IGNORED

We are in Gawker's Take Down of the Bates

nelliebelle1197

Some side notes on this crazy family for future reference.

Lake City is now officially renamed to Rocky Top.

Also Kelly has had several court judgments regarding medical debts.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Duggars, ATI and Gothard were discussed on Good Morning American AGAIN today, in the context of where Josh was sent for "counseling." I told my husband, "Stick a fork in the Duggars, they're done!" They were also talking abandonment by major advertisers (including WalMart).

With HuffPo publishing reproductions of the ATI materials on sexual abuse and other Web sites picking up that part of the story, the word is getting around and the general populace is getting exposed to Gothrd-ism in all it's ugly and destructive glory. GMA was also noting the charges against Gothard, his resignation, and Gothard's resignation statement.

The announcer pronounced Gothard's name as Go-Thard -- it made it sound as though he is an intergalactic war lord in a galaxy far away. I've always pronounced it Goth-ard, with the accent on the first syllable. Not sure now which is correct. Not one has opted for the Got-Hard pronunciation, which would have been funny.

Anyway, getting back to the Bates, they may be circling the drain with the Duggars, since they are Gothard leg humpers as well. It would be so ironic if the ATI connection brings it all down.

interesting Walmart pulled out. I wonder if Walmart will tell Derrick he can't be on the show anymore since we all know he works at Walmart HQ.

interesting Walmart pulled out. I wonder if Walmart will tell Derrick he can't be on the show anymore since we all know he works at Walmart HQ.

Derick isn't of a level where he will have an employment contract with Walmart. C-suite, Directors, Vps will have to get permission usually for second jobs but not anyone lower. And I doubt this violates any other emploment clause.

Derick isn't of a level where he will have an emploement contract with Walmart. C-suite, Directors, Vps will have to get permission usually for second jobs but not anyone lower. And I doubt this violates any other emploment clause.

The best thing Walmart could do is to offer Derick a decent position as far away as possible from the Duggar compound. I think Derick works at the headquarters? But I guess that such a big company as Walmart also has offices in other states where he could work?

The best thing Walmart could do is to offer Derick a decent position as far away as possible from the Duggar compound. I think Derick works at the headquarters? But I guess that such a big company as Walmart also has offices in other states where he could work?

He isn't qualified to be a store manager and the Home Office pretty much handles everything unless you are regional manager or work at a distribution center. if you work at Wal-Mart Home Office you are pretty much stuck in Bentonville.

regarding people waking up about the Duggers/Bates/ATI/Gothard, more and more people are talking about it and posting things on my Facebook feed. I keep my fundie obsession to myself so my Facebook was free of any of it before hand. will people continue to be upset enough for the entire ship to go down? I don’t think so, but the Bates or other high level fundie persons are for sure sweating bullets and doing damage control. I do not like to wish ill on people but I am enjoying thinking about them losing sleep over all of this.

This is a really good blog article that was posted today its a ‘letter’ to the family, the person claims to know the culture. trendyand2kids.wordpress.com/2015/05/23/dear-duggars-sincerely-me/

Also Kelly has had several court judgments regarding medical debts.

why is not god paying those bills? I mean god made the children and he is not supporting them? should take him to family court for child support.

If the 19 kids and Bates show are gone, then what?

I doubt the Bates show will stop airing. They're on Up TV which is "family friendly" or code for 'conservative propaganda' ... I remember when I was a kid every time I heard something was 'family friendly' it would be some horrible Focus on the Family type thing.

According to Up TV they are running a Bates special this Sunday uptv.com/schedule/05-31-2015/

Not really for what he does. My mom was a mid-level executive there and home office is really home office/

I'm so glad you posted this as a separate thread. My post count is not high enough for me to start a thread (and as a long time lurker who has recently started posting a bit more, I am still not sure yet when something is "new thread" worthy or not). I had posted it earlier this AM on the Bates Family thread but didn't know if it would get seen there.

Although I hate hate hate that all this has come about at the victims expense and I wish it had been a different way, it is nice to see this side of their "hidden" lives shown for what it really is. I had mentioned some of the terrible things that the Duggars/Bates do not explain on their shows to my mom a while back and now that this is all going on in the media/news, she keeps sending me links and reading more. Hopefully it will reach at least a few people on the fence about ATI/IBLP and make them rethink their choices.

If the 19 kids and Bates show are gone, then what?

We are all happy? There are enough fundies out there to snark on that FJ isn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon, if that is what you meant.

why is not god paying those bills? I mean god made the children and he is not supporting them? should take him to family court for child support.

Why does god need to pay the bills, when your son will do it.

Why does god need to pay the bills, when your son will do it.

so god can look good of course. the sons don't seem to be able to do it and they did not make the babies.

Derick isn't of a level where he will have an employment contract with Walmart. C-suite, Directors, Vps will have to get permission usually for second jobs but not anyone lower. And I doubt this violates any other employment clause.

Derick is most likely an "at will" employee, so Wal-Mart doesn't need a reason to fire him.

