IGNORED

Make It Or Break It

VenusJS

...I can't be the only shameless fan girl of this teen-athlete-drama series. I've always been intrigued by the world of competitive, elite gymnastics. Wanted to be one myself, but didn't have the build for it! Anywho. Does anyone know if it is coming back for another season? It's loads better than that terrible (sorry if you like it) trainwreck that is "Secret Life of the American Teenager."

Also, I have a shameless crush on the guy who plays Damon. Lucky for me the actor is much closer to my age than the character!

I would call myself a fan, but I also feel deep shame about watching anything that comes on ABCfamily :oops: I'm intrigued by the whole gymnastics/dance/figure skating world too.

I haven't heard anything about when it's coming back, but I imagine it will start back when Secret Life ends. I'm waiting for Emily's "comeback" after the actress's maternity leave. Of course, they did end on a high note after Worlds, and ABCfamily has been known to end shows randomly without notice. I used to watch Greek, and it had the weirdest, most abrupt ending of any show I've ever seen. So maybe it won't be back :?:

OMG...I absolutely love this show. I was obsessed with gymnastics as a kid. I think I was the only person that read that tween series The Gymnasts. This show appeals to my inner tween. I love the cheesy, cheesy storylines and the gorgeous Sasha Belov.

Last I saw on TWoP, the show may be cancelled. Chelsea Hobbs posted on Twitter or Tumblr something that indicated that either way, her time on the show was over. It looks like Emily has been written out of the show.

ETA: Apparently, the actors don't even know. Short article on Cassie Scerbo: http://justjaredjr.buzznet.com/2011/08/ ... returning/

Yay, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I read that series too, luckylibrarian! and OMG Sasha...That freaking guy. Yummmmmy.

Thanks for the link!

I would be disappointed if Emily was written out in the way in which the season ended. Especially since the show kind of began with her character...

I love this show! I was an elite gymnast for years, so naturally I'm fascinated by it. I also like to laugh to myself about how inaccurate it is...most of the skills they show the girls doing are WAY below elite level.

Anyways, I hope the next season starts soon...I want to see what comes of the Emily/pregnancy storyline.

I love this show! I was an elite gymnast for years, so naturally I'm fascinated by it. I also like to laugh to myself about how inaccurate it is...most of the skills they show the girls doing are WAY below elite level.

Anyways, I hope the next season starts soon...I want to see what comes of the Emily/pregnancy storyline.

Did you notice the beam? They used to make an effort to not really show it, but the one they use is at least twice the width of a regulation beam :lol: Or they would have a shot looking up at it from below where it would be normal size, and once they pan around to show the girls on the beam you could tell it was a good 6-8 inches wide.

They still do/did use gymnasts for stunts and "extras." Lots of former NCAA peeps - Tasha Schweikert has done a lot to name one.

It was decided around the airing of the season finale that Emily would be written out but they didn't know if there would be another season. It was supposed to be announced/decided by the end of June but no decision was made. Still waiting to find out.

(a poster on another forum I belong to has interviewed the cast and has gotten emails from Ayla, who plays Peyton)

Hey, thanks for the info, Rowan.

I will indeed be disappointed if last season finale was the "wrap-up" of Emily's story line-- especially since it didn't really wrap up anything at all. But then again I'd be disappointed if that's how the series ended too.

I always try to play "spot the stunt-double" but I'm not very good at it lol.

Did you notice the beam? They used to make an effort to not really show it, but the one they use is at least twice the width of a regulation beam :lol: Or they would have a shot looking up at it from below where it would be normal size, and once they pan around to show the girls on the beam you could tell it was a good 6-8 inches wide.

Haha yes, so funny! We had one of those at my gym, and it's like a sidewalk compared to the 4in beam.

Awww I will be so disappointed if that was the last season :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Jaoan. We finally got hulu 3 weeks ago. I was amazing. I picked my series (after paying the hefty subscription fee!). Chose this one. Loved it. Got 2/3 of the way through the first season. Decided one night not to go for dinner with my friends because I was tired. Instead I bought take outm and went home to watch the rest of the season.

