IGNORED

TLC / Reality Vetting Proceedure

fabkiwi06

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLC- please no spin off involving minor children- especially if the parents are raising those children using the same tenets, principles and perversions that JB and M used. NO-

Have some integrity.

TLC- please no spin off involving minor children- especially if the parents are raising those children using the same tenets, principles and perversions that JB and M used. NO-

Have some integrity.

Integrity vs. Money... the root of all evil wins everytime!

Let's take it in the context for what it is. Obviously, they are weird, they are not a traditional American family. Traditional American families don't make good television nor do they make for good snark forums. When we turn on the TV, we want to see something unusual for entertainment purposes. Imagine a program about a traditional American family, who live in a 2000 sq ft house in the suburbs. "Hi my name is Sandy and this is my wonderful husband Doug and these are are our three children, Dan, Diane and Devin and yes, I delivered them all...." *click* no one wants to watch a TV show about people just like them. If the Little Couple were over 5 ft we wouldn't be watching a show about them. What I'm trying to say don't necessarily blame the network because they are just cashing in on what people want to see on TV. Deadliest Catch is a great show, but it showcases an unusual profession and the guys are not your mainstream type of guys, they are crass, rough around the edges, hard workers for sure but they are not the typical men you meet in everyday life. Networks can sell a show about crab fishermen but they couldn't sell a show about accountants or refrigeration repair guys. Honestly, I think TLC is keeping the Duggar door open because of the almighty dollar, nothing else... it's not because all the TLC execs are now Gothardites. People think that because the sponsors are pulling out now that they won't be back? Sure they will be back, maybe not all of them but many will return once the dust settles because the sponsors know that at least for one or two seasons a return of the Duggars will have a huge audience because people are curious and want to see what is going on. I'll watch again.. then I'll come to this board and snark about it, bottom line. People may have cried and complained about the Duggar marathon still being on when this news broke but I bet if we could get our hands on the numbers that they were doing good in the ratings, because people were viewing, looking for clues of dysfunction and feeding their inner curiosity. I bet now if Honey Boo Boo came back on, people would watch just to see how the family was doing and to make sure Honey Boo Boo was alright, for maybe a half a season. But they won't put Honey Boo Boo on now because she is older, she is just a chubby pre-adolescent and she lost her appeal. In the long run her ratings would plummet and TLC knows this. She was a cute precocious little girl now she is just an obnoxious pre-teen.. people have moved on. Part of what made the Duggar dynasty work is that they were adding people all the time, there was always a new edition to keep people tuned in and curious, "Oh Jill is having a baby, I wonder what they will name it?" or "Is Jessa having a boy or a girl" or "Josiah is dating a girl who wears pants, wow I need to watch and see what is going on". So we can sit here and speculate about why TLC hasn't pulled the plug and my guess is: we haven't seen the last of the Duggars.

You're right I definitely seem like the conspiracy theories and over speculation have taken me over! Lol. I do see your point as well about what is interesting and what is not....on the surface . I do sound like a nutjob but I guess what I'm trying to say is I have this odd gut feeling about TLC. Something that goes beyond the money, like I said. I predict that sometime in the future, some news will break about deeper corruption within the network. Most likely having nothing to do with ties to any Duggar like beliefs.

I also notice when we as people have an intuitive feeling on something, subconscious or conscious we tend to try to figure out what the details could be by using logic and what we already know. But more often than not the details aren't anything we could figure out or predict. Anyway that's the sorta thing I'm getting at. Time shall tell!

Oh and for the record....just in case.... I'm definitely not saying you called me or insinuated I'm a nutjob. All of this is my own words for myself on how I came across.

The difference between the Amish and the Duggars is they dont make their lives nor actively get involved with politics. They see TV as 'graven image' while the Duggars claim TV is evil though have a show. The Duggars proclaim to be this 'squeaky clean' family protecting their kids from the likes of Ru Paul. Im not trying to sound a humper, but incest/sexual abuse is everywhere whether be Amish or secular world. I, too, agree TLC hopes this dies down, but I think it will be a long time..

