IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

And doled out all the money that those kids legitimately deserve and earned for JB having sold away their private moments, faults and anonymity.

JB would probably rather emasculate himself with a weed wacker, before he fork any of them money to the kids.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Facebook friend blames Obama for this Duggar scandal and for 19KAC getting pulled from TLC's current lineup. WTF? I'm not even going to reply to that. You can't fix stupid.

IMO, minors should be banned from reality TV. The only people on reality TV should be consenting adults.

Amen, Sassy! Amen!

A Facebook friend blames Obama for this Duggar scandal and for 19KAC getting pulled from TLC's current lineup. WTF? I'm not even going to reply to that. You can't fix stupid.

I didn't eat breakfast this morning, it's all Obama's fault. Thanks Obama! He needs to be impeached! :nenner:

What I think will happen is a special around Christmas that's all about Jessa's baby and Jill as a new mother. It will be shot entirely outside of TTH and mostly at their respective homes, and most of the focus will be on them, their hubbies, their in-laws and various siblings who show up to "help". No big gender reveal party, no Michelle babysitting, no JB bad jokes , and possibly even an excuse will be made to keep Michelle away from the birth so they can tape it (I could see Jessa not wanting to have anyone there but Ben and the midwives or even not wanting it to be filmed at all.) I could see one pop-up appearance by Anna to introduce us to M4 and to give Jill advice, especially if Jill is pregnant with #2 by then. I don't think Anna will be banned forever like Josh will be - I think if the show comes back eventually there will be sporadic appearances by her and the kids, if only to show us how strong and brave and happy they are. :roll:

Anyway, the future from then will be determined by the ratings of this special and the reaction. If people are favorable about the special and liked seeing the girls in it, they'll bring it back like they have Kate+8, in a more limited way than they were previously. If people watch it and bitch about any involvement the parents or Anna have, then they'll be left out in the future. If it completely flops, then the Duggars will go away entirely from TLC.

I do believe, strongly, that eventually even if 19KAC is canceled from TLC the family will reappear elsewhere fairly soon. I know that when Duck Dynasty was suspended and the Robertsons were threatening to walk they were hinting that there was a Christian-based family entertainment channel who wanted to sign them up. Clearly this is a worse situation than Phil had for that suspension, but with so many "forgiving" Christians making noise I could see JB wanting to make a move to a channel that would have smaller ratings but would allow them to proselytize all they want and have likeminded viewers. And that would be willing to keep Josh in the show also. I think that while we all think it's a given that he's done, JB and Michelle will fight that tooth and nail.

I don't want to see any minors on reality TV. If I had to fantasize.....

My fantasy for this family is that they open up a Fundie Birthing Center which is staffed completely by home schooled Fundies who do not have any education beyond ATI Fundie High School. Then we can watch them pray with the patients and assess how this worked out for everyone.

It's hot. I'm all sweaty. Thanks Obama!

Reality shows are still in their infancy. As more horror stories emerge I hope that legislators will get involved and pass some rules. I'm sure we can all come up with some good guidelines but off the top of my head:

No children under 12 to appear in an ongoing series

Children must be paid separately from their parents

Babies under 1 year cannot be filmed for more than 15 minutes a day

Anyone under 15 who was filmed without knowledge or consent may sue the producers to prevent re-airing of episodes.

I'm sure there are more laws that should be enacted but I need to go make lunch.

The only new Duggar show I would watch would film the older Duggar children experiencing the outside world on their own, without their parents, without buddies or family babysitters. Jinger going to the Guggenheim or the Met or taking a design course with other fabulous students, yep, I'd watch that. Jana trying to find work as a nanny or going to music school. Interesting! Jessa persuing a career as a right-wing religious commentator on TV, even there she would have her feet knocked out from under her, grow and learn, Jessa. Josiah and Marjorie courting and enjoying lots of theater, working the stage at Dollywood or Branson Missouri, learning stage craft, they could take musical theater workshops at U of Arkansas. Joseph could get an internship with a religious organization in England (oh dear! He could meet Muslims!) or, better yet, Eastern Europe where people are damn sick of being told how to feel, think, and look according to patriarchal organizations.

Any or all of that would be fantastic! I'd watch the Duggars again if they were allowed to explore the world on their own terms. But any more Jim Bob, Michelle and Josh and I'll be firing off emails to TLC again.

Children must be paid separately from their parents

Never going to happen. Minors can't enter into legal contracts. Maybe one of the older Js could form a company to get paid from TLC and disburse money to the younger Js trust accounts, but lets be honest, Boob would never, ever ever let anything like this ever happen.

Add me to the list of those who think TLC will keep the Duggars. I don't know what form the show will take but it will be back, either as a new show with a different title or in the form of periodic specials. But, if it does come back, would TLC add provisos that JB would have to sign off on? By that I mean TLC might want him to steer clear of politics in their private lives so as to keep controversy at a minimum. Could that be included in a contract and would JB agree to it?

Add me to the list of those who think TLC will keep the Duggars. I don't know what form the show will take but it will be back, either as a new show with a different title or in the form of periodic specials. But, if it does come back, would TLC add provisos that JB would have to sign off on? By that I mean TLC might want him to steer clear of politics in their private lives so as to keep controversy at a minimum. Could that be included in a contract and would JB agree to it?

I won't be suprised if and when TLC tries to bring them back, since they haven't outright canceled the show yet, but I feel like it's really risky and will bite them in the ass. I'm looking forward to it. :twisted:

I don't think JB would be capable of honoring a contract like the one you suggest, but it would be fun to watch all of this blow up in TLC's face.

