IGNORED

Erin Paine(Bates) is a momma!

karen77

Glad Erin is healthy and in good shape!

The way Chad looks at her gives me hope for the future. He'll take care of her. I don't think he would deny her anything.

Let's hope if and when a little girl Paine shows up, he'll do the same for her.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad and Erin are a beautiful-looking couple. I can't snark on them either, despite their hideous beliefs. They do deserve this happiness.

I have a blood clotting issue and took thinners during both my successful pregnancies. Both times I was carefully monitored and the plan was 36 weeks for a planned C-section. My first one made it to the goal and my second one I had a few weeks earlier then my goal but it turned out ok. The main planning was weaning off the thinners and making sure there were no clots in the cord in the 3rd trimester. I had some vascular complications that made me go on bed rest. The shots were a pain and so was the bed rest but I considered it a trade off to missing the last month of pregnancy and never feeling the pain of a contraction.

I'm glad Erin is a not a Duggar. I think her family and her husband both seem like they care way more about her health then popping out 19 kids. I could see Jill Duggar risking her life in a heartbeat. I had to use NFP for over 10 years since most hormonal BC is not good if you have a clotting disorder. I did not get pregnant using NPF but I do have to say I have an understanding spouse. I think after seeing 2 family members die during childbirth my husband knew how serious the situation was.

Silverspoons, thanks for the insight. Of course, I'd forgotten that hormonal BC and clotting issues don't go together! Maybe for Erin, this would make it easier to use NFP because there's no chance of her using hormonal BC. Can you use the non-hormonal copper IUD with clotting issues? I doubt Erin would go for one but I'm just curious.

I am happy for them. I know they are as fundie as the rest, but I do think that Erin, Michael, and Alyssa really found their perfect fundie matches. This is so important since their culture makes the women so dependent on the spouse. Chad seems to adore Erin and they look like such a happy family

I also have to say, all these Bates grandbabies are super adorable. I think the Bates have the cutest fundie grandkids so far, even though there are only three.

I have nothing snarky to say. These two are straight up adorable, they seem truly in love with each other and in awe of being parents together. I have hopes for them having a reasonably sized family and Chad having his wife's back in the best ways. Yes they'll probably always be some degree of fundie, but they seem to have chosen well in the life partner department and I think that will secure them both a degree of happiness and ease that other fundies may never have.

The way I could see it happen and be justified in a way is that they do NFP in a very loose way, where they just quietly decide to abstain during her fertile period (but maybe not do anything to actually test for fertility during that time) and her continuing to take folic acid just in case that fails and "God blesses them." That way they're not trying, at least for a long time, but they're leaving the door open for God's will, in a sense.

I also have a feeling that this will be the one fundie couple who, if they don't have another kid for a long time or ever, will not be whispered about or judged against in a big way by the rest of the family or others in their circle. However, I'm not sure I can say Michelle wouldn't - she seems like the person who would judge anyone who is not actively trying for all the baybees. But I think Gil and Kelly will just be grateful to still have their daughter and want her to stay alive beyond all else.

Well, since Kelly used medication to stay pregnant, I can definitely see Erin doing the same thing. When fundies say "leaving it up to God", what they really mean is leaving the number of children they have up to God AFTER using medical intervention (except methods that require anything other than sex to conceive) to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Those are two entirely different things.

Cute baby. I just hope his fundie parents don't leave him motherless because of their fucked up quiverful beliefs.

Aw, we didn't even get to have a Carson Paine birth watch thread! I did assume he would be born a bit early but I was thinking more between 37-38 weeks. Doctors know best though and I'm glad he's here and, though a little small, seems to be pretty healthy.

I'm not going to lie, though, I am sooooooo curious as to where Chad and Erin go from here. Erin apparently got pregnant FOUR TIMES between her wedding date in early November 2013 and when this successful pregnancy was conceived sometime in mid September 2014. And one of those four pregnancies lasted 8-9 weeks before it was lost and Erin needed a D&C. She is INSANELY fertile. So what are their options? They were both raised with the very strict view that doing anything, ANYTHING, to prevent a blessing from their god is a sin punishable by eternal damnation. It's my understanding that NFP is just as bad and wrong as abortion causing hormonal BC in the viewpoints they were raised with because while one CLEARLY KILLS BABBIES the other DEFIES GOD'S PLAN and all sins are equal blah blah blah. A vasectomy for Chad? HAH! There are 10 Paine in the Ass children and SIX of them are reversal babies. Getting a vasectomy is a SIN. It really seems like their only options are 1) never have sex again (AHAHAHA and also a woman denying her headship is VERY much against Got-hard's teachings), 2) keep getting pregnant and taking the pregnancy sustaining shots, birthing early, and putting Erin's body through hell and back for the next 20ish years she is fertile IF she lives that long, or 3) keep getting pregnant and miscarrying most of the embryos. What a shitty and devastating thing that would be.

