IGNORED

Duggar Fox News Interviews - Mild, Inappropriate Lying

happy atheist

The fifth victim wasn't interviewed. The police called asking for her to be brought in, but her father said it was up to her (it's redacted, but it looks like he's saying it's her choice because she's an adult), that everything was good between the families, the problem had been dealt with, and that they shouldn't make a bigger deal out of it than it was.

Edit: I stand corrected, it looks like she WAS interviewed despite the father's misgivings - see my post below.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below is the brief summary I made back on page 30 something of the first thread to discuss the molestation allegations last month. Hopefully this helps clear up any questions.

Please be aware that I have added notes that are bolded below some of the interview summaries. I did this to help clear up any questions about who is who. I did identify the interviews belonging to Jill and Jessa, but only because they came forward as victims - therefore, I feel comfortable identifying them here.

I'm willing to do a more in-depth rundown of the report later if needed. For now though, here are some of the important points:

- The accused (Josh) confessed.

- There are five alleged victims, all of whom gave statements to the Police that are included in the report. In the beginning pages it states the personal information about each victim (most blurred out) - four of the five victims appear to live in the same location as the accused.

- Because of the above information, and the blatant stating that four of the victims are children of Michelle and James Duggar, we can be certain that Josh allegedly assaulted some of his siblings.

- The report stems from a second investigation into the matter by Springdale Police. The first investigation was conducted by an Officer that JimBob knew from his days as a car salesman and who he had speak with Josh about what had happened. The second investigation appears to have been conducted 3 or so years later, when Josh was around 17 years of age.

- The investigation was sparked when a letter concerning it was discovered in a book that had been borrowed from the Duggars to a member of their Church (or loaned by the Church to someone outside it). At the time the letter was discovered and turned in, the Duggars were set to appear on Oprah's show - the network received an email concerning the letter and informed the Department of Human Services.

- The statements included are from the victims, a person who may be John-David, Michelle, and JimBob.

Victim 1: Awoke in the night while sleeping on a couch or chair when they felt someone removing the blanket from them. No one else was in the room and clothes were on. What happened is not clear, but something bad was done (possible touching of the breasts). The person responsible later apologized to the victims and was sent away for a while to Little Rock. When he returned, he seemed more "tame" than before. Boys and Girls more separated after this and parents more aware of what is going on. Also stated that they were told by JimBob that the accused also touched a non-sibling female on the breasts while they were babysitting and had fallen asleep on the couch. The victim did not witness this happen, but the accused later confessed to doing so. Also states that in 2003 the accused confessed his crimes to the Church Elders. This was most likely the interview with Jill Dillard.

Victim 2: States that a "long time ago" they had been touched inappropriately because the accused was struggling with morals. They informed their parents and the accused was sent away for three months. The accused asked for forgiveness, returned home, and turned back to God. States that the accused had pulled up their shirt to scratch the skin on their back and possibly touched the victim's chest. States nothing further occurred since the accused returned home. Most likely the interview with Jessa Seewald.

Victim 3: States they were inappropriately touched while someone was reading a book to the kids. One person was on the arm of the chair and the other was on the couch. Person reading the book dropped it and ran out of the room. Upon further questioning, the victim stated that the accused lifted their dress and pulled the pants they were wearing beneath the dress down. The accused touched their privates and it felt weird. Victim pointed to the buttocks on the drawing and said it happened on the outside. States that no one else saw it happen and their mother was informed. It appears the accused was sent to Little Rock the next day and that someone went to police and told them what happened.

Victim 4: Upon asking if the victim knew why they were there, the victim immediately began to cry. Something had happened about four years earlier and they couldn't remember a lot of it. Victim was doing laundry and the accused appears to have put their hand up her dress, but the victim doesn't recall what happened. Victim later heard that the accused had also touched someone else on the breast while they were asleep. Indicated two more possible victims, that nothing else has happened since, and the accused asked for forgiveness. Victim also states that they are having trouble trusting someone, but that they do feel safe at home.

