IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

Honestly, I'd love to see Howard Stern interview them. He'd pull NO punches.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly OT, but from her Twitter page: "Happily married to Doug, crazy in love with my children Yates, Yardley, and Thatcher..."

...Yardley?? :lol:

I know glaciers will form in hell before this happens but I would love to see Boob and Mullet get interviewed by Rachel Maddow, Melissa Harris-Perry or Keith Olbermann.

I'm fairly certain the segment has already been filmed, but I sent her an email nonetheless. I asked her to not allow them to refer to the action as a mistake, since a mistake is something you do out of error or misunderstanding, not something you do purposefully. And, I pointed out that it can be called a mistake if he repeated the actions after being corrected, which he did. I then asked that she not let the Duggar parents say that Josh has been forgiven because the choice to forgive does not rest with them, rather it rests with all 5 of his victims (even the one who does not belong to the family).

Will I be listened to? Probably not. But, at least I tried.

[search][/search]

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

Honestly? Just a prosecuting lawyer, that's it.

Even in fluff pieces these people give canned responses that barely answer the question and they all sound like they are taken from Gothard books.

This interview is a joke. They will stick to the, "we were shocked, did what we think is right, Jesus". Megyn will "hit them" with some hard questions but then sit there nodding while they repeat there practiced statement we have already heard in the interview.

I still can't believe I actually set my DVR to record both the Wednesday and Friday episodes. I feel like Wednesday is only going to be a teaser of what's to come on the full Friday special.

I hate Fox News so much :lol: I may not even keep the recording set because it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Here's a link to Jon Stewart's reaction to the Megyn Kelly/Karl Rove incident. The exact quote was, "Is this math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better or is this real?" :lol: Go to the 1:50 mark.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/bxtuz ... ove-s-math

99% likelihood she's going to go really easy on JB/M, but out of everyone at Fox News except maybe Shepard Smith, she has the highest chance of asking real, uncomfortable questions and not letting them get away with non-answers.Here's hoping. :pray:

Fox News (cough cough Faux News) is called Bullshit Mountain for a reason. Do I think JBoob will have pre-approved questions? Yes. However, there's a .05 percent chance Megyn Kelly will ask at least one hard-hitting question. Her exasperation at Karl Rove gives me the smallest glimmer of hope. Fox News' Shepard Smith also surprised me last fall when he reported on Ebola in America and told everybody (especially the media) to CALM THE EFF DOWN! I'll be tuning in either way when this interview airs

Let's start flooding FOX and persuade them to cancel the interview.

I second this statement!!!

This is from The Kelly File's Facebook Page

Can they pick a new picture of Boob and Mullet to use? I HATE that one. I want to punch J'chelle's "happily submissive" face every time I see it.

Fox News (cough cough Faux News) is called Bullshit Mountain for a reason. Do I think JBoob will have pre-approved questions? Yes. However, there's a .05 percent chance Megyn Kelly will ask at least one hard-hitting question. Her exasperation at Karl Rove gives me the smallest glimmer of hope. Fox News' Shepard Smith also surprised me last fall when he reported on Ebola in America and told everybody (especially the media) to CALM THE EFF DOWN! I'll be tuning in either way when this interview airs

I think Shepard Smith had a---almost a political and intellectual conversion, after Hurricane Katrina. He went to New Orleans after it happened, and he was disgusted with the Bush administration and their deliberate incompetence. He got into an argument with Bill O'Reilly over it, with Bill making excuses and Smith insisting that there was no excuse for Bush's inaction. I've been waiting ever since for him to get sick enough of Fox's bullshit to leave.

Maybe this is a silly question, but how popular is Pat Robertson really among religious conservatives? I'm not snarking, I'm really curious, because he just seems like such a dinosaur. I remember reading somewhere that ABC Family is contractually obliged to run the 700 Club, so it runs whether people are watching it or not.

Everyone I know, myself included, thinks he's crazy.

The Duggars will come off looking like the victims.

I just spent 2 hours talking about Evangelical Christianity and cults with my husband.

The whole concept of beliefs trumping actions, and being the right kind of believer trumping all sins is just so foreign.

