IGNORED

Fundy girls' wet dream

doggie

Hmmm, I feel like at 40 I'm to old to let my hair grow to terminal length. I also highlight it, I have a really ugly dull dingy dung color otherwise. I might try it anyway. I am still going to highlight it though. My terminal length is probably just below the shoulders anyway.

I'm 42 and I think about this too. And the fundie/earth mother (there are more earth mothers than fundies where I live) aspect concerns me. I would like to live in a place where women can wear their hair and clothes they way they like, and not worry so much about what society expects. I said I look like a mature J'slave, but sometimes I feel like it's closer to Victoria Botkin...

Blegh I think shorter hair suits me better but I can't be assed to go to the salon. I'm that low maintenance. :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had waist-length, buzzed, and every length in between. I'm currently just about shoulder length and need a trim, but trying to grow it out just a tinge longer so I'll still be able to put it all into a quick ponytail.

If my hair goes gray the way my mom's has (various shades of silver), once I'm established in a career, I'm growing it out again. Otherwise I'll stick with shoulder-length to bottom-of-shoulderblades.

I worked with a girl who could braid her hair and it still would drag on the ground. I wish I had a picture. She would make one long braid, make a bun on the back of her head with the braid falling almost to her knees after all that.

Every time I see the title of this thread I think its about Chad Paine.

40 is too old to have long hair? - never!

I've seen women in much later life with hair all the way down their backs.

edited because I sounded grumpy but I'm not really....

Ewww, lol.

At least I'm post-menopausal so I'm done with the sweat factor. But, really, I can't figure out how I'm moving in such a way that the ends get caught there. :shrug:

edited because I sounded grumpy but I'm not really....

I envision myself looking like this lovely lady some day:

grey7.png

Of course, I don't actually look like that. But I like to imagine! (I don't ever plan to cut my hair short. I'm in my 40s, and it's almost to my waist when it's down. Since it's not particularly gray yet, I snub my nose at tradition. Bah!).

• 6 months later...

Damn. I'm not so much impressed with the length, but the thickness of that braid!  I have butt-length thick curly hair and mine is a pain, I can't imagine having her's.

My mother still has long(ish) hair and she's 71. It hasn't thinned out much, it is still mostly chestnut brown (just the few greys around the temples that she swears only arrived when I was born) She likes having hair long enough to pull back in a ponytail when she works in the garden. 

It's also much less maintenance. We travelled with a family friend who had that typical old lady short hair cut, and we had to take her to find salons every couple of weeks so she could have it trimmed and styled properly. No thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Mhmm, to be fair I'm extremely jealous. I've had my hair everywhere from butt length to pixie cut. It's currently collarbone length and I'm anxiously waiting for it to grow back out.

Archived