IGNORED

Public School? Just let coyotes raise your kids

Koala

But, but, your hamster is a girl! My Gambit is automatically superior due to his penis. Except he's neutered. Hmm...we may have a conundrum.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it charge for everything or just some things? I know of some libraries (my own included) that charge a buck for movie rentals for new releases (older movies are still free), but don't know any that charge per book except for fines. As for homeschooling materials, a lot of libraries will not carry text books at all because they are so expensive and the publishers make them so they become obsolete within a year. It just costs too much and providing textbooks is a service that is already provided by schools.

You are missing the most obvious reason why these fundies act like homeschooling isn't a big deal: they don't actually teach their kids anything. Fundie homeschooling is a joke. It is not the same thing as homeschooling your kid and shouldn't even be mentioned along with actual homeschooling. They don't learn real science or history. We have seen the Duggar teens unable to do elementary math. We know that Sarah Maxwell writes like a 3rd grader. The list goes on. If these kids got any real schooling, home or otherwise, their parents wouldn't be so quick to call it easy.

Oh, I'm not missing it at all. That was my point. Although I must say, I do know plenty of non-fundies who say homeschooling is no biggie, and I am not impressed with what they're doing (or not doing) either. Going to the park is not the same as P.E., and handing your kid some scissors is not the same as art, but that doesn't stop these parents from bragging about how very little thought and effort they're putting into it. Their thought process is that public schools don't do more than that, but they really wouldn't know since their kids don't go.

Archived