Statement from Unidentified Duggar Child: Child unclear about what was going on. Knew parents had talked with the accused. Indicates accused did something to two people, but doesn't appear certain about circumstances. States that they were out with their parents, grandparents, and some of the kids when father received a call from someone at the house. They were asked to come home because of something that had happened. Indicated they returned home because the accused needed forgiveness. Child unsure what happened, but that the accused may have touched another child while that child was sitting on his lap. Indicates that accused was sent away for a few months (starting in July) and due to this incident something was called off. States their father took accused to speak with a State Trooper and the situation has brought the family closer to God. Indicates there is one person that makes them uncomfortable because they placed a hand on their hip in the past, but doesn't seem to have been assaulted. (This is the older child who indicates they were close to earning their GED at the time the interview was conducted. We know that Jana was not assaulted, so we can be fairly certain this was her interview.

Statement from Unidentified Duggar Child 2: Indicates that accused touched one or more people. Found out when parents told them during a family meeting. Indicates there were two family meetings a year apart - the first was concerning one incident and the second was because the accused did it again. Accused was sent to Little Rock after the second meeting. States that the Church Elders were informed. When asked for the names of the Elders, the child didn't want to say and indicated they should speak with JimBob. This is the older child who indicated an interest in cars - most likely JD.

(Note: while you are able to deduce which person is which in the reports, I have chosen not to include some of that information in my summary)

Statement from Unidentified Duggar Child 3: States that they like hugs and kisses from their parents. Does not like high-fives. Child indicates certain areas are ok to touch (like the arm), but others are not (like the peepee holder). Child indicates touching on the bottom is ok sometimes. Officer asks when its ok. Child indicates when you are being spanked. Child states they have a rod used for spanking. Officer asks about bruising and child says there are no bruises left. Child did not witness any inappropriate touching and was not asked about it by their parents.

(Possible) Victim 5: States that the accused had apologized for an incident four years earlier. States that it occurred one night when they slept on the Duggar's couch. Everyone was home at the time and it appears everyone was in their rooms. States they don't really remember much. Indicates that either the accused touched their breasts or they were told the accused touched someone else's breasts. Either way, someone had not been around the Duggars' house much ever since. Indicates that the accusations were brought to light due to a letter someone had written concerning them. Also states that the accused called someone from Little Rock to apologize.

That is as much as I can handle at the moment. I didn't summarize everything, just what I thought the most important information was. Please feel free to add or correct me if I'm mistaken.

And now I'm off to bleach my brain and eyes. . . again. . .

Okay, I guess I mashed Jana's statement in with John David's. All those black lines got pretty confusing. Thank you.

I don't blame Jill for passing on the screwed up messages. I mean, she was 10-12 when her family started believing that crap, and those messages were the only coping mechanisms her parents and the other authority figures in her life really gave her. It's not like she went to a licensed therapist who really helped her understand how these things happen and that it wasn't anyone's fault but Josh's. And, if it's true that a lot of families they know had similar problems with their sons, I can see why she'd believe that it's just something boys have a with.

I also don't think that this is one of those things that Derick is going to be correcting her on right now. I mean, he's not really well equipped for dealing with it on his own, and getting her professional help is going to take more time than he's had with her. I mean, his first obstacle will be even convincing her to go get help. He might just see it as easier to appease her for now.

And keep in mind that Jill is still young, and that Izzy is still a baby. He doesn't even have a personality yet. It's entirely possible that Izzy will be inherently respectful of others and Jill won't have to enforce "safeguards". (How many developmental psychology studies have examined empathy in babies? A LOT, and most conclude that, if a baby notices that someone is sad, they want to make them happy -- or will cry with them.) And I think it was Jackson who looked out for his younger sisters, right?

Jill doesn't need shaming for her parenting (especially her hypothetical future parenting) so much as she needs actual peer-reviewed information.

Oh, so the fifth victim WAS interviewed? I guess I stand corrected. I guess I just figured her father had talked her out of it. Interesting. Well, from the interview it doesn't sound like she/her family are the ones in possession of the letter now, which is disturbing if someone is actually trying to sell it.

Huckabee was on Megan Kelly last night.

He said (paraphrasing) that the Duggars did what they were supposed to and did more than many parents would. He said they took him therapy, took him to confess to the church elders and took him to the police.

He also said the release of records was illegal because he was a minor. when Megan pushed back and said he was an adult when this interview happened and that appears to make it legal to release, Huckabee responded that she was a lawyer and she knew that he was an UNAdjudicated minor when it happened.

And she said but he confessed.

And Huckabee suddenly released his argument had holes and said "But he didn't confess in front of a judge."

SO HERE IS THE NEWEST SPIN.

