IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

TLC is probably right now out looking for a large fundie dwarf family whose oldest daughter is courting the tallest guy in the state and whose adorable 5 year old son is already preaching the gospel on Sunday nights.

The Duggars will never be back. No specials, no repeats, no nothin'.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no. way. they can salvage this show especially after these interviews. Jill and Jessa going on Megyn Kelly is messed up. They clearly need psychological help and I don't know why they are being interviewed... and they still want to be on TV???

They spent many of their formative years on television. It makes sense to me that they would want to continue with what they know. It's probably more comfortable, even if it doesn't look like it from our perspective.

I wonder how much longer TLC can put off the decision? I don't know about filming timelines for the show but under normal circumstances, would they be filming now for the next season? This last season was 12 episodes (more than twice the number of episodes of any other TLC show) and ended in early May. If they were coming back in September or October, they would be filming the family now, I would think. I just don't see what more information TLC needs to make their decision or perhaps there are dueling opinions on whether or not to keep the show. But, even then, somebody would need to step forward and decide. The longer this goes on, the more foolish TLC and their parent company looks.

I know Daily Mail does not have a sterling reputation, but I thought the points made by Piers Morgan were spot on. I don't know what FJ rules are about copying an entire article ( copyright laws) so I'm linking it.

He articulates so much about the legal abuses the parents have perpetrated, about the double standards, and the lengths they went to continue their deception and fraud.

I sincerely hope someone who is " on the fence" about the Duggars sees the unvarnished, simple talk truth in this article. He is not " out to get" anyone, but this is the truth, as I see it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nting.html

My prediction as of this morning: In tonight's Jessa and Jill tearful interview, they will be asked if they want the show to continue. They will cry and say no, they want their families to be able to heal in privacy. They love TLC and all the crew, they loved having the "ministry" of the show, but they want to focus on their husbands and babbbbies now.

TLC announces that in deference to Duggar wishes, the series is canceled. Everyone gets a semi- graceful exit, and TLC gets patted on the back for "respecting the wishes of the victims."

post-10637-14452000387848_thumb.jpg

Saw this post circulating on numerous fan pages this morning. A 'family friend' of the Duggars has come out to say that the show is over. I can't confirm or deny the source but supposedly this guy really does know the family.

Edit: Snooped around his page and it appears he's legit. He has photos of him with the Duggars.

https://instagram.com/p/03VlrMiOsm/

https://instagram.com/p/zaqZtCiOtc/

I know Daily Mail does not have a sterling reputation, but I thought the points made by Piers Morgan were spot on. I don't know what FJ rules are about copying an entire article ( copyright laws) so I'm linking it.

He articulates so much about the legal abuses the parents have perpetrated, about the double standards, and the lengths they went to continue their deception and fraud.

I sincerely hope someone who is " on the fence" about the Duggars sees the unvarnished, simple talk truth in this article. He is not " out to get" anyone, but this is the truth, as I see it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nting.html

Well hush my mouth. I have a new found respect for Piers Morgan. :shock:

He's spot on throughout!

5) They claim none of the victims knew they were being abused, which is obviously palpable nonsense given that some were awake when it happened. The reality is their parents conned them into thinking the abuse wasn’t as bad as it was. Just as they have, for years, conned them into thinking their weird, twisted, religiously zealous, goody-two-shoes lifestyle is ‘normal’ too.

Indeed.

19) They want to continue being TV stars. That means putting their 19 kids on public display at the same time they are demanding privacy for them. This actually makes me laugh, it’s so incredibly dumb.

Have to say though, I don't think Michelle said "Lesbian Agenda" , I think she said "There's been an agenda"... At least, that's what it sounds like to me.

[attachment=0]953.jpg[/attachment]

Saw this post circulating on numerous fan pages this morning. A 'family friend' of the Duggars has come out to say that the show is over. I can't confirm or deny the source but supposedly this guy really does know the family.

Edit: Snooped around his page and it appears he's legit. He has photos of him with the Duggars.

https://instagram.com/p/03VlrMiOsm/

https://instagram.com/p/zaqZtCiOtc/

I hope this is true. This is what should have happened when the first police report surfaced.

I hope so, I don't think TLC should allow it to continue. Although then again, they like exploiting people, and would probably do a real life Hunger Games if they thought they could get away with it.

Did some more snooping and that same Perry guy clarified that the show's not continuing with or without Josh, which seems to imply there won't be a spin-off either.

They spent many of their formative years on television. It makes sense to me that they would want to continue with what they know. It's probably more comfortable, even if it doesn't look like it from our perspective.

