IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting Pulled From Line-Up/Show Future - Merge

nomoxian

I think they're trying to play their cards right so they can bring back the show (minus Josh) next season. That pic on People makes it look like they're such a nice christian couple that has had something tragic happen to them. It's like a pic they would have used right after losing Jubilee or if somebody just got diagnosed with cancer. Really trying to play on people's emotions, poor poor Duggars! What a sweet family! Such a shame that this happened to them! Same with the interview, I'll bet money that it will paint them as a lovely family who have had something heartbreaking happen to them, and came through it through the grace of God! Forget all about their part in things, forget the hypocrisy, forget the lack of actual counseling for anybody involved or the fact that they allowed continued access to little girls. In September, that damn show will be back on TLC.

Yep.

They want the show back.

The PR- interview etc. is an exercise in white washing their image.

I hope like hell they don't get it.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TLC NL (The Netherlands) just announced that they will NOT air season 10. We are a little behind here. The season was scheduled to start at the 20th of July.

I almost died laughing at this post.

Anybody who thinks 'reality' TV can accurately portray any religion (or anything, really- even the Biggest Loser is the Biggest Lie) makes me giggle.

The Biggest Loser has pissed off a lot of people and some people in fitness and healthcare have called out the show on a lot of shit.

If they want so badly to live an insular life away from rhe secular world, why are they on tv? You can't have it both ways! Isn't there CBN or something that can give them a show? Or is that just a production company with no actual network? Or why not ask Faux News to give them an hour every week?

I hope they go away forever. I never want to hear a parent or interviewer use rhe phase "train the children" again. You TEACH children how to think! You train a dog or soldier to run through commands!

I've got a real sick feeling that 19 Kids and Counting will be back, sans Josh. TLC loved this show, promoted this show more than any other and feels that they owe it to the fans to keep the show. I bet they are thinking the firestorm will be short-lived and that the bottom line will be worth it. But, I do feel that the Duggar brand is forever tainted and the ratings will be lower but not low enough to cancel the show. If nothing else was accomplished, at least information about Quiverfull is out there like never before. The Duggars are a sad joke and TLC is a sad joke but there are so many fans that are willing to excuse just about anything because this is a conservative Christian family.They look at everything, even a crime like Josh committed, through a prism of Democrat vs Republican, Liberal vs Conservative, their religious freedom vs the rest of us. 19 Kids will be back with a mea culpa and then things will be as before as if nothing happened, though they will have to do it without Josh.

I've got a real sick feeling that 19 Kids and Counting will be back, sans Josh. TLC loved this show, promoted this show more than any other and feels that they owe it to the fans to keep the show. I bet they are thinking the firestorm will be short-lived and that the bottom line will be worth it. But, I do feel that the Duggar brand is forever tainted and the ratings will be lower but not low enough to cancel the show. If nothing else was accomplished, at least information about Quiverfull is out there like never before. The Duggars are a sad joke and TLC is a sad joke but there are so many fans that are willing to excuse just about anything because this is a conservative Christian family.They look at everything, even a crime like Josh committed, through a prism of Democrat vs Republican, Liberal vs Conservative, their religious freedom vs the rest of us. 19 Kids will be back with a mea culpa and then things will be as before as if nothing happened, though they will have to do it without Josh.

I think if the media hype dies down this is what they will do, although with some different sponsors. Our attention span is short and they are counting on it. If the media manages to keep this in the front of people's minds it will slow down the return, and maybe even require them to skip season (is it normally on for a standard season for fall to spring? When would they generally announce the new season?).

Was he getting paid to be there? Was a "love Offering" involved?

Did they pass the plate?

I don't know (of course they did, lol), but I saw more FJ opinions on JB and I admit I may still be a little bit naive about how devout he really is. But he's a terrible actor, so I don't think he could fake it very convincingly! :lol:

I just watched as much as I could of the May 3 service that the Duggars attended (see Halcione's post). The older girls are mostly smiling their hearts out with just the occasional flash of despair/irritation. Jessa and Josiah look pretty happy. The younger ones and some of the boys look more disgruntled. Josh is as swarmy as ever and JB and Michelle are right on brand. The only one who looks really upset is Anna. I wondered if she was having contractions - she looked that pained. She really only smiled when she looked down at her children or realized the camera was on her. An interesting video and thanks to Halcione for finding it.

