IGNORED

Coloring for Grownups

Geechee Girl

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup - and i'm still waiting on my prismacolor scholars from amazon.  

I don't color but I was looking to maybe order a couple for my mom. I thought that one would be perfect for her, but she would fail to see the humor in it. And again, I would be subject to a litany of my failures as a daughter and as a human. :my_sick: Like I haven't heard it all before.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Witherwings said:

I still want to be added to the coloring group! Pretty Please :)

I thought you were!  Let's try tagging @Curious again...

Just now, Witherwings said:

I don't think so. I have looked and tried to figure out how to post.

No, I see that you aren't yet.  I haven't seen a lot of Curious lately so maybe she's been busy, but I know she will be happy to add you.  Hopefully she will see your request very soon.  

11 hours ago, Fascinated said:

No, I see that you aren't yet.  I haven't seen a lot of Curious lately so maybe she's been busy, but I know she will be happy to add you.  Hopefully she will see your request very soon.  

I can wait. :) Until then, I will color some more.

Just so you know, the admin are aware of Witherwing's request and they will get to it when they can today.  It will happen sooner than later in the grand scheme of things.

As in...now.

• 4 weeks later...

I grabbed Mandala Magic from b&n yesterday. 

I also saw these and giggled:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I need some input. I started this page without first planning my colors. I feel like the bed needs one more color for the sheet and throw blanket. 

Ideas? 

@Curious @Fascinated @caszandra @Tikobaby Anyone can chime in, but I thought I'd tag a few of you. :)

ETA -  the long pillow is silver. And the dresser will be mostly silver for a mirrored look. 

20160616_113228.jpg

@iweartanktops I have just started a page from Pampered Pets and the first part colour combo I'm using is a blue like yours in the picture and magenta, they look really great together. I think a nice bright red would also go well. HTH a bit :marker:

Thanks for tagging me, @iweartanktops, and, first off, I want to say how great it looks already!  I absolutely love what you've done so far.  With regards to your question, I am seeing red, maybe with the blanket fringe in the existing blue or yellowy tone. I'm getting stressed out because I would hate to steer you wrong. I hope our fellow colourists chime in. This is fun, though. Can't wait for other opinions and to see what your decision will be. What colours are you toying with?

1 minute ago, caszandra said:

@iweartanktops I have just started a page from Pampered Pets and the first part colour combo I'm using is a blue like yours in the picture and magenta, they look really great together. I think a nice bright red would also go well. HTH a bit :marker:

Thanks. Yes, I was considering using a bright orange/red. 

I knew you'd all understand that this is a serious matter. 

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

I am seeing red, maybe with the blanket fringe in the existing blue or yellowy tone.

Yes, this would be a good combo or with the orange you are considering. I'm chuffed you thought of me to ask, that has made my day after it being so shitty.

21 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I feel like the bed needs one more color for the sheet and throw blanket. 

I like to use orange with blue.   You could also just use several different shades of blue on the throw blanket to give is a kind of variegated look.   Looks great so far!

Maybe the throw in the yellow the pillows are with the same blue for the tassles...or the throw red with yellow or blue tassles in the colors you've already used...or the throw in a lighter complimentary blue with the dark blue you've used already for the tassles. 

Thanks, everyone! I'll post an update when I finish the blanket. I went with a red/orange, but definitely more red. I'm thinking yellow for the fringe. This book is awesome, by the way! 

3 hours ago, Curious said:

I like to use orange with blue.   You could also just use several different shades of blue on the throw blanket to give is a kind of variegated look.   Looks great so far!

Oh, good idea! I wish I had seen this before I started. 

3 hours ago, caszandra said:

Yes, this would be a good combo or with the orange you are considering. I'm chuffed you thought of me to ask, that has made my day after it being so shitty.

Of course! I'm sorry your day sucks. I hope it's turning around! 

3 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Thanks for tagging me, @iweartanktops, and, first off, I want to say how great it looks already!  I absolutely love what you've done so far.  With regards to your question, I am seeing red, maybe with the blanket fringe in the existing blue or yellowy tone. I'm getting stressed out because I would hate to steer you wrong. I hope our fellow colourists chime in. This is fun, though. Can't wait for other opinions and to see what your decision will be. What colours are you toying with?

I know! This shit is stressful! It makes me happy to have my Internet friends who understand these crucial decisions! 

Update coming. This blanket is time consuming and real life got in the way for a couple of hours. 

20160616_150743.jpg

That looks like a book I would enjoy, @iweartanktops.  I have SO many books but am uninspired and haven't coloured in ages. To the point that my dear husband is looking at me with a sort of side-eye which I take to mean: 'you've spent a fuckload of money on colouring supplies - and you aren't colouring anymore!'  So, maybe I will spend some more and get that book! To make him happy. 

P.S. You really don't need any advice about colours but it's fun to read everyone's input. I think what you've chosen will be gorgeous. 

Archived