing to do with faith. But it's your foot... If you don't wanna keep it that's up to you.â€

facebook.com/Jensgems/posts/10207136007985749comment_id=10207147086342701&offset=0&total_comments=16&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D&pnref=story

When Jen posts, “I don't put my faith in doctors. I do trust Jesus to heal me and to give me the wisdom on what I need to do,†a well-meaning friend tries to reason with her: “So I lost a friend who died in childbirth. She left 7 children behind. She was advised a C-section bc of complications. She put her faith in God. Had the baby at home. Died during delivery. And the entire Facebook group cheered her on in her defiance of wisdom of the Drs. And that's when I quit all Facebook groups. I saw your foot. It needs medical assistance. That has nothing to do with faith. But it's your foot... If you don't wanna keep it that's up to you.â€

facebook.com/Jensgems/posts/10207136007985749comment_id=10207147086342701&offset=0&total_comments=16&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D&pnref=story

What's interesting is that friend, Sarah Pressler, is also a VF cult survivor who left BCA -- not sure of the timing with regard to the Epsteins' excommunication.

Her advice is excellent; let's hope that Jen heeds it.

Western medicine is brilliant at emergency-type medicine -- stitching up, setting bones, repairing people after major and minor accidents.

I can see how some people might want to go the alternative route for some things (I have an internist for primary care and an acupuncturist I've gone to for 20 years), but to avoid doctors when dealing with structural stuff?

The crazy is strong with this woman.

It also makes me wonder what Mr. New Guy Jeff is like if he's romancing Jen. Actually, I'm going to cut that thought off at its root, because I don't even want to think about it for one more minute.

• 4 weeks later...

“Natasha had court last Friday. I finally got to speak to her. The DA offered her a plea deal of ten years in jail. She refused the deal so her attorney says that she will probably just sit in jail until after the related murder trial that begins September 25th, and then she will go back to court probably in October or November. Please pray that she would come to know and love Jesus.â€

facebook.com/Jensgems/posts/10207383471692187?pnref=story

ETA: Story about arrest and charges:

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/ne ... o-cre.html

If she is found guilty I'm guessing she will get more like 20 years.

So tragic all the way around. Not defending her actions, but I'm sure her dysfunctional upbringing did her no favors in life.

• 1 month later...

Update on Jen’s Facebook page:

I hadn't seen my daughter in more than six months, and I will be moving out of state next week, so I went to visit her in jail this morning.

Those kind of visits are so hard on a mother's heart. Cherish your children today.

I am not allowed to see my other children before I leave. I haven't seen my youngest disabled daughter in over a year and someone told my son lies about me so he refuses to speak to me any more.

Again, cherish your children while you can.

I know that God is still God and still good.

facebook.com/Jensgems/posts/10207733920493188?pnref=story

Have you any sense of what's going on with the other children, DWT? I'm intrigued. :popcorn2:

I find this bizarre as well. I'm quite curious about why she's "not allowed" to see them. It's also very odd that she hadn't seen Natasha in six months. That kind of visit would have to be very, very difficult, but why wouldn't she make the effort to see her and provide a little more support? So strange...

It's astonishing to me, the level of dysfunction in some of these families, and the FB commenters are all so "Let go and let God" about it.

I don't get the sense of Jen being particularly heartbroken that the children she birthed are in trouble and out of reach. She seems so disengaged and just concerned about how their situations reflect on her. Her faith is still strong and God is God!

I'd be thinking, "fuck God, I want my baby girl out of prison", no matter how unreasonable or likely the wish might be.

I suspect that Jen Fishburne is not, and perhaps never was, the wonderful mother she's told us she was.

IIRC, the disabled daughter was in the care & custody of her ex-husband Mark Epstein (whose "new" name I can't remember) after their divorce. It's possible she still is under his care with him as her guardian, in which case Mark may be able to refuse access to Jen. Her son is probably no longer a minor and can choose to speak to his mother or not.

IMO, both Jen & Mark have a LOT to answer for considering the way they dragged their kids through all of the fundie wacko bullshit for yeats.

I suspect that Jen Fishburne is not, and perhaps never was, the wonderful mother she's told us she was.

