IGNORED

Kelly & Gil LIVE at all three Summer IBLP Family Conferences

nelliebelle1197

Thanks formergothardite. There is so much wrong with all that, I don't even know how to express it!

Do we think the Duggars showed up at the Nashville conference? Has anyone checked relevant Twitter hashtags and such? I hope they had to cancel and forfeit their speaking fees. :evil:

Chris Hogan is a featured speaker for at least two events.

He's the noblecall.org guy and the one who did "marriage counseling" with JB and M on the show. Props included rebar.

I too wonder whether the Duggars showed up in Nashville or just sent videos.

I too wonder whether the Duggars showed up in Nashville or just sent videos.

In the days leading up to the conference, the IBLP Family Conferences website said the Duggars would be featured by video, not live. However, like others here, I don't know if they were actually featured this past week or not. They are still listed as appearing by video for upcoming conferences in Sacramento and the Twin Cities.

In the days leading up to the conference, the IBLP Family Conferences website said the Duggars would be featured by video, not live. However, like others here, I don't know if they were actually featured this past week or not. They are still listed as appearing by video for upcoming conferences in Sacramento and the Twin Cities.

Many thanks for the clarification.

Have there been any leaks from the Nashville conference yet? I'd like to know whether they did appear by video and what they said.

My guess is that the Duggars will not be dropped from the line-up but they will be nervous at about appearing in person, so video only. They will have reworked the script, however. They will now talk about how they and IBLP are being persecuted, both for their Christian beliefs and for protecting their crime committing son from ebil non-Christian government consequences.

God forgives true Christians like the Duggars and IBLP/ATI people even though the ebil general public doesn't understand. They walk with the LORD and are persecuted but it makes them stronger in their faith. !!!1111!!!eleventy!!!!1111!!!!

Many thanks for the clarification.

Have there been any leaks from the Nashville conference yet? I'd like to know whether they did appear by video and what they said.

My guess is that the Duggars will not be dropped from the line-up but they will be nervous at about appearing in person, so video only. They will have reworked the script, however. They will now talk about how they and IBLP are being persecuted, both for their Christian beliefs and for protecting their crime committing son from ebil non-Christian government consequences.

God forgives true Christians like the Duggars and IBLP/ATI people even though the ebil general public doesn't understand. They walk with the LORD and are persecuted but it makes them stronger in their faith. !!!1111!!!eleventy!!!!1111!!!!

Hi, Palimpsest. No problem! :)

So, I guess IBLP is sticking to its guns regarding its association with the Duggars, even making no effort to hide it from the view of the general public.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at one of these events! You gotta wonder what conversations occurred in the hallways in the wake of the Duggar revelations this past week!

SM Davis' parenting philosophy worked so well in his own family that he found the need to send his own daughter to Hephzibah House (which has been discussed extensively on FJ in the past, but I think it may have been in the Yuku days).

Aside - There is plenty on the internet about Hephzibah House. Warning: It's a rabbit hole.

Oh. My. God. I could have happily lived the rest of my life without falling down that rabbit hole.

This story is particularly horrifying:

hephzibah-girls.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/story-of-baby-s-as-witnesses-by-susan.html

Trigger warning: Physical abuse of an infant.

Oh. My. God. I could have happily lived the rest of my life without falling down that rabbit hole.

hephzibah-girls.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/story-of-baby-s-as-witnesses-by-susan.html

Yes.

Everything about Hephzibah House needs a trigger warning.

These people are monsters :shock:

They are definitely taking their chance and slithering into the voids left by the Duggars. No question or doubt in my mind. They are reveling in the Duggar status of fear, doubt and question. Taking total and complete advantage of it. They so want to be the number one family of 19 kids!

They are definitely taking their chance and slithering into the voids left by the Duggars. No question or doubt in my mind. They are reveling in the Duggar status of fear, doubt and question. Taking total and complete advantage of it. They so want to be the number one family of 19 kids!

I think they have a chance of being successful. They know how to put on a good show of being open minded and how to make their evil beliefs palatable. I want this family off television just as much as I wanted the Duggars.

I now suspect that the higher ups at ATI/IBLP have always been aware of the molestation skeleton in the Duggar closet. There has just never been an adequate explanation of why Gil Bates was appointed to the ATI board as opposed to Jim Bob Duggar. JB had 19 kids first. He was far more financially successful than Gil even before the TV show. He had held public office, and he was spreading Gothardism locally. Yet two years ago, Gil gets the seat on the board, and all his daughters have made ATI power matches. JBs daughters have both gone outside ATI to marry. This molestation scandal was not a surprise in the power circles of ATI. As a result, they limited JBs access to the very top.

