IGNORED

Erin Paine(Bates) is a momma!

karen77

What a beautiful photo. It could crack a heart of stone!

When she looks adoringly at her husband, she looks like she is so swept away by his joy at being a new father. It isn't the same look we've seen when the Duggar women look at their husbands.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an adorable picture, they look soooo happy! Im glad they finally got to become parents.

Its going to be awesome for the 3 Bates grandkids, three cousins born within a few months of eachother, plenty of kids to play with when the family gets together. I had so much fun with my similarly aged cousins when I was a kid.

Erin looks great considering she just pushed a baby out a few hours ago.

I am so glad that Carson and Erin are both healthy. I agree that Chad is very defrauding.

I am very annoyed with both Erin & Alyssa - how dare they look so good so soon after giving birth. They're letting the sisterhood down.

Kelly doesn't look any different to normal to me. Sometimes her clothes hide her middle, sometimes they don't. I think she looks amazing for late 40s and so many pregnancies.

Those with some medical knowledge may be able to help me out with info here ... I believe Erin's clotting issue means she will always need injections to maintain a pregnancy. So leaving pregnancy up to God isn't really an option for her, is it? She will have to plan all pregnancies? And, if this is the case, doctors will likely persuade her to leave a gap between pregnancies? For example; I just can't imagine a doctor wanting to begin treatment to help her maintain pregnancy while she is still nursing. They would try and convince her to wait to conceive. Maybe I being too hopeful but maybe this condition will mean her babies are a bit further apart and she has time to enjoy each one.

I am very annoyed with both Erin & Alyssa - how dare they look so good so soon after giving birth. They're letting the sisterhood down.

Kelly doesn't look any different to normal to me. Sometimes her clothes hide her middle, sometimes they don't. I think she looks amazing for late 40s and so many pregnancies.

Those with some medical knowledge may be able to help me out with info here ... I believe Erin's clotting issue means she will always need injections to maintain a pregnancy. So leaving pregnancy up to God isn't really an option for her, is it? She will have to plan all pregnancies? And, if this is the case, doctors will likely persuade her to leave a gap between pregnancies? For example; I just can't imagine a doctor wanting to begin treatment to help her maintain pregnancy while she is still nursing. They would try and convince her to wait to conceive. Maybe I being too hopeful but maybe this condition will mean her babies are a bit further apart and she has time to enjoy each one.

I'm curious about that. If she doesn't use birth control she'll get pregnant fairly quickly, and once she's pregnant wouldn't they kind of have to treat her rather than let her have another miscarriage?

I have a friend, also a nurse, who had this same condition. Her first pregnancy produced a healthy child. She went on to have several miscarriages and a preterm stillbirth before she was DX'd. S After being dx,she got pregnant, went on anti-coagulation treatments and had a second, healthy child. I think her kids are like 6 or 7 years apart, but then she had a tubal, so no more kids.

I can't remember exactly when and where, but Erin and Chad have mentioned they are listening to their doctor's advice when it comes to Erin's reproductive health. Also, some of their comments throughout Erin's pregnancy have indicated they don't expect too large a family. They just seem grateful to have Carson. I can see them only having one or two more kids at most. It sounds like Erin would be at risk for major blood loss with every delivery. Chad worships the ground Erin walks on and it's doubtful he would be willing to risk her life for a large family.

Can I just say I like how the Bates have handled the grandbaby announcements? In all cases, they have waited until the family is ready to announce. Alyssa took a few days, and Erin clearly had time to rest and get ready for a photo.

I think this is in sharp contrast to the Duggars, who have shown exhausted and unflattering photos of the family in a rush to get the news out right away.

Giving the new family a little bit of privacy isn't going to ruin your "ministry".

I'm happy for them. She'll be a great mom and if he's as attentive to Carson as he is to Erin that is going to be one happy family.

People are going to do what they are going to do and there is not a lot a doctor can do except to offer advice and then to treat the issues as they arise. I think she will get pregnant again shortly after she returns to her normal cycles and will (I do not know the exact nature of her disorder so deliberately vague) require support for that pregnancy too. This couple seem very sweet and nice but they are deep in the fundie life and their religion is strongly full quiver so I think they will follow the religious party line.

Erin and Chad don't just look happy, they almost look in awe of having Carson. Kelly looks positively thrilled to have a new grand baby.

Unlike a lot of other fundie, Erin and Chad don't seem like they'll ever take being parents for granted. I'm sure Jill is thrilled with her first, but Michelle probably was as well, yet their ease of getting knocked up and carrying to term will result in each new baby being just another baby to toss in a cage. Erin and Chad had to fight for every step of progress. This baby wasn't given to them just for having sex. This baby was a lot of work.

And unlike a lot of other fundies, Chad truly seems to cherish Erin. How many men, fundy or not, would have willingly slept in that awful pink bedroom? Yet he did, because that room being so pink made her happy, and clearly her happiness mattered most to him. That makes me want to cry a bit.

I'm genuinely happy for them.

I'm not a regular Bates follower, but good grief, does Erin *ever* not look lovely and beautiful? That pic of her with her parents, baby, and husband is stunning.

Congratulations to the new family!

I hope Chad is right & they will listen to the doctors & not have a ton of kids because of her clotting disorder.

Yayyyy!! I was really rooting for Erin and the baby to get to this point safe and sound. Good for them!

here's another picture:

10985343_465847580249828_995243680124383810_o.jpg

They are the fundie Ken & Barbie. :)

Hearing about her issues, I was holding my breath a little hoping that all went well. Glad it did. They look so happy.

Which Bates girl will be enlisted to help. My money is on Katie. Erin's recovery might be longer than normal to avoid postpartum complications. I am happy for them, though. I just hope they listen to the doctors when it comes to future pregnancies.

carson looks just like chad! :D

2ppd5df.jpg

here's some more pictures:

uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/photos/erin-and-chad-welcome-baby-carson-to-the-world/

Very glad to hear that Erin and Carson are healthy and safe.

I think that Chad does genuinely adore Erin and I hope that he is able to put her health first and not feel pressure to fill that quiver.

When she looks adoringly at her husband, she looks like she is so swept away by his joy at being a new father. It isn't the same look we've seen when the Duggar women look at their husbands.

I think a lot of that is because Chad and Erin knew each other for a while before they started courting, and they also were married for over a year before the baby came. But, mostly, I think it's because of the struggles they faced during their time trying to conceive and how much they've supported each other. So far, all three of the Duggar marriages have been fairly easy, especially the newest 2.

I hope for the same, but let's not forget they are fundies. Fundies are not known for taking the advice of doctors over their beliefs. Then again Chad's father is a doctor, so.......

There was a picture of her from last week where I thought she had a very rounded belly. I know it's highly unlikely, and unlike Michelle, she seems actually happy to be a grandmother, but you never know with these people

Her face looks fuller too (at least to me).

Archived