Important note: I had to skip over the parts where the children sang/played instruments and I could not listen to M and JBs talk…that breathy little girl voice of Michelle's and JB's smugness was more than I was up for tonight so I have no idea if the mood of the children changed later in the video.

If the show does come back in one form or another, it will be interesting to follow the ratings numbers. I think TLC generally keeps shows if they have 1 million viewers or more. (I don't know this as fact but if they have less than 1 million, they probably get looked at by the execs.) That's not a lot of people. Of late, the Duggars were bringing in 3 million or so. So they could lose a lot and still maintain their show. The question is how many hardcore fans will stick with the show and I don't think 1 million is an out of reach number. If this scenario plays out though, JB will not be able to say they have the highest rated show on TLC because other shows will exceed that number. Any way you look at it, they will have lost some viewers....how many is the question. Normally I would say that few people would support them but then I see the comments from their fans and I despair.

This may be slightly OT Tv was way more liberal than you think in the mid 60's to mid 80s. "Maude" talked about once taboo issues like abortion and menopause and her parent show "All in the Family" probably wouldnt get on air today.. "Soap" featured a gay character. Bossom Buddies feature men who dressed as women to get a cheap apartment."Mary Tyler Moore' featured an unmarried woman in her early mid 30s. The show didnt end with a baby and husband. Now, I feel characters like Carrie Bradshaw make unmarried childless women look shallow. Fred Sanford said the N word on an episode of "Sanford and Son". Then there was George Jefferson. Even modern mainstream youth today would be appalled at some themes then.

I think the DUggars said they watch select episodes of Andy Griffith". What could b so 'defrauding " about Andy Griffith?

I remember an episode of All in the Family where everyone on the block decides to sell their house and move bc a black family moved in and that meant their properties would lose value and crime rates would go up.

Three's Company had a male character pretending to be a gay man so he could room with two girls. They were all straight and all clearly had sex with multiple people throughout the show.

Roseanne really tackled some topics that no one wanted to mention at the time, like abortion, birth control, teen pregnancy, teen elopement, hating your daughter's boyfriend, domestic abuse, racism, being poor, having next to no money. At one point they have the power shut off bc they couldn't afford to pay the electric bill. The Conners were more real than the Duggars will ever be in front of cameras.

I agree that it will back. And right in time for Jessa to give birth after Jill announces she's pregnant again. Instead of the line up we current have, It will just be pictures, very similar to the whole family picture in the original series (where it's JB and J'chelle standing in the center and then kids are popped in) while J'chelle will say something about having 19! children and birthing them all! bc we have clearly forgotten that. (And it will include Josh, albeit in the back and somewhat hidden bc he is part of the 19 brand) Then she'll say something about how three are married and they have 5! grandchildren and that's where we will see the grandchildren all together - including the M'kids - without their parents. That way they can still have the grandkids counted but not remind people that four of them are from an admitted child molester. And then she'll say how there's 1! on the way and we'll get a sonogram picture of baby Seaweed. The intro has to change bc they need to hide Josh a bit but within a year or two, he'll be back and they won't worry about hiding him bc this whole mess will be forgotten. As someone else mentioned, the public has a very short attention span. TLC is counting on that. JB and J'chelle are counting on that. Sponsors - particularly Lowes - are counting on that. Mark my words: 19kac isn't going anywhere. The name may change, but the show will remain.

This may be slightly OT Tv was way more liberal than you think in the mid 60's to mid 80s. "Maude" talked about once taboo issues like abortion and menopause and her parent show "All in the Family" probably wouldnt get on air today.. "Soap" featured a gay character. Bossom Buddies feature men who dressed as women to get a cheap apartment."Mary Tyler Moore' featured an unmarried woman in her early mid 30s. The show didnt end with a baby and husband. Now, I feel characters like Carrie Bradshaw make unmarried childless women look shallow. Fred Sanford said the N word on an episode of "Sanford and Son". Then there was George Jefferson. Even modern mainstream youth today would be appalled at some themes then.