Money makes everything more comfortable, and Jessa in particular is going to have a tough time if Jim Bob tells her and Ben to leave and cleave. He can't support everyone. Josh's family alone is 6 and counting and Josh's employment prospects right now are worse than Ben's.

I'm not making light of the opinions or the feelings of two of the victims, but these women have been brainwashed to believe what Josh did was wrong but not really that big a deal. Equal to Michelle stealing the money out of that lady's change purse when she was a kid at the public pool.

There is no. way. they can salvage this show especially after these interviews. Jill and Jessa going on Megyn Kelly is messed up. They clearly need psychological help and I don't know why they are being interviewed... and they still want to be on TV???

Agree on both points.

Regarding the first: not that I felt there was much of a chance that the show would survive after news of the molestations came out but you can bet your bottom dollar that JB was huddled with TLC to keep it going anyway. I mean look at how clueless he and J'chelle were in that interview. They have no effing idea about how damning this is; how it makes them look as parents. If they can delude themselves this much, then it's probable they were deluded that the show could continue in some shape or form. And in light of that, these interviews were a really, really bad idea.

And Jessa and Jill doing an interview is an even worse idea. I do sympathize with them. They were victimized by their own brother and I can see how they feel they are being victimized yet again by the media. However, then why go on TV if privacy is what you want? Why dance with the media devil?

I agree that they need psychological help. Both must be going through a sh*tload of mixed feelings but they have been taught to stuff the bad feelings aside in favor of supporting the family, both emotionally and monetarily.

Well hush my mouth. I have a new found respect for Piers Morgan. :shock:

He's spot on throughout!

5) They claim none of the victims knew they were being abused, which is obviously palpable nonsense given that some were awake when it happened. The reality is their parents conned them into thinking the abuse wasn’t as bad as it was. Just as they have, for years, conned them into thinking their weird, twisted, religiously zealous, goody-two-shoes lifestyle is ‘normal’ too.

Indeed.

19) They want to continue being TV stars. That means putting their 19 kids on public display at the same time they are demanding privacy for them. This actually makes me laugh, it’s so incredibly dumb.

Have to say though, I don't think Michelle said "Lesbian Agenda" , I think she said "There's been an agenda"... At least, that's what it sounds like to me.

With this spot-on article, the Daily Mail did not fail.

With this spot-on article, the Daily Mail did not fail.

WTAF is wrong with the world when I find myself agreeing with Piers "Morgan" Moron and the Daily Mail?!

:angry-banghead:

TLC announces that in deference to Duggar wishes, the series is canceled. Everyone gets a semi- graceful exit, and TLC gets patted on the back for "respecting the wishes of the victims."

Hmmm.... good point. :think: Perhaps this is how they will exit...

In a situation like this, does the network doing the interview, FOX, give TLC and advanced look at the interview or does TLC have to view it in real time like everybody else?

Money makes everything more comfortable, and Jessa in particular is going to have a tough time if Jim Bob tells her and Ben to leave and cleave. He can't support everyone. Josh's family alone is 6 and counting and Josh's employment prospects right now are worse than Ben's.

Jessa and Jill could be just fine. Maybe they should think of their roots and what their belief system usually means for newly married couples. I can't imagine Jill and Jessa don't have a little nest egg from selling the wedding & pregnancy photos to magazines and possibly TLC money. Ben and Derick have degrees. Derick could stay at his job and they downsize their home(there are some super nice homes in his brother Dan's neighborhood for under 100k 3/4 bedrooms) and live like a regular newlywed couple on their own. Ben's degree might not be as practical as Derick but maybe he could go back to state farm, or some entry level position and they get a modular home discounted from his dad or rent or buy a little starter home. Again they are better off then most newlywed's at age 20/22, they have nice furnishings and wedding and baby gifts, savings and a location with cheap housing. Jessa and Jill have options. It is their choice to try and save the show or remain on tv.

I think Josh could be okay as well. I imagine he bought the 55k house for cash. He has to have some savings from the show and media ops and speaking ops. Jim Bob will help him buy some storage units or a business that has monthly income that does not have Josh's face on the side. If Josh has no house payment and goes back to one car and one van, they could live off of $3k a month from some sort of rental type income. Forgetting how I feel about Josh right now, during an interview I think he was honest when he said he and Anna missed the simple life of the small house. I think Josh and Anna might do better living in the 55k home living a simple life off of tv.

I not only think that the show will be cancelled but that this will be the sentinel event leading to at least one of the kids leaving the lifestyle. No matter how much they are told to keep sweet, the fact is the kids spent the last 10 years with a public following their every trip and life event. Some of the kids will be happy to not give birth on a toilet in front of millions, others will wonder where their gift grab is and People magazine cover and why they need to get a real minimum wage job instead of working for Duggar's incorporated.

