IGNORED

The menstrual meat squatter

Grimalkin

Eh, I get your point but regarding the peeing thing, you could technically poop on your lawn to deter kids from stepping on it. My point? There are more efficient deterrents, and they sure as hell are more humane than scaring the crap out of gopher babies.

Source: vegan gardener

You do realize that peeing on things is how animals, including gofers themselves, have been marking their territory long before humans ever came along right? Nothing inhuman about it, its what animals are used to and perfectly capable of dealing with.

Source: mother nature

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back away slowly from the thread ...

Once you've seen it, it can never be unseen.

But if you're determined: The lady is a psychotic fairy princess who wafts through life pissing on everything, scraping dead animals off the side of the road to soak them in random solutions, hangs bones off her family's trees, smears her menstrual blood on everything she comes into contact with (including food), smears her husband's semen on everything (including road kill) and sneaks psychoactive crap into food she gives her mail carrier (although this last one was allegedly an accident).

HOLY F-IN MUDFLAPS! I know you must be telling the truth, no one could make this up! :cray-cray: :evil-eye:

Eh, I get your point but regarding the peeing thing, you could technically poop on your lawn to deter kids from stepping on it. My point? There are more efficient deterrents, and they sure as hell are more humane than scaring the crap out of gopher babies.

When you say there are more efficient deterrents, are you talking about more efficient than peeing into gopher holes or more efficient than pooping on the lawn? If it's the first, I'm interested to hear about them. As I said, my area has big trouble with gophers (well actually with ground squirrels) and while it's "merely annoying" to people and their home gardens, it's rather a big deal to the commercial alfalfa growers in the area. Personally I would give a lot for them to have a better solution than shooting or poisoning the ground squirrels, so I'm interested to hear what solutions are more efficient (and also presumably more ecologically acceptable -- if you are a vegan gardener then I presume that a healthy ecology is a priority to you).

Please don't poison your small pests! Owls and cats die from eating poisoned food. :(

My cats and I moved in with my now husband and everything was great. However, when we built a house and all moved into it, my very social cat decided it was time to take over as the alpha male and began marking his territory all over the house. This went on for several months.

The vet suggested that my husband take the cat into the shower stall and pee on him. After we had tried everything else and the cat was still acting out, my husband finally tried it. It worked like a charm. No more spraying/peeing on everything.

We never told anyone about this because it's pretty weird. But it worked!

You do realize that peeing on things is how animals, including gofers themselves, have been marking their territory long before humans ever came along right? Nothing inhuman about it, its what animals are used to and perfectly capable of dealing with.

Source: mother nature

Peeing . . . into gopher holes . . .

You know that marking your territory with urine is only effective if you are male, yes?

Source: biology.

My cats and I moved in with my now husband and everything was great. However, when we built a house and all moved into it, my very social cat decided it was time to take over as the alpha male and began marking his territory all over the house. This went on for several months.

The vet suggested that my husband take the cat into the shower stall and pee on him. After we had tried everything else and the cat was still acting out, my husband finally tried it. It worked like a charm. No more spraying/peeing on everything.

:lol:

I can't stop laughing thinking about this scenario. Your poor cat getting pissed on and your poor husband trapped in a shower with his junk out and a pissed off cat!

And it actually worked! It's just so bizarre!

Oh, ew, lol.

We're about >thisclose< to investing in some male pheromones (boar mate something or other) because we have a sexually aggressive (neutered!) male cat who is constantly assaulting my little (spayed!) female cat, who has no hope of escaping and is borderline traumatized every time he so much as looks at her. He also regularly assaults his littermate brother, who sometimes tolerates the horny jerk and sometimes doesn't, which then ends in hissing, growling, batting and various other fighting sorts of things. His brother isn't traumatized, though, and mostly rolls his eyes at his pervy sibling. I am just so. darn. over. it. that I swear I will never ever ever have another male cat ever ever ever again.

You know that marking your territory with urine is only effective if you are male, yes?

Both female and male dogs can urine mark.

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual- ... rking-dogs

Urine-marking takes two forms:

-Spraying urine on vertical surfaces

-Urinating on horizontal surfaces

Spraying is when a cat backs up to a vertical surface with his tail erect and squirts urine. His tail often quivers while he's spraying. Regular urinating is when he squats to pee on the furniture, the floor, things lying on the floor or any other horizontal surface. Both males and females can (and do) spray and squat.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/ca ... itory.html?

Dogs like hierarchy; it's what they understand. They communicate age, gender and status within their packs via the pheromones in urine. Both male and female animals can engage in marking behavior.

http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/D ... arking.php

So-called raised leg urination (RLU) is more common in male wolves than in females, and may serve the purpose of maximizing the possibility of detection by conspecifics, as well as reflect the height of the marking wolf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_wolf#Olfactory

Both males and females urine-mark, but marking is sexually dimorphic: males mark more than females.

http://www.ratbehavior.org/UrineMarking.htm

Both male and female dogs urine mark.

