IGNORED

Constable Duggar

calimojo

He's very busy flying around MS and going to Silver Dollar City. Where are your priorities, Nic? :lol:

Fail for me. How could I be so silly?? This is a busy guy. Those fundie planes don't fly around by themselves... or do they... what's going on with the spare plane, JD?

But wow, I'm just thinking about JD being the GO TO guy in Tontitown. He's like their Batman...

The Duggars go to Silver Dollar City so much that if I were ever to go, I would expect to see them there like I would expect to see Goofy at Disneyland.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have nothing useful to add, but every time I see this thread, I think of the opening to Mary Poppins. :lol:

JD is leading an interesting life. I wonder if Josh is jealous?

I think that Josh was married off ASAP to get him away from the family and to reduce the possibility of further abuse. Then JB gave him Duggar companies because in a way he knows no one would hire him.

Secondly, JD didn't molest his sisters so he gets to do the fun stuff, because he may actually be able to be trusted?

Whether or not this is true, who knows? In a way, I have always thought that JB doesn't like Josh as much as we think he does. Deep down even Boob knows what Smug did is NOT a mistake...

I think that Josh was married off ASAP to get him away from the family and to reduce the possibility of further abuse. Then JB gave him Duggar companies because in a way he knows no one would hire him.

Secondly, JD didn't molest his sisters so he gets to do the fun stuff, because he may actually be able to be trusted?

Whether or not this is true, who knows? In a way, I have always thought that JB doesn't like Josh as much as we think he does. Deep down even Boob knows what Smug did is NOT a mistake...

My guess is partly that and also unlike pancakes, JB had to show that from kid 1, his way of raising kids is a roaring success. If #1 is so fucked up, what are the odds that say #8 or 13 (I just grabbed numbers) is going to fare any better.

He definitely wanted Joshie out bc he and Joshie would often say LEAVE AND CLEAVE, and discuss the idea of becoming an adult and standing on your own 2 feet. This hasn't been discussed since Joshie moved off to DC. Now we hear the refrains that it's common to have unmarried adults stay home, JB wants to help the young couples-- definitely a different tune now that the threat is gone.

tontitown.com/foia/2014/2014-09-15%20FOIA%20Request%20Bowen/2014-09-15%20FOIA%20Response%20Bowen.pdf

Oh my word, the lack of education is showing it's ugly colors....I was a Police Clerk & the grammar is horrific (run-on-sentence much?). :geek:

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching a tv show called "Justified". For those who do not know it it is a a drama about a US Marshall in Kentucky.

During the episode a "constable" described how he was given 2500 bucks per year and had to supply his own vehicle (in this case a Gremlin). When asked how he could live on 2500 he said he also gets paid 50 each time he serves papers.

Is this an accurate depiction of how these constable jobs work? Is constable Duggar earning 2500 bucks per year?

I was watching a tv show called "Justified". For those who do not know it it is a a drama about a US Marshall in Kentucky.

During the episode a "constable" described how he was given 2500 bucks per year and had to supply his own vehicle (in this case a Gremlin). When asked how he could live on 2500 he said he also gets paid 50 each time he serves papers.

Is this an accurate depiction of how these constable jobs work? Is constable Duggar earning 2500 bucks per year?

Actually the thread "Is JD a real cop" was spearheaded to find out more about JD and his constable duties. Though it varies state to state (or county to county) We discovered:

- JD is not a paid employee

- JD pays for his own specialized training (which is optional), so probably just got on-the-job type

-JD pays for his own uniform and equipment

-it's an elected part time position, 1st time he ran uncontested and then he got re-elected. Don't know if his term is up

-I don't know if he is a process server. No one posted about that so guessing it never came up in the research.

If you want to find out how these conclusions were drawn, scan the thread to find links etc.:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25347

Some speculated that he got into it to help his towing business, but that appears done-zo.

I remember seeing on the Tontitown city website they were advertising for PT cops and the pay was under $10 per hour. I'm doubting that FT makes much more, so I don't envision JD wanting to do it FT. He once ran for alderman and loss, so this is probably the next way into city govt. Someday he'll be the mayor I betcha.

So pretty much the same only worse since there is no pay. At least he doesn't drive a Gremlin.

It is very weird that they can get people to work for free like this. How can anyone expect law and order in such a situation!?

So pretty much the same only worse since there is no pay. At least he doesn't drive a Gremlin.

It is very weird that they can get people to work for free like this. How can anyone expect law and order in such a situation!?