They realise the records release was legal because he was an adult but now they are going to say it was government fault it didn't make it through the proper court channels for him to properly confess to Caesar's standards.

Huckabee has got to be one of the stupidest men in America. I guess kudos to him for staying loyal to his (demented) friends, but if he ever had a chance in hell of winning the Republican nomination (which he didn't, but still), he blew it completely. He should've washed his hands of the Duggars like Santorum did, or at least just kept his freaking mouth shut. Now he's on record several times over defending a child molester and the parents who refused to get him and his victims timely help. He basically handed his enemies the key to his own destruction.

Maybe in this situation that could be the case, but they substitute "whenever" for "when" all the time. "Whenever Derick proposed to Jill..." "Whenever I saw Jason after he had fallen..." "Whenever Josie was having her seizure..." It's always "whenever" and never "when."

Those all are the same thing I said. It means whenever it was that Derrick proposed. It is a past tense generic timeframe. I can see it is annoying to those who don't hear it every day but it makes sense and is grammatically correct.

I hear, especially among the elderly, "when ever are we going to go to the store."

When is for specifically known times and wherever is for generic unknown specific times.

snipped for brevity

It's a shame that those young ladies' husbands did not intercede.

I would really like to know how Derick and Ben feel about all this. I get they would remain silent if that is respecting their wives' wishes, they are under no obligation to publicly say what they think, they really aren't. And given the interviews were an obvious attempt to keep the show going, they certainly wouldn't want to jeopardize that if for no other reason, not risk their wives and father in law's ire.

Still I gotta wonder what is going through their heads. I highly doubt either got the full story on what happened to their wives just as Anna didn't get the full story on Josh's "sin". Look at how many times the phrase "it was taken care of" was used in the JB/J'chelle interview. It was done, over with in their minds. God had forgiven, the girls had forgiven, move along, nothing to see here.

Somehow, I suspect this disclosure was a bombshell for both of them. Not necessarly because of purity fixation but simply that something like this had happened to their wives. That would be shocker for many husbands to learn. And this is not taking into account any panic coming from the loss of the TLC gravy train.

Huckabee has got to be one of the stupidest men in America. I guess kudos to him for staying loyal to his (demented) friends, but if he ever had a chance in hell of winning the Republican nomination (which he didn't, but still), he blew it completely. He should've washed his hands of the Duggars like Santorum did, or at least just kept his freaking mouth shut. Now he's on record several times over defending a child molester and the parents who refused to get him and his victims timely help. He basically handed his enemies the key to his own destruction.

I CAN'T stand the man. He is an idiot not only because of his backing of these Idiot Duggars but because the man IS genuinely Lacking in mental faculties.

I had a feeling Megyn was trying to help him out of a jam and he just wedged himself in more. She quickly changed over to the birth of his new grandchild, showed pics, and then ended the interview.

Look at the cute grandbaby and pay no attention to what he just said.

Oh, so the fifth victim WAS interviewed? I guess I stand corrected. I guess I just figured her father had talked her out of it. Interesting. Well, from the interview it doesn't sound like she/her family are the ones in possession of the letter now, which is disturbing if someone is actually trying to sell it.

Yeah, I believe the fifth victim was interviewed. It was really confusing attempting to figure out what they were all trying to say at times. I'm guessing it was a combination of being interviewed several years after the assaults happened and possibly because they had been instructed to mislead/downplay things as much as possible. I think that interview was from the other victim, but I could be wrong.

ETA: Forgot to add, the interview I attributed to the fifth victim is on page 31 of the police report released by In Touch Magazine last month. I think it's clear that the person interview is not a member of the Duggar family, but I can't be sure if it's actually the fifth victim or not. I believe it is the fifth victim's statement though.

Yeah, I believe the fifth victim was interviewed. It was really confusing attempting to figure out what they were all trying to say at times. I'm guessing it was a combination of being interviewed several years after the assaults happened and possibly because they had been instructed to mislead/downplay things as much as possible. I think that interview was from the other victim, but I could be wrong.

No, I'm pretty sure you're right. I went back and read the report again, and I don't see how that interview could've been anyone but the fifth victim.

Well maybe he had nothing to lose. He already lost followers.

Below is the brief summary I made back on page 30 something of the first thread to discuss the molestation allegations last month. Hopefully this helps clear up any questions.