You're right. Letting my like-to-pretend-they-are-wolves terrorize them is MUCH more efficient, since they're just dead and eet, rather than scared.

Source: owner of two siberian huskies. We don't have gophers here, but we also no longer have a squirrel population within the fenced yard.

(Also, any squirrel that is stupid enough to think coming down off the fence into the yard with the SUPER EXCITED huskies is a good idea is clearly going to get eaten by SOMETHING, whether it's my dogs or the neighborhood coyote, bobcats, owls, or hawks.)

I can't stop laughing thinking about this scenario. Your poor cat getting pissed on and your poor husband trapped in a shower with his junk out and a pissed off cat!

:laughing-rolling: thank you for breaking your silence to weigh in on this one. I think my neighbors could hear me howling with laughter.

Our canine companions are a bit mixed up. My male Sheltie isn't at all interested in marking. He pees all at once when we start out. My mom's little female chihuahua/pug mix saves her urine and marks everywhere. She doesn't lift just one leg when she pees. She lifts both rear legs and tries to balance on her front legs as she pees. She gives our neighbors a laugh.

We'd run a hose into one end of the burrow and have a trap on the other end. They either drowned or ran into the trap, whereupon they would be killed. Because they were/are unwanted vermin. Their holes were dangerous to our horses. Their digging can undermine fences and foundations. They are classified as pests and need to be removed and destroyed. They might be "cute" but they're pests.

(snip)

My headship is male. your point is?

Hey guys, you know what I heard gets rid of gophers?

...peanut butter.

Never forget the peanut butter war.

My headship is male. your point is?

Your headship is not male.

Source: my imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the not-naked-because-she's-wearing-socks roast sitter:

Her description on tumblr made me laugh. Shes apparently a pre med dropout. (Seriously "almost nun" and "serpent sex pig/man eating sex sphinx" should never be used in the same description).

For anyone who hasn't read it:

I love the fact that the self-description list, by this woman who wants to be seen as so wild and free is . . .

alphabetical!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the not-naked-because-she's-wearing-socks roast sitter:

I love the fact that the self-description list, by this woman who wants to be seen as so wild and free is . . .

alphabetical!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure entirely, but I think that it was discussed somewhere on this thread that she got the list from someplace else.

It's such a weird list. You get crazy pyschobabble about sex pigs and metal monkeys and then... pre-med dropout. Like, WTF is a pyschopomp? A haruspetrix? The mind boggles.

Psychopomp is from Greek mythology, a spirit who accompanied the dead into the underworld. Haruspex is a Roman religious figure who reads fortunes in animal entrails.

So this sub- topic of peeing as a deterrent beautifully illustrates the 3 basic truths of Free Jinger, for me:

1) I truly can learn something new, and often useful, here every day . I will need to find up a way to to bring up peeing around property perimeters for my family who live in high mountain lion areas :) .

2). There is a real life story that multiple people will have on every topic in the world - and I , personally, will know of a story related to 90% of them :? - I had a female cat who peed all over the house when my daughter was pregnant - she seemed to be doing it to protect her -- I have no idea what from. Not only was this a huge PITA, but outr two ( male ) dogs folllowed her lead in everything-- she is a definite alpha cat -- and also started peeing everywhere. No fun.

3) People will disagree on philosophical grounds about absolutely, positively, every single thing on the planet.

So I saw this thread title back when it was started and, for whatever reason, pictured a meat mallet pounding a placenta and therefore stayed away. Saw it again tonight and decided to read. :shock: :o Not sure if I made the right decision and should back away, or if I should read the old threads and her old posts.

So I saw this thread title back when it was started and, for whatever reason, pictured a meat mallet pounding a placenta and therefore stayed away. Saw it again tonight and decided to read. :shock: :o Not sure if I made the right decision and should back away, or if I should read the old threads and her old posts.

Oh by all means, read her old posts if you're not squeamish. She's pretty fucking entertaining. I've honestly never seen anything quite like it in all my years on the internet.

Oh by all means, read her old posts if you're not squeamish. She's pretty fucking entertaining. I've honestly never seen anything quite like it in all my years on the internet.

Its wonderfully snark worthy! I highly recommend it if you have a strong stomach :wink-kitty:

Need some brain bleach to get rid of the visual. That can't possibly be a safe idea - exposed genitals, angry cat with claws, enclosed space.

Needless to say, this whole discussion is making me very happy that I have chosen a pet-free lifestyle.

Are you sure that both testicles were removed from your aggressive kitty?

I ask because a shelter brought in a three legged cat to our clinic because he was becoming aggressive. We luckily knew what clinic did the amputation and neuter. Come to find out he was cryptorchid (retained testicle) and when they amputated the leg they forgot to remove the retained testicle so he was creating testosterone hormone.

We took him to surgery, removed the testicle, harassed the vet who forgot and the cat got better.

BTW the vet who forgot is a really good friend and took the ribbing in stride, he blamed it on his nurse!

In all my years of Veteinary medicine I have never heard of the pee on your cat method. Maybe I'll have to give out that piece of advice and see if it works.

Archived