IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoting something from part 3 here!

Still new here and I can't figure out how to post a new topic-hope it is ok if this goes here.

What about Mandated Reporting Laws!

I just keep thinking about the mandated reporter laws. Now that John-David is a "police officer", is he not a mandated reporter? It says in one of the statements that Josh confessed to his family-meaning JD probably knew. Wouldn't that knowledge fall under being a mandated reporter or because it was so far in the past does it no longer fall into that category?

Second, does anyone know if Arkansas requires their clergy to be mandated reporters? If that is the case, could these "elders" that Josh confessed to and failed to report to law enforcement what they knew be held accountable after all of these years as well?

Or does all of this mean nothing because he "confessed" to a pedophile state trooper that did nothing with it and it never officially came to light until it was too late (2006 report)?

John David is probably a mandated reporter. I only say probably because there had been some discussion in another thread on whether or not he was a "real" police officer. I think the consensus was that he was more of a volunteer. Without knowing much about how volunteer police officers work, I can only assume that they still fall under the category of mandated reporter. If he becomes aware of any further wrongdoings in his family's home, it's his responsibility to report it. There can and probably would be ramifications if he didn't.

However, I don't think John David needed to disclose this information because it had already been disclosed to the police back in the report. Even though the pedophile state trooper did nothing, once Harpo got their information, they contacted the crisis hotline who got in touch with the Springdale Police Department, who looked into it but found that the statute of limitations had come and gone. If this had never been reported to pedo trooper, that might be a different ballgame.

I don't know if the "clergy" that the Duggars went to are officially clergy members. Jim Boob preaches at the Church of the Holy Storage Unit regularly; does that make him a clergy member? What would Arkansas define as an official member of the clergy - someone that preaches in a home church or someone with a degree in theology? I'd love to know more about this point myself.

John-David would have felt no need to report the past abuse when he became a "police officer" even if he is a mandated reporter. The abuse had already been reported. They opened an investigation and interviewed the parents, the victims, and some of the other kids in the home, including John-David - and it went nowhere. In his mind, it was done and over with.

I find it interesting that the report just ends after JB&M refuse to bring Josh in for an interview and the two lawyers refuse to represent them. I know someone said the officer in charge of the investigation retired, but so what? Investigations don't just end because the officer in charge retires, they get passed on to someone else. There's no explanation in the report, no, "Case closed pending further evidence", nothing. I think Jim Bob called in a favour or two and got this all neatly swept under the rug.

John is a mandated reporter, but this was already reported. Unless John knows of information that brings this case into "relevant" and out of "beyond the statue of limitations," he isn't obligated to report anything. And it's very likely that, if there is new and relevant information, JD doesn't know about it.

When I woke up this morning, I saw that my 14 year old daughter was watching the interview episode that aired Tuesday. I did a double take, and asked her how she was watching it. She told me "they may have cleared the cable schedule, but OnDemand is still available." I explained that every time somebody chooses a 19KAC title, that pays JB&M a royalty. A royalty that those victims, all 18 of those kids (screw Josh) will never see. She asked how in the world could we support those kids without actually supporting the parents. I guess we will have to see.

Jinger is 21 now. I hope this is what inspires her to break free. Move out. Go to school. Stay up all night talking in a dorm. Wear a bikini. Make your own life! You don't have to keep their secrets anymore. They have no power over you. You can do better, and you will!

Jinger is 21 now. I hope this is what inspires her to break free. Move out. Go to school. Stay up all night talking in a dorm. Wear a bikini. Make your own life! You don't have to keep their secrets anymore. They have no power over you. You can do better, and you will!

I doubt it. She's too indoctrinated. Too broken spirited. I guarantee that the Duggars are taking this time to reinforce indoctrinations and being told how the outside world is vilifying their family. The girls still living at home are in no position to seek freedom.

http://5newsonline.com/2015/05/23/senator-springdale-police-chief-should-be-fired-over-child-sex-crime-report/

Local news story discussing charges against the Springdale police chief for releasing the police report and re victimizing the girls.

LOL, yea that's the problem. Not the part where, oh, no charges were filed? Or the part where a child molestor walked free and lived with his victims??? Or the part where the parents just continued business as usual? Some great police work there.

LOL, yea that's the problem. Not the part where, oh, no charges were filed? Or the part where a child molestor walked free and lived with his victims??? Or the part where parents who covered for felonies in their home just continued business as usual? Some great police work there.

It's a politician, not police officer, calling for the chief to be charged.

It's a politician, not police officer, calling for the chief to be charged.

James Robert Duggar is calling in his political favors, possibly along with Joshua Duggar. These two men totally can go to hell right now!!!