After 2 weeks of existence here, hulu had pulled the show.

I'm still angry about this! I nearly threw the laptop out the window...

YAY! I have been rewatching on netflix and forgot about how dammned attractive Neil Jackson is as Sasha. Oh my swoon!

eta: this perfectly sums up my feelings about the emily-debacle. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/showan ... f-it-inclu

I never liked Emily...too whiny and way too harsh on her mom, I think.

I'm really glad the show is coming back even if to wrap up things. I really hope the girls get to realize their Olympic dream.

• 6 months later...

I just discovered that it's back!!!! Yaaaay!!!! ABC Family and Hulu only have episodes 2 and 3 of Season 3 up. Can someone fill me in on what happened in episode 1?

I just discovered that it's back!!!! Yaaaay!!!! ABC Family and Hulu only have episodes 2 and 3 of Season 3 up. Can someone fill me in on what happened in episode 1?

Love this show! One of probably about three shows on ABC Family that's any good. But anyway...Here's a link to their recap of the season's first episode (Hope it's OK not to break the link since it's the network's website.).[link=http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/make-it-break-it/recaps/smells-winner/943185]http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/make-it-break-it/recaps/smells-winner/943185[/link]

It basically boiled down to them getting acquainted with the Olympic training center, getting to know the coach & a couple new gymnasts, & realizing something's wrong with Lauren health-wise. From the promos for next week, I'm betting on some kind of heart problem, possibly requiring pretty urgent surgery or serious treatment of some kind, which she won't want to have until at least after the Olympic trials.

Edit : 'Cause I screwed up the link.

Yes! I love this show!

I'm just glad Summer is finally not around any more. Candice Cameron is terrible and the super sappy Christian stuff was grossing me out.

I'm kind of sad Emily was written out but the actress got pregnant. Not much you can do with that in the storyline!

I couldn't stand Emily (And I should have been empathizing with her for several reasons). I haven't missed her one bit. Nor have I missed the parent drama, or Summer. I wouldn't mind some more Sasha. Overall, I feel like the show is much better this season, and I wish they hadn't just gotten better at the end... now I'm hoping they'll extend this super-short season to show the Olympics.

Thanks, LilBit! I'm mad that we won't have Sasha eye candy for awhile...

I do like the Payson-Rigo pairing, and I like the sudden Payson and Lauren comraderie. In some ways, it feels like a totally different show without Sasha, Summer (even though I can't stand her), and the Kmetkos. I don't like that the parents are totally MIA, and I don't like the absence of the Rock.

• 1 month later...

Surely I can't be the only one on here who is disappointed that the show has been cancelled??? It was the ONLY ABC Family show I like.

Although I did enjoy the last episode, at least.

And I couldn't stand Emily either, she was awful! I didn't like her being written off of the show all that much - the pregnancy storyline seemed a bit rushed to me, and just kind of annoying, but I mean of course it's hard to do much with Chelsea being pregnant. I really didn't miss Emily at all, but I did really miss Sasha! Also the Keeler family is great, I miss seeing them.

I love playing spot-the-stunt-double! And, as a gymnast, I have noticed the fact that they're often below elite level and that the beam is surprisingly wide in some shots.

I loved this last season; the characters and friendships developed so much and they tackled some intense issues. I feel like the show got so much better and they cut it anyway.

I cannot STAND Secret Life, I cringe when I try to watch MIOBI because it's on before AND after and I find it genuinely painful to watch. The characters are so annoying and it's just so bad. So not fair that it's still around and MIOBI is not. Forgive me if you like Secret Life, you are entitled to your own opinions of course!

Yup...Always loved it, & I'm disappointed it's over, too. I'd have liked to see them go to the Olympics. And I'd have liked to see Wendy get what was coming to her! I mean, Lauren outed her as the one drugging Kaylie, but we never saw any punishment or anything other than her not making the team. And you're right...It was one of the very few times ABC Family got it right!

Archived