IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 4

happy atheist

We have NO idea what the girls are doing. It appears to me that they have left some really severe comments up on their IG accounts, which might mean that they've gone to blackout status during this time, probably at their husbands' or father's request. Or maybe by their choice, which is what I hope most.

They may be TOTALLY unaware of how this is a national news event which shows no signs of slowing down. They may not have any idea that even a character like " Mama June" ( I only know about the cancellation of HBB, I do not know anything else about the show or the woman) has threatened to sue TLC if the Duggar show isn't cancelled..

They likely do not know that this is now international news, printed in U.K. news and other news or celeb. gossip sites ( usually these days there IS an overlap between the two on the Internet).

They may not know that so many of us are on the side of the girls, not Josh and certainly not on the side of James R. Duggar and his pal Bill Gothard, pedophile.

( I will never call him by the oh so folksy and familiar " Jim Bob" again!! He doesn't merit nickname status from me ever again).

We have no way to know what they know, or what their attitudes/ feelings are about this situation as it evolves.

I wish we could know that the girls/ young ladies are all OK,and doing well, but the truth is, we will NEVER know unless they do break away from the family firm and leave the compound far behind and choose then to speak out. Lots of ifs in there.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure where else to put this. Defamer is asking for stories/rumors/personal anecdotes about the Duggars. The start off with an account from a former crew member. Pretty much proves what many of us have suspected--that the claim that the family and crew are so close is a total lie:

http://defamer.gawker.com/tell-your-dug ... 1706502185

This does not surprise me in the least. I think the MIGHT have some relationship with some of the regulars like Mr Jim. But, Scott's reaction to being asked if Josie might be upset about the pooping pants incident pretty much stated that there's no real connection with the crew and their subjects.

I think the above story shows that the kids actually benefited in some way from the show. The travel obviously made a difference.

The threads have been going too fast for me to read them all so sorry if these has already been mentions. One of the things I cannot stop thinking about is that the sisters were sent to live with their molester to take care or his kids. He became the man in charge of their lives. I cannot imagine what was going through their heads. The Duggars would have everyone believe that everything has been forgiven and all is well. The problem is that the girls were raised to keep sweet and never show any anger or discontentment. Josh was "forgiven" because that is what the girls were told a good Christian would do. It is possible that they may have forgiven him but it is also possible that they didn't know they had a choice not to.

We have NO idea what the girls are doing. It appears to me that they have left some really severe comments up on their IG accounts, which might mean that they've gone to blackout status during this time, probably at their husbands' or father's request. Or maybe by their choice, which is what I hope most.

They may be TOTALLY unaware of how this is a national news event which shows no signs of slowing down. They may not have any idea that even a character like " Mama June" ( I only know about the cancellation of HBB, I do not know anything else about the show or the woman) has threatened to sue TLC if the Duggar show isn't cancelled..

They likely do not know that this is now international news, printed in U.K. news and other news or celeb. gossip sites ( usually these days there IS an overlap between the two on the Internet).

They may not know that so many of us are on the side of the girls, not Josh and certainly not on the side of James R. Duggar and his pal Bill Gothard, pedophile.

( I will never call him by the oh so folksy and familiar " Jim Bob" again!! He doesn't merit nickname status from me ever again).

We have no way to know what they know, or what their attitudes/ feelings are about this situation as it evolves.

I wish we could know that the girls/ young ladies are all OK,and doing well, but the truth is, we will NEVER know unless they do break away from the family firm and leave the compound far behind and choose then to speak out. Lots of ifs in there.

Cosign to all of this, but especially the part about how they might not even know how big this story is. I saw the HBO documentary about Scientology, and then read "Going Clear," the book it's based on. One of the things that stood out to me was how the ex-Scientologists said they never read a single negative word about Scientology while they were in the church. They were told to avoid anything negative and they did. And that wasn't just the rank and file Sea Org members...the famous, well-traveled celebrities were also completely unaware of the details of the negative press and just assumed it was religious discrimination. Imagine how much more ignorant the Duggars are about the very real problems of their lifestyles?

I think the above story shows that the kids actually benefited in some way from the show. The travel obviously made a difference.

There is no doubt in my mind that they benefitted from the show. But not as much as they could have.

I think I asked this in another thread, but I can't find it now.

IS there a summary posted somewhere of the police report? I had a hard time reading it with my older eyes.

Also, is it correct to call Josh a child molester? I mean yes, technically he molested children, but as a child himself at the time, who else would he have had access to?

I am not saying this to diminish the horror of what he did. I am just saying that the only victims that he had access to on a regular basis were children. This does not necessarily mean that he is a pedophile. Rather, it suggests that as a child, he took advantage of victims in close proximity and whom he has some authority over because as the oldest male child, he no doubt had some authority over the littles.

Josh is a creeper and likely his creepiness still exists, even if it might be more controlled now. I guess I am asking this question because I want some sort of reassurance that his own children will be safe. I want to know that he isn't attracted to children. It breaks my heart to think that he might be repressing sexual urges towards children and some day his defenses will weaken and his kids will be a risk.

