IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

Hey! Get out of my head!

As soon as I heard about this interview, I immediately thought Megyn would only care if molestation has affected her or someone close to her, and I too immediately thought of her changing stance on maternity leave xD

If Megyn goes all soft on them she might do so at her peril - we are talking child sexual abuse here and a cover up.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
duggarfamily.com/2015/5/next-week

"Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.

-Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar"

Disgusting!

FOX is going to show some of it on Wednesday and then the full special one hour interview on Friday according to People.

http://www.people.com/article/duggars-i ... on-scandal

A ONE HOUR interview???? They are going to have to actually say something meaningful if the interview is that long. Unless they can bs for an hour and not really answer questions.

well this is not going to be a live interview, which means the questions and topics will be vetted by JB and M. Anything that doesn't put them in a flattering light will be edited out.

The only way to get real interview out of them with some actual opportunity to hold them accountable for their actions would be for them to do a live interview, live on TV.

Fox is a joke. I hope that Megyn surprises us all, but I doubt it.

If Megyn goes all soft on them she might do so at her peril - we are talking child sexual abuse here and a cover up.

I don't think so. I think we think most of their viewers would be upset by this, but most of the viewers are only upset by non-Christians who do these things. ALL of the Duggars (including Josh) are 'good Christians' with 'personal relationships with Jesus'. If Jesus is good (and he must be) all's taken care of and this big hoopla is all 'liberal media' trying to defame the good Christians.

Many more people think this way than you can imagine. I grew up in a town with LOTS of engineers (from good schools!) who thought this way.

I feel the same way... can't believe that channel is even listed to record in my dvr's queue.

Kelly didn't pull any punches with her interview of Dick Cheney, but I'm not holding out hope she will do the same with JB/M. I hope she proves me wrong!

Difference is Dick Cheney is not a sympathetic figure to anyone. Even his fans know he is one tough crazy mofo. So no one is going to feel sorry for him. And it's fun to poke the crazy old man. But the Duggars are 2 Christian parents just trying to do right by sticking to their conservative values in this crazy liberal world. The Duggars are experts at making themselves just relatable enough.

I think it says a lot to their agenda that if you think about the already established relationships they have with the morning new shows... on one of the 19KAC episodes the am news reporter even said she had watched their family grow or grow up via all these segments they do... didn't another one of them be a Duggar for a day? Yet they are eschewing THOSE relationships for Fox News. What can Fox give them that others can't? The Duggars can negotiate questioning parameters with anyone.

They are turning this from an admitted child molester and his family who covered it up issue to a red vs blue. The liberal media is out attacking conservative Christian values yet again. Fox is the only news source that can do that. I'm expecting the Duggars to make crazy accusations of what they've had to endure since this has happened. Just whackadoodle stuff and it will go uncheck by Megyn.

The Duggars will say everyone got counseling and everyone was forgiven. They won't question the validity of the counseling, because the Duggars call it Christian counseling so you can't tread there. And even though it was something in their past, the mean ol mainstream journalists dug it up just to bring them down.

This interview will easily be able to turn it around so it's a culture issue. Even if some conservative viewers are horrified by the situation, they see not supporting the forgive and forget as a win in the liberal column. I've said this before, but I think this is gonna be like a jury nullification type situation.

I don't think so. I think we think most of their viewers would be upset by this, but most of the viewers are only upset by non-Christians who do these things. ALL of the Duggars (including Josh) are 'good Christians' with 'personal relationships with Jesus'. If Jesus is good (and he must be) all's taken care of and this big hoopla is all 'liberal media' trying to defame the good Christians.

Many more people think this way than you can imagine. I grew up in a town with LOTS of engineers (from good schools!) who thought this way.

Yep.

It's the beliefs over actions theology. If you are a true believer, all of your actions can be covered by Jesus' death on the cross and by you repenting.

The beliefs outweigh the actions. Jesus forgives all if you are sorry and believe.

Difference is Dick Cheney is not a sympathetic figure to anyone. Even his fans know he is one tough crazy mofo. So no one is going to feel sorry for him. And it's fun to poke the crazy old man. But the Duggars are 2 Christian parents just trying to do right by sticking to their conservative values in this crazy liberal world. The Duggars are experts at making themselves just relatable enough.

I think it says a lot to their agenda that if you think about the already established relationships they have with the morning new shows... on one of the 19KAC episodes the am news reporter even said she had watched their family grow or grow up via all these segments they do... didn't another one of them be a Duggar for a day? Yet they are eschewing THOSE relationships for Fox News. What can Fox give them that others can't? The Duggars can negotiate questioning parameters with anyone.

