IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

Aw, isn't it nice that the scandal hasn't stopped them from whoring out their family for $$$? Family values, y'all!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Megyn Kelly have a twitter or other way of communicating with her? I really think she needs to get a ton of requests for a truly "fair and balanced" interview, complete with questioning how they reconcile thy hypocrisy and most importantly how do they reconcile continuing to put their daughters and others who were guests in their home in danger for at least a year or more after they knew about josh's proclivities.

We keep saying that no one is paying attention to the victims here, and I agree, the response from the Christian fundies has largely been focused on josh and on what a wonderful family they are, but I think these people are forgetting that JimBob and Michelle allowed a guest to sleep over or visit at their house and they also did not protect this guest from a child predator. I am not saying that anyone's pain is worse than the other, but still I think it would make some impact on these blindly supporting idiots that not only did they not protect their own children, but allowed at least one child, not their own, to also be harmed.

They literally have no shame, which is ironic given how much of it they've inflicted on their children.

Please, please, somebody upload a Youtube of the interview when it happens and post a link here. Pretty please!!!

So are these kinds of interviews live or taped in advance with the ability to be edited? I ask because about two years ago I saw Jim Bob and Michelle being interviewed live at a political rally. Jim Bob was painful to watch....he was inarticulate, could not even say the name of the candidate he was there to endorse and just could not get words out. He looked to Michelle who then took over the conversation. It was a disaster for him.

Would someone mind explaining who Megyn Kelly is, what her interviewing style is and what type of show this interview is being filmed for? Is she hard-hitting, or have they chosen someone who will go softly-softly with them?

Sorry, not from U.S but am very interested in the interview.

They would never in a million years agree to an actual interview. I guarantee there will be preapproved questions and more of the same "forgiven" BS. No real questions, no real answers.

So are these kinds of interviews live or taped in advance with the ability to be edited? I ask because about two years ago I saw Jim Bob and Michelle being interviewed live at a political rally. Jim Bob was painful to watch....he was inarticulate, could not even say the name of the candidate he was there to endorse and just could not get words out. He looked to Michelle who then took over the conversation. It was a disaster for him.

I'm sure it will be taped, edited, practically scripted, and Jim Bob's attorney has worked out all of the rules regarding what can be asked and what will happen if Megyn suddenly decides to act like a real journalist.

well They are going to the perfect show for them one that seldom knows or tells the truth. they should feel right at home.

Does Megyn Kelly have a twitter or other way of communicating with her? I really think she needs to get a ton of requests for a truly "fair and balanced" interview, complete with questioning how they reconcile thy hypocrisy and most importantly how do they reconcile continuing to put their daughters and others who were guests in their home in danger for at least a year or more after they knew about josh's proclivities.

https://mobile.twitter.com/megynkelly

The entire thing makes me sick, but I shouldn't be surprised at all. This interview will undoubtedly be carefully done and heavily edited prior to it's showing, all with JB's stamp of approval. There may be some "hard hitters", but the responses will be rehearsed. It's going to be all about painting them as victims and probably mostly ignoring the real victims.

Shame on Megyn Kelly for allowing their bullshit to continue.

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

My grandparents used to watch Fox A LOT (though, recently, they've admitted that Fox is a bit too Fox for their liking, so they've stopped watching most of the programming), and Megyn Kelly started with the nightly show (instead of the middle of the day) while I was helping my grandma after breaking her back. When I was forced to listen to her, her ENTIRE show as about the health care reform. She did EVERYTHING she could to make sure people knew she hated it. She spent day after day after day after day talking about that. Even after most of the anchors at Fox were moving on to other topics, she still found more ways to talk about how she hated it.

It's actually easier for me to deal with Sean Hannity than Megyn Kelly, and that says a lot cause I hate that man and everything he stands for.

On this page, there's a video of Jon Stewart addressing her show when she was a day time anchor, to give you an idea of what she's like: mediamatters.org/blog/2010/04/09/fox-news-megyn-kelly-flattered-by-jon-stewarts/162937

It really can go either way with Megyn. She works for Fox News, so stupid conservative pandering is her default strategy--never forget "Santa Clause is white." But she's also the woman who--when Karl Rove was having an on-air melt down over the results of the last Presidential election and swearing up and down that the numbers actually show Obama losing--asked him, "Are your numbers accurate or are they lies you tell yourself as a Republican to make yourself feel better?"