Hi roddma, no you don't sound like a humper at all. I agree, incest is an issue no matter where you go. I wish the Duggar situation were as simple as incest, unfortunately the police report says a different thing entirely. It would still call into question his presenting himself as a moral authority, but it would still be technically none of our business if he and a sister (close in age) had mutually messed around as minor children.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just like to play devil's advocate and keep a good conversation going. So you have a show featuring Amish or ex-Amish as it is, I've seem a lot of Amish shows in the last few years. We know that these ex-Amish come from a sect where incest and sexual abuse of a child is maybe more prevalent than in mainstream America. There might be a good chance that one or more of the people they are putting on the TV are a sex offender (but it has never been reported and swept under the rug). Would there be as big as a fall out as there is to the Duggars if some children came out and reported the Ex-Amish guys were sex offenders? Cake Boss had a child molester on their show, unbeknownst to the network or Buddy, and ended up being convicted and sentenced to heavy jail-time. The guy on Cake Boss wasn't a 14 yr old kid getting his kicks off of being touchy, feely with a few of his sisters (which I know is gross), but the Cake Boss guy was like a 30- something year old man molesting via intercourse a 13 yr old girl multiple times. The network didn't cancel the show, they just edited the guy out and pretended like it was nothing.. life went on for Buddy and his cakes. Maybe the one who comes the closest to knowing the backlash of child sexual abuse is Mama June. But c'mon June was dating the man who had sexually molested her daughter Anna and then she had him around her other daughters and was sleeping with him to boot. Now that is pretty damn disgusting. In my eyes Mama June is a bigger sick twisted pervert than even sexually repressed Josh Duggar. What kind of mther sleeps with someone you know molested your child?. I still can't wrap my head around that one. So Mama June pays the ultimate price, she's given the TLC ax.

So what we have is an sample of America, the uber religious folks, the Southern bumpkins, the city savvy North-easterners and what is one thing they all have in common? Child sex abuse. WOW... it's here, it is there. it is everyone and for the most part we don't really think too much of it, we read about it in the newspaper everyday.. everyday there is a case of child abuse in some fashion being reported and it is right in front of us and we don't pay much attention to it. BUT omg, when it happens to be a Duggar we are all consumed and we are going to lead the parade that is going to break Josh Duggar because he did this horrific act and his parents handled it all wrong and they are the worst family in the World because they acted all squeaky clean but they weren't, so they are hypocrits and it is our job to bring them down and put an end to Gothardism because Gothardism is the thing that caused Josh Duggar to do what he did. So is this a slam against Duggars, really? Or is it a slam against something bigger, something more powerful and more scary? I think we come across as being a little bit of a hypocrit ourselves if we say we fight this fight for the victims and to make sure no one else falls victims to Gothard and his teachings. But really aren't what we are fighting the fight for is because of our own belief systems that are unlike the teachings of Fundamental religious sects/Quiverfull and Gothard included. I think we need to be honest about why we are here or what we are doing. It's not that we are upset about the victims of sexual abuse, because if we were maybe we would be more proactive in our own communities trying to fight this widespread and disgusting crime. What we are fighting for is to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the way the Duggars believe is evil and rabid mostly because it is not of what we believe in mainstream America? Again, I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm playing the role of devils advocate.

Cake Boss had a child molester on their show, unbeknownst to the network or Buddy, and ended up being convicted and sentenced to heavy jail-time. The guy on Cake Boss wasn't a 14 yr old kid getting his kicks off of being touchy, feely with a few of his sisters (which I know is gross), but the Cake Boss guy was like a 30- something year old man molesting via intercourse a 13 yr old girl multiple times. The network didn't cancel the show, they just edited the guy out and pretended like it was nothing.. life went on for Buddy and his cakes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cake Boss is a show with contestants, and contestants come and go. Like a game show. Game shows don't have religion or ideology or political influence. The Duggar show isn't a game show, the cast is static, it's not feasible to to blip one person out and say that their toxic influence is somehow mitigated..

Maybe the one who comes the closest to knowing the backlash of child sexual abuse is Mama June. But c'mon June was dating the man who had sexually molested her daughter Anna and then she had him around her other daughters and was sleeping with him to boot. Now that is pretty damn disgusting. In my eyes Mama June is a bigger sick twisted pervert than even sexually repressed Josh Duggar. What kind of mther sleeps with someone you know molested your child?. I still can't wrap my head around that one. So Mama June pays the ultimate price, she's given the TLC ax.

