IGNORED

Duggar Fox News Interviews - Mild, Inappropriate Lying

happy atheist

I've heard the fifth victim described as both a "family friend" and a "babysitter."

Wonder if the fifth victim was the one who wrote the letter? It had to be someone very close to the family and in their home church thingie.

We're not speculating on the 5th person.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember <> that visited the Duggars and stayed with them for a week or so? I cant remember the year, and perhaps I'm off a few years, could it be THAT girl? I know its speculation...

We're NOT speculating about the 5th person.

I was about to say the same thing. There's not supposed to be any speculation on the identity of the victim. Talk about the situation is supposed to be confined to the information we have from the police reports and what the Duggars have said, it's disrespectful to the victims to try and deduce who they are (and it's impossible anyway given the sheer number of people the Duggars have had contact with through the years). My comments about the babysitting were based in the idea that I seriously doubt JimBob would have hired a babysitter to come over to his house for that purpose, I didn't mean to invite any speculation about who the person was.

Remember <> that visited the Duggars and stayed with them for a week or so? I cant remember the year, and perhaps I'm off a few years, could it be THAT girl? I know its speculation...

I doubt it's <>. It could be but I'm pretty certain they weren't close friends with the Duggars yet at that time.

Edit: Agreed with people who say we should not speculate. Who ever the victim is, a friend of the family or not. The Duggar girls weren't lucky enough and their names were revealed simply because people could guess. But we shouldn't say anything about the 5th girl. My bad.

We're NOT speculating about the 5th person.

I agree and appologize. I didn't mean to speculate on who the 5th victim was, just the whole situation around it and that Josh may have been around more people when it happened than I first thought.

I doubt the fifth victim wrote the letter. She was one of the earlier victims and one would hope that she didn't have much contact with the family after that. So she would not have know details about the later incidents.

Personally, I hope the public never finds out who the last victim is. I think it might be painful for her to get all this media attention on something that happened which is so personal. Whoever she is, she may just be happy she is not caught up in the media circus and having it disrupt her life. I hope she is healing emotionally from Josh's molestation and living her life happily.

It makes me wonder. Josh was 14 when the first molestations occurred. That means JD and Jana were, what? 12? 13?.... WHY did they NEED a babysitter? That has always caused me to wonder. In my state, a child can babysit for money after taking a Safe Sitter class offered by the county. Surely, the parents thought Josh or the top three could handle the "other ones"...

This is why I don't think it was actually a babysitter. QF people have lots of other people's same-age kids in and out of the home all the time, and sometimes they can get somebody's older girls to come and help out. When the Duggars say "babysitter," I read it as a girl in the same age group as the J'Slaves from another family, and if she's helping the J'Slaves, she's most likely doing it without pay.

ETA a thought

Quote I just found from PR/ Crisis expert at Levick, NYC, Washington DC and Chicago:

The harsh reaction to the interview has put new pressure on the network to make a decision about the future of the show. Experts said that if the Fox News appearance was part of an effort to help resurrect the program, it backfired.

The Duggars "have absolutely no future on American television," said Jack Deschauer, vice president at crisis management firm Levick.

"Their whole brand was a loving, conservative, Christian family that lived life according to a very strict code of ethics," he said. "How can you conserve that brand?"

Please let this be true. I woke up this morning with the sinking feeling that TLC would wait for the furor to die down and then quietly slide them back on the air. It's that same feeling I had when someone at work was put on leave for inappropriate touching (really!) and I thought the folks in charge might let him come back. In both cases, being allowed to return would be to signal that no one did anything wrong, and that they can just keep on doing what they were doing. This show needs to be cancelled to show both the Duggars and the world at large that this kind of behavior is reprehensible and does not belong on decent people's TVs.

Regarding radar (or other media) buying the letter. For the most part media will not identify a sexual assault victim. In Touch knows who the 5th victim is and has not released that. I believe if anyone is able to purchase the letter (and lets face it, someone will), once its authenticity is verified or otherwise stipulated to, it will be published in a redacted form.

I do believe they will behave responsibly in this manner. When this happens I truly hope that members of this site will respect this woman and not speculate or try to guess who she is based on bits and pieces that will be disclosed.

I hope you're right. Most media outlets do seem to have some decency when it comes to not naming victims of sexually based crimes - I hope that whoever winds up with the letter respects the fifth victim's privacy.

As for FJers guessing the identity, I think most people here are sympathetic people. I don't think many (if any) of us will participate in speculating about their identity. But be warned fellow posters - if you do, don't be surprised if I turn into a raging She-Hulk and verbally tear you a new one. I always try to be polite and civil online, but this is pretty much the one topic on here that I will not stand for at all. Its bad enough we know who four of the victims are.

The focus on "rapist" was irritating. And a mild lie. Go to the extreme, minority comments. Pretend THAT is the issue. Very few were saying that he was a rapist. "Hypocrite" is the majority view. "Molester who hid the truth"... Concern for the victims AND Josh due to "a culture that caused this to happen". That is more often the sentiment than "rapist". Typical Faux spin to deflect.