IIRC, the disabled daughter was in the care & custody of her ex-husband Mark Epstein (whose "new" name I can't remember) after their divorce. It's possible she still is under his care with him as her guardian, in which case Mark may be able to refuse access to Jen. Her son is probably no longer a minor and can choose to speak to his mother or not.

IMO, both Jen & Mark have a LOT to answer for considering the way they dragged their kids through all of the fundie wacko bullshit for yeats.

Yep, with the younger daughter I would guess it would have to be Mark keeping her away from Jen. FOR YEARS Mark and Jen have been going back and forth with this sick love/hate relationship. One year they're BFFs and joking around in the comments sections of Jen's Gems, the next they're trash-talking each other all over the interwebz. And there is no "right side" to any of it, because they are both vengeful, racist pigs with delusions of grandeur.

Yes, I believe the younger daughter with disabilities was in Mark's custody after the divorce. He has remarried and now calls himself Gideon "The Reaper" or Gid'on Eilat. He has returned to Judaism, and he and his new wife seem too be as Fundie in their attitude to Judaism as he once was as a BCA/Tool Christian convert. I remember being quite taken aback by her Facebook page. I'm sure there is a link somewhere on FJ. I'm feeling too lazy to rummage right now but will take a look if people are interested. :)

Is this him?! Lover of beards and ink. Remarried after 17 days on Jewish matchmaking site, met wife on wedding day.

facebook.com/gidonyeilat?_rdr=p

Sounds right up Jen's street!

WTF is wrong with these people? ("ah, yes, that "Western" thought").

Is this him?! Lover of beards and ink. Remarried after 17 days on Jewish matchmaking site, met wife on wedding day.

facebook.com/gidonyeilat?_rdr=p

Sounds right up Jen's street!

WTF is wrong with these people? ("ah, yes, that "Western" thought").

Yes, that's him! And they are just ... bat shit. I can't think of a better term for Jen and Mark.

Sarai is rather special too. :mouse-shock:

Those poor kids.

Sarai is scary. And as you can see, she claims Alicia (Jen's younger daughter) as her own:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=891599340933227&set=a.350914908335009.82603.100002495098599&type=1&theater

When Mark and Sarai split up-- and they will-- it just might make Mark vs. Jen look like a kitten fight.

Sarai is scary. And as you can see, she claims Alicia (Jen's younger daughter) as her own:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=891599340933227&set=a.350914908335009.82603.100002495098599&type=1&theater

When Mark and Sarai split up-- and they will-- it just might make Mark vs. Jen look like a kitten fight.

You know, weirdly enough, I just wouldn't bet on that.

Yes, I believe the younger daughter with disabilities was in Mark's custody after the divorce.

Not at first she wasn't... at least I didn't think so. Something must have changed.

You know, weirdly enough, I just wouldn't bet on that.

May I ask why? I mean, insanity and paranoia in both partners usually does not bode well for their future.

So is Jen married to the guy (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater) with whom she'll be traveling around the eastern/southeastern US? (https://www.facebook.com/Jensgems/posts ... nref=story):

Gypsies for Jesus!

Jeff and I will be embarking on a traveling ministry beginning next week and we are in need of a pull-behind travel trailer, or perhaps a cargo trailer. We are currently in San Antonio, TX, but will be traveling to Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Ohio in the near future, so we can pick up something along the way, or near any of those states.

Let me know if you can help us out, or if you would like us to come minister in your area!

If so, is this husband #3 or 4?

So is Jen married to the guy (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater) with whom she'll be traveling around the eastern/southeastern US? (https://www.facebook.com/Jensgems/posts ... nref=story):

If so, is this husband #3 or 4?

They really do "step out in faith", don't they?!

We are starting a travelling ministry but we don't yet have the means to travel!! Praise God!!

ETA Maybe Sparkling Lauren could pop over and join in the fun. She has a camper van and seems to be ready for a change.... :whistle:

May I ask why? I mean, insanity and paranoia in both partners usually does not bode well for their future.

Simply put, he has some whacked out beliefs, but I don't think he's nearly as crazy as Jen was / is?

Archived