Jessa and Jill could be just fine. Maybe they should think of their roots and what their belief system usually means for newly married couples. I can't imagine Jill and Jessa don't have a little nest egg from selling the wedding & pregnancy photos to magazines and possibly TLC money. Ben and Derick have degrees. Derick could stay at his job and they downsize their home(there are some super nice homes in his brother Dan's neighborhood for under 100k 3/4 bedrooms) and live like a regular newlywed couple on their own. Ben's degree might not be as practical as Derick but maybe he could go back to state farm, or some entry level position and they get a modular home discounted from his dad or rent or buy a little starter home. Again they are better off then most newlywed's at age 20/22, they have nice furnishings and wedding and baby gifts, savings and a location with cheap housing. Jessa and Jill have options. It is their choice to try and save the show or remain on tv.

I think Josh could be okay as well. I imagine he bought the 55k house for cash. He has to have some savings from the show and media ops and speaking ops. Jim Bob will help him buy some storage units or a business that has monthly income that does not have Josh's face on the side. If Josh has no house payment and goes back to one car and one van, they could live off of $3k a month from some sort of rental type income. Forgetting how I feel about Josh right now, during an interview I think he was honest when he said he and Anna missed the simple life of the small house. I think Josh and Anna might do better living in the 55k home living a simple life off of tv.

I hope this is the case- but no matter, in the long run the kids are better if THEY have some CHOICES- as opposed to Gothard or daddy calling all the shots, especially in terms of family size.

I just read that the couple from TLC's "Little Couple, Big World" have filed for divorce. Looks like TLC is not having a great couple of weeks. TLC probably bears no responsibility (though it is impossible to accurately determine the effect of a reality show on a marriage) but the optics of the situation are not good. I bet they are chewing Tums by the handful over at TLC.

I don't watch TLC so didn't know the Roloff's were still on the air. ( I did see them one fall selling pumpkins as part of their show).

I saw Meghan Kelly's " interview" with Jessa and Jill. I hink now, more than ever, that because they played the " Media re-victimized us" card, they are toast as far as a spin off goes. Do they not realize that TV is " media" too?

Also, I think they both showed that they are not able to carry a show by themselves, even a happy type " look a the grown Duggar women" show. They seemed to hide behind their hair and just not be up to the task of discussing things they say they don't even remember.

Amnesia certainly is rampant in that family.

Am I the ONLY one who wonders how the babysitter said to be the non-family member who was molested by Josh feels about the " We forgave Josh MANY years ago" party line?

If that is true, I'm guessing the Duggars will still be tabloid figures, although perhaps on the periphery. I remember seeing articles about Kate and Jon and the 8 well after the show was canceled, and then, of course, Kate got some "specials."

I'd be surprised if this is the last we see of them at all on TV, but who knows?

Maybe in five or 10 years, there will be an update show: "The Duggars: The Kids Aren't All Right."

Everyone in that family has gotten use to a lifestyle via tlc. The trips, the money, the attention, the thumpers. They have macbooks, North face, designer hand backs, I phones, a huge ass house, the plane, the magazine spreads, the hanging out with politicians/ d list celebs. No more tlc show means all of this goes away. Jessa is married to an unemployed boy. She should be worried. Derrick has a career. He'll be fine as long as he doesn't spit out 20 kids. JimChelle are going to be affected the most. They're attention whores. No more JB humping is wife on national tv. Or Michelle and that damn binkini story

I just checked Tuesday cable ratings just to see how TLC was doing. the Willis family didn't even make the top 100 cable shows on of the night and the little couple got 1.7 million which is down about 1 million viewers from last year. No other show besides the little couple was in the top 100.

Are viewers boycotting TLC? is this good or bad. I fear if the ratings drop for other shows , TLC will bring the Duggars back.

I just checked Tuesday cable ratings just to see how TLC was doing. the Willis family didn't even make the top 100 cable shows on of the night and the little couple got 1.7 million which is down about 1 million viewers from last year. No other show besides the little couple was in the top 100.

Are viewers boycotting TLC? is this good or bad. I fear if the ratings drop for other shows , TLC will bring the Duggars back.

The ratings have been in the toilet for TLC for the past week so it appears people are boycotting their network. Maybe TLC has a way to determine if the boycott is being done by fans or foes of the show. The TLC Facebook page has more people boycotting than supporting in terms of comments, if that is a determining factor. Whatever they decide, some group is going to continue to boycott them. It's a mess for them.

Archived