Mama June has issues, and those issues rightfully got her show taken away from her. What she did was inexcusable, however, she did not molest anyone, nor did she keep anyone from serving jail time and/or getting mandatory state treatment. She didn't cover up a crime as far as I know. She doesn't have friends that are politically powerful or are able to appoint judges to destroy police records. Mama June didn't set herself up as a moral authority or lobby against the rights of others.

Honestly, I'm tired of the comparisons between Mama June and Josh. It's such a nonsequitor.

I think we need to be honest about why we are here or what we are doing.

I joined this forum because it appears people here understand fundy beliefs and I've been able to share those experiences without feeling weird. I also joined this forum because I presumed I could be able to talk about the Duggar scandal without leghumpers trying to scratch my eyes out.

It's not that we are upset about the victims of sexual abuse,

Speak for yourself. I don't know these girls, but I do know what kind of background they come from, and I know what it is to have family members do inappropriate things because of the isolation and overcontrol that goes on. These events have triggered my own issues and no doubt the minds of other survivors. Escaping fundamentalism is a thing for people not on tv, you know. Most of us are completely invisible unless we choose to share our experiences.

because if we were maybe we would be more proactive in our own communities trying to fight this widespread and disgusting crime.

So, we should only speak out against child molestation as long as it's someone in our own community, and certainly not a prominent family that is white, Christian, politically influential and privileged by celebrity status. Oh okay! I'll be sure to be a one-woman crusade and visit every house in my town of 10,000 people and evaluate every family without compensation or adequate professional education before posting my opinion on the Internet ever again. Because people are only allowed to share their opinion unless they've lived up to your exact standards. /s

What we are fighting for is to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the way the Duggars believe is evil and rabid mostly because it is not of what we believe in mainstream America?

Well, I'm just here posting my opinion on the Internet. I'm not sure how that equals to fighting someone or something. I have already posted my opinion about how the Duggars are in fact a reflection of our country as a collective whole. I don't see why it is objectionable to look at the bigger picture here. There is a reason why the Duggars managed to gain a platform to spread their toxic ideology, and it's because mainstream people aren't taking them seriously. Have you asked yourself if you are one of them?

Again, I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm playing the role of devils advocate.

Oh, I've heard that before, usually from people who just want me to shut up.

So while we're on the subject of honesty, I think it's time that you also be honest. You aren't just posting because you want to play a theoretical devil's advocate. You want people to shut up about the Duggars. Since the middle of this thread, you have fought against the cancellation of the show and/or spinoff and are now presenting arguments against the posters here because your original arguments didn't hold water. Rather than accept the fact that the Duggars enable abusers and should be taken off the air, now you're taking aim at the people who are pointing out the problem with allowing them to stay on the air.

It's not nice to be psychoanalyzed without consent is it? Or is it only you who can play devil's advocate?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just like to play devil's advocate and keep a good conversation going. So you have a show featuring Amish or ex-Amish as it is, I've seem a lot of Amish shows in the last few years. We know that these ex-Amish come from a sect where incest and sexual abuse of a child is maybe more prevalent than in mainstream America. There might be a good chance that one or more of the people they are putting on the TV are a sex offender (but it has never been reported and swept under the rug). Would there be as big as a fall out as there is to the Duggars if some children came out and reported the Ex-Amish guys were sex offenders? Cake Boss had a child molester on their show, unbeknownst to the network or Buddy, and ended up being convicted and sentenced to heavy jail-time. The guy on Cake Boss wasn't a 14 yr old kid getting his kicks off of being touchy, feely with a few of his sisters (which I know is gross), but the Cake Boss guy was like a 30- something year old man molesting via intercourse a 13 yr old girl multiple times. The network didn't cancel the show, they just edited the guy out and pretended like it was nothing.. life went on for Buddy and his cakes. Maybe the one who comes the closest to knowing the backlash of child sexual abuse is Mama June. But c'mon June was dating the man who had sexually molested her daughter Anna and then she had him around her other daughters and was sleeping with him to boot. Now that is pretty damn disgusting. In my eyes Mama June is a bigger sick twisted pervert than even sexually repressed Josh Duggar. What kind of mther sleeps with someone you know molested your child?. I still can't wrap my head around that one. So Mama June pays the ultimate price, she's given the TLC ax.

