IGNORED

Public School? Just let coyotes raise your kids

Koala

**The comments are not to be missed. Absolute gold**

Kelly is so over the top dramatic:

In the mean time, though, while we await the general reawakening of the American people, the best course of action, individually, is to search for alternatives outside of government education. Homeschool is a great choice. If you can’t do that, look into private schools or charter schools. If all else fails, I always suggest releasing your child into the wilderness to be raised by coyotes before sending them to government educational factories. They’ll probably end up more mentally and emotionally adjusted than they would in our current public school system.

generationcedar.com/main/2015/05/why-you-should-be-outraged-that-your-parental-rights-are-stripped-when-you-send-your-child-to-public-school.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Person with a brain (and a desire to FEED and HOUSE her children):

Due to the fact that his father and I work different shifts not 9-5, even if we were to homeschool our son, there’s no way either one of us would have any time for outside socialization activities. Plus I STINK at Math. We are barely making it let alone have the funds to purchase homeschool materials. Those are not cheap.

Kelly:

And I will say, to encourage you on your other points, that we cut back to one income and started homeschooling when we couldn’t afford it, and yet somehow we did. (My husband was makmaterials Aing $19,000/yr. and our 3rd child was on the way.) Homeschooling materials ARE cheap (do you have a library) and I would argue one could homeschool for free.

You misunderstand homeschooling if you think it can’t be done. Also, outside activities (which you would have time for) should pale in comparison for what’s at stake.

1) Raise your hand if you think Kelly had LOTS o' help from mom and dad. Raise your hand if you remember Kelly talking about the loads of debt they were in. Now, raise your hand if you remember how Kelly thought the Tornado that hit her area was an extra special blessing just for her, because it resulted in TONS of donations that allowed her to finish paying off said debt.

Thank you.

2) Homeschool materials are not cheap and staying home always because GUESS WHAT KIDS, WE'RE BROKE! is not good for children.

Reader:

Our public school teaches abstinence. If you don’t want your child hearing something controversial the child can sit out of the class for that discussion. Our Christian club (fcs) was bigger than the Christian clubs at local Christian schools!!! Public school is a great thing for us.

Kelly:

Nicole,

Sex education was just an aside from the point of the article (and very few schools teach abstinence).

Reader competing in the Humble Brag Olympics:

We lived in travel trailers for 8 years. My kids never felt deprived.

So that's what those people who lived in the shitty shack in the woods were planning to do. Fuck education, let wild animals raise our kids.

Michelle Duggar vs. a coyote mom?

Hmmm, thats a toss up.

Coyote mom wouldn't be so obsessed with purity.

Oh, definitely go with a mama coyote over Michelle Duggar. No question

Or 99% of the fundie homeschoolers. Coyotes are hella smart!

ETA: and at the rate my chickens are getting carried off, little coyotes get more to eat than Kelly's kids.

Yeah, at least they'd stand an outside chance of learning some life skills.

Even better, the Humble Brag Olympian homeschooled because there had been a book in the library which discussed masturbation and anal sex. Can you imagine? Adolescents learning about their bodies and sex?

Oh, definitely go with a mama coyote over Michelle Duggar. No question

Yeah. Coyote mom probably wouldn't make one of your J'coyote sisters raise you. She'd carry you around by the scruff of your neck herself.

Her response to the lady who works odd hours pretty much sums it up. "Everything you just told me about your personal situation is incorrect. You may think you are the authoritative source of information about your own schedule or financial situation, but actually I am the only person who is an expert about anything. That's why I wouldn't allow anyone but me to teach my kids. And why I ignore the experiences of the vast majority of Americans who attended school, since I believe that schools are filled with lava and spiders and they make all of the children perform satanic rituals, and everything that conflicts with my ideas is, by definition, a lie."

Her response to the lady who works odd hours pretty much sums it up. "Everything you just told me about your personal situation is incorrect. You may think you are the authoritative source of information about your own schedule or financial situation, but actually I am the only person who is an expert about anything. "

:clap: :clap: Well said.

This is Lori level dramatics.

I am sort of disappointed "lies from the pit of hell" didn't come up.

You and Fireal need to move over to Generation Cedar now that L Ron Cupboard is hiding in the closet.

This is Lori level dramatics.

I am sort of disappointed "lies from the pit of hell" didn't come up.

I immediately thought of Lori when I saw the thread title.

Can you reaaaaally homeschool from a library with no curriculum? I mean I know you could, but should you reaaaaaally? [emoji19]

I'd go with the coyote raising a child, but then again I like to think that I have some standards.

I immediately thought of Lori when I saw the thread title.