I'll give that shiftless grifter Gil Bates due credit here: he has carefully studied what doses the mainstream can take of ATI, and adjusted the vibe his family gives off accordingly. He is much more dangerous than Jim Bob in terms of having his ideas accepted by the mainstream.

I now suspect that the higher ups at ATI/IBLP have always been aware of the molestation skeleton in the Duggar closet. There has just never been an adequate explanation of why Gil Bates was appointed to the ATI board as opposed to Jim Bob Duggar. JB had 19 kids first. He was far more financially successful than Gil even before the TV show. He had held public office, and he was spreading Gothardism locally. Yet two years ago, Gil gets the seat on the board, and all his daughters have made ATI power matches. JBs daughters have both gone outside ATI to marry. This molestation scandal was not a surprise in the power circles of ATI. As a result, they limited JBs access to the very top.

I'll give that shiftless grifter Gil Bates due credit here: he has carefully studied what doses the mainstream can take of ATI, and adjusted the vibe his family gives off accordingly. He is much more dangerous than Jim Bob in terms of having his ideas accepted by the mainstream.

It looks like Joshy not only messed with any female he could put his hands on but he screwed his whole family and he's still screwing them. It's almost poetic in a sick sort of way.

This is probably another version of this:

iblp.org/questions/how-can-i-meet-my-wifes-basic-needs

If my husband wanted to talk to me and then asked "So how do you really feel about getting old, becoming unattractive to me, failing as a wife, and me cheating on you with another women? Be honest about your feelings, this is important." I would be very concerned about our marriage.

Those quotes make Gil sound so insecure about his masculinity that he checks every few minutes to ensure no one has stolen his penis.

He's willing to publicly humiliate his wife - y' know, the person with whom he has sex and procreates - by making her sound as if she is an empty-headed child who needs a firm hand. It's offensive and I'm not sure how or why Kelly puts up with it.

I wouldn't deliberately treat my husband with contempt, let alone with the toxic level of it Gil apparently has for the mother of his children. (If I didn't respect my husband, I'd never have married him. If I saw him as incapable of consent, and in need of minding, I'd never sleep with him.)

Gil apparently has a gift for turning his incorrect understanding of a specific Biblical passage - in this case, a verse condemning spousal abuse - into an a whole speech about how to treat one's wife as if she were a dim-witted six-year-old (including when to be "firm" or "lenient").

'Hey Kelly - tell me how you really feel about the potential I might trade you in for a younger model? Because you're getting old and we all know how women are universally jealous cretins whose only contributions to a marriage are made of breast milk and sex.'

Kelly's talk must surely be a veiled discussion about how to continually feed the ego of a man-child who is willing to publicly humiliate his wife in exchange for personal fame.

Gil is definitely "preaching" well within the parameters of the ATI hierarchy on how to treat a wife. At one time I had watched some videos done by Chris Hogan, whom Palimpsest refers to above. I'm pretty sure his wife has dumbed herself down to the level of a 6 year old. She has an empty head, a vacuous stare, and goes over her daily tasks with her husband every morning. They are considered a model couple in that set.

I think you are giving the higher ups in IBLP a little too much credit. I don't think having this skeleton in his closet would disqualify Jim Bob. IBLP has so many abuse skeletons that they have run out of closets to hide them in. I get the impression that Jim Bob likes to be in control and won't let himself be bossed around. THAT would disqualify him from being brought into Gothard's inner circle. Gothard only wants mindless people who will help cover up abuse and never question him. That seems to be Gil.

I agree that Gil and Kelly are way more dangerous than Jim Bob and Michelle.

Jim Bob is too much of a control freak to be on the board like Gil Bates. Besides scandal wise for IBLP , the misadventures of Pilsbury Pervert, Derpy Daddy, & Moronic Mommy is probably PG by their "standards".

I'll definitely defer to formergothardite's take on why JB never made the IBLP board. It was just always such a glaring slap in the face to him from where I was viewing it. I can definitely see how he would not be considered "obedient" enough.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone checked out Gil Bate's bio on the IBLP site recently? In light of recent events, it's not to be missed. Check it out before someone wakes up and changes it:

iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors

Archived