I think the DUggars said they watch select episodes of Andy Griffith". What could b so 'defrauding " about Andy Griffith?

To the bolded, Jim Bob's chief complaint was that Andy and company had problems that weren't fixed through prayer. In other words, the characters might start or stumble into problems, but they should have prayed to God more in order to find a solution, and then it would have been a better show overall.

To the bolded, Jim Bob's chief complaint was that Andy and company had problems that weren't fixed through prayer. In other words, the characters might start or stumble into problems, but they should have prayed to God more in order to find a solution, and then it would have been a better show overall.

You know, instead of actually using some ingenuity and effort to solve the problem yourself. :doh:

You know, instead of actually using some ingenuity and effort to solve the problem yourself. :doh:

There's a perfectly logical reason why you don't see people on TV praying all the time: it derails the plot. In a 22 minute program, every minute is precious. Besides, what kind of show would it be if Andy et al just prayed to God and waited for something to happen? A terrible show, that's what. The only show I can think of that regularly shows the characters praying and going to church is The Simpsons, and even then it's done for comedy ' s sake.

I don't know (of course they did, lol), but I saw more FJ opinions on JB and I admit I may still be a little bit naive about how devout he really is. But he's a terrible actor, so I don't think he could fake it very convincingly! :lol:

OMG this is terrible! It's ridiculously boring and makes me wants to punch my head through a wall.

Her story about stealing money and desperately wanting to tell her parents the truth? Bullshit. It's all bullshit. Which someone turns into her having "an eating disorder" (she actually uses the words "eating disorder"). Now she's saying some movie about the end of the world (what movie is this? popular at the time, so when she was 15 it was 1982?) is what opened her eyes to god and made her become a christian bc her friend told her that she wouldn't go to hell bc jesus would forgive her. and then she went to school the very next day and wanted to save everyone! She wanted everyone to know they could be saved! They could be forgiven! :roll: She started listening to christian music and now she had a reason to live. Too bad I no longer have a reason for living bc this is fucking horrible.

She "played the dating game". (She was 15 and had been playing this game for a while. Exactly when did she start dating boyfriends?!) Her boyfriend didn't like talking about the lord. But thank god she had a christian counselor at her public school. He told her to trust god with her love life and to break up with that heathen boyfriend. God "made it easy" for her "to give up that relationship".

JB's turn. Oh boy.

He went to Shiloh christian school from sixth grade on. He's so happy his loser father and strong mommy put him in that school. The school held a dating seminar. (I can not make this shit up) They had a series of commitments for the kids to agree to at this seminar. The first one was that they couldn't date anyone who wasn't a christian. They also couldn't date anyone who wouldn't love jesus as much as they did. JB didn't want to play the dating game bc it seemed like he would be giving his heart away. So he prayed that god would bring him this girl. :roll: He says his mommy was "a soul winner" and "an evangelism explosion trainer". She would take people to laundry mats to share the gospel and help them learn how to share their faith. (She really is the driving force behind this whole mess.) JB and Fred - some random friend - decided to go out and see people. Fred told her about some girl who just became a christian and was a cheerleader. And then that's the story of J'chelle we've heard a thousand times over. (I like how her story is about how she fucked up and was a sinner bent on hell but his story is about how awesome he was for getting to go to christian school.) She was so excited about being a christian and wanting to learn! Oh yay! He wanted to be her spiritual leader! Of course he didn't think she would ever be interested in someone like him. Of course not. He didn't call her or anything but he prayed for her and prayed for her over the next year. (There are not enough eye rolls for this bullshit) He tells his girls "don't marry a dud" and they should marry a man who is on fire for god. Bc having a career or any sort of independence means nothing. A man with a good education and a job is worth nothing if he doesn't have a hard on for jesus.

He told a daughter a couple days ago that they've seen a lot of miracles in their life. The number one miracle in his life? That J'chelle married him. He said it at the TTH so it was to Jinger or Jana. He doesn't say which one. Probably bc he can't remember.