Well, it's not like they are drafting them, so they will at least get people that want to do it, however, it can also lead to very unsuitable people. There's an article posted up this thread where this retired guy who donated a bunch of money or cars to a police department--got to become a reserve officer or some such. He ended up confusing a gun for a taser and killed a guy.

Another potential problem, since it's elected there's no psychological testing, fitness testing etc etc.

The argument for it is, in areas where they can't afford cops, this is a free person out there. They save thousands of dollars with a JD around. This could be thousands that they don't have or maybe it means they can hire a teacher. In rural communities that don't have the big budgets, constables can play a significant role. You just hope someone voted is qualified and not Barney Fife.

And think of the episode where JD teaches JB how to use a radar... let's say that's one of his normal duties... now he's even generating revenue.

So basically it's a trade-off.

Article about Tulsa reserve cop who accidentally killed a guy:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... r-a-taser/

I feel sort of sorry for JD because he was saddled with a "creeper" look, but at least he does seem to be allowed some outside interest which means potentially outside influence. JD has often been under the radar with FJ but wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be the real "savior" of the family? I mean, what if, in his quiet unobtrusive way, he has started to question the whole family business, and is the first to sort of live his own life? He might quietly influence Joseph to do the same, and I think the middle boys likely do admire Joseph. He seems less "goofy" than JD, and seems to be a favorite of Jinger's which might indicate he has a kind heart, or is a lot of fun when the cameras are not on him. I am not trying to ascribe any great insightful ways to JD, but just small things, like perhaps getting his own place to live. Having a few friends or acquaintances outside of the cult, that he met while constable, or met as a result of his flight training. I could see JD having a TV, and watching some sports, or even something like Duck Dynasty, which isn't enlightened at all, but it is still a small step away from a different kind of crazy. Or things like Ice Road Truckers or Deadliest Catch. Those are shows that I could see JD watching and maybe in some small way, they would introduce him to a few different ideas.

IF JD is no longer a Constable, then my hopes are decreased because I think that JimBob likely pulled him away from that due to the possibility of outside influence. And now he has him pretty busy flying all around the region, so JD seems to be fully back under JB's thumb again.

If JD is a decent pilot, wouldn't it be cool if he actually got a job offer to fly for another company? I realize that a private pilot is not the same as professional, but I keep thinking that in some remote areas, he could find employment flying small planes to deliver some goods. Places like Alaska rely on small planes to deliver items, or fly people to some of the remote outposts. I would think parts of Canada would be the same way. The best thing for JD would be for him to make a connection like that and have a chance to work for someone other than his father.

As a personality, I imagine JD would always follow very specific gender roles, and I think he probably wouldn't feel comfortable working directly for a woman. Religion or not, he seems like a "Woman's place is in the home" and a "Woman's work/Man's Work" kind of guy.

I have never gotten the impression that JD is extremely religious. Yes he spouts off the family line about Jesus, etc, but it just feels like he is saying what is expected, rather than what he feels. He might be religious just simply because he knows nothing else, but that doesn't mean that it is meaningful to him.

I would also like to know more about Joseph. He got to go to college. Why Him? How did he get that to happen? Is he intellectual? Why not Josiah? Knowing what we know of Duggar parenting, was there a reason they wanted Joseph out of the house? He did one or more trips to Alert, he was sent to college. Was he being problematic for JimBob and M?

I feel sort of sorry for JD because he was saddled with a "creeper" look, but at least he does seem to be allowed some outside interest which means potentially outside influence. JD has often been under the radar with FJ but wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be the real "savior" of the family? I mean, what if, in his quiet unobtrusive way, he has started to question the whole family business, and is the first to sort of live his own life? He might quietly influence Joseph to do the same, and I think the middle boys likely do admire Joseph. He seems less "goofy" than JD, and seems to be a favorite of Jinger's which might indicate he has a kind heart, or is a lot of fun when the cameras are not on him. I am not trying to ascribe any great insightful ways to JD, but just small things, like perhaps getting his own place to live. Having a few friends or acquaintances outside of the cult, that he met while constable, or met as a result of his flight training. I could see JD having a TV, and watching some sports, or even something like Duck Dynasty, which isn't enlightened at all, but it is still a small step away from a different kind of crazy. Or things like Ice Road Truckers or Deadliest Catch. Those are shows that I could see JD watching and maybe in some small way, they would introduce him to a few different ideas.

IF JD is no longer a Constable, then my hopes are decreased because I think that JimBob likely pulled him away from that due to the possibility of outside influence. And now he has him pretty busy flying all around the region, so JD seems to be fully back under JB's thumb again.

