IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

Megyn Kelly is a racist bigot, but she's also a feminist of sorts. If there were a bet on the table, my money would be on Kelly throwing major curves and shredding Jim Bob's treatment of his daughters.

That is, if she bothers to learn about them at all. She doesn't seem like the type of person that watches TLC.

There are not going to be any curveballs, because this interview is taking place in the Duggar home. Demanding interviews rarely take place on the subject's home turf. This is going to be a very carefully orchestrated step 1 in rehabilitating the Duggar image. JB has control of the location and no doubt the questions. The final product will be edited before broadcast to smooth any bumps. She won't lose enough viewers by going soft on them for it to matter. They are playing to their home audience, and the rest of us doing a one time hate viewing will be gravy for their ratings. An all over win for both FOX and the Duggars.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Megyn Kelly is another "Christian" apologist about the whole matter. This is gonna be fluff. She's already written about them and forgiveness, with hideous illogical comparisons: megynkelly.org/159400/a-christian-defense-of-josh-duggar/

Megyn Kelly didn't write that piece. It was originally published on Western Journalism and written by some dude named Steven Crowder.

This website doesn't even belong to her. Always be suspicious when it looks like a celebrity's own site but has a .org, and in this case it says right at the top that it's Unofficial. Down at the bottom: "The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily shared nor endorsed by The Unofficial Megyn Kelly. The Unofficial Megyn Kelly is not associated with Megyn Kelly nor Fox News and it's service is intended to augment, supplement or enhance the service provided by the author."

The word "author" is a link to the original piece.

I've been wondering about the media training myself, having spent years working in PR. They have always had softball interviews so no real need for it - but I would bet money that TLC is involved in this interview and that there is some serious media training going on right now at the Duggar compound.

IF they had any media training this week, I don't think it would be enough to undo the over ten years of pubic buffoonery that is Jim Bob's go-to interview persona. I don't remember enough details about the interview he did that was mentioned upthread to track it down and rewatch, but it's priceless. I'm going to try and dig it up.

Can anyone think of ANYTHING they could say to redeem themselves in any way? What if they did say, 'we fucked up (this would be paraphrasing)' or 'we regret how we handled the incident and are taking steps now to ensure that the children have access to psychological counseling'? Many of the leghumpers are already supporting them so they presumably need to rebuild their reputation, if you will, with the general public. So, what could they possibly say? And if the answer is 'nothing', why do the interview?

Megyn Kelly didn't write that piece. It was originally published on Western Journalism and written by some dude named Steven Crowder.

This website doesn't even belong to her. Always be suspicious when it looks like a celebrity's own site but has a .org, and in this case it says right at the top that it's Unofficial. Down at the bottom: "The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily shared nor endorsed by The Unofficial Megyn Kelly. The Unofficial Megyn Kelly is not associated with Megyn Kelly nor Fox News and it's service is intended to augment, supplement or enhance the service provided by the author."

The word "author" is a link to the original piece.

Oh, good catch! My apologies. :embarrassed:

I'm still concerned by their choice of interviewer, though. I think race and religion are going to trump the bigger issues and she'll wind up supporting them.

Fucking fox news?? Fox really? It does fit them perfectly. Two liars who cover up things. You know damn well these questions are pre approved.

I believe they are doing this interview to solidify the leghumper support. If they stay behind closed doors and don't communicate with the fans, the fans will simply move on. Not blame them, but lose interest and then how could they possibly relaunch their TV and political presence?

duggarfamily.com/2015/5/next-week

"Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.

-Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar"

Disgusting!

FOX is going to show some of it on Wednesday and then the full special one hour interview on Friday according to People.

http://www.people.com/article/duggars-i ... on-scandal

JimChelle please stfu. Please! You weren't shedding any tears and pain when this shit happened 12 years ago. The only reason you feel like shit now is because all that money and attention is gone. You're going to have to live like the rest of fundie families now. No more trips, traveling, money. Forgiveness my ass. Ask your children for forgiveness for the hell you put them through

Kelly is a right wing shill. She is not going to ask any difficult questions or press for follow up, as in exactly what type of professional counseling did Josh have? When he confessed to an elder of the church, did it occur to anyone that as an ordained clergy person, the elder was a mandated reporter? Forgiveness, restitution, repentance and consequences/punishment are different. You speak of forgiveness...is that possible without the others?

I hate Megyn Kelly and all the republican news bunnies.

Thinking about it more, the thing with Megyn Kelly is that she only thinks outside the conservative box if it's something that affects her personally. She was all anti-maternity leave for YEARS and frequently spoke out against it and defended the US for being the only developed country without paid leave, until, of course, she had a child of her own.

Unless Megyn or a loved one has been personally affected by child molestation in some way, chances are good she's completely pro-Duggar on this.

Thinking about it more, the thing with Megyn Kelly is that she only thinks outside the conservative box if it's something that affects her personally. She was all anti-maternity leave for YEARS and frequently spoke out against it and defended the US for being the only developed country without paid leave, until, of course, she had a child of her own.

Unless Megyn or a loved one has been personally affected by child molestation in some way, chances are good she's completely pro-Duggar on this.

Hey! Get out of my head!

As soon as I heard about this interview, I immediately thought Megyn would only care if molestation has affected her or someone close to her, and I too immediately thought of her changing stance on maternity leave xD

Slightly OT, but from her Twitter page: "Happily married to Doug, crazy in love with my children Yates, Yardley, and Thatcher..."

...Yardley?? :lol:

Could be either male or female. I know one of each. Sometimes spelled Yeardly.

Another fluff interview. If they're going to talk about this, they should be honest, and tell the whole truth.

Another fluff interview. If they're going to talk about this, they should be honest, and tell the whole truth.

BWAHHHHHH- Truth and JB Duggar do not belong in the same sentence.

We already know Duggar leghumper, Lori Alexander is excited about this and we should expect a blog post on the interview, the morning after it airs.

I believe they are doing this interview to solidify the leghumper support. If they stay behind closed doors and don't communicate with the fans, the fans will simply move on. Not blame them, but lose interest and then how could they possibly relaunch their TV and political presence?

I'm thinking the same thing too. They chose Fox News for that reason. It will the fundie lite type fans with cable that will be watching, like previously mentioned Lori Alexander.

I wont be watching simply because the oldest kids, the ones who really matter won't be included. I'd like to study their face and body language but thats not going to happen so bloop. No views from me.

Please, please, please do a recap Buzzard!!!!!

As soon as possibly possible!!

Think of all us poor Europeans going nuts waiting to hear what was said....although to be fair, I suspect everyone who's posted so far is right and it'll just be more of their usual catchphrases tied together with Jeebus forgives.

:sleeping:

I wont be watching simply because the oldest kids, the ones who really matter won't be included. I'd like to study their face and body language but thats not going to happen so bloop. No views from me.

Nor will I-

I still can't believe I actually set my DVR to record both the Wednesday and Friday episodes. I feel like Wednesday is only going to be a teaser of what's to come on the full Friday special.

I hate Fox News so much :lol: I may not even keep the recording set because it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I, also, have my DVR set to record these "interviews". PLEASE don't tell anyone......... :shhh:

I think we can all agree that the interview will be, in the words of Elaine Benes from Seinfeld:

"Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake"

Maybe they will say, "Our precious Josh did sin, and he has repented and has been washed in the blood of the lamb. So we're all good. But Doug Phillips is a TOOL!!!

I just had to take a moment to remember the great October surprise... :music-tool:

Archived