IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

Are we sure they are not filming anymore?

I just find it odd that the Duggars took the kids to high tea.... duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/06/duggar-updates.html

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we sure they are not filming anymore?

I just find it odd that the Duggars took the kids to high tea.... duggarfamilyblog.com/2015/06/duggar-updates.html

Meh, it is probably just a stop, on their "Love us again" tour.

I saw TLC had a honey boo boo rerun on in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. My DVR is showing Honey boo boo reruns coming back on starting in June 22nd. Can anyone else check and see if they are showing Honey boo boo coming back? I wonder if TLC is testing to see if viewers have forgotten about June or if viewers will write in and complain or let them get away with the reruns? or could it be a deal with June, TLC get honey boo boo back if they keep the Duggars? the episode do not indicate if they are new of not.

Anna is suing June, so this is adding to the TLC mess. I say a definite 'no' to Honey Boo Boo. :fyingpan:

I think they want to do the engagement:

1) It's a paid gig and

2) They need to find out right now (and demonstrate to TLC) if their couples spin-off show has a chance of surviving.

Let's face it. They are four unemployed people. I doubt that the two husbands (now Jim Bob's part-time errand boys and lawn mowers) are making much money. Jim Bob and Michelle have no immediate income right now and probably none in the foreseeable future.

Well, not to sound funny, but do they need income? I mean, they probably eat at the big house and their 'homes' they don't pay rent. They can survive on nothing, I'm sure.

All you need is love, da, da, da, da, da. :chores-mowlawn:

Someone made a petition to punch Jim Boob in the face. hehe. :lol:

gofundme.com/x5rphc

That should be amended to kick him in the balls too.

The only new Duggar show I would watch would film the older Duggar children experiencing the outside world on their own, without their parents, without buddies or family babysitters. Jinger going to the Guggenheim or the Met or taking a design course with other fabulous students, yep, I'd watch that. Jana trying to find work as a nanny or going to music school. Interesting! Jessa persuing a career as a right-wing religious commentator on TV, even there she would have her feet knocked out from under her, grow and learn, Jessa. Josiah and Marjorie courting and enjoying lots of theater, working the stage at Dollywood or Branson Missouri, learning stage craft, they could take musical theater workshops at U of Arkansas. Joseph could get an internship with a religious organization in England (oh dear! He could meet Muslims!) or, better yet, Eastern Europe where people are damn sick of being told how to feel, think, and look according to patriarchal organizations.

Any or all of that would be fantastic! I'd watch the Duggars again if they were allowed to explore the world on their own terms. But any more Jim Bob, Michelle and Josh and I'll be firing off emails to TLC again.

Perfect. TLC should hire you. That show would rock! :popcorn2:

The reason Honey BooBoo was pulled with a quickness is because people wanted a reason not to like Mama June.

Mama June is a single mom who had kids with multiple men and showed the crass side of our culture that is usually reserved for 8 year old boys. As time went on, her daughter had lost a bit of her spark. The fans who enjoyed watching a *precious* 5 year old belch, sass and fart her way into homes every week got tired of the shtick.

On the other hand- the Duggars are perceived as this wholesome upstanding family. I thought this scandal would finally bring the Wizard out from behind the curtain, but there are still many people defending the Duggars.

I think that a lot of the people defending the Duggars have to do so or ultimately admit that their idols are just as flawed as everyone else. There are people that need to see "perfection" in others. I would not doubt that a lot of the hardcore Duggar fans have spent a lot of time dreaming that they were a Duggar or that they had a "perfect" Duggar family. I remember we had the thread about if anyone was envious of the Duggars. A lot of responses were about having a big family to depend on or the girls never having to worry about paying the bills or taking a difficult. Even about being able to be a stay at home mom. I think the wants defending so hard cannot face that the Duggars were not living the dream life that they themselves want so badly.

cross posting with the 19 Kids main thread. I just saw a commercial for a new program coming to TLC about the family that has a transgender child. a biological boy that they are allowing to grow up as a little girl, called I am Jazz. sounds pretty cool.

cross posting with the 19 Kids main thread. I just saw a commercial for a new program coming to TLC about the family that has a transgender child. a biological boy that they are allowing to grow up as a little girl, called I am Jazz. sounds pretty cool.

I can already see the comments from the leghumpers

I don't want to see any minors on reality TV. If I had to fantasize.....

My fantasy for this family is that they open up a Fundie Birthing Center which is staffed completely by home schooled Fundies who do not have any education beyond ATI Fundie High School. Then we can watch them pray with the patients and assess how this worked out for everyone.

I realize you are trying to be funny, but this sounds a tad sick.

I would be bothered if I was this child or part of the family. The hypocrisy is overwhelming. The Duggars want to cure or exile any homosexuals or transgendered people. I would personally be offended and would try to get with a less homophobic network. In my mind, the Duggars have those views and Tlc supports those opinions because they air the show. Simple.

Actually, I don't support transgenderism. But I love the irony in this! :clap:

What's to support? It's not something to believe in, or not, like leprechauns. Trans people's brains don't match their genitals. Pretty straightforward. Disclaimer: I don't know enough about trans* issues to be able to debate them, but I do know that being trans is real and not a lifestyle choice or invented persona. Saying you don't support transgenderism sounds like saying you don't support climate change; they're both real and yet people deny them and there seem to be partisan politics involved. Speaking of politics, maybe you don't support transgenderism in the same way a Republican doesn't support Democrats? That makes a little more sense, logically, but makes you rather intolerant.

I realize you are trying to be funny, but this sounds a tad sick.