If JD is a decent pilot, wouldn't it be cool if he actually got a job offer to fly for another company? I realize that a private pilot is not the same as professional, but I keep thinking that in some remote areas, he could find employment flying small planes to deliver some goods. Places like Alaska rely on small planes to deliver items, or fly people to some of the remote outposts. I would think parts of Canada would be the same way. The best thing for JD would be for him to make a connection like that and have a chance to work for someone other than his father.

As a personality, I imagine JD would always follow very specific gender roles, and I think he probably wouldn't feel comfortable working directly for a woman. Religion or not, he seems like a "Woman's place is in the home" and a "Woman's work/Man's Work" kind of guy.

I have never gotten the impression that JD is extremely religious. Yes he spouts off the family line about Jesus, etc, but it just feels like he is saying what is expected, rather than what he feels. He might be religious just simply because he knows nothing else, but that doesn't mean that it is meaningful to him.

I would also like to know more about Joseph. He got to go to college. Why Him? How did he get that to happen? Is he intellectual? Why not Josiah? Knowing what we know of Duggar parenting, was there a reason they wanted Joseph out of the house? He did one or more trips to Alert, he was sent to college. Was he being problematic for JimBob and M?

I think I will save my how fundie is JD really when he eventually marries. If she is a pants wearer that has a job, then I'll be impressed and/or have hope. Even if she quits her job when she has kids, but keeps wearing pants. I'll have hope. Or if they send the kid to a school.

He could be meh on the whole fundie thing, but if he marries another fundie, I think he'll go along with whatever she does.

I don't see JD going off somewhere. He's pretty involved in city politics (I remember reading minutes of a meeting and they needed something and someone asked how about John Duggar, and the reply was he said he's too busy. I'm hoping this indicates that he's respected around town.) JD seems fairly sociable, so I'm not sure how happy he'd be flying supplies to remote areas haha.

Joseph is the one that they say gets up everyday at 5am to study the Bible. Who knows maybe he pushed for clown college. Maybe Josiah didn't. It looks like that college has a strong religious curriculum, that Josiah may not be into, and I doubt Josiah has the choice of going elsewhere. Maybe JB sees that Josiah has some spunk so doesn't need bible college bc JB can teach him all about business.

I wonder what the Jer/Jed combo will do too. Get work-study in film from Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort?

Well, it's not like they are drafting them, so they will at least get people that want to do it, however, it can also lead to very unsuitable people. There's an article posted up this thread where this retired guy who donated a bunch of money or cars to a police department--got to become a reserve officer or some such. He ended up confusing a gun for a taser and killed a guy.

Another potential problem, since it's elected there's no psychological testing, fitness testing etc etc.

The argument for it is, in areas where they can't afford cops, this is a free person out there. They save thousands of dollars with a JD around. This could be thousands that they don't have or maybe it means they can hire a teacher. In rural communities that don't have the big budgets, constables can play a significant role. You just hope someone voted is qualified and not Barney Fife.

And think of the episode where JD teaches JB how to use a radar... let's say that's one of his normal duties... now he's even generating revenue.

So basically it's a trade-off.

Article about Tulsa reserve cop who accidentally killed a guy:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... r-a-taser/

I would think that in addition to unqualified people, that it would attract people who want the position to assist them in their illegal activities--or maybe I watch too much TV.

So if it is an elected position and he doesn't get paid does that mean he can work however many hours he feels like? Maybe the city council wanted him to do a constable thing but he was too busy with his other activities and not doing the constable job that week. Maybe he didn't run for reelection because the job was completely thankless and a bit of a pain in the ass.

So if it is an elected position and he doesn't get paid does that mean he can work however many hours he feels like? Maybe the city council wanted him to do a constable thing but he was too busy with his other activities and not doing the constable job that week. Maybe he didn't run for reelection because the job was completely thankless and a bit of a pain in the ass.

Mystery what the city council wanted him for so could be that. Could by anything. Somebody was retiring unsure if that was related. I was really disappointed with the vagueness of the recording secretary.

My guess would be that they have some established guidelines for working hours and/or it's negotiated when person comes into office. He has been re-elected once.

He's still listed as constable (maybe some of the Tontitownians on here know) as of 2014. Wouldn't surprise me either way. I honestly think he just wanted in local politics, and this happen to be opened at the time. I'm sure he enjoys law enforcement, maybe not on the day he discovered the dead body (but then again who knows)

UPDATE:

JD is still constable.

I looked at election results for Washington Co. This is from 2014 general election.