People were living in their shed out back? They were ministering to homeless people and taught sunday school before the kids were born. Now they have their own bus full of minister - haha :roll: Jesus needs to be a priority in their life. They need a fear of the lord and jesus needs his rightful place in their heart.

Apparently now her parents were going to move to North Carolina right after she graduated. (I thought they moved back to Ohio, where they all are now??) Her dad told him this when she was 16. So he hurried up and got his real estate license and a bought a fixer upper house (at 17, 18?) Then he finally got her parents permission to marry her. When he asked the parents, her dad said "don't you think you want to go to college first?" "or the military or something?" JB said "but I have a job and a house and I love her" blah blah blah And her mother seriously said "Oh just let the boy marry the girl" and daddy said "okay". She is saying that he lived with them toward the end of his life.

They married young and they don't recommend that to everyone. (Despite having their own children marry young and unemployed) The night before their kids weddings, they give them a care package which includes some book called "love life for married couples" or something. This doctor/writer said they needed to make some commitments. The first was no pets for the first year of marriage. (But they encourage their own children to have children within the first year of marriage. Don't have a pet but by god have a baby! :angry-banghead: ) They're preaching to everyone about not having tv in their homes bc "it's a time waster and a robber. time is one of the most precious resources god has given us. if we use it wisely we will have great reward and great returns" Yet they have tv. She laughs about that saying "it's weird"

Oh boy. They knew they weren't ready for kids right away when they got married so she went on the birth control pill. "That's what everybody was doing. That's what all her friends were doing" (All of her 17 year old friends were on birth control??) Then she went off it and had Josh and went back on and had J'caleb and we've heard this story over and over again. Oddly enough, though, it's almost verbatim. It's like she memorized a script for the J'caleb story. Is it possible this never happened? That either she didn't have a miscarriage or that this miscarriage had nothing to do with their anti-birth control stance? :think: And now we're getting the laundry room story. "I feel like I can't kiss all these little faces and love them all" .. whoa, J'chelle, that means you should stop having children. Or at least stop having them so close together. She was crying saying she couldn't love all her children like they deserved. Outside of that quote, this story is almost verbatim as well from the other times we've heard it. Again, it feels like a script she memorized, and I'm now questioning whether this ever happened. Nana has a name now. Miss Anderson. I never heard her real name before this. She came for 13 years. If she started when Josh was around 7, that means she was there until he was 20, so she was still there when they were filming the regular series??? When Jessa was telling everyone how she did laundry back on one of the original 16k specials? Seriously? And then Mary came in after Nana stopped. Apparently Nana still teaches piano lessons on Monday mornings.

JB is now talking about he "would blow up with anger" with the kids. They went to a homeschool conference (big sandy?) where a dad was talking about having an anger problem. J'chelle jumps in and says he doesn't have an anger problem. He says it's just the kids who make him angry sometimes - haha. So this dad at the conference. His daughter asked him to pray to god about his anger problem. And like every good movie, he immediately turned to god and asked for forgiveness and then asked his family for forgiveness. This dad asked the kids to place a gentle hand on his arm when he got angry. I guess that's how the J'kids started doing that with J'chelle and JB. (I have to admit, I kind of like this idea. I hate how easily I get upset with my kids and how easily they get upset with each other. We all apologize to each other after the fact but I think something like this would be beneficial.) And now he's promoting that solvefamilyproblems.com bullshit. Don't go to that website. Don't give them hits. Just don't.

J'chelle: Freedom isn't the right to do what I want. It's the right to do what I ought. :cray-cray:

Seriously? The financial freedom seminar? "early on we got debt free. we rented for seven years and saved and then bought a fixer upper" .. wait a minute. He just said he bought a fixer upper before asking J'chelle to marry him. So which is it??

