IGNORED

Sad News - Tabby Brown Has Passed Away

SheWhoIsObeyed

Tabby was married at 14.

http://www.mocavo.com/Theodorie-Brown-T ... 6023760682. (Not breaking link since it's public information.)

By the time she was about 20 she had 5 kids I think I remember her posting.

Who were the fuckers who thought it was okay to marry off a 14-year-old? Um, child bride, anyone? Any shame on the doctors who didn't intervene when someone so young was repeatedly pregnant starting at 14! Shame on so many people.

I was forced by my parents to get married at 15 because I was pregnant. I don't think they knew any better. It wasn't unusual for girls to marry very young in my culture 50 years ago. Still doesn't make it right. We had to get a judges permission because I was so young. My other female siblings also all got pregnant as teenagers and married the fathers.

So much pain and heartache as a result. My sisters are all still married. I'm the only one divorced. I am also the only one who has had any kind of meaningful therapy.

And yes it's Plain Torah Keeper. Her photo is on the obit.

This makes me so sad. I don't think I ever commented on threads about her before but I contacted her a few times during my last fundie years and I've been quietly checking her blog out every so often.

She reminds me a lot of my parents. Both my parents for the most part had horrible, abusive upbringings. Getting into strict religion was their way of trying to achieve "the perfect family" because they didn't know any other way. They had no sources, they had no one else to help them. They were all alone and were trying to do the right thing as best as they could.

Even though Tabby was only 14 years older than me, I guess she felt motherly to me. I feel like she was in the same situation, just trying to do the best for her and her kids without having the support and right resources to steer her in any other direction.

I am just glad she is no longer in pain.

She was only 3 years older then me. Does anyone know how young she was when she got married.

Can't believe I struck out the right number for the wrong one: I turn 42 in a few months.

Who were the fuckers who thought it was okay to marry off a 14-year-old? Um, child bride, anyone? Any shame on the doctors who didn't intervene when someone so young was repeatedly pregnant starting at 14! Shame on so many people.

Seriously, I hope the karma bus ran over whoever thought "well, this 14 year old is pregnant by a 22-year-old... I know, let's MAKE HER MARRY HIM!"

Such sad news.

I can say [based on speaking to her years ago] she tried her best with what life threw at her. During most of the time that I knew her, she was not very well and even now reading of her passing saddens me as I never knew how sick she actually was. I do know that she loved people and tried to help and advise other ladies, she loved God and spent many many hours searching for who He was.

I am hoping that all the searching she did has given her that peace and that she is now at rest.

RiP Tab, gone but not forgotten.

RIP. Poor Tabby you deserved so much better. If there is an afterlife I hope you are getting the reward you so deserve.

This makes me so sad. I don't think I ever commented on threads about her before but I contacted her a few times during my last fundie years and I've been quietly checking her blog out every so often.

She reminds me a lot of my parents. Both my parents for the most part had horrible, abusive upbringings. Getting into strict religion was their way of trying to achieve "the perfect family" because they didn't know any other way. They had no sources, they had no one else to help them. They were all alone and were trying to do the right thing as best as they could.

Even though Tabby was only 14 years older than me, I guess she felt motherly to me. I feel like she was in the same situation, just trying to do the best for her and her kids without having the support and right resources to steer her in any other direction.

I am just glad she is no longer in pain.

RIP Tabby. I'm glad she's no longer in pain, and I think she deserved better in life, so if there's an afterlife, I like to think she's getting the rewards she should have had in this life.

I never really followed Tabby, but her death still saddens me.

But one question remains: who marries off a 14 old girl? and how is this even possible or legal?

In TX, it's legal for a 14 yo to be married off with parental and/or judicial consent. In New Hampshire, it's 13 for girls. They're more likely to be granted permission if the girl is pg. Pretty fucked up.

Archived