With a whopping 76% of the precinct, JD (Rep) was re-elected over his opponent (Lib)

JD received 10,181 and his opponent received-- wow this post is starting to look like the start of a math word problem, but I digress-- 3,184 of the popular vote.

Source:

co.washington.ar.us/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=7492

UPDATE:

JD is still constable.

I looked at election results for Washington Co. This is from 2014 general election.

With a whopping 76% of the precinct, JD (Rep) was re-elected over his opponent (Lib)

JD received 10,181 and his opponent received-- wow this post is starting to look like the start of a math word problem, but I digress-- 3,184 of the popular vote.

Source:

co.washington.ar.us/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=7492

Ok so this could be:

a) There are 10,181 fundies in Arkansas?

b) JD is a likable bloke?

c) He actually does a good *gasp* job?

Ok so this could be:

a) There are 10,181 fundies in Arkansas?

b) JD is a likable bloke?

c) He actually does a good *gasp* job?

Or it could be

a) incumbents generally win in America (it's pretty difficult to unseat one)

b) name recognition

c) he's not doing a noticeably bad job-- the average person can't really judge his job performance unless something really big happens, or the police start really bitching about that constable. This is not to say he's not doing a good job, it's just one of those things people wouldn't really know about.

d) he probably is likable... I think of all the people on this site that l-o-v-e him so I can imagine he could be a regular Channing Tatum walking around Tontitown

Or it could be

b) name recognition

c) he's not doing a noticeably bad job-- the average person can't really judge his job performance unless something really big happens, or the police start really bitching about that constable. This is not to say he's not doing a good job, it's just one of those things people wouldn't really know about.

d) he probably is likable... I think of all the people on this site that l-o-v-e him so I can imagine he could be a regular Channing Tatum walking around Tontitown

The answer is that Arkansas votes for anyone with an R after their name.

Or it could be

b) name recognition

I chuckled. I don't love JD as much as my posts in the plane thread suggest, but he has grown on me this year (omg every time I reread that Channing Tatum line I lmao all over again). I'll be James Carville to his Mary Matalin. Sorry buddy, as much as I like you, I can't vote for you. :snooty:

Courtesy of the April city council minutes:

"Also, this month the dept. seized 26 grams of meth. On 2 separate arrest. One was on the news (officer is now a T.V. star) he did a great job, he followed the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) and handled business. Officer was a little sore after fighting with the suspect until backup arrived. The officer fought continuously for 6 mins., 6 mins. is a long time to fight."

I agree 6 minutes is a long time to fight.

JD handled business! :clap:

Though sadly, he was once again outshone. A few lines later in the minutes:

"No.1 thing that happened this month was a family lost their dog Fancy and Fancy the dog was gone for a week and half. The police dept. was able to reunite Fancy with her VERY GREATFUL Family."

Fancy the dog, beats J.D. the Duggar.

"Also, this month the dept. seized 26 grams of meth. On 2 separate arrest. One was on the news (officer is now a T.V. star) he did a great job, he followed the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) and handled business. Officer was a little sore after fighting with the suspect until backup arrived. The officer fought continuously for 6 mins., 6 mins. is a long time to fight."

I agree 6 minutes is a long time to fight.

JD handled business! :clap:

Though sadly, he was once again outshone. A few lines later in the minutes:

"No.1 thing that happened this month was a family lost their dog Fancy and Fancy the dog was gone for a week and half. The police dept. was able to reunite Fancy with her VERY GREATFUL Family."

Fancy the dog, beats J.D. the Duggar.

omg lmao (officer is now a T.V. star)

:laughing-rolling:

Fancy had one chance, and Fancy didn't let us down

Nic, between confirming JD's reelection and finding the city council minutes, your sleuthing is A+. :clap:

Nic, between confirming JD's reelection and finding the city council minutes, your sleuthing is A+. :clap:

How dare you mock his stardom.

I was pretty impressed that I broke that tough code and deciphered they were talking about JD. HAHA! I think they should put that horrible dog down for stealing TV Star JD Duggar's spotlight. He fought a meth head for 6 minutes!! 6 minutes is a long time to fight.

And thank you for the compliment, you are the master sleuth and puzzle solver so that is high praise indeed.

Is it wrong of me to wish JD would clock his father one? He deserves it! :?

Edited due to not habing my comment in the right place.

Not to take credit away from JD (because of all the Duggars he seems like the hardest worker and a generally decent guy) but are we sure the officer mention was actually JD? From reading the transcript above, I took it as an inside joke of sorts that the officer involved was featured on the news, and hence is now a TV star. Not that he was already a star. Anyone else read it that way?

Archived