Anyway THIS is the fundie family I'll be watching the closest for their next pregnancy announcement. I think when it happens (WHEN, not if) it will be very...telling as to which of those three options they go with (my bets are on number 2, sadly).

Well, since Kelly used medication to stay pregnant, I can definitely see Erin doing the same thing. When fundies say "leaving it up to God", what they really mean is leaving the number of children they have up to God AFTER using medical intervention (except methods that require anything other than sex to conceive) to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Those are two entirely different things.

Cute baby. I just hope his fundie parents don't leave him motherless because of their fucked up quiverful beliefs.

Honestly, I think of all the 2nd gen fundie couples we follow here...I think Chad and Erin are least likely to do this. I don't think they'll stop with one, but I also don't think they'll be racing to have 20 kids like her parents. Or even 10 like his.

I'm not assuming you're saying this - but what is wrong with using medical intervention to stay pregnant once pregnancy happens? The sense I get from Cherin is that they were very shaken by their fertility struggles and will not take having kids as lightly as some of the others. It's possible they will both utilize medical intervention to safeguard future pregnancies and find some middle ground when it comes to moderating their family size.

/wild speculation

What a beautiful photo. It could crack a heart of stone!

And it certainly cracked my stone heart. The baby is ok, he looks like they all do, red and super boring. I like babies when they start doing shit, but at first, I don't get the appeal, lol.

But, Chad is clearly elated and Erin is looking at him with the face I feel all fundie women attempt to make when looking at their husbands, but just look fake. This is the face of genuine joy and pride. She is happy for herself, and happy to see her husband filled with joy as well. I just feel like I am getting an honest insight into this special moment between them. I really like this photo. It feels human, and I guess I am not used to that from fundies.

I swear, I am not a Bates leg-humper, but right now, I kind of feel like one!

Ok, #1 Erin went through labor/delivery and still just looks SO beautiful. I'm jealous to no end..and I'm not having kids. :snooty:

#2 Why IV? I think that is so impersonal to have a child named the same as the father, grandfather ect. I know a III thats about to get married (close friend) and begged him not to name the kid Ken for a IV.

#3 Yeah, I don't think Chad would push Erin at all. He seems genuine as one can get. I actually LOVED her wedding. It was like the Duggarz, but done right. I especially love how silly Gil was during rehearsal.

Honestly, I think of all the 2nd gen fundie couples we follow here...I think Chad and Erin are least likely to do this. I don't think they'll stop with one, but I also don't think they'll be racing to have 20 kids like her parents. Or even 10 like his.

I'm not assuming you're saying this - but what is wrong with using medical intervention to stay pregnant once pregnancy happens? The sense I get from Cherin is that they were very shaken by their fertility struggles and will not take having kids as lightly as some of the others. It's possible they will both utilize medical intervention to safeguard future pregnancies and find some middle ground when it comes to moderating their family size.

/wild speculation

The problem isn't intervention itself. The problem is deliberate FREQUENT pregnancies and interventions pose a risk to Erin's life. That was my point.

Chad and Erin are a beautiful-looking couple. I can't snark on them either, despite their hideous beliefs. They do deserve this happiness.

I agree.

OT- Your Avi photo gives me the creeps.

Erin looks incredible. I cannot believe how flawless she is after labor. And her husband is gorgeous, as always. They should be on the ATI brochures because they sure make it look great!

Poor Erin had such a rough time...so glad to see that both she and the baby are healthy. I am sure the entire experience of multiple miscarriages and such a difficult pregnancy was rather traumatic.

I hope she goes on birth control ASAP and really tries to relax and enjoy some time with her baby and husband before putting herself through this again. She no doubt will want more children (and I think she will be a great mother) but there is no reason to rush it after all she's been through.

I hope her mother and siblings and whoever else is influential in her life are able to put their past beliefs behind them and accept that "leaving it up to God" in Erin's context should mean LISTENING TO MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS and NOT REPEATEDLY PUTTING YOUR DAUGHTER/SISTER/WIFE THROUGH UTTER HELL for the rest of her reproductive years.

Wow, just the other day I was wondering if Erin would deliver soon. Glad to see that the baby arrived safely and that Erin is doing OK as well.