IS there a summary posted somewhere of the police report? I had a hard time reading it with my older eyes.

Also, is it correct to call Josh a child molester? I mean yes, technically he molested children, but as a child himself at the time, who else would he have had access to?

I am not saying this to diminish the horror of what he did. I am just saying that the only victims that he had access to on a regular basis were children. This does not necessarily mean that he is a pedophile. Rather, it suggests that as a child, he took advantage of victims in close proximity and whom he has some authority over because as the oldest male child, he no doubt had some authority over the littles.

Josh is a creeper and likely his creepiness still exists, even if it might be more controlled now. I guess I am asking this question because I want some sort of reassurance that his own children will be safe. I want to know that he isn't attracted to children. It breaks my heart to think that he might be repressing sexual urges towards children and some day his defenses will weaken and his kids will be a risk.

Because one of his victims was 4 and he was 14, this isn't a case of "not having access to anyone his age." He is a child molestor.

As for the summary, it's been posted in 2 threads but I haven't an idea where to find them

I, for one hope the victims aren't all over the internet.

They were never allowed to fully come to terms with their abuse, and reading opinions about it all over the internet may be a horrible experience for them.

While Josh deserves every horrible consequence that comes his way, I do wish that it wasn't so obvious who the victims are and that the news had come out in a way that preserved their anonymity.

But part of what makes this crime horrible is that his victims were his own sisters.

Basically, I'm not sure what to think. Is it better for the girls to be sheltered at TTH but potentially with their abuser and the people who covered it up? Or is it better for them to be exposed to the internet shit storm?

LOL, yea that's the problem. Not the part where, oh, no charges were filed? Or the part where a child molestor walked free and lived with his victims??? Or the part where the parents just continued business as usual? Some great police work there.

As shitty as it is that this is probably the result of jb calling in favors, I DO think that the the people who released the report should be fired and held accountable. Not because of Josh, but because they failed to protect the identities of his sisters. By saying that four of the victims lived with their parents "jim bob and Michelle Duggar," they essentially told the world it was his sisters.

Knowing that this was going to be very high profile, you would think they would have covered all their bases. At the very least they should have gone to the attorney general's office for clarification and approval. The article is right, the girls are being re-victimized by this and that sucks.

IMO, it basically boils down to this question- if you could pick, would you rather josh be called out on all this and jb and Michelle publically humiliated, knowing that it meant the world was going to know it was the sisters he abused- OR, nothing ever came out and the girls were spared from having everyone know they were sexually abused? I would protect the girls every single time.

There's this saying in legal world that "it's better for 10 guilty persons to escape than it is for one innocent to suffer."

I, for one hope the victims aren't all over the internet.

They were never allowed to fully come to terms with their abuse, and reading opinions about it all over the internet may be a horrible experience for them.

While Josh deserves every horrible consequence that comes his way, I do wish that it wasn't so obvious who the victims are and that the news had come out in a way that preserved their anonymity.

But part of what makes this crime horrible is that his victims were his own sisters.

Basically, I'm not sure what to think. Is it better for the girls to be sheltered at TTH but potentially with their abuser and the people who covered it up? Or is it better for them to be exposed to the internet shit storm?

Neither. They should be sheltered somewhere else. They shouldn't be looking at all of the victim blaming and insensitive comments that people on the internet have written (but its a shame that they will not be able to see the supportive stuff between it, as you cant filter messages like that). They also shouldn't be in the TTH with their abuser and the people who failed to protect them. They need to be together, and staying somewhere where people will not find them, and they can have privacy.

I don't think any of the kids should be in the house right now, its far too tense and scary.

It looks like Netflix has pulled the Duggars from their streaming service as well. Good for Netflix.

Jinger is 21 now. I hope this is what inspires her to break free. Move out. Go to school. Stay up all night talking in a dorm. Wear a bikini. Make your own life! You don't have to keep their secrets anymore. They have no power over you. You can do better, and you will!

Sadly, I think the chance of any of the girls doing that is now smaller than it ever was before. :cry:

Can you imagine going to a college where every one of the other students knows you as "the one who was molested"? That has got to be hell. Even if they mean well and want to help! Heck, even if they say absolutely nothing in that direction and are just normally nice to me - I would still be wondering all the time: "Are they nice because they like me / are polite, or are they just nice because they pitty me?"

And these would just be the positive reactions!

(Hopefully there would not be any negative ones. Although I could see reactions along the lines of: "I am so sad for you that your parents did not protect you." What are you supposed to respond?)

As shitty as it is that this is probably the result of jb calling in favors, I DO think that the the people who released the report should be fired and held accountable. Not because of Josh, but because they failed to protect the identities of his sisters. By saying that four of the victims lived with their parents "jim bob and Michelle Duggar," they essentially told the world it was his sisters.

Knowing that this was going to be very high profile, you would think they would have covered all their bases. At the very least they should have gone to the attorney general's office for clarification and approval. The article is right, the girls are being re-victimized by this and that sucks.

IMO, it basically boils down to this question- if you could pick, would you rather josh be called out on all this and jb and Michelle publically humiliated, knowing that it meant the world was going to know it was the sisters he abused- OR, nothing ever came out and the girls were spared from having everyone know they were sexually abused? I would protect the girls every single time.

