IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

After last nights interview, how on earth can Jessa and Jill walk out on a stage at the Alive Festival 2 weeks from now?????

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just read that the couple from TLC's "Little Couple, Big World" have filed for divorce. Looks like TLC is not having a great couple of weeks. TLC probably bears no responsibility (though it is impossible to accurately determine the effect of a reality show on a marriage) but the optics of the situation are not good. I bet they are chewing Tums by the handful over at TLC.

No one can know what would have happened to them had they stayed in the small house and had a normal life. But it's safe to say reality shows don't make for healthier relationships.

I just don't see how 19KAC can go on now. Part of the appeal of the show was that the fantasy of a wholesome family doing things "just a little bit differently" was real. Now we know, and can never not know. Who's going to care about how to make pickles now?

And in a related vein, I just watched the season 2 premier of Bringing up Bates and wow, what a snooze fest that was. After all of the Duggar news in the past two weeks, seeing the Bates couples go out to dinner and hearing Kelly blather on and on about whatever was like ... just SHUT UP already. Who Cares???? Sorry, Bates, the Duggars have ruined the fantasy... go away.

At least The Willis family is kinda of talented.

After last nights interview, how on earth can Jessa and Jill walk out on a stage at the Alive Festival 2 weeks from now?????

I'm wondering that too. I see that Josh and Anna aren't going to the event anymore. Jessa and Jill were just awful in the interview and I'm finding it hard to sympathize with them. This might be bad of me, but I hope at least one person boos them and their husbands. But, I think if they do go to Alive, that might be their last paid speaking gig. I think they along with Boob and Mullet have turned off people more with those interviews.

I think they will be fine at the Alive Festival. I think most people recognize that it is Josh and parents fault and most people actually have sympathy for the girls. The conservative Christian teachings are all about forgiveness, so when Jill and Jessa hit the stage at the fest, it will be to rounds of applause. There may be a few booing, but the boos will be masked by the cheering. Jill and Jessa will go on and talk about how forgivenss is the corner-stone to healing and how horrific life experiences can bring you closer to God (and the crowd goes wild). Then they will talk about their marriages and everything will be alright in the Alive festival world.

Me, myself and I prefer the crunchier and more laid back Blissfest and I know they won't be there so I'm good, as I'm sure the people at Alive will be good with Jessa and Jill there talking about forgiveness.

Because all of the Duggars seem to be completely lacking in any kind of introspective abilities or self-awareness.

With 19KAC being cut from the channel, anyone else thinks it's time for TLC to bring back What Not to Wear? Yes/Yes? :P :pray:

With 19KAC being cut from the channel, anyone else thinks it's time for TLC to bring back What Not to Wear? Yes/Yes? :P :pray:

I would like to see trading spaces and moving up come back. I sure would like $1000 renovation ideas instead of 75k kitchen remodel shows. Moving up was realistic, lots of us buy older homes to be in good school districts or closer to the city or work. TLC needs to remember its popular shows and push away from families.

Because abuse victims recover from their experience and the stigma around it. Don't be hysterical. Their lives have to return to schedule at some point.

Because abuse victims recover from their experience and the stigma around it. Don't be hysterical. Their lives have to return to schedule at some point.

Are they being paid to appear? If so, I agree.

What these people need are paying jobs reflective of their educations and marketable skills.

I also wonder how they can appear at the Alive festival, not because I am "hysterical" but because their ignorance, narcissism and inability to say 2 words without one of them being "like" and the other "whenever" is stunning. They are two very uninteresting women. But I guess the true believers will eat it up with a spoon.

I would like to see trading spaces and moving up come back. I sure would like $1000 renovation ideas instead of 75k kitchen remodel shows. Moving up was realistic, lots of us buy older homes to be in good school districts or closer to the city or work. TLC needs to remember its popular shows and push away from families.

Trading Spaces YES! I can't remember Moving Up much. But I used to love Trading Spaces so much. It was our nightly show my mom, my sister and me when we all lived together. We would sit in front of the TV with a snack and watch the show and comment on the decoration. Great memories. Yes bring back shows like that TLC! I'm tired of freak families.

I would watch Trading Spaces too, especially if they brought back Paige. My aunt was almost on that show. She and her neighbor had some telephone interviews, and had to send in videos of the rooms, etc. It sounded favorable, and then they just stopped hearing from the show. The show was cancelled later that year.

I also wonder how they can appear at the Alive festival, not because I am "hysterical" but because their ignorance, narcissism and inability to say 2 words without one of them being "like" and the other "whenever" is stunning. They are two very uninteresting women. But I guess the true believers will eat it up with a spoon.

I'm not sure what I think about them getting back to work, as it were, since they're peddling a cult. Yes, go back to work. No, don't try to sell Gothardism.

The real reason I'm replying, and it's nothing personal, it's just that I happened to see your post in a timely fashion, is that "whenever" being used they way they do is part of their regional dialect and, while I agree it's jarring and potentially confusing to people outside the American South, they don't do it because they're Duggars. IMO it's a "bitch eating crackers" complaint (which I'm not knocking and I've been known to make BEC complaints myself), it's a bit of a distraction from the many real problems with the Duggars and Gothardism.

Again, I'm not criticizing you, specifically. :)

ETA a pretty crummy source, but the best I can do right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ASou ... h#Whenever

I wasn't aware I was being "Hysterical". What I saw Friday night was a pair of marginally educated, painfully inarticulate young women who are unable to carry on a normal conversation without a script loaded with bullshit statistics and Gothardite platitudes. The interview was a trainwreck.