Back in 1997, one of the children had a dr appointment in Little Rock. He heard on the radio that at that time they were going to have a rally to ban partial birth abortion. So they decided to go to the dr appt and then swing by the capitol and participate in this rally. And that day changed their lives forever. They got there and the ban didn't pass so he decided to get into politics. "If you walk down the street and see someones house on fire, you knock on the door, you kick down the door and save those people". Our nation is confused about marriage. They want to let "transvestites" in the locker rooms. Everyone needs to call people to vote the right way. If the politicians aren't pro life and pro marriage, "run against them". We need the right people in office, dammit. :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: People need to stand for basic values. Christians have been so busy doing all these good things, that we've let the bad people fill these roles of judges and stuff. (How fucking crazy are these people?! Omg maybe it's bc I've never heard it all in one giant fuck-speech but holy fuck. They are fucking crazy.) They had prayer meetings with huckabee in his office. He appreciates Ronald Reagan, you know the actor from heathen hollywood. So god then impressed on him to run for US Senate. It wasn't verbal, it was just instant knowledge. He had doubts and didn't feel he could do it but jesus impressed it on him. God put it on his heart. He felt like moses, someone who wasn't a good speaker but was called to be so. Some christian minister told him to memorize a few lines and just repeat them over and over. (Gee .. sounds like what he's been doing ever since then.) They sold their house in that time and spent half the money on that failed campaign. How irresponsible is that? They had 13 children to feed and he blew half his money on a political campaign. Wow. "God, if it's your will, you can turn the voters hearts today .. whatever your will is, that's fine" They thanked god for losing bc they were on to their next task from jesus. The guy who beat him lost the general election and the person who beat him was the 51st vote for obamacare and he's the reason we have obamacare. We have obamacare bc JB wasn't there. :angry-banghead: He seriously said that!! AHHHHHH

So yeah, someone snapped a picture when they went to vote and that's how the show got started. We've heard this before. They thought maybe a woman who was considering abortion would see their family and decide not to have an abortion. :roll: He does confirm though that they started filming in December 2003, so I was right about that estimation. :cracking-up:

They've done over 225 shows? Damn. The show is not about a family? It's about making Jesus known and giving that hope to people.

God has supernaturally opened up a world wide ministry.

Maybe we can end with a word of prayer. "(Father), If we confess our sins, you will cleanse us of all unrighteousness" Now the pastor is praying for the duggar family. "The enemy would like to bring a spot on this family." Praying for a "hedge of protection around this family" … well that's certainly an odd thing to say there now isn't it?? This was 3 May, so three weeks before the story broke.

Alright. I'm going to bed. I'm sure to have nightmares.

Thank you for going through that frakfest with a fine tooth comb, LittleOleMe. I greatly appreciate it, since now I won't have to watch it, yay! :)

Something that's troubling me, though. I think Jim Bob might be lying about the part where he spent half the money from his house sale on his failed political bid for the Senate. For years now, it's been stated in numerous articles and on the Duggar Wikipedia page that Jim Bob spent somewhere in the $200,000 range for his campaign. So he's saying his house sold for $400,000? Unless he received campaign donations along the way, I'm just not seeing that happening. :think:

And his only real political platform was about trying to tell women what they could and couldn't do with their bodies. I can just see the cognitive dissonance when he tries to pray: "Lord, if it's your will that it should be passed into national law that women lose their own bodily autonomy, then we prayerfully ask you to consider our voting position at the polls today. Amen."

thank you for going through all that shit for us LIttle ole me

they seriously are whacked - become a judge and get into power so the right people are in power

they must think everyone is against them all the time and for good reason

then they transfer all that crap to the children and it eeks out and that dear people is what we were watching

I wonder now that the show is off the air - do the older girls breathe a sigh a relief or are they or at least half of them - wondering if it will come back

has anyone seen them who live around that area? because I am so surprised we have no sightings AT ALL of Jessa or Ben - when we used to have pap pictures of them

This is what drives me crazy about fundies...They say God is in control. God drove JB to politics...God had a reason for the loss...But that reason wasn't ObamaCare? Oh No, that's Satan's fault. His beliefs are infallible, so if something he disagrees with happens, that wasn't part of God's plan. Just like Josh's sins being exposed. That must have been the devil's work. Not part of God's plan! Maybe God WANTS to heal people with ObamaCare(not an endorsement or criticism on my part) and maybe God wants Josh's sin exposed. Didn't Jesus say that you follow government & laws because God created them? He can't fathom that maybe God didn't get him elected because God wanted ObamaCare passed. Maybe God had an early lesson for JB, by having them spend half their life savings. "Go into politics and public life and I will bankrupt you" Lol.