FSM help me, I think I want to watch this.

We keep saying that no one is paying attention to the victims here, and I agree, the response from the Christian fundies has largely been focused on josh and on what a wonderful family they are, but I think these people are forgetting that JimBob and Michelle allowed a guest to sleep over or visit at their house and they also did not protect this guest from a child predator. I am not saying that anyone's pain is worse than the other, but still I think it would make some impact on these blindly supporting idiots that not only did they not protect their own children, but allowed at least one child, not their own, to also be harmed.

Twitter: twitter.com/megynkelly

E-mail can be found in the upper right corner here: foxnews.com/shows/the-kelly-file.html

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

Anderson Cooper! They have 'interviewed' with him in the past. Scare quotes because I haven't seen it and don't know how it was handled.

Oprah.

I would love love love to see Josh get picked apart by David Gregory. :nenner:

I think Kelly will go easy on them. Pre approved questions, careful wording, basically shit journalism since it's Fox News.

The interview will be pablum for an audience that likes to be spoon fed what to think. Many professional journalists have pointed out that TLC is essentially a Red State network and FOX is also a Red State network. I would be shocked if the interview was anything but soft ball. TLC is loving it. They have no intention whatsoever of keeping the Duggars off their network. They may not appear in the form of 19 Kids and Counting but they will continue to have a presence on TLC.

Anderson Cooper! They have 'interviewed' with him in the past. Scare quotes because I haven't seen it and don't know how it was handled.

Oprah.

I would love love love to see Josh get picked apart by David Gregory. :nenner:

Yes any of those!

Or Jon Stewart or Bill Maher because that would just be hilarious.

Dang....you took the words right out of my mouth. FOX News....first stop in the Image Rehabilitation Tour. Next stop...Pat Robertson!

I hope it goes terribly. The Duggars have next to no media training. I want it to go down like the Sarah Palin and Katie Couric interview did. :cracking-up:

I don't know Megyn Kelly; will she challenge the Duggars at all? Even if it's just to call them out if they say something completely nonsensical and ask them to clarify. Ask them what 'defraud' means???

The interview will be pablum for an audience that likes to be spoon fed what to think. Many professional journalists have pointed out that TLC is essentially a Red State network and FOX is also a Red State network. I would be shocked if the interview was anything but soft ball. TLC is loving it. They have no intention whatsoever of keeping the Duggars off their network. They may not appear in the form of 19 Kids and Counting but they will continue to have a presence on TLC.

I agree, and I think i've read somewhere that they are planning a spinoff voor Jinger en Jessa.

Here's a link to Jon Stewart's reaction to the Megyn Kelly/Karl Rove incident. The exact quote was, "Is this math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better or is this real?" :lol: Go to the 1:50 mark.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/bxtuz ... ove-s-math

99% likelihood she's going to go really easy on JB/M, but out of everyone at Fox News except maybe Shepard Smith, she has the highest chance of asking real, uncomfortable questions and not letting them get away with non-answers.Here's hoping. :pray:

I will be endlessly happy if this interview plays out like that one

:happy-jumpeveryone:

It's actually easier for me to deal with Sean Hannity than Megyn Kelly, and that says a lot cause I hate that man and everything he stands for.

My soon to be 77 year old father says he feels an urge to punch the TV every time he accidentally sees Hannity's face. The man is in love with Rachel Maddow.

Anyone expecting this to go badly for the Duggars will be disappointed. If one take goes badly, it will be done again until the finished product meets with the Duggars' approval.

Fox isn't looking for a scoop here - just ratings, and they'll get them.

Megyn Kelly will be squarely in the Duggars corner screaming liberal media bias and poor Josh he shall be forgiven! This is just aweful. Fox News and JB two pees in a pod.

I don't know how women on that network live with themselves.

Megyn Kelly will be squarely in the Duggars corner screaming liberal media bias and poor Josh he shall be forgiven! This is just aweful. Fox News and JB two pees in a pod.

I don't know how women on that network live with themselves.

I assume your use of the word 'pees' is a typo or a language issue but I LIKE IT! :lol:

ETA: Or was that another malapropism? Funny either way!

Archived