So what we have is an sample of America, the uber religious folks, the Southern bumpkins, the city savvy North-easterners and what is one thing they all have in common? Child sex abuse. WOW... it's here, it is there. it is everyone and for the most part we don't really think too much of it, we read about it in the newspaper everyday.. everyday there is a case of child abuse in some fashion being reported and it is right in front of us and we don't pay much attention to it. BUT omg, when it happens to be a Duggar we are all consumed and we are going to lead the parade that is going to break Josh Duggar because he did this horrific act and his parents handled it all wrong and they are the worst family in the World because they acted all squeaky clean but they weren't, so they are hypocrits and it is our job to bring them down and put an end to Gothardism because Gothardism is the thing that caused Josh Duggar to do what he did. So is this a slam against Duggars, really? Or is it a slam against something bigger, something more powerful and more scary? I think we come across as being a little bit of a hypocrit ourselves if we say we fight this fight for the victims and to make sure no one else falls victims to Gothard and his teachings. But really aren't what we are fighting the fight for is because of our own belief systems that are unlike the teachings of Fundamental religious sects/Quiverfull and Gothard included. I think we need to be honest about why we are here or what we are doing. It's not that we are upset about the victims of sexual abuse, because if we were maybe we would be more proactive in our own communities trying to fight this widespread and disgusting crime. What we are fighting for is to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the way the Duggars believe is evil and rabid mostly because it is not of what we believe in mainstream America? Again, I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm playing the role of devils advocate.

1) The abuse by a 14 yo is bad.

2) The way it was handled by the parents was worse.

3) The fact that the parents went ahead after the abuse to peddle their family and their way of life as being morally superior and an example to be followed, why they simultaneously, actively worked the political arena to deny others their rights, is the WORST.

Abuse happens in all walks of life.

Many times it is handled poorly

Most people do not go on to step #3 above^. What we are fighting against is the entire package, particularly how the rigid, cult lifestyle played into the entire incident, and how many layers of the cult were involved in the coverup.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cake Boss is a show with contestants, and contestants come and go. Like a game show. Game shows don't have religion or ideology or political influence. The Duggar show isn't a game show, the cast is static, it's not feasible to to blip one person out and say that their toxic influence is somehow mitigated..

Actually Cake Boss is a show about a baker (Buddy) and his bakery. And since much of his family works at or helps with the bakery, his family.

The Cake Boss thing has come up in a few articles recently about issues with TLC shows. The Cake Boss molester is a terrible person. But the difference with Cake Boss is that Buddy and the rest of the family didn't know about the abuse and reacted (at least publicly) appropriately to his arrest.

This is unlike Mama June who started dating her daughter's molester again well after his conviction or the Duggars who knew about molestation and successfully hid it until after the statute of limitations was up.

And with Cake Boss, even though it was a regular reality show with regular "characters" the molester had been in limited episodes so was fairly easy to edit out or just pull a few episodes out of the rerun line-up.

In my opinion, I don't think any of the other Duggar kids deserve spin-offs. I think the whole family has lied about other things not related to the Josh incidents. I think both couples need to man up and learn to survive financially without Boob or TLC.

I'm not a lawyer, but I assume there are contract issues involved in simply canceling the show. Jim Bob and Michelle would sign the contact that covers the minor children, but everyone 18 and older would have their own contacts. Thesee contacts usually have morals clauses, so it's probably relatively easy to cancel the contracts with JB & Michelle and Josh & Anna. But Jill and Jessa haven't done anything wrong. That may be why they're talking about a show featuring the two of them.

Then again there may be clauses in their contracts that relate to being part of a show with other specified people. Their contracts may specify that they're for a show called 19 Kids and Counting and canceling that show cancels their contracts. There are a lot of possibilities.

But my point is that it might not be so easy for TLC to simply cancel the show. I never watched Honey Boo Boo. Was it mainly the Mom and kid? If the other adults were more minor characters, they would have contacts that they're just making an appearance on someone else's show. So it was easy to cancel that show.

1) The abuse by a 14 yo is bad.

2) The way it was handled by the parents was worse.

3) The fact that the parents went ahead after the abuse to peddle their family and their way of life as being morally superior and an example to be followed, why they simultaneously, actively worked the political arena to deny others their rights, is the WORST.

Abuse happens in all walks of life.