And if God told M to have all those kids with that miscarriage, should she maybe have thought that Josie's birth was a warning to stop? (That poor kid. On their last episode it was obvious she doesn't like talking about how she and mom almost died. She was in distress on camera.)

I've always thought M's miscarriage story was rehearsed. It wasn't mentioned in the first specials. If she is being honest, after 19 children, I would bet there are other miscarriages that were so early she didn't know, or just isn't saying because it doesn't prove a point about birth control. And yes, you can get pregnant on the pill. I did. But I didn't miscarry. If M is being honest she'd also tell people that you can become VERY fertile right after a pregnancy. And you have to wait after a birth, for a regular cycle and THEN use another form of birth control for a full 28 days after starting the pi :liar: ll.

OMG this is terrible! It's ridiculously boring and makes me wants to punch my head through a wall.

Her story about stealing money and desperately wanting to tell her parents the truth? Bullshit. It's all bullshit. Which someone turns into her having "an eating disorder" (she actually uses the words "eating disorder"). Now she's saying some movie about the end of the world (what movie is this? popular at the time, so when she was 15 it was 1982?) is what opened her eyes to god and made her become a christian bc her friend told her that she wouldn't go to hell bc jesus would forgive her. and then she went to school the very next day and wanted to save everyone! She wanted everyone to know they could be saved! They could be forgiven! :roll: She started listening to christian music and now she had a reason to live. Too bad I no longer have a reason for living bc this is fucking horrible.

She "played the dating game". (She was 15 and had been playing this game for a while. Exactly when did she start dating boyfriends?!) Her boyfriend didn't like talking about the lord. But thank god she had a christian counselor at her public school. He told her to trust god with her love life and to break up with that heathen boyfriend. God "made it easy" for her "to give up that relationship".

JB's turn. Oh boy.

He went to Shiloh christian school from sixth grade on. He's so happy his loser father and strong mommy put him in that school. The school held a dating seminar. (I can not make this shit up) They had a series of commitments for the kids to agree to at this seminar. The first one was that they couldn't date anyone who wasn't a christian. They also couldn't date anyone who wouldn't love jesus as much as they did. JB didn't want to play the dating game bc it seemed like he would be giving his heart away. So he prayed that god would bring him this girl. :roll: He says his mommy was "a soul winner" and "an evangelism explosion trainer". She would take people to laundry mats to share the gospel and help them learn how to share their faith. (She really is the driving force behind this whole mess.) JB and Fred - some random friend - decided to go out and see people. Fred told her about some girl who just became a christian and was a cheerleader. And then that's the story of J'chelle we've heard a thousand times over. (I like how her story is about how she fucked up and was a sinner bent on hell but his story is about how awesome he was for getting to go to christian school.) She was so excited about being a christian and wanting to learn! Oh yay! He wanted to be her spiritual leader! Of course he didn't think she would ever be interested in someone like him. Of course not. He didn't call her or anything but he prayed for her and prayed for her over the next year. (There are not enough eye rolls for this bullshit) He tells his girls "don't marry a dud" and they should marry a man who is on fire for god. Bc having a career or any sort of independence means nothing. A man with a good education and a job is worth nothing if he doesn't have a hard on for jesus.

He told a daughter a couple days ago that they've seen a lot of miracles in their life. The number one miracle in his life? That J'chelle married him. He said it at the TTH so it was to Jinger or Jana. He doesn't say which one. Probably bc he can't remember.

People were living in their shed out back? They were ministering to homeless people and taught sunday school before the kids were born. Now they have their own bus full of minister - haha :roll: Jesus needs to be a priority in their life. They need a fear of the lord and jesus needs his rightful place in their heart.

Apparently now her parents were going to move to North Carolina right after she graduated. (I thought they moved back to Ohio, where they all are now??) Her dad told him this when she was 16. So he hurried up and got his real estate license and a bought a fixer upper house (at 17, 18?) Then he finally got her parents permission to marry her. When he asked the parents, her dad said "don't you think you want to go to college first?" "or the military or something?" JB said "but I have a job and a house and I love her" blah blah blah And her mother seriously said "Oh just let the boy marry the girl" and daddy said "okay". She is saying that he lived with them toward the end of his life.

