IGNORED

"50 years in the making" Gothard Unveils Embassy Institute

Rhetorica

Check it out here: embassyinstitute.org And the Staddons' breathless reporting of it here: staddonfamily.com/2011/06/17/education-for-life.

I love the way they frame it--as if this was the plan all along. Actually, it's more likely a stop-gap measure in response to dwindling seminar attendance and ATI membership. There doesn't appear to be much "new" material, just repackaging of the same old programs. Cute.

The Staddons seem to imply its an educational institution. Maybe enough QF babies have reached the age where the need some kind of 'degree' or else look like the morons they were raised to be? But I agree, this is a total retread of Gothard.

Does anybody else think the 'anger management' seminar logo looks like the volcano from Dianetics? It's rooted in about as much reality, I'm sure.

Notice that Ray Comfort is on the list of speakers. Dear oh dear, this must be the 'incredible thing' that god placed in his hands which he blogged about a couple of weeks ago. He said he wasn't at liberty to say what it was and that announcement would come in due time.

I decided to rain on his parade and posted about it in the comments on his blog. Because I'm nice like that ;)

Oh dear!

Further reading leads us to the frightful conclusion that dear ol' Bill has started a university!

Embassy University, which has 101 courses avaiable (one needs 127 credit hours to graduate with a Bachelors in...god knows what!)

http://embassyuniversityDOTorg/

Each credit hours costs $100 (a bargin $90 if you are ATI!)

And also requires you to purchase IBLP materials...website link helpfully provided here,

AND to have an active subscription to Embassy Institute, just $99 for a year!

A four year degree= $ 11,430 + $ 396 +materials of which I'm sure there will be MANY.

Bill seems to suggest what makes Embassy University different is:

"The distinguishing factor of Embassy University is that it is a "new" paradigm to education and different from most colleges in that you apply and teach what you have learned to others and report your results."

As a university lecturer myself I ask..has Bill ever been to college? (apparently he has...and is now claiming a Doctorate. Anyone see where he got that, did he give it to himself?)

edited for the silly mistakes... and to add:

"Embassy University degree programs include a Bachelor of Arts in Life Success, a Master of Arts in Stress Resolution, and a Doctor of Philosophy in International Solutions. Students will be trained to successfuly reach cities and nations in practical ways that will transform business, healthcare, education, and government!"

I still cannot get over the fact that Ray Comfort is on the faculty!

Nothing says prestigious like having Ray Comfort as one of your lecturers!

I still cannot get over the fact that Ray Comfort is on the faculty!

Nothing says prestigious like having Ray Comfort as one of your lecturers!

Exactly..."Ok, everyone, today we are going to learn about God's plan for agriculture. Take this banana..." ;)

(In case you haven't seen the notorious video to which I refer:

)

The Staddons seem to imply its an educational institution. Maybe enough QF babies have reached the age where the need some kind of 'degree' or else look like the morons they were raised to be? But I agree, this is a total retread of Gothard.

Does anybody else think the 'anger management' seminar logo looks like the volcano from Dianetics? It's rooted in about as much reality, I'm sure.

Why yes, the Emba$$y In$titute's illustration of "anger management" does look like the Dianetics volcano. And yes, it's rooted in about as much reality as the scam known as $cientology.

ETA: Of course, it doesn't look accredited at all.

Went to look at Emba$$y Univer$ity's website.

There's exactly ONE course listed. ONE.

And there's a PDF sample of the first lesson of the course, available here.

http://www.regonline.com/custImages/280 ... sample.pdf

This one page sample has "Embassy University Sample" screened on it probably 27 times. NO LIE. It's nearly impossible to read, which is probably exactly what Bill Goatherd (yes, I know it's Gothard) wants. It's all part of the big-ass snow job he's putting on gullible parents.

Fair Use Quote:

Step Four

Now that you have taken one person through this material, you will have

experience in going through the same information with other teenagers. Re-

peat this process as many times as you can, and have each one write a report of

the results in his or her life. This ministry will give you a wonderful foundation

to understanding the problems that people are having and also opportunities

to bring them lasting answers from the truths that you learn in this core cur-

riculum of Embassy University. Hours: ___

Dear Jesus, save me from your followers.

Isn't this just a repackaging of his seminars for the internet?

As a university lecturer myself I ask..has Bill ever been to college? (apparently he has...and is now claiming a Doctorate. Anyone see where he got that, did he give it to himself?)

edited for the silly mistakes... and to add:

"Embassy University degree programs include a Bachelor of Arts in Life Success, a Master of Arts in Stress Resolution, and a Doctor of Philosophy in International Solutions. Students will be trained to successfuly reach cities and nations in practical ways that will transform business, healthcare, education, and government!"

My understanding is that Moody Bible Institute (or someplace similar) gave him an honorary doctorate some years ago. As someone working on her (real) doctorate, I'd be offended if Gothard's circus weren't so obviously contrived. I mean, the last sentence you quoted above screams "propaganda machine"!

Archived