Son of a bitch! This has nothing to do with protecting victims. It's JB trying to bully people to save his own ass and $$$. Burn in hell you monster, burn in hell!

Did any one else reading the police report notice that one victim when picking out privates picked out penis? I think one victim was male. I wish I could clip the part for you. My mother also read it and got the same feeling.

James Robert Duggar is calling in his political favors, possibly along with Joshua Duggar. These two men totally can go to hell right now!!!

Amen. The ones revictimizing these girls are Josh, Anna, Jim Bob, Michelle, and all their supporters. If JB and Michelle had done their jobs, these girls wouldn't be in this situation. If Josh had gotten help or not done the acts in the first place, these girls would not be in this situation. If Anna and their supporters didn't "stand by Josh," these girls would not be in this situation.

LOL, yea that's the problem. Not the part where, oh, no charges were filed? Or the part where a child molestor walked free and lived with his victims??? Or the part where the parents just continued business as usual? Some great police work there.

If the retiring police chief gets fired will she still be able to get her pension?

Finally caught up with this thread. While the majority of my emotions, thoughts and concerns have already been expressed, I too have to chime in with my support and encouragement to the young women involved. This is absolutely awful.

I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and a lot of this has been triggering for me (as I'm sure it has been for a lot of us). I am glad we have FJ as a resource to discuss and process all of this without the leagues of leghumpers spouting off about forgiveness and standing with josh. What about standing with his sisters during this insanely challenging time?

I'm also a survivor of past suicidal attempts and thoughts and that is my biggest concern for the members in that family. I am by no means a psychologist or mental health care professional, but I do know (from my own experience) that a history of hiding abuse, coupled with feeling like you caused the abuse can lead to depression or worse.

I've mentioned before that I grew up fundie lite and I vividly recall being sent to talk to the pastor and his wife about forgiving my abuser. For awhile that was the only counseling I received. It took a lot of years and real counseling for me to realize the abuse wasn't my fault and that suicide isn't an option.

I just am really concerned about what will happen to the Duggar children without proper support, especially now that this has become quite the media circus and their abuse is a worldwide topic. I also imagine there is guilt around this potentially leading to the downfall of their cash cow.

I worry too that Josh may harm himself. And while I'm pissed as all hell at his actions, politics and his piss poor self centered "admission" of guilt, I wouldn't want him to self harm. Think of the impact that will have on his siblings and family.

I have no inside knowledge about the family and how the are feeling or if self harm is something they have even thought about, I just felt like that concern needed to be spoken. I really hope they all get help from licensed mental health professionals so they can start on the path to recovering from this trauma.

Jim Bob is an idiot. What he is doing is making him look worse and he thinks that he call pull a fast one on everyone because of his holier than thou attitude. Jim Bob you got your wish of fame as fortune and you have to accept what goes along with it and that is limited privacy. The skeletons in your closet reappear when you are on the public stage and if you keep making enemies it makes people more ambitious in exposing them.

She is already retiring in June so I don't think anything will happen to her, it's like some have said its Jim Bob calling in favors...

I'm confused. The police chief who is retiring- did she announce this before the SHTF? I almost hope that she released the report as a final fuck you to the misogynistic culture of that town.

I worry for the safety of these poor girls. Are they right now trapped in the Duggar house, terrified, with Jimbob and Michelle in full on panic mode, feeling pressured to pretend to be happy and try and protect Josh, and not allowed time to cry or be upset or angry about what happened, or talk about their true feelings about it. It must be awful. I want to protect them, take them all far away from their home and keep them safe :(

How are the kids doing? Are they afraid right now, and do they know what is going on. Do they think all the people outside and all the people commenting on it are trying to persecute and harm them.

I think right now, the best thing would be for the kids to not be in the house right now, none of them. Michelle, Jimbob and Josh can stay. I think it would be best if the adult kids, Grandma and Amy take a group of kids each with them somewhere safe, so they can be away from the worst of it (and Anna to take the M kids to her parents house or something) and have some normality in a place where they cant hear their parents and brother panicking, and aren't in the house where there are people hanging around outside from the news and stuff.

Not sure where else to put this. Defamer is asking for stories/rumors/personal anecdotes about the Duggars. The start off with an account from a former crew member. Pretty much proves what many of us have suspected--that the claim that the family and crew are so close is a total lie:

http://defamer.gawker.com/tell-your-dug ... 1706502185

In 2008 I worked on the set of what was then known as “17 Kids and Counting†and I have something to tell you. ...