They are turning this from an admitted child molester and his family who covered it up issue to a red vs blue. The liberal media is out attacking conservative Christian values yet again. Fox is the only news source that can do that. I'm expecting the Duggars to make crazy accusations of what they've had to endure since this has happened. Just whackadoodle stuff and it will go uncheck by Megyn.

The Duggars will say everyone got counseling and everyone was forgiven. They won't question the validity of the counseling, because the Duggars call it Christian counseling so you can't tread there. And even though it was something in their past, the mean ol mainstream journalists dug it up just to bring them down.

This interview will easily be able to turn it around so it's a culture issue. Even if some conservative viewers are horrified by the situation, they see not supporting the forgive and forget as a win in the liberal column. I've said this before, but I think this is gonna be like a jury nullification type situation.

This makes me so angry. It's all well and good that Jesus forgave him, but forgiveness from his victims and the public--because yes, the public needs to process this and deal with it since to us it's new information (not saying the public's feelings are more important than the victims' because they totally aren't)--is a separate issue. Fuck Fox and their culture war bullshit. There are liberal Christians. And to make child molestation into a red/blue debate is just sick.

Maybe they will say, "Our precious Josh did sin, and he has repented and has been washed in the blood of the lamb. So we're all good. But Doug Phillips is a TOOL!!!

I just had to take a moment to remember the great October surprise... :music-tool:

Tool'O'Ween came early this year. I'm still hoping that maybe someone like Stephanie Nielson would be be brought down in October. We have seen people like Dougie and Mark Driscoll brought down. It would be good to see a Mormon asshole like Stephanie Nielson be brought down. I'm not hating on all Mormons and some Mormons are likable. But, Stephanie N. aka NieNie has done many crappy things and should be brought down.

This won't be so much an interview but rather a scripted "explanation" for the purposes of gaining sympathy and keeping their show. It might as well start out with the 20th Century Fox movie logo followed by produced by..., directed by..., written by...., starring Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. And you know what? It will likely work. TLC doesn't care about the people who are upset. Their focus is on the true believers who deliver the good ratings for the show. They don't want to alienate those people because those folks likely watch a lot of other TLC programing. So begins the revised history and an awful lot of bad acting.

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

Dr. Drew, Barbara Walters, ........

Yep.

It's the beliefs over actions theology. If you are a true believer, all of your actions can be covered by Jesus' death on the cross and by you repenting.

The beliefs outweigh the actions. Jesus forgives all if you are sorry and believe.

Ah, good old eternal salvation. So much fun.

Yep.

I've witnessed this first hand. I attended a Christian college that has gone for decades sweeping sexual assaults under the rug - "because Christians don't rape." Instead of believing the victim, the first thought is, "What did this so-called victim do to excite the Christian young man?" These are not just men who think this way, women do too. Women are often even more scathing and callous to female victims of abuse. It's cruel and illogical, but never underestimate cognitive bias and the "just world fallacy." Needless to say, my hope for Megyn Kelly's performance in regards to having true empathy for the victims is...limited to say the least.

The only way the Duggars have any chance of atonement is being completely transparent about their actions regarding their choices of covering up for Josh and not getting him or his victims actual counseling. They need to fully admit their choices and actions were done from an ignorant and self-serving place. They would need to do this without using "sin" and "the devil made us do it" type of excuses. They need to be fully accountable. I highly doubt this will happen, though. I doubt Megyn Kelly is the interviewer who will put them in the hot seat. They picked her to do the interview because they know she'll go easy, and Fox News' demographics are much more likely to be sympathetic to the Duggars and to Josh ("But he was just a wee boy when this happened. You can't call him a sex offender! That's unfair! Victims? What victims?! There were victims?!"). :roll:

Dr. Drew, Barbara Walters, ........

Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric, Oprah (haha now she can finally do it)-- basically anyone that will actually turn it into a real interview vs the fake ones that happen on TLC shows when they bring in faux-reporters.

Anyone NOT on Fox because Fox turns everything into The War on Faith.

Oh jeez and just wait until all the other Fox shows take snippets of the interview to discuss as part of the bigger issues of War on Faith, War on Conservative Values, War on the Family, Attacks by Liberal Media, Attacks on American Values. They'll play to the God, Guns, Grits and Gravy audience.