There's this saying in legal world that "it's better for 10 guilty persons to escape than it is for one innocent to suffer."

I still wonder, though, if they knew it was going to In Touch. In Touch claims to have gotten it through FOIA, but no one else could. And the reports were destroyed the same day it was printed. I still think this was an inside deal.

It looks like Netflix has pulled the Duggars from their streaming service as well. Good for Netflix.

Unless they had recently re-added 19kac, Netflix pulled it months ago and it moved to amazon streaming or hulu.

Unless they had recently re-added 19kac, Netflix pulled it months ago and it moved to amazon streaming or hulu.

I thought TLC pulled it along with their other shows at the same time they pulled the free episodes on YouTube.

Because one of his victims was 4 and he was 14, this isn't a case of "not having access to anyone his age." He is a child molestor.

As for the summary, it's been posted in 2 threads but I haven't an idea where to find them

Yeah, he was pubescent but the victims were not. I guess he was still technically in the midst of puberty but he clearly was not a completely sexually immature child himself.

Pedophilia, as far as I know, is characterized as someone who is sexually mature being attracted to someone who is not. Maybe the line is grayed some when you have a person Josh's age who was right on the cusp, but he was absolutely old enough to know right from wrong. He felt entitled to do what he did. It's not like it was a case of two pre-pubescent kids messing around and exploring bodies; he did it while they were asleep, and touched them in places he clearly had been told was not OK.

I think you have to tiptoe the line carefully when trying to call a 15 year old a pedophile. But I have to admit that reading personal accounts of pedophiles in the past (there was a really, really interesting talk on NPR about this a while back, if I could find it) many of these adult pedophiles DID become attracted to children in their early teen years. It was not just something that hit suddenly in their 30s or something. Which does make me somewhat concerned about Josh because I do think it is more of the exception than the norm for someone to just be "cured" of wanting to touch children.

Did any one else reading the police report notice that one victim when picking out privates picked out penis? I think one victim was male. I wish I could clip the part for you. My mother also read it and got the same feeling.

I didn't notice that but I did notice something else I thought strange , one of the girls said she was touched on her "pee pee holder" I've never heard a child use that term and I've worked with a lot of children. Maybe it's a southern term?

Uh no. Bye, leghumper. There is no excuse for molesting little girls.

If Josh were theoretically to get arrested in the future (no idea why that might happen!), he would be instantly put in solitary confinement. Even rapists, gang members, and murderers don't tolerate messing with little girls. They don't think all sins are equal, and neither do I.

Neither. They should be sheltered somewhere else. They shouldn't be looking at all of the victim blaming and insensitive comments that people on the internet have written (but its a shame that they will not be able to see the supportive stuff between it, as you cant filter messages like that). They also shouldn't be in the TTH with their abuser and the people who failed to protect them. They need to be together, and staying somewhere where people will not find them, and they can have privacy.

I don't think any of the kids should be in the house right now, its far too tense and scary.

Obviously that is the best option.

But I'm looking at what are realistically, their two options.

If the married girls are at their own houses, which I doubt, who's to stop them from reading about this online? And who knows what they will come across? There have been statements that would be triggering coming from both sides.

Where would the unmarried girls go? If they went over to Jill/Jessa's house, the above could happen. Their other option is to stay at TTH.

The in laws are an option for Jill and Jessa.

I guess the best option would be for the girls to be at the J&D mansion on an internet black out.

Do we know if Josh and Anna are in AR? I remember a post somewhere in thread one saying that the paparazzi snapped a photo of them at an airport. Anyone know more about this?

Do we know if Josh and Anna are in AR? I remember a post somewhere in thread one saying that the paparazzi snapped a photo of them at an airport. Anyone know more about this?

IIRC, the photo was them returning to DC from AR. No idea if they're still at their home in Maryland, though.

I just read the gawker article about the gay crew member on the Duggars show. There was gossip years ago that the Duggars had some kind of agreement with TLC or the production company that no gay people would be working on their show.

I worry for the safety of these poor girls. Are they right now trapped in the Duggar house, terrified, with Jimbob and Michelle in full on panic mode, feeling pressured to pretend to be happy and try and protect Josh, and not allowed time to cry or be upset or angry about what happened, or talk about their true feelings about it. It must be awful. I want to protect them, take them all far away from their home and keep them safe :(

How are the kids doing? Are they afraid right now, and do they know what is going on. Do they think all the people outside and all the people commenting on it are trying to persecute and harm them.

I think right now, the best thing would be for the kids to not be in the house right now, none of them. Michelle, Jimbob and Josh can stay. I think it would be best if the adult kids, Grandma and Amy take a group of kids each with them somewhere safe, so they can be away from the worst of it (and Anna to take the M kids to her parents house or something) and have some normality in a place where they cant hear their parents and brother panicking, and aren't in the house where there are people hanging around outside from the news and stuff.

Not being allowed your own feelings can be almost as worse as being assaulted. Being nullified as a person can be as it wete happening all over again.

Archived