During this time, the Duggars had very limited exposure to what they called the “outside world†and so most of the crew members being from larger cities, we were all very surprised at how very little they knew or understood about places like New York, Los Angeles, and London. All of their perceptions of these places were the most exaggerated stereotype cariacatures as if their only source of news was from locally produced religious cartoons from the 1980s. As in, LA is full of surfer dudes and Valley girls, and everyone in New York talks and walks like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, walks in packs carrying switchblades, spray paints graffiti at every turn, with the only safe haven oddly being the mighty Trump Tower. Yes, Trump Tower was Jim Bob’s go-to when talking anecdotally about the elegance of lavish and luxurious places. ... They didn’t own a television or had an Internet connection at that time, so, really, next to second hand church gossip, the local newspaper was really their only link to anything outside of Arkansas. The producers of the show had instructed crew members to not ever engage in conversation on our own with Jim Bob or Michelle in fears that we may either say something normal that they would find objectionable or that they would say something to where we’d react funny because we weren’t used to their level of “unwordliness†I think it was put.

We were constantly reminded that we were not to upset them or taint their version of the world, which is why they wanted limited conversation. Even a lighthearted conversation that might actually educate them about something they were horribly ignorant about was seen as tainting their view. It was very much like being told to not tell your little sister about Santa Claus.

So, during the leadup to their first family trip to New York to appear on the Today Show, Michelle started approaching some of us about New York and if it’s “scary for kidsâ€. Because Michelle came to us, it was acceptable to entertain conversing with her but producers would always rush over and monitor the conversation. That very day we had a couple of crewmembers new to the set not familiar with the drill. She had directed this question to four of us who all happened to be standing together. As tempting as it was to give some ridiculous answer, the producer’s face reminded us to just be polite and give her the answer she wants. Well, the followup question is when it went completely off the rails. “Well, I hear the city is overrun by ..... gays... has that been causing a lot of problems?†One of the new crewmembers laughed and said “Why don’t you ask “Jimmyâ€? (Changed his name) and then proceeds to yell over his shoulder “Hey, Jimmy, you giving the city lots of problems???†Jimmy as you can guess, was gay, but this fact was completely lost on the Duggars.

It took her a minute to process that the joke answer might mean that there might really be one of these gays she’s always heard about nearby! In her house, even! She pulled the producer over to the corner and started yelling at him and demanding to know if what was just said was a joke, and that she wants to see Jimmy. We’re all watching this go down from a distance dying inside at how funny this was, and how shit is about to really hit a very big fan. The producer is now in a very tough position, because Jimmy is a veteran of the industry and is excellent at what he does, but now the Duggars’ weird uncultured Pollyanna worldview is threatening to disrupt the production staff. We could see the producer trying to calm her down and offering to have a talk with Jimmy (who we all thought was at a rig about 500 feet away, far enough out of ear shot) when suddenly Jimmy appears. ...

Michelle asked point blank “So ... you’re .... gay???†The four of us are staring at this from a distance as if we’re on the edge of our seats, completely shocked that someone in 2008 would even do that, and Jimmy ... suddenly strikes a pose like a model in a pinup photo, and responds “Well, darling, depends on who’s asking!†Holy shit, the four of us watching were doubled over in pain laughing so hard at this. ...

Well, when we returned, we found out that Jimmy was removed, fired from the set, and transferred to another production, and that none of us are to breathe a word of what we saw to anyone. The official reason given to pacify the Duggars was that he was “fired due to causing conflicts with the talentâ€. Talent! Amazing how such a small sentence can contain so much hyperbole. He was fired 100% because he was gay and for no other reason. The conflict was because he was gay. Of course, he wasn’t really fired fired, but taken off this particular crew. Jimmy was super cool and took it all in stride, and understood the reasoning and the delicate balance the producers needed to have to please these stupid people. And the reason he never came forward or made a stink was because he was paid a bonus and moved to a more desirable production. The dramatics of the “firing†was inflated for the Duggars’ benefit, stupid enough to believe that normal people from more progressive parts of America would support the removal of a gay person from a job filled with union democrats. (Another secret they weren’t aware of!)

...They kept a very tight lid on this incident, because on future tapings when new crews would be swapped in, they were suspiciously more and more straight-edged Christian than you’d typically see on the set of a television show, any television show, outside of the 700 Club. As long as the Duggars are comfortable and safe from the scary city gays, all went according to plan. ...

Sorry this was so long, I guess I could have just told you that Michelle got someone fired because they were gay, but I thought setting the scene is important to the story. Enjoy!

Did any one else reading the police report notice that one victim when picking out privates picked out penis? I think one victim was male. I wish I could clip the part for you. My mother also read it and got the same feeling.

There were some non-victims interviewed, and those would have been the brothers. The ones who said they were touched talked about wearing dresses.

Revolting. These people and all those who support them are just vile.

Archived