I won't be suprised if and when TLC tries to bring them back, since they haven't outright canceled the show yet, but I feel like it's really risky and will bite them in the ass. I'm looking forward to it. :twisted:

I don't think JB would be capable of honoring a contract like the one you suggest, but it would be fun to watch all of this blow up in TLC's face.

Well, their show was supposed to be a ministry so...keeping controversy out of it wouldn't happen. I mean I guess that TLC would be able to do the thing where they blurred out the anti abortion t shirt, but even that would raise eyebrows.

Plus I thought part of the novelty for that show was their extreme beliefs...

I don't see how a no politics clause would help the Duggars now, since everyone knows about their anti-abortion, anti-LGBT stances. That might have been helpful in the beginning, but I doubt the Duggars would have agreed to it. It feels weird saying that the Duggars as a whole have these views, since it doesn't seem like Josie, Jordyn, Jennifer, or Johannah should have a view either way, since they're so young. But I bet they've already been told about how feminists kill babies and how LGBT people are going to help. :cry:

I don't know how are things where you guys live, but TLC (in Croatia) brought the show back last week and there was even a marathon a couple of days ago...they were only off air for like, 10 days? If that much. The scandal didn't really make the news here, barely anyone heard about it or was talking about it so I guess they decided it was okay to put them back on TV? Maybe, yeah

Count me in as one who thinks TLC will float a "trial balloon" Duggar show. It won't matter if there is outrage or not. All that will matter is how many eyeballs tune in. (Call me cynical). Even some outraged viewers will watch because it's like watching a train wreck and they just can't turn away.

No more Duggar shows, EVER! Cut off the gravy train NOW! JB should not profit for covering up child molestation. Josh should be in prison for what he did. But, that won't happen unless there are recent victims. The thought of that makes me sick!

Count me in as one who thinks TLC will float a "trial balloon" Duggar show. It won't matter if there is outrage or not. All that will matter is how many eyeballs tune in. (Call me cynical). Even some outraged viewers will watch because it's like watching a train wreck and they just can't turn away.

I would put money on this tactic, since they haven't cancelled yet. (And I'm not big on betting. But this one? I totally would.)

We havent seen the last of them by a longshot. When I was at Target earlier they were on EVERY magazine cover :pull-hair:

Mama June from Honey Boo Boo is barking to the media how unfair it was they cancelled her show and left the Duggars alone. TLC pulled that show not even a week after the story came out. I hate Honey Boo Boo, but I find myself agreeing with the sentiment. Why hasn't this show been cancelled?

Has TLC even made any statements beyond the initial one saying they were pulling it from the lineup for now? It seems they are just ignoring it for the time being. Then when it's all blown over we'll see them back I am sure. I agree with Mama June, not really too fair, but then I don't think HBB was as highly rated at 19K is/was...

Mama June from Honey Boo Boo is barking to the media how unfair it was they cancelled her show and left the Duggars alone. TLC pulled that show not even a week after the story came out. I hate Honey Boo Boo, but I find myself agreeing with the sentiment. Why hasn't this show been cancelled?

IMO I think that there might be some legal issues. I'm sure that JimBob made some crazy points in their contract with TLC. I think that TLC helps the family out more than just a paycheck for each episode.

TLC might be covering themselves somehow. They more than likely knew about Josh's past and if they cancel the show it might come out. Or could they have prepaid them for future episodes? I don't know how it all works.

Has TLC even made any statements beyond the initial one saying they were pulling it from the lineup for now? It seems they are just ignoring it for the time being. Then when it's all blown over we'll see them back I am sure. I agree with Mama June, not really too fair, but then I don't think HBB was as highly rated at 19K is/was...

The Duggars probably make them more money.

IMO I think that there might be some legal issues. I'm sure that JimBob made some crazy points in their contract with TLC. I think that TLC helps the family out more than just a paycheck for each episode.

TLC might be covering themselves somehow. They more than likely knew about Josh's past and if they cancel the show it might come out. Or could they have prepaid them for future episodes? I don't know how it all works.

I'm guessing there is a dispute with Jim Bob over TLC paying out his contract. What we do know is that the advertisers have bailed, TLC has pulled all the reruns and TLC didn't air the last few shows of the season that were already taped, so Jim Bob has got to be hurting financially.

I'm also guessing that the Duggars might try to produce a show on their own and put it on one of the Christian networks. I'm quite sure that would be a miserable failure and that they would lose a lot of money. Josh was actually selling TLC some videos of the family that he took that were used on the show. He probably thinks he could do entire episodes. (Just speculation while my mind wanders, waiting for the next InTouch release on Wednesday.)

I'm guessing there is a dispute with Jim Bob over TLC paying out his contract. What we do know is that the advertisers have bailed, TLC has pulled all the reruns and TLC didn't air the last few shows of the season that were already taped, so Jim Bob has got to be hurting financially.

I'm also guessing that the Duggars might try to produce a show on their own and put it on one of the Christian networks. I'm quite sure that would be a miserable failure and that they would lose a lot of money. Josh was actually selling TLC some videos of the family that he took that were used on the show. He probably thinks he could do entire episodes. (Just speculation while my mind wanders, waiting for the next InTouch release on Wednesday.)

Bold: :lol: Me too, me too.

I would love to watch an independent Duggar program crash and burn, but I would hope it got aired on a network I can see (so, not UPtv). ;)

Archived