I've witnessed this first hand. I attended a Christian college that has gone for decades sweeping sexual assaults under the rug - "because Christians don't rape." Instead of believing the victim, the first thought is, "What did this so-called victim do to excite the Christian young man?" These are not just men who think this way, women do too. Women are often even more scathing and callous to female victims of abuse. It's cruel and illogical, but never underestimate cognitive bias and the "just world fallacy." Needless to say, my hope for Megyn Kelly's performance in regards to having true empathy for the victims is...limited to say the least.

The only way the Duggars have any chance of atonement is being completely transparent about their actions regarding their choices of covering up for Josh and not getting him or his victims actual counseling. They need to fully admit their choices and actions were done from an ignorant and self-serving place. They would need to do this without using "sin" and "the devil made us do it" type of excuses. They need to be fully accountable. I highly doubt this will happen, though. I doubt Megyn Kelly is the interviewer who will put them in the hot seat. They picked her to do the interview because they know she'll go easy, and Fox News' demographics are much more likely to be sympathetic to the Duggars and to Josh ("But he was just a wee boy when this happened. You can't call him a sex offender! That's unfair! Victims? What victims?! There were victims?!"). :roll:

Sounds like the college I went to!

JB was an elected politician in AR from 1999-2003

He was not re-elected in 2003.

He ran for another political position in 2006- and was not elected.

Holt was defeated in 2006 too.

Looking at the above dates and comparing them to the dates of the incidents, timing of decisions made and the interface with AR DHS, IMO, JB made his plan and decisions based on what was best for his own political career. Josh and the other victims were less important, IMO.

Maybe this is a silly question, but how popular is Pat Robertson really among religious conservatives? I'm not snarking, I'm really curious, because he just seems like such a dinosaur. I remember reading somewhere that ABC Family is contractually obliged to run the 700 Club, so it runs whether people are watching it or not.

I would consider myself a conservative Christian and I think he's batty.

I wonder which of Michelle's hideous green shirts she'll wear, and if she and JBoob will matchy-match ;)

Bets on which shirt Michelle will don for the interview?

I think she's going to go super conservative and back to the frumper with the big peter pan collars. I expect much quivering lip, eyeballs the size of saucers, and huge crocodile tears and delicate sniffing.

I think we might just see real tears from Michelle. Because the show might be cancelled.

A ONE HOUR interview???? They are going to have to actually say something meaningful if the interview is that long. Unless they can bs for an hour and not really answer questions.

Well this IS the Duggars we're talking about. They've made a living bs-ing for an hour every week for the last 10 years.

Will JB and M admit that 4 victims were their daughters? Or will they refuse to name them because of their privacy?

Because we read the police report, but most people haven't. Will they try to make it sound like same aged femal friends of Josh? Would that work? Is it common knowledge in the US that the victims were his sisters and that the youngest was only 4 years old?

Because I do think that makes a difference. Humans don't like incest, we're programmed to find it horrible. And teens discovering eachother feels different then a teen molesting a kindergartner. Will they try to hide the most ugly details?

I think she's going to go super conservative and back to the frumper with the big peter pan collars. I expect much quivering lip, eyeballs the size of saucers, and huge crocodile tears and delicate sniffing.

More importantly, will Michelle have regular crazy hair or try and tone down to makeover hair to more connect with viewers?

I completely understand and agree with the girls not beig interviewed. Sexual assault victims do not owe anything to anyway. What I find facinating is that Michelle and Jim Bob are going to be interviewed without Josh. So they are basically going to try to explain away his behavior themselves and, in turn, redeem his character. It's facinating that Josh isn't being interviewed. Maybe he didn't want to do it or they know he will not do well being interviewed.

Will JB and M admit that 4 victims were their daughters? Or will they refuse to name them because of their privacy?

Because we read the police report, but most people haven't. Will they try to make it sound like same aged femal friends of Josh? Would that work? Is it common knowledge in the US that the victims were his sisters and that the youngest was only 4 years old?

Because I do think that makes a difference. Humans don't like incest, we're programmed to find it horrible. And teens discovering eachother feels different then a teen molesting a kindergartner. Will they try to hide the most ugly details?

It certainly seems that the affected have been generically referred to in the media. The Duggars have not acknowledged the relationship between the affected and Josh. I'm not sure about the general public and what they know.

M Kelly needs to address that issue with the Duggar parents- failing to protect all of their children needs to be addressed, straight up.

Why isn't JOSH going to be interviewed? (or is he?)

Why is the interview going to be in their home? Is their private jet grounded? (the other thread shows no movement in quite a while) are they afraid to fly commercially? It's been said that the kids won't be involved. Are they going to be locked in a bedroom with Grandma Mary?

I won't be watching. As curious as I am I won't give these people one more moment of my time. :roll:

Archived