IGNORED

Constable Duggar

calimojo

I agree, I doubt he did this. Like I said up thread, He likely didn't have that many details about this and if mom and dad said it was handled appropriately, he probably believed them.

My interest is more about what he thinks now. His parents are quick to throw the local law enforcement under the bus and threaten suit. Presumably, JD at least knows some of the local cops from his work in towing and as Constable. I doubt he is brought in on any cases or really considered to be part of the team, but he might have gone to a few meetings or some sort of brief orientation with them. He, more than any of the unmarried kids, has more interaction with the "world", or at least it seems that he does. So he might quietly be able to think more critically about all of this and form some of his own opinions.

BTW, Bill Mahr had a great commentary about the "Persecution of Christians". I laughed all the way through it and he makes great points.

First, I saw that Bill Maher commentary--- It was funny and accurate! I'm so glad he's back.

JB threw the police chief under the bus and the child molester cop. Who knows how JD or the other cops feel about her. Regardless, he could still think his dad is being paranoid. I wonder how critically he does he think. JB is out in the world too and look what a whack job he is. He may not be in the QF movement, but I'm thinking he still shares many of the same beliefs, including Huckabee would be a fabulous president (he's in the pic on Josiah's instagram) I think also JD doesn't have to go out and make new friends for activities etc, bc his family always has something going on or something to do.

I guess I also look at it like JD may be looking at the world more critically, but it's still his dad we are talking about... I mean the guy did buy him an airplane. I also don't see JD as being too deep of a thinker. Who knows I could just be judging his dopey demeanor, maybe there some deep thinking guy under there.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cops in Arkansas very much dislike constables because they have no training and tend to just get in the way. It is not unusual for a wannabe cop who couldn't get hired to run for an available position and try to inject him/herself into investigations, which put can put evidence and casework at severe risk. They would LOVE for the position to be eliminated altogether. Some departments will sponsor an officer or reserve for the position just to tie it up and stop the interference.

I think that if it was John David who leaked the information it had to do with Mackynzie's (sp) being the age of the youngest victim. JD never seemed to really like Josh, and as the next oldest boy, he would have come under the most suspicion with Josh's revelations. He would have felt the watchfulness of the parents like he was going to be a perv like Josh. I think he is an angry guy with just cause. JMO

Cops in Arkansas very much dislike constables because they have no training and tend to just get in the way. It is not unusual for a wannabe cop who couldn't get hired to run for an available position and try to inject him/herself into investigations, which put can put evidence and casework at severe risk. They would LOVE for the position to be eliminated altogether. Some departments will sponsor an officer or reserve for the position just to tie it up and stop the interference.

I couldn't see JD as someone that would get in the way and tamper with things; just someone who maybe hangs around the cops too much and gets in their personal space?

I hate to say it, but I'm just not sure any of this matters much any longer. The Duggars have had their time in the sun, but it really seems that it's all over now, at least to me.

Oh, their time was over a long, long time ago. They just didn't know it.

I saw this pic on the punkduggar instagram page. It's very cute, but check out what JD wrote on his name tag. No, I don't think this was added by the page owner. She loves the Duggars.

It was totally added. Way too small of a name tag, doesn't blend, crease, or have any shadows, etc. It's from an app where you can add "stickers" to photos. If you Google "John David Duggar" and go to images and scroll down a bit, the original, un-altered photo is there and he doesn't have any name tag on.

I just don't see JohnDavid doing this. I never got the feeling he liked being in the spotlight or approved of his parents constant baby announcements but he has never struck me as one to question what he was taught. He would go along with Huckabee as Prez because Huckabees are friends.

He's loyal, he's mellow, he thinks the hype around Gothardism is ridiculous but he still only really has those basic viewpoints, because where would he learn any others?

I hope he continues to inch out of his parents life and into some sort of normalcy.

I just don't see JohnDavid doing this. I never got the feeling he liked being in the spotlight or approved of his parents constant baby announcements but he has never struck me as one to question what he was taught. He would go along with Huckabee as Prez because Huckabees are friends.

He's loyal, he's mellow, he thinks the hype around Gothardism is ridiculous but he still only really has those basic viewpoints, because where would he learn any others?

I hope he continues to inch out of his parents life and into some sort of normalcy.

Not really related to your comment, and lately I find John David to be one of the more likeable Duggars, but let's remember he suggested Jefferson Davis as a baby name for one of Michelle's fetuses.

Not really related to your comment, and lately I find John David to be one of the more likeable Duggars, but let's remember he suggested Jefferson Davis as a baby name for one of Michelle's fetuses.

Oh remember the days when it was just JD saying something boneheaded like that, or Ben always saying something boneheaded, or Derick trying to run over a cat or Jessa and Anna making wacky abortion comparisons... such innocent times they were.

Oh remember the days when it was just JD saying something boneheaded like that, or Ben always saying something boneheaded, or Derick trying to run over a cat or Jessa and Anna making wacky abortion comparisons... such innocent times they were.

*nostalgia* :lol:

Somebody posted clips from the original special and I felt squicky watching them. Things will NEVER be the same, imo. More crazy racist baby name anecdotes: in that special they showed Michelle's ultrasound of Jackson and when they learned he was a boy, Michelle and a few others cried "Judah Benjamin!" :? The narrator said it too. :lol: :lol: :lol: I choose to believe that someone from TLC told them that name wouldn't fly on a national TV show. If that's true, TLC has been influencing family decisions to suit their own agenda since the beginning.

