IGNORED

Erin Paine(Bates) is a momma!

karen77

Going back to the IV discussion, any time there is the slightest, slightest chance that a blood transfusion might be needed, an IV will be started beforehand. They don't want to be trying to find a vein when those same veins are constricting from blood loss.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BC- all a fundie headship has to declare is that BC and family size was laid on his heart. Done.

How does selling your kids' private moments and anonymity dovetail with the concept of modesty or JOY?

I'd think the savior would be more appalled by child exploitation vs BC use and logical control of family size with the goal of doing what's best for the kids.

Who cares if you have a billion kids but actually care for none of them...do you still get credit for having them? That sounds a lot like teenager thinker.

While I think that's true enough hypothetically, Chad Paine has been indoctrinated by his own family and Dr. Paine is one of Gothard's right hand men, so I think it would be quite a feat if these two went in a direction not advocated by ATI/IBLP. I don't know how common it is, but it seems that Chad could still look to his own headship (meaning Gil or Dr. Paine or even Gothard) for guidance.

I'm reading an old newspaper article I found that lays out some Gothard basics, and the umbrella of authority is basically God's chain of command inverted, so it goes God, husband/father, wife/children. It must be challenging for some new husbands to acknowledge and assert their headship when they've been treated as children for twenty or so years.

I'm reading an old newspaper article I found that lays out some Gothard basics, and the umbrella of authority is basically God's chain of command inverted, so it goes God, husband/father, wife/children. It must be challenging for some new husbands to acknowledge and assert their headship when they've been treated as children for twenty or so years.

This is something I have often thought about. All of a sudden they are adults who are supposed to be headships in their own right, with authority to make their own decisions and guide their wives, but how do you do that when you have had no experience of making independent decisions, it's all been thought out for you? I am sure that a lot of fundie young men fall back on looking to their dads, either because they don't know what to do or dad is still exerting this authority because I don't think many fundie dads can just turn off the control switch overnight. So in practice, a lot of fundie dads can still exert authority over their sons however, it can be a totally different thing with daughters because they are transferring authority to a husband with a different headship. Which is why you have young women like Sarah Maxwell or the Botkinettes still stuck at home because their respective dads cannot bear to do this.

here's another picture:

10985343_465847580249828_995243680124383810_o.jpg

I think you can see part of the IV on Erin-- there's a blue clip and tube above Chad's hand.

Erin has a clotting disorder- even if she wanted to, she can't go on your regular bc pill or injection without a huge risk of developing a life threatening blood clot. Her only options at controlling the size of her family are barrier methods, an IUD, and NFP- and then of course the final end to conception would be a tubal ligation or vasectomy.

It helps that you can buy condoms from Amazon, so at least there is some anonymity with that, as opposed to the local drugstore. I definitely don't see her getting an IUD, but I think that there is a good chance they will practice NFP once their 40 days of celibacy are up.

Sometimes I think it's easy for us to say "This is what Erin and Chad have to do!!11!" But think about Erin, who did everything "right" by Gothard rules and his version of what is biblical- with her multiple miscarriages and essentially being one of the poster children of the quiverfull movement; what a truly awful situation for her to be in! I think they will eventually get it right- especially since Chad seems to be so devoted and caring about Erin's health. But I don't think it will be the easiest journey for them to get to that point.

36 weeks is now considered late preterm. They've discovered that late preterm infants do have a few problems that term babies do not have; they're just a bit more vulnerable. These infants may not feed well (lack hunger cues), be sleepy and not wake up for feeds, have breathing problems, suffer more jaundice, have respiratory problems, and have trouble with thermoregulation because they're not quite as fat as term babies. They may even have a higher risk of developmental delays and cerebral palsy.

38 weeks or possibly 37 weeks is considered term. Most articles from the US use 38 weeks as term.

Late Preterm Birth

Thanks for the info, PennySycamore. Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing my sister was jaundiced and had to be woken to be fed, though she had no lasting issues, thankfully.

I still don't think it's that strange for Erin's young siblings to visit, though. Perhaps it was a little ill-advised, but understandable, IMO. I mean, for all we know she cleared it with her doctor first.

40 days of celibacy has been mentioned - is that for medical reasons or for Gothard reasons? I know there is supposed to be time off sex after giving birth, but is it 40 days? Sorry, dyscalculia :embarrassed:

40 days of celibacy has been mentioned - is that for medical reasons or for Gothard reasons? I know there is supposed to be time off sex after giving birth, but is it 40 days? Sorry, dyscalculia :embarrassed:

Bible reasons. 40 after a boy, 80 after a girl. Bible wants you to wait so that the woman is "clean".

Back in olden days, this would have been an important thing to allow women to heal after childbirth and reduce the risk of infection.

Erin can get an IUD inserted at her 6 week postpartum check up. Easy peasy. And will last up to 5-7 years. Nobody needs to know. Anybody who goes snooping in their house will not find a thing.

Bible reasons. 40 after a boy, 80 after a girl. Bible wants you to wait so that the woman is "clean".

Back in olden days, this would have been an important thing to allow women to heal after childbirth and reduce the risk of infection.

I thought it might be the case, but no mainstream Christian does this now which is why I said 'Gothard reason'.

instagram.com/p/297814lUId/?taken-by=chad_erinpaine

I needed a dose of cute and happy. Chad and Erin posted a few adorable photos of Carson yesterday of a newborn photo shoot.

instagram.com/p/297814lUId/?taken-by=chad_erinpaine

I needed a dose of cute and happy. Chad and Erin posted a few adorable photos of Carson yesterday of a newborn photo shoot.

He is so cute!! The bates make cute grandkids.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute! :)

Just what we needed. I wanna look at some more baby pictures...and some kittens and puppies too. Anything to cheer us up from the bad news.

I know this is the Erin/Chad thread, but Alyssa posted some cute pictures yesterday of Allie, for anyone who needs some more cheering up.

After seeing those pictures of little Carson, I feel a strong craving for tiny baby snuggles.

:cracking-up:

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I saw the news when it happened a week or so ago. So delighted that Erin had a safe delivery. If anyone in fundie circles deserved to be parents it's Erin and Chad. I nearly teared up at that picture of them beaming with their new son!

It looks like Erin has a modesty tank or nursing tank under the shirt, so not really. Might just be the angle but even by fundie standards, that would still be acceptable.

It looks like Erin has a modesty tank or nursing tank under the shirt, so not really. Might just be the angle but even by fundie standards, that would still be acceptable.

She is also leaning in to the photo...my vote is a nursing tank as well.

Archived