It is the extremist religious tactic that has made our government stop functioning. They brought it into Congress. All or nothing. Black and white. Conplete infallibility of one's ideals. No compromise.

Does anyone else remember, when asked about Josh's return home , Jill responded with "Well, when he came back AGAIN...blah blah blah.." Again? So he was sent away more than once? :shrug:

That's what I thought. Because she said, "...whenever he went away..." But someone said that that is just how they talk. It could be he went away for other offenses. God knows the boys have to get the stamp of approval from Gothard's group before they can start a life away from dad.

It makes me wonder. Josh was 14 when the first molestations occurred. That means JD and Jana were, what? 12? 13?.... WHY did they NEED a babysitter? That has always caused me to wonder. In my state, a child can babysit for money after taking a Safe Sitter class offered by the county. Surely, the parents thought Josh or the top three could handle the "other ones"...

Long story short, when my brother was thirteen he was home alone taking a shower when burglars kicked in our front door. Could there have been a rash of robberies or something in their neighborhood, and the Duggars decided they wanted an older teen there just in case something happened?

Weren't Jim Bob and Michelle held up at gunpoint when their car dealership was robbed, back when they were first married? Maybe they were paranoid (though I'm not sure what good having a teenage babysitter in the house would do in that scenario)...

That's what I thought. Because she said, "...whenever he went away..." But someone said that that is just how they talk. It could be he went away for other offenses. God knows the boys have to get the stamp of approval from Gothard's group before they can start a life away from dad.

Thank you for clarifying what I heard and what it may mean. I really didn't want to watch the interview again, in order to find it. Not out of lazyness, but it has triggered some issues for me with my own experience as a sexual assualt survivor. Unfortunetly, mine occured while I was heavily sedated after surgery, in the hospital by a supervisor. I am a police officer, and when I did report it and went through several grueling interviews, facing him in court for the Restraining Order I was told by the "brass" that "although we know how difficult this was for you to come forward, the allegations have been deemed "unfounded". ((even after he admitted to the assault on a pre-text phone call)).

On one hand Jill and Jessa frustrate me because of their reaction to this on camera. However, I do know first hand what its like to be in an enviornment where you are told it was "Mild, Inappropriate touching"

I apologize for the long thread here.

Megyn Kelly’s Interview With Duggar Sisters Draws 2.2 Million Viewers

I sure hope TLC doesn't think this means we all want to see the show come back.

I watched the interview but haven't been able to keep up with the threads here. When did they 'out' Jinger as a victim?

Megyn Kelly said "your younger sisters" when she was talking to Jessa and Jill. Thus eliminating Jana.

Megyn Kelly’s Interview With Duggar Sisters Draws 2.2 Million Viewers

I sure hope TLC doesn't think this means we all want to see the show come back.

Let's hope they get this is because people want to see the lies exposed after years of sugar-coating.

The focus on "rapist" was irritating. And a mild lie. Go to the extreme, minority comments. Pretend THAT is the issue. Very few were saying that he was a rapist. "Hypocrite" is the majority view. "Molester who hid the truth"... Concern for the victims AND Josh due to "a culture that caused this to happen". That is more often the sentiment than "rapist". Typical Faux spin to deflect.

It is the extremist religious tactic that has made our government stop functioning. They brought it into Congress. All or nothing. Black and white. Conplete infallibility of one's ideals. No compromise.

I believe some people refer to digital penetration as rape, because certain states view it as such. It's viewed as rape in Canada. You don't need penis in vagina to be raped. You just need penetration without consent. Contextually, I don't have a problem with calling the digital penetration that.

Megyn Kelly said "your younger sisters" when she was talking to Jessa and Jill. Thus eliminating Jana.

And you'll notice when she was talking to JB and J'chelle, she said she wouldn't use the age bc it would be easy to figure out who she meant but they said "but single digit" age. Megyn makes a big deal out of how the media identified the victims and then does it herself. Typical.

I believe some people refer to digital penetration as rape, because certain states view it as such. It's viewed as rape in Canada. You don't need penis in vagina to be raped. You just need penetration without consent. Contextually, I don't have a problem with calling the digital penetration that.

I'm just pointing out that is wasn't what most people were calling him or assumed happened. I can see how his families would be drawn to that extreme a term. Especially if the girls wanted to make sure others knew that is not what happened to them. But they refused to acknowledge how it was actually seen by the public. Which means they won't be learning a thing...I guess that's the difference between learning and training. Lol. Adapting in a new situation vs walking off a cliff because the spiritual head didn't tell you to turn left. Lol.

Regarding the 'babysitter' who was also assaulted - I am thinking they used the term 'babysitter' so the public would automatically develop connotations of Josh's other victim being an older girl closer to his own age, i.e. what we think of as a babysitter (Age 16?). But we all know how the Duggars themselves go babysitting and bring a younger sibling along, not to mention they've proven themselves to be liars at this point... who knows.

Archived