*nostalgia* :lol:

Somebody posted clips from the original special and I felt squicky watching them. Things will NEVER be the same, imo. More crazy racist baby name anecdotes: in that special they showed Michelle's ultrasound of Jackson and when they learned he was a boy, Michelle and a few others cried "Judah Benjamin!" :? The narrator said it too. :lol: :lol: :lol: I choose to believe that someone from TLC told them that name wouldn't fly on a national TV show. If that's true, TLC has been influencing family decisions to suit their own agenda since the beginning.

Yeah, I can't watch them without getting an oogy feeling either. I used to enjoy moments like you mention and say WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM?? Now I know. Ug.

I've always assumed that they got Biblical and/or hillbilly names or "oh that is a pretty name" name, but I wouldn't be surprised if someday it came out that actually no, they were each named after obscure historical reprobates.

They were going to name one of their kids after a Jewish man? I thought they hated anyone who's not Christian. Or is it just LGBTQ, single mothers, blacks, catholics, scientists, .....

They were going to name one of their kids after a Jewish man? I thought they hated anyone who's not Christian. Or is it just LGBTQ, single mothers, blacks, catholics, scientists, .....

Well, they are OT bound, love Israel [and Izzy] and Jill was sporting a Star of David for awhile.

Yes, Judah Benjamin was Jewish, but he was also an important figure in Confederate history.

I am not trying be an apologist over the Jefferson Davis comment, but the south shall rise again is mostly likely the only point of view that the JD has ever been exposed to. Was that when Jackson was born, I thought that other name option was Judah Benjamin. A Jewish Confederate.

I am not trying be an apologist over the Jefferson Davis comment, but the south shall rise again is mostly likely the only point of view that the JD has ever been exposed to. Was that when Jackson was born, I thought that other name option was Judah Benjamin. A Jewish Confederate.

Why does the south always try to get a pass on the whole the south shall rise again? Suck it up, South. Germans can't get away with that and name a kid kid Joseph Goebbels.

Why does the south always try to get a pass on the whole the south shall rise again? Suck it up, South. Germans can't get away with that and name a kid kid Joseph Goebbels.

I've always thought that the Confederacy fetish that many mouth breathers have is moronic.

I found a FOIA request from when JD was involved in responding to a stabbing

tontitown.com/foia/2014/2014-09-15%20FOIA%20Request%20Bowen/2014-09-15%20FOIA%20Response%20Bowen.pdf

Scroll to near the end and JD statement is on there

It shows that he does a little police-y kinda stuff.

I found a FOIA request from when JD was involved in responding to a stabbing

tontitown.com/foia/2014/2014-09-15%20FOIA%20Request%20Bowen/2014-09-15%20FOIA%20Response%20Bowen.pdf

Scroll to near the end and JD statement is on there

It shows that he does a little police-y kinda stuff.

Hmm. That's a capital case, with the trial set for November. How can he fly all over creation and still do the constable job? Will he have to testify in this trial? He was the officer who found the body.

Can he resign from that position midterm?

The Duggars are not the best in terms of sticking with a task to completion.

They are dabblers.

I also kind of like JD, I think he seems to be a very thoughtful guy. Although there is no doubt in my mind that he is deeply religious, but I can't really say that he has bought into the quiverful lifestyle, like JB and Michelle have. To be quite honest, now that Josh knows first hand what the quiverful lifestyle entails, I don't think he is that gung-ho about it either. But back to JD.. I see JD on the same level as Derick. I think JD would actually be an ok husband and I don't see JD on the power trip his father is on and having to have a ton of kids to prove his superiority. I think if his wife does not want a shit ton of kids, JD would more than okay with that. Which could be the reason why JD hasn't married yet. JD has to have (or had) massive amounts of fundie chicks throwing themselves at his feet and thus far JD has escaped the fate of his father, which could very well mean that he doesn't want to be like his father at all.

I think JD is just a simple guy that likes to work, even when JD and Josh had the used car business, Josh was the walkie-talkie indoor salesman and JD was out working in the car lot or running the towing business. He has no desire to be in the spotlight, JD just wants to do what he likes to do.. work hard and go home and relax. So I too see JD as a breaking Duggar possibility, but I think he will break Duggar in a subtle way. JD will just work hard, maintain his own home, he might even stay a bachelor. But one thing is for sure, he is not cut from the same cloth as JB and Josh are.

"Breaking Duggar"--from your text to TLC's ears. Or maybe some other channel.

According to this, it's a two-year term. JD was sworn in in January 2013, so he's done, unless he was reelected (I haven't checked). Where's our friendly neighborhood prosecutor, to guess how likely it is that he would need to testify in this trial?

ETA he's still listed as a constable here: http://www.arconstableassociation.com/washington/ No idea how current that is.

According to this, it's a two-year term. JD was sworn in in January 2013, so he's done, unless he was reelected (I haven't checked). Where's our friendly neighborhood prosecutor, to guess how likely it is that he would need to testify in this trial?

ETA he's still listed as a constable here: http://www.arconstableassociation.com/washington/ No idea how current that is.

JD is leading an interesting life. I wonder if Josh is jealous?

I couldn't find any 2015 JD constable info. I know he was re-elected once. One thing I found from 2014 was minutes from a city council meeting. They wanted him to accept an nomination as something (I couldn't tell if he had to do with an officer leaving) but the minutes stated he was too busy. This fascinates me bc I think what does this guy do all day every day?

www.tontitown.com/minutes/Legislative%2 ... inutes.pdf

I couldn't find any 2015 JD constable info. I know he was re-elected once. One thing I found from 2014 was minutes from a city council meeting. They wanted him to accept an nomination as something (I couldn't tell if he had to do with an officer leaving) but the minutes stated he was too busy. This fascinates me bc I think what does this guy do all day every day?

http://www.tontitown.com/minutes/Legisl ... inutes.pdf

He's very busy flying around MS and going to Silver Dollar City. Where are your priorities, Nic? :lol:

Archived