It will be interesting to see how things go in the future as far as having more blessings. I think that the miscarriages and discovery of the clotting issue were a big wake up call for both Erin and Chad, who probably had the expectation (and who wouldn't?) of having a large family without much trouble. Chad doesn't strike me as the fundie a-hole who insists that his wife get pregnant regardless of the risks to her health and also to any children possibly going motherless. I suspect they will consider whatever options for BC but it's going to be kept private, which it should.

Children are a gift from the lord

You know what else is a gift? Your own life, common sense, medical science, and the ability to choose. Not everyone is destined to be a broodmare, some others have a different purpose. Rebeka and Rachel didnt breed like rabbits, yet they are notable women of the bible. Their "barrenness" was gods choice, right? Perhaps they had the same condition...

I truly hope that Chad and Erin take this "gift" that they were given and understand that they arent guaranteed multiple gifts, or even healthy gifts. Dont get greedy. Protect the "gifts" that you already have, listen to the doctors, keep it in your pants if you have to or maybe, just maybe, this will teach them that all birth control isnt of the devil. Sometimes the wisest way to "honor god" is to protect what you already have and use an IUD.

Count me in the group that desperately hopes Erin's doctor takes them through the list of birth control options, and discusses with them exactly how they work. Maybe they will be the one fundie couple who grasps the idea that allowing pregnancy to happen with such a high risk of miscarriage is actually contrary to the very principles they insist are proof that family planning is ebil~

I doubt that Chad and Erin will use birth control. They seem quite lovely and sweet but both were raised with strongly fundie principles and neither has shown any indication that they are not true believers. I think their doctor will probably go over birth control options as it is pretty standard to ask what birth control- if any the mother plans to use - however I doubt Erin or Chad will choose to use any . She had multiple miscarriages in a very short time and was diagnosed with a clotting disorder and neither she or Chad declined to stop trying to get pregnant. Indeed she got pregnant with her son very shortly after what looked to be a traumatic miscarriage. If she or any future child dies Chad will mourn deeply but almost certainly claim it is God's will.

I think they are a lovely young family and I wish them the best but they are from a deeply fundie family/culture and so it would not surprise me at all if Erin is pregnant again in a very short time.

I agree with the other posters that they will decline any and all permanent/semi-permanent/hormonal BC, but I could totally see them doing NFP. If NFP is practiced correctly, I think they could have success with that (plus, that's just abstaining from intercourse! This would give them other opportunities to explore :wink-kitty: ), and no one would know any difference. Of course, I'd also assume that she'll have pregnancy tests stocked and be prepared for another pregnancy should that happen unexpectedly.

Maybe I have my rose-colored glasses on, but I really don't see them going for a full quiver. They seem to be a little more rational, given the circumstances.

ETA: Forgot to add my congratulations to them. I am genuinely happy for them and Chad and Erin look absolutely elated.

Woozah! That's a good looking fundie couple. :pink-shock: Congrats to them, I'm happy everything went well and bothe baby and mama are fine. Chad and Erin really desired this baby a lot and went through so much together, I think they will love being parents and cherish every minute of it. Hoping they won't go all QF on us, Erin needs to stay healthy.

PS: I think Erin really drew the winning ticket in the fundie headship lottery. :-P

The most beautiful couple in all of Fundy-land, IMO. I know, it's shallow, but I just love to look at them together. :)

I just can't find any snark in them at this particular time. Wishing them a long, healthy and happy life with their son.

Chad sure is attractive... handsome face, great smile, and those arms! And Erin does look incredible. The day I gave birth I looked like something that had been dredged up from the bottom of a swamp.

I doubt that Chad and Erin will use birth control. They seem quite lovely and sweet but both were raised with strongly fundie principles and neither has shown any indication that they are not true believers. I think their doctor will probably go over birth control options as it is pretty standard to ask what birth control- if any the mother plans to use - however I doubt Erin or Chad will choose to use any . She had multiple miscarriages in a very short time and was diagnosed with a clotting disorder and neither she or Chad declined to stop trying to get pregnant.

I think this actually may be the reason she doesn't use hormonal birth control. HBC increases the risk of blood clots and women who are predisposed to them or smoke are at an even higher risk with HBC, so I think they might have to use a non-hormonal form of birth control. I feel like with pregnancy so difficult, they'll have to do something. I know I sound like a total leghumper, but I feel like Chad and Erin are lovely and, even if they're true believers, will do something for birth control because Erin would be a huge risk after a few pregnancies.

Archived