Can you reaaaaally homeschool from a library with no curriculum? I mean I know you could, but should you reaaaaaally? [emoji19]

I guess if you were "unschooling," the library would be a good option. I don't think that is what Kelly means though. Knowing fundies, you should probably just check out Bible stories and cookbooks. Because obviously, cooking math is the only math you need. :roll:

I guess if you were "unschooling," the library would be a good option. I don't think that is what Kelly means though. Knowing fundies, you should probably just check out Bible stories and cookbooks. Because obviously, cooking math is the only math you need. :roll:

Damn skippy.

"Now kids, the limit as chicken goes to zero..."

**The comments are not to be missed. Absolute gold**

Kelly is so over the top dramatic:

generationcedar.com/main/2015/05/why-you-should-be-outraged-that-your-parental-rights-are-stripped-when-you-send-your-child-to-public-school.html

She is hilarious. She spends the whole time basically telling people how they misinterpreted the article and of course how they are doing it wrong if they send their kids to public school. So impressed by her 19,000. a year one income just so they could homeschool. I can't imagine those awesome living conditions. Then again I am a heathen from hollywood. :lol:

I think it could be done IF you considered the Internet as well. Khan Academy is free and incredible and how I learned most of Calculus II and ODEs. I went to class but my professors were subpar so I used this instead. You'd have to have a scanner too I think -- libraries do have some workbooks and the like, such as Physics the Easy Way which I also own that can be used and if you could scan the practice pages with the answers before the due date that can be done.

It would take so much time though and you'd essentially be building a curriculum from scratch and you'd probably have to be very well educated yourself to pull it off. For early maths, Khan Academy would really help because they have practice trees that gauge your success and don't let you move on until mastery.

I'm not sure if this would be viable at all though for a mom who never built a curriculum. But, eh, some ideas.

Or you could just find some coyotes. Very Joseph Bueys of her.

Kelly:

Not only are some libraries charging to check out books these days (my local library doesn't carry homeschool material at all anyway), but those outside activities are important! I'm not saying parents should has date-nights as often as the Shupes, but some are necessary for a mental recharge.

1) Raise your hand if you think Kelly had LOTS o' help from mom and dad. Raise your hand if you remember Kelly talking about the loads of debt they were in. Now, raise your hand if you remember how Kelly thought the Tornado that hit her area was an extra special blessing just for her, because it resulted in TONS of donations that allowed her to finish paying off said debt.

Thank you.

That fucking bitch. I read about her before finding this site. Evil, rotten, fucking bitch!!

2) Homeschool materials are not cheap and staying home always because GUESS WHAT KIDS, WE'RE BROKE! is not good for children.

A lot of educational activities take money!!

Reader competing in the Humble Brag Olympics:

When kids are so deprived that they don't know they're deprived, that's not a good thing.

Not only are some libraries charging to check out books these days (my local library doesn't carry homeschool material at all anyway), but those outside activities are important! I'm not saying parents should has date-nights as often as the Shupes, but some are necessary for a mental recharge.

That fucking bitch. I read about her before finding this site. Evil, rotten, fucking bitch!!

A lot of educational activities take money!!

When kids are so deprived that they don't know they're deprived, that's not a good thing.

When you say your library is charging to check out books- is that a one time membership fee, an annual membership fee, or do you actually have to pay every time you check out books? :?

Kelly grinds my gears in particular because I taught public high school for 17 years, semipagan agnostic that I am, and I had kids in my classes from very conservative Christian families. Some girls wore long skirts (even when skiing and riding horses), long, long hair, didn't dance, didn't date, the works. Most had been homeschooled until high school or had gone to small denominational private schools.

I was so careful not to denigrate their beliefs or push my own. My ambition was to challenge everyone's thinking in my class, not just the ones I didn't agree with. It takes self-discipline to put your own opinions aside and try to teach in a way that respects all your students, and I worked hard at that.

Good on their families, say I, for trusting their children and their faith enough to expose them to secular education. In the religious family I got to know best, one kid is now a missionary nurse, one is an occupational therapist, and one is a mechanical engineer. As far as I know they are all still believers, plus they can support themselves and contribute to society. But according to Kelly they should have stayed home and sold tchotchkes on Etsy. Or run with the coyotes. Because God likes fear and hates competence, evidently.

side rant time! I hate this arguement of "if you want to afford x you can make it happen"

I'm pregnant with my first and plan to be a working parent. In part because I really enjoy my job and in part because its financially necessary for my family. Believe mr if the US had real paid maternity leave I would gladly prefer that as an option! We're having relatives care for the baby so that helps.

I've has a few smug asshole coworkers tell me if I just sacrifice more I could afford to stay at homd. I just smile and nod but it's snnoying. you know the ones responsible for my student loans or my mortgage! They're not the ones paying into my retirement fund! so don't tell me what I can or can't afford.

Archived