I loved that show and I miss it. I also didn't mind some of the tattoo shows to some extent.

Well, it looks like the Duggars won't be back on TV for a good long while, if they ever do make a come back. So now what? I admit I'm pretty intrigued by the huge mega-families. The Duggars were my primary mega-family but like a bad crack habit it is time to let them go. I tried today to wean myself off of FJ and I've been slightly successful, the detox wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But now I'm struggling with the concept of where do I go from here? I don't think I can stomach the Bates anymore after what has happened, watching the Bates is kind of like waiting for the other shoe to drop, I just can't do it. The Willis family bores me beyond belief, I know they seem like a nice family, but no family can be that great... the Duggars are proof of that. So that leaves me with one choice to fulfill my mega-family fetish, Alaskan Bush People. Now I know they aren't exactly a double digit mega-family, but they have 7 kids.. that's pretty big by today standards. Some of you may say.. But wait- they have criminal charges pending from receiving a stipend from the State of Alaska when they did not reside there all year from a few years back... but you know what? After all that has went down in the last two weeks with the Duggars.. I don't care, it is not a violent crime they are accused of or a sexually related crime.. so I'm kind of okay with it, it just shows they are not perfect and that is somewhat of a relief. Other people may say "but it is fake, it is totally scripted"... and I say, it's okay they make me laugh like really big belly laughs, so what if it is more a sitcom than reality TV at this point I don't care, they are effing funny. So my new family of choice is Alaskan Bush People. What family are you going to pay attention to after this debacle?

My own, same as usual. :) I don't need another family to watch or ??? .

I can barely remember the King family TV specials and the Lennon sisters ( on Lawrence Welk), and well remember the Jackson Five, the Osmonds, and the fictitious Partridge Family. That's a load of mega- families when I was a child. Oh, and the Cartwrights and the Laura Wilder Ingalls books might count too, LOL.

Also, we try to help people/ families in need. Hubby and I are anonymously philanthropic. Not having any family of our own except each other ( everyone else who falls into the category of " family" is either completely independent or dead) makes it a true joy to spread good happy things and times with others. :)

I think this whole scandal could have been avoided if TLC would have paid attention to the number of people who signed a petition a few months ago to cancel 19kac because of the Duggars' intolerance of the LGBTQ community. When will TLC listen and learn?

How can TLC support a group like the Duggars who so openly hate the LGBTQ community? I thought that their reality shows are supposed to be about the acceptance of differences, showing that we are all humans who face challenges and experience triumphs and failures. A hate group doesn't fit in.

Well, it looks like the Duggars won't be back on TV for a good long while, if they ever do make a come back. So now what? I admit I'm pretty intrigued by the huge mega-families. The Duggars were my primary mega-family but like a bad crack habit it is time to let them go. I tried today to wean myself off of FJ and I've been slightly successful, the detox wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But now I'm struggling with the concept of where do I go from here? I don't think I can stomach the Bates anymore after what has happened, watching the Bates is kind of like waiting for the other shoe to drop, I just can't do it. The Willis family bores me beyond belief, I know they seem like a nice family, but no family can be that great... the Duggars are proof of that. So that leaves me with one choice to fulfill my mega-family fetish, Alaskan Bush People. Now I know they aren't exactly a double digit mega-family, but they have 7 kids.. that's pretty big by today standards. Some of you may say.. But wait- they have criminal charges pending from receiving a stipend from the State of Alaska when they did not reside there all year from a few years back... but you know what? After all that has went down in the last two weeks with the Duggars.. I don't care, it is not a violent crime they are accused of or a sexually related crime.. so I'm kind of okay with it, it just shows they are not perfect and that is somewhat of a relief. Other people may say "but it is fake, it is totally scripted"... and I say, it's okay they make me laugh like really big belly laughs, so what if it is more a sitcom than reality TV at this point I don't care, they are effing funny. So my new family of choice is Alaskan Bush People. What family are you going to pay attention to after this debacle?

That's probably because it's not your money they stole, nor are they making a mockery of the way you live. It's a felony to commit fraud. Just because it's not a violent crime doesn't mean that they aren't criminals. They committed fraud.

Nothing about the "Bush People" is even remotely accurate. I can't wait for this show to be cancelled when Discovery realizes that the tax credit program is done. Of all of the Exploiting Alaska shows, this one is by far one of the worst, most embarrassing shams of a show.

I saw TLC had a honey boo boo rerun on in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. My DVR is showing Honey boo boo reruns coming back on starting in June 22nd. Can anyone else check and see if they are showing Honey boo boo coming back? I wonder if TLC is testing to see if viewers have forgotten about June or if viewers will write in and complain or let them get away with the reruns? or could it be a deal with June, TLC get honey boo boo back if they keep the Duggars? the episode do not indicate if they are new of not.

The latest news about TLC is that they are running a special that was to go on Discovery. It's about a man in England born without a penis and no one in his adult life has known this.

The explanation for the schedule change from Discovery to TLC was " the Duggar mess",

I read this on CNN, and I was like " Do they really realize what they are putting on the air instead of Josh Duggar?"

I'm sure there will be people interested in the poor man, but it's some really strange thinking on the part of TLC (and the man with the condition whom it seems would want to remain anonymous).

Archived