They married young and they don't recommend that to everyone. (Despite having their own children marry young and unemployed) The night before their kids weddings, they give them a care package which includes some book called "love life for married couples" or something. This doctor/writer said they needed to make some commitments. The first was no pets for the first year of marriage. (But they encourage their own children to have children within the first year of marriage. Don't have a pet but by god have a baby! :angry-banghead: ) They're preaching to everyone about not having tv in their homes bc "it's a time waster and a robber. time is one of the most precious resources god has given us. if we use it wisely we will have great reward and great returns" Yet they have tv. She laughs about that saying "it's weird"

Oh boy. They knew they weren't ready for kids right away when they got married so she went on the birth control pill. "That's what everybody was doing. That's what all her friends were doing" (All of her 17 year old friends were on birth control??) Then she went off it and had Josh and went back on and had J'caleb and we've heard this story over and over again. Oddly enough, though, it's almost verbatim. It's like she memorized a script for the J'caleb story. Is it possible this never happened? That either she didn't have a miscarriage or that this miscarriage had nothing to do with their anti-birth control stance? :think: And now we're getting the laundry room story. "I feel like I can't kiss all these little faces and love them all" .. whoa, J'chelle, that means you should stop having children. Or at least stop having them so close together. She was crying saying she couldn't love all her children like they deserved. Outside of that quote, this story is almost verbatim as well from the other times we've heard it. Again, it feels like a script she memorized, and I'm now questioning whether this ever happened. Nana has a name now. Miss Anderson. I never heard her real name before this. She came for 13 years. If she started when Josh was around 7, that means she was there until he was 20, so she was still there when they were filming the regular series??? When Jessa was telling everyone how she did laundry back on one of the original 16k specials? Seriously? And then Mary came in after Nana stopped. Apparently Nana still teaches piano lessons on Monday mornings.

JB is now talking about he "would blow up with anger" with the kids. They went to a homeschool conference (big sandy?) where a dad was talking about having an anger problem. J'chelle jumps in and says he doesn't have an anger problem. He says it's just the kids who make him angry sometimes - haha. So this dad at the conference. His daughter asked him to pray to god about his anger problem. And like every good movie, he immediately turned to god and asked for forgiveness and then asked his family for forgiveness. This dad asked the kids to place a gentle hand on his arm when he got angry. I guess that's how the J'kids started doing that with J'chelle and JB. (I have to admit, I kind of like this idea. I hate how easily I get upset with my kids and how easily they get upset with each other. We all apologize to each other after the fact but I think something like this would be beneficial.) And now he's promoting that solvefamilyproblems.com bullshit. Don't go to that website. Don't give them hits. Just don't.

J'chelle: Freedom isn't the right to do what I want. It's the right to do what I ought. :cray-cray:

Seriously? The financial freedom seminar? "early on we got debt free. we rented for seven years and saved and then bought a fixer upper" .. wait a minute. He just said he bought a fixer upper before asking J'chelle to marry him. So which is it??

Back in 1997, one of the children had a dr appointment in Little Rock. He heard on the radio that at that time they were going to have a rally to ban partial birth abortion. So they decided to go to the dr appt and then swing by the capitol and participate in this rally. And that day changed their lives forever. They got there and the ban didn't pass so he decided to get into politics. "If you walk down the street and see someones house on fire, you knock on the door, you kick down the door and save those people". Our nation is confused about marriage. They want to let "transvestites" in the locker rooms. Everyone needs to call people to vote the right way. If the politicians aren't pro life and pro marriage, "run against them". We need the right people in office, dammit. :pull-hair: :angry-banghead: People need to stand for basic values. Christians have been so busy doing all these good things, that we've let the bad people fill these roles of judges and stuff. (How fucking crazy are these people?! Omg maybe it's bc I've never heard it all in one giant fuck-speech but holy fuck. They are fucking crazy.) They had prayer meetings with huckabee in his office. He appreciates Ronald Reagan, you know the actor from heathen hollywood. So god then impressed on him to run for US Senate. It wasn't verbal, it was just instant knowledge. He had doubts and didn't feel he could do it but jesus impressed it on him. God put it on his heart. He felt like moses, someone who wasn't a good speaker but was called to be so. Some christian minister told him to memorize a few lines and just repeat them over and over. (Gee .. sounds like what he's been doing ever since then.) They sold their house in that time and spent half the money on that failed campaign. How irresponsible is that? They had 13 children to feed and he blew half his money on a political campaign. Wow. "God, if it's your will, you can turn the voters hearts today .. whatever your will is, that's fine" They thanked god for losing bc they were on to their next task from jesus. The guy who beat him lost the general election and the person who beat him was the 51st vote for obamacare and he's the reason we have obamacare. We have obamacare bc JB wasn't there. :angry-banghead: He seriously said that!! AHHHHHH