Many times it is handled poorly

Most people do not go on to step #3 above^. What we are fighting against is the entire package, particularly how the rigid, cult lifestyle played into the entire incident, and how many layers of the cult were involved in the coverup.

I was going to post something similar, but this is right to the point. Thank you.

Actually Cake Boss is a show about a baker (Buddy) and his bakery. And since much of his family works at or helps with the bakery, his family.

The Cake Boss thing has come up in a few articles recently about issues with TLC shows. The Cake Boss molester is a terrible person. But the difference with Cake Boss is that Buddy and the rest of the family didn't know about the abuse and reacted (at least publicly) appropriately to his arrest.

This is unlike Mama June who started dating her daughter's molester again well after his conviction or the Duggars who knew about molestation and successfully hid it until after the statute of limitations was up.

And with Cake Boss, even though it was a regular reality show with regular "characters" the molester had been in limited episodes so was fairly easy to edit out or just pull a few episodes out of the rerun line-up.

Ok, thanks for clarification. I have it confused with a different show.

I went ahead and googled the information, and it turns out to be his brother in law that got sentenced in a sexual assault case:

cbsnews.com/news/remy-gonzalez-cake-boss-star-buddy-valastros-brother-in-law-sentenced-in-sex-assault-case

If the brother in law wasn't a prominent member like Josh than I can see why TLC didn't pull the show. Like you pointed out, the fact that they responded appropriately to discovery of his crime is important too. Buddy can't choose who his brother in law is, either.

I'm not a lawyer, but I assume there are contract issues involved in simply canceling the show. Jim Bob and Michelle would sign the contact that covers the minor children, but everyone 18 and older would have their own contacts. Thesee contacts usually have morals clauses, so it's probably relatively easy to cancel the contracts with JB & Michelle and Josh & Anna. But Jill and Jessa haven't done anything wrong. That may be why they're talking about a show featuring the two of them.

Then again there may be clauses in their contracts that relate to being part of a show with other specified people. Their contracts may specify that they're for a show called 19 Kids and Counting and canceling that show cancels their contracts. There are a lot of possibilities.

But my point is that it might not be so easy for TLC to simply cancel the show. I never watched Honey Boo Boo. Was it mainly the Mom and kid? If the other adults were more minor characters, they would have contacts that they're just making an appearance on someone else's show. So it was easy to cancel that show.

Good post, thank you. I was wondering the same thing since TLC hasn't canceled 19KaC, i.e. contract issues. I'm wondering if the Duggars have legal leverage and are somehow delaying the process? Without a statement either way I guess we'll all be left guessing.

I didn't see much of Honey Boo Boo, but the episodes I did see featured the entire family. Mama June is prominent, but then she and Alana were the ones who appeared on Toddlers and Tiaras before getting their own show. I imagine they were the prime focus so TLC was right to pull it when Mama June started her crap.

If the girls have separate contracts then I can see why TLC would give them their own spin off until the contracts are up. I will understand if TLC fulfills those contracts, allow them to stay on long enough to wrap up the Duggar saga before having them sign off for good. What I won't forgive is if they sign new contracts with other family members and continue to give this family a platform for their extreme beliefs indefinitely.

IMO teaching girls that their sole purpose on earth is to serve their husband and pop out children like a toaster is right up there with the Taliban. I can't believe TLC allowed this, in fact it's frustrating that they knew about the sexist ideology and still kept it on the air. I also can't believe they kept it on the air after the robocalls against LGBTQA people were made. To what point is TLC going to be responsible and say enough is enough? What's next - TLC's KKK family values? There is a difference between airing a tv show that features people from unusual backgrounds and giving a platform to bigoted ideology.

Good post, thank you. I was wondering the same thing since TLC hasn't canceled 19KaC, i.e. contract issues. I'm wondering if the Duggars have legal leverage and are somehow delaying the process? Without a statement either way I guess we'll all be left guessing.

I didn't see much of Honey Boo Boo, but the episodes I did see featured the entire family. Mama June is prominent, but then she and Alana were the ones who appeared on Toddlers and Tiaras before getting their own show. I imagine they were the prime focus so TLC was right to pull it when Mama June started her crap.