There is nothing that seems to shake this family and followers of Gotthard/ATI from their very destructive beliefs. On the one hand they spit on education but the minute there is a problem they run to the educated "non believers" to solve the problem and then thank God. If the Duggars had to rely only on their fellow believers to assist them and provide medical care the very bad results could not be rationalized away. Imagine the world without doctors, scientists and innovators. How many of the highly trained professionals that made financial, emotional and other sacrifices that helped Josie in the NICU would be here if they were raised the Duggar way? I think it is the Duggars that are a tad sick and they will continue along on this path until something monumental shakes them up. The Duggars want a society filled with a bunch of dummies that will be unable to support themselves or contribute to the rest of society. Sorry but my world vision is not a bunch of uneducated people running around in frumpers depending on men.

There is nothing that seems to shake this family and followers of Gotthard/ATI from their very destructive beliefs. On the one hand they spit on education but the minute there is a problem they run to the educated "non believers" to solve the problem and then thank God. If the Duggars had to rely only on their fellow believers to assist them and provide medical care the very bad results could not be rationalized away. Imagine the world without doctors, scientists and innovators. How many of the highly trained professionals that made financial, emotional and other sacrifices that helped Josie in the NICU would be here if they were raised the Duggar way? I think it is the Duggars that are a tad sick and they will continue along on this path until something monumental shakes them up. The Duggars want a society filled with a bunch of dummies that will be unable to support themselves or contribute to the rest of society. Sorry but my world vision is not a bunch of uneducated people running around in frumpers depending on men.

FYI, I do agree with you about the fact that the Duggars eschew education, science and any sort of logic.

However, your statement bothered me because in the event that a Fundie Birthing Center was opened and ran by a horde of uneducated homeschoolers who rely only on prayer and not medical intervention (and yes, I realize you were just stating a funny fantasy), terrible tragedy would ensue and cost the lives of mothers and innocent children. That thought just takes the funny right out of the joke for me.

FYI, I do agree with you about the fact that the Duggars eschew education, science and any sort of logic.

However, your statement bothered me because in the event that a Fundie Birthing Center was opened and ran by a horde of uneducated homeschoolers who rely only on prayer and not medical intervention (and yes, I realize you were just stating a funny fantasy), terrible tragedy would ensue and cost the lives of mothers and innocent children. That thought just takes the funny right out of the joke for me.

Isn't using a Lay midwife or someone who has had their license suspended similar?

In AR, can a lay midwife delivery babies? Is a person with Jill's education and background who has passed the state certification standards; testing and field work, legally allowed to independently attend births?

Here is the question. What has to happen to shake up the believers to pursue a new way of thinking?

Events have transpired during the course of the show that should be red flags to the Duggars but all events have been rationalized to fit their rigid belief system. Jill struggled giving birth although I believe Jill fully expected the home birth to go as planned because she followed all beliefs. Erin Bates expected to get pregnant shortly after marriage with out incident. She was a virgin who never took birth control but she had struggles with her fertility and several miscarriages before having a successful pregnancy that required a great deal of medical intervention. Michelle likes to attribute cause and effect to everything miscarriage = taking birth control. Yet, the events of their lives and those around them don't fall neatly into what they believe.

So again, what has to happen to turn on the lights? Sadly, I think it has to be something drastic.

Sadly, I think that something horrible may have to happen to shake up their belief system. Unfortunately, terrible things have already happened. Josh molested 5 young girls, 4 of whom were his sisters, and yet the Duggars are still spouting their shitty belief system as if it were the gospel truth. Whether they still believe any of their own crap remains to be seen, but they are still publicly holding fast to their own lies.

It also remains to be seen if Jill's belief system has been shaken due to the traumatic birth of Izzy. Publicly, she appears still intoxicated with koolaid but maybe there is an internal struggle taking place inside her head. One can hope.

I had an issue with HWest's post because many posters were stating what their hope is for the future (or lack thereof) of 19K&C, and HWest posted that their fantasy was a SOTDRT Birthing Center where uneducated women deliver babies. I realize now that you were trying to make a point about what it will take for these fundies to reevaluate their beliefs, but it placed a bad picture in my mind that truly bothered me. Perhaps it is the fear that one day a fundy that we discuss here will suffer dire consequences due to the lack of medical intervention during a birth (in fact, wasn't there a discussion years ago on Yuku about a fundy losing her baby?). It has already happened to too many women and babies.

What's to support? It's not something to believe in, or not, like leprechauns. Trans people's brains don't match their genitals. Pretty straightforward. Disclaimer: I don't know enough about trans* issues to be able to debate them, but I do know that being trans is real and not a lifestyle choice or invented persona. Saying you don't support transgenderism sounds like saying you don't support climate change; they're both real and yet people deny them and there seem to be partisan politics involved. Speaking of politics, maybe you don't support transgenderism in the same way a Republican doesn't support Democrats? That makes a little more sense, logically, but makes you rather intolerant.

It's like this: The concept is a sham. Bruce Jenner can wear dresses, take hormones, have surgery, cut off his penis (which he hasn't done), but he can't remove the male Y chromosome which is in EVERY CELL IN HIS BODY. That doesn't make me intolerant. Those are just the facts of life. So you see, there is no 'trans' about him. He's a male no matter what he does. :nenner:

I'm guessing there is a dispute with Jim Bob over TLC paying out his contract. What we do know is that the advertisers have bailed, TLC has pulled all the reruns and TLC didn't air the last few shows of the season that were already taped, so Jim Bob has got to be hurting financially.

The season finale aired. All shows for this past season were shown. The previews were actually for next season.

Archived