So yeah, someone snapped a picture when they went to vote and that's how the show got started. We've heard this before. They thought maybe a woman who was considering abortion would see their family and decide not to have an abortion. :roll: He does confirm though that they started filming in December 2003, so I was right about that estimation. :cracking-up:

They've done over 225 shows? Damn. The show is not about a family? It's about making Jesus known and giving that hope to people.

God has supernaturally opened up a world wide ministry.

Maybe we can end with a word of prayer. "(Father), If we confess our sins, you will cleanse us of all unrighteousness" Now the pastor is praying for the duggar family. "The enemy would like to bring a spot on this family." Praying for a "hedge of protection around this family" … well that's certainly an odd thing to say there now isn't it?? This was 3 May, so three weeks before the story broke.

Alright. I'm going to bed. I'm sure to have nightmares.

Best line of that whole thing- GMM (before she was GMM) took teens to Laundromats.

After reading the transcript of the Fox interview, I believe the show will not go on.

Michelle seemed to indicate that she would be just fine without the show, as if she has already had some word about it from TLC, or has made up her mind.

Of course, the Duggars are nothing if not liars, so she might have been gritting her teeth and lying through them, IDK.

If the show continues, I think TLC has an obligation to make sure they have a child psychologist on set when filming. And that each child knows and understands that they have a right to NOT be filmed at anytime. I still feel sick for Josie after watching the last episode, seeing her squirm and get distressed when they spoke about her birth, and almost dying. Right in front of her.

JB can get all legalistic on parents not being mandated reporters. (Nice set of ethics you got there, dude.) But TLC needs to be a reporter now.

I don't want to start a new thread, as there are about eleventy million here already,but-- am I the ONLY one here who is sick of seeing the Duggar toothy grins and big heads everywhere I go?

TV- there they are, on national news,even. Internet- On every Internet news site.

I want to go to Bora Bora on vacation this fall to the most gorgeous resort with amazingly beautiful and creative private suites they call "huts" built out in the ocean with glassed floors where you can watch the aquatic life by candlelight, but I swear, if we go, I bet the Duggars will be in the largest huts over the ocean ( segregated M and F of course).

I'm so sick of them and their lying for Josh so much.

I really think most of the country is sick of the scandal and extremely overloaded by the media saturation which is absolutely not positive towards the family at all, except the little comments by the Internet trolls all articles get.

Please god, make them go away. Just away. Out of the media. Enough is enough.

Saturation point was reached many days ago.I think I'm spending tomorrow in the pool with a huge pitcher of mimosas. I can't take any more Duggars for a while. Maybe not ever considering what they are lying about.

After reading the transcript of the Fox interview, I believe the show will not go on.

Michelle seemed to indicate that she would be just fine without the show, as if she has already had some word about it from TLC, or has made up her mind.

Of course, the Duggars are nothing if not liars, so she might have been gritting her teeth and lying through them, IDK.

I think that TLC gave the Duggars enough rope to hang themselves. If TLC was waiting to see the reaction to this interview, they've got more than enough reason to cancel the show now.

There is no. way. they can salvage this show especially after these interviews. Jill and Jessa going on Megyn Kelly is messed up. They clearly need psychological help and I don't know why they are being interviewed... and they still want to be on TV???

Archived