Please be aware that I have added notes that are bolded below some of the interview summaries. I did this to help clear up any questions about who is who. I did identify the interviews belonging to Jill and Jessa, but only because they came forward as victims - therefore, I feel comfortable identifying them here.

And now I'm off to bleach my brain and eyes. . . again. . .

Holy shit, I missed that on the original report. So there was three incidents where a girl was awake when he did it.

So the fucking Robertsons are getting on the media train. Jed whatever his name is said he was molested by a woman. He understands what Josh is going through. wtf.

He encouraged the Duggar family to rely on their faith to get through this tough time. The show much be down ratings.

Holy shit, I missed that on the original report. So there was three incidents where a girl was awake when he did it.

Yes. It appears that the only victim who was unaware of what had happened was the fifth victim. Jessa's statement at the time made it clear she was awake when it happened - Jill's statement indicates that she woke up at least for a short period of time.

I could be wrong about which girl gave which statement, but I feel confident enough that I got it right (the second victim statement just sounds like Jessa to me for some reason).

I disagree. The police report has to indicate where the offenses happened. So even if they had taken a further step and blocked out the fact that four of the victims lived at home with Josh's parents, everyone would have easily guessed that some of the victims -if not all of the victims - were Josh's sisters given how insular the family is and the fact that it happened over a long period of time. The Duggars would have faced just as much scrutiny and they would had to admit four daughters were the victims. And lets not forget that quite a few people outside of the family knew that Josh had confessed to molesting his sisters.

There was no way around this getting out once the accusations against Josh were confirmed. And the interest in the victims is based on their fame which stems directly from the fact that they are reality show stars because their parents pimped them out as young kids, despite knowing that the molestation facts would be made public if someone in their circle spoke out. And because they never went through the system with their son, the police report was never sealed and remained available as Josh was an adult when it was completed.

Yes, the speculation would exist. But the speculations wouldn't have been proof and we wouldn't know that only Jana was spared. The speculations could have been "were they his sisters, or people from visiting families?" And we wouldn't know for sure that Joy, at 5, and Jinger, at 8, were the ones who had the most done to them.

The redacted reports should have done better at hiding their identities.

I don't know which one is worse: Huckabee or Santorum. At least Huckabee is honest about his support and is loyal, while Santorum comes off as an opportunist (unless of course he really didn't know beforehand and is sincerely shocked and disgusted by Boob and J'Chelles actions).

I read that interview as being John David, not Jana. The whole working on cars thing and all.

No. There was one girl who was interviewed. She was working towards her GED. She said she had not been touched except something about her hips and feeling awkward.

So the fucking Robertsons are getting on the media train. Jed whatever his name is said he was molested by a woman. He understands what Josh is going through. wtf.

He encouraged the Duggar family to rely on their faith to get through this tough time. The show much be down ratings.

Dear Interchangable Robertson son with a ridiculous beard,

No. You don't understand what Josh is going through. You understand what his sisters and the fifth girl are going through. Sorry you're so confused about that.

Sincerely,

The Dinosaur who shall bring about the Rapture

I CAN'T stand the man. He is an idiot not only because of his backing of these Idiot Duggars but because the man IS genuinely Lacking in mental faculties.

I had a feeling Megyn was trying to help him out of a jam and he just wedged himself in more. She quickly changed over to the birth of his new grandchild, showed pics, and then ended the interview.

Look at the cute grandbaby and pay no attention to what he just said.

I want to know if he would be so dismissive of child molestation if someone in his family was the victim. :cry:

Then again, I don't want to know. Some of the leghumpers are sexual abuse survivors who should know better, but they are too busy excusing and minimizing to give a damn about the young women Josh targeted. :angry-banghead:

I am not saying he wasn't genuinely molested but I fear a lot of these "modesty freak" biblethumpers are going to start claiming anytime someone of the opposite sex touched them it was molestation.

:roll:

... It is their own hubris that brought these issues to light. It is the hubris that people are criticizing. They are NOT listening to God. They are listening to their own Ego & Id. I'd say Superego, but I don't think any Duggar has developed one.

Agreed.

I guess he's not that loyal. I guess he had a statement of support for the Duggars on his website that has disappeared in the last three days. :whistle:

I guess he's not that loyal. I guess he had a statement of support for the Duggars on his website that has disappeared in the last three days. :whistle:

Naturally Megyn didn't ask him that even tho it dissappeared last week and was remarked on on various sites.

Archived