Derick isn't of a level where he will have an employment contract with Walmart. C-suite, Directors, Vps will have to get permission usually for second jobs but not anyone lower. And I doubt this violates any other emploment clause.

Maybe, maybe not. I have had to declare all my other jobs for conflict of interest statements. (In fact, when someone contacted my employer for my involvement here I was told as I was volunteering for a another not for profit (yeah they got the story wrong) I would need to declare it as well).

In my previous jobs I also had to as well.

Now he still might not have an issue, but that doesn't mean it absolutely isn't an issue. And I think like TN, AR is a right to work state so you don't have to have a contract or clause.

We are all happy? There are enough fundies out there to snark on that FJ isn't going to be going anywhere anytime soon, if that is what you meant.

I was one of "those people" who watched the show and thought "yep, they're a bit weird but to each their own". I've had friends who were Pentecostal (I think) and the gals only wore dresses and had long hair (but not tons of kiddos) and I thought the Duggars were like them. The only forums I frequented were Big Brother and Survivor.

While waiting for baby D to make his entrance I started googling and ran across a link to FJ. I had never heard the term fundie before and in the last couple months of reading all the previous threads I've sure had my eyes opened. Thanks FJ for that :)

so god can look good of course. the sons don't seem to be able to do it and they did not make the babies.

For a while, one of the boys, I think Lawson was paying the bills because his parents couldn't because they were too busy making babies and doing whatever else it was for either of them to get a job and pay their bills themselves.

Maybe, maybe not. I have had to declare all my other jobs for conflict of interest statements. (In fact, when someone contacted my employer for my involvement here I was told as I was volunteering for a another not for profit (yeah they got the story wrong) I would need to declare it as well).

In my previous jobs I also had to as well.

Now he still might not have an issue, but that doesn't mean it absolutely isn't an issue. And I think like TN, AR is a right to work state so you don't have to have a contract or clause.

That is what I am saying. Unless he is an executive with a contract where he has things like stock grants, bonuses, house purchase, moving costs, non compete clause, etc spelled out it is unlikely he has any contract at all. So unless he violates some morals clause in the employee handbook Walmart Home Office will not care what he does while off their time.

And as his name isn't on the walmart list of executives, vps or directors it is safe to say he isnt high level enough fornthem to care.

Now if he were capitalizing on Wal-Mart via TLC they might have a problem.

That is what I am saying. Unless he is an executive with a contract where he has things like stock grants, bonuses, house purchase, moving costs, non compete clause, etc spelled out it is unlikely he has any contract at all. So unless he violates some morals clause in the employee handbook Walmart Home Office will not care what he does while off their time.

And as his name isn't on the walmart list of executives, vps or directors it is safe to say he isnt high level enough fornthem to care.

Now if he were capitalizing on Wal-Mart via TLC they might have a problem.

And I am saying that he might.

I would be able to be on a reality show and keep my job.

And I am saying that he might.

I would be able to be on a reality show and keep my job.

HE might what?

He might have a problem. He might be able to be fired. He might have Walmart care what he does. I am not saying they do, but they certainly have every legal right to do so in Arkansas. And his level doesn't really matter that much.

He might have a problem. He might be able to be fired. He might have Walmart care what he does. I am not saying they do, but they certainly have every legal right to do so in Arkansas. And his level doesn't really matter that much.

Right. Different employers, different policies.

I could be on a reality show IF (and only if) I never identified where I worked in any official capacity. A basic term of employment with my (also Fortune 500) company is that we are not permitted to associate the company as employees with personal values, political agendas, etc. What you do on your own time is your business, so long as you leave the company out of it completely.

Wal*Mart might have something similar. They might have looked the other way while it was good press. But since it is now BAD press, they may invoke that clause and give Derick issues because they very publicly and officially multiple times associated him with the company.

The Duggars never had to say where Derick worked. They never had to name Wal*Mart. But they did, so Wal*Mart could now try to disassociate with them.

I lowes on their facebook page I was disappointed they had not pulled advertising dollars? They deleted the question this bothers me. . . I have a Lowes Credit Card they dont have the answer the local store manager doesnt have an answer where do I go to ask??? :x

Right. Different employers, different policies.

I could be on a reality show IF (and only if) I never identified where I worked in any official capacity. A basic term of employment with my (also Fortune 500) company is that we are not permitted to associate the company as employees with personal values, political agendas, etc. What you do on your own time is your business, so long as you leave the company out of it completely.

Wal*Mart might have something similar. They might have looked the other way while it was good press. But since it is now BAD press, they may invoke that clause and give Derick issues because they very publicly and officially multiple times associated him with the company.

The Duggars never had to say where Derick worked. They never had to name Wal*Mart. But they did, so Wal*Mart could now try to disassociate with them.

Walmart is very PR savvy, I am sure a dozen HR lawyers and PR execs looked at this and realized Derick wasn't actually making money on TV as a walmart worker. He just happens to be a Walmart worker who also is on TV.

They also realize there will be a backlash if he is fired simply because his brother in law might have molested his wife or did molest some of his wife's sisters and the family was on a TV show that had nothing to do with Walmart.

Archived