I still can't believe I actually set my DVR to record both the Wednesday and Friday episodes. I feel like Wednesday is only going to be a teaser of what's to come on the full Friday special.

I hate Fox News so much :lol: I may not even keep the recording set because it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel the same way... can't believe that channel is even listed to record in my dvr's queue.

Kelly didn't pull any punches with her interview of Dick Cheney, but I'm not holding out hope she will do the same with JB/M. I hope she proves me wrong!

Ok everyone, according to CNN it's going to ONLY be JB & Michelle and Megyn Kelly is going to their home in Arkansas to do it.

"Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar will speak with Fox anchor Megyn Kelly at their home in Arkansas, and the interview will air on Kelly's 9 p.m. program on Wednesday, Fox announced on Saturday.

Josh Duggar and the other children on the family's reality show "19 Kids and Counting" will apparently not be a part of the interview."

So, Megyn Kelly is another "Christian" apologist about the whole matter. This is gonna be fluff. She's already written about them and forgiveness, with hideous illogical comparisons: megynkelly.org/159400/a-christian-defense-of-josh-duggar/

So, Megyn Kelly is another "Christian" apologist about the whole matter. This is gonna be fluff. She's already written about them and forgiveness, with hideous illogical comparisons: megynkelly.org/159400/a-christian-defense-of-josh-duggar/

Welp. There goes any hope of at least one rea question. Thanks for the link.

Does Megyn usually tape interviews at people's homes? I agree that the interview has been taped already and we will just get teasers on the 3rd and no real new information on the 5th.

I still am sending an email with a few questions just in case it hasn't been taped.

I think the angle is not cancelling the interview because that won't happen, but to tell Megyn that if she goes easy on them she loses a viewer. It is going to be a fine line for her reputation. My husband is a fox news watcher and a republican and he dislikes the Duggars and is sicken by Josh's actions.

If she goes easy on her that is when she needs to be flooded with emails for missing what America wanted to hear.

Fantastic. An interview with Megyn "Santa Clause is white" Kelly.

Well, they wouldn't deign to talk to Rachel Maddow or Anderson Cooper.

Whoever makes this a drinking game (take a drink every time the Duggars talk about forgiveness) will be dead before the conclusion of the interview.

Megyn Kelly is a racist bigot, but she's also a feminist of sorts. If there were a bet on the table, my money would be on Kelly throwing major curves and shredding Jim Bob's treatment of his daughters.

That is, if she bothers to learn about them at all. She doesn't seem like the type of person that watches TLC.

I hope it goes terribly. The Duggars have next to no media training. I want it to go down like the Sarah Palin and Katie Couric interview did. :cracking-up:

I don't know Megyn Kelly; will she challenge the Duggars at all? Even if it's just to call them out if they say something completely nonsensical and ask them to clarify. Ask them what 'defraud' means???

I've been wondering about the media training myself, having spent years working in PR. They have always had softball interviews so no real need for it - but I would bet money that TLC is involved in this interview and that there is some serious media training going on right now at the Duggar compound.

Im glad its just Jimbob and Michelle doing it. I don't want to see Josh's smug face again, and it will be just too sad to see the girls on TV talking about it.

I really hope that the interview absolutely rips them to shreds and asks all of the hard questions. But unfortunately I don't think they will and it will be just the usual victim blaming bullshit.

I am not sure the interview is going to do much, if anything, for the Duggars. Fox may be a highly rated news network but it's still a cable network when most people get the their news, and scandalous gossip from network television. Plus, the majority of Duggar apologists are unlikely to be even watching a news network, especially fellow fundies who are unlikely to have cable. Sorry to say but hardcore Duggar fans do not seem to be most well informed when it comes to news.

I don't think the Duggars have any real pull in the Republican world. Most who love to watch Fox want to rail against Obama or Democrats but have no desire to justify molestation. I don't think the Duggars will say anything that will allow them to go back to stumping for candidates. Fox just wants the exclusive, no different than ABC or NBC. Jim Bob chose the network he thinks is least likely to ask real questions. They aren't media savvy, or particularly bright, so I am sure they believe they can convince everyone that praying and remodeling a house can fix anything. I want Meghan to ask them if they should be enough punishment or just the precious Josh.

Archived