If the girls have separate contracts then I can see why TLC would give them their own spin off until the contracts are up. I will understand if TLC fulfills those contracts, allow them to stay on long enough to wrap up the Duggar saga before having them sign off for good. What I won't forgive is if they sign new contracts with other family members and continue to give this family a platform for their extreme beliefs indefinitely.

IMO teaching girls that their sole purpose on earth is to serve their husband and pop out children like a toaster is right up there with the Taliban. I can't believe TLC allowed this, in fact it's frustrating that they knew about the sexist ideology and still kept it on the air. I also can't believe they kept it on the air after the robocalls against LGBTQA people were made. To what point is TLC going to be responsible and say enough is enough? What's next - TLC's KKK family values? There is a difference between airing a tv show that features people from unusual backgrounds and giving a platform to bigoted ideology.

Thank you Skul for your thoughtful comments on this subject, in fact thank you to everyone for keeping it going. As I've said my views are very similiar to your own. What I think and feel about the Duggars and their "religion/cult" is not unlike your own. But I have a habit of really liking to devour a topic and to see it from different angles and views, kind of tear it apart. Unfortunately as you know, I can't have an intelligent discussion on message boards, Free Jinger is the only place to come to with people who will really discuss in its entirety the entire situation from A to Z. So thank you all for humoring me !

Thank you Skul for your thoughtful comments on this subject, in fact thank you to everyone for keeping it going. As I've said my views are very similiar to your own. What I think and feel about the Duggars and their "religion/cult" is not unlike your own. But I have a habit of really liking to devour a topic and to see it from different angles and views, kind of tear it apart. Unfortunately as you know, I can't have an intelligent discussion on message boards, Free Jinger is the only place to come to with people who will really discuss in its entirety the entire situation from A to Z. So thank you all for humoring me !

The Duggars aren't in production (i.e. no cameras currently following them around) so TLC can take a wait and see approach. If Jim The Soundman and crew were there, it would've been a different story.

The show can be canceled at will by TLC-- whether they have contracts in place that will still guarantee them money is a separate issue. Remember HBB was cancelled, but cast was still paid for rest of season. There is NO WAY that any network would let talent dictate what they do or don't program.

Here's an example in regular TV-- Conan was guaranteed X amount of Tonight Shows. In the contract if they wanted to take him off the The Tonight Show, they'd have to pay him X amount of dollars to buy him out of contract, which they did ($45 million). In exchange, Conan was not allowed on TV for X amount of months.

TLC will be watching the reaction to the Fox interview. And this may not be the only interview. I'm sure the Duggars can find a lot of sympathetic ears or willing to be sympathetic enough if it means a Duggar interview. Maybe this is the beginning of the Apology Tour. Depending on how well they are received, expect to see an interview with Joshie and Anna sitting by his side. Americans L-O-V-E when people humble themselves and apologize. Duggers can then add the backlash they are receiving. Suddenly they become victims. FJ'rs know the Duggars as opportunistic crazies, but to the rest of the world? They are just God-fearing folks.

Or maybe they won't have to-- clips of the show will be available for additional broadcast...think about a show like Home and Family on Hallmark... I can see them taking a what's in the past is past... or what will Kathy Lee & Hoda say when they show clips? (Im assuming those shows are still on air in US)

I really have been off of TLC lately. We are not a Nilson family, so I don't think it would affect anyone - other then how I feel about supporting substandard tv.

As far as a Spin Off show goes, maybe it would be best for everyone if the children learned to GET A JOB and live within normal family means. I am sure JB and Michelle will take a cut of what ever the siblings earn regardless.

And for the younger ones, its most likely better for them in the long run not to be under the "tv spotlight" so much.

I really have been off of TLC lately. We are not a Nilson family, so I don't think it would affect anyone - other then how I feel about supporting substandard tv.

As far as a Spin Off show goes, maybe it would be best for everyone if the children learned to GET A JOB and live within normal family means. I am sure JB and Michelle will take a cut of what ever the siblings earn regardless.

And for the younger ones, its most likely better for them in the long run not to be under the "tv spotlight" so much.

The only benefit I see for the younger ones being on TV and getting out in the World more is it probably has opened up their eyes to the fact that the World is not as terrible of a place that their parents try to make it out to be. I only hope that their experiences will carry them into adulthood when they will realize that they can become anything they want to be and will use this knowledge to create a life they want and not a life that their parent's want them to have.

Archived