IGNORED

Erin Paine(Bates) is a momma!

karen77

I didn't even realize I was holding my breath for them until I exhaled after reading the article. So glad everyone's doing well!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are sensible with regard to Erin's medical condition and don't want to risk having baby after baby, and I hope they are, maybe Chad and Erin would consider adoption? Have any of the Bates ever mentioned adoption, or fostering? I can't see Jessa and Bin doing it, even though they posture about it - and I hope they don't as I don't wish them on any child, and suspect they'd try it at least partially for the pats on the back.

Chad and Erin though, seem more loving and appreciative not only toward each other, but with Carson as well, and seem the type of people to provide a loving home to a child in need.

I am happy baby Carson is here. He is a beautiful baby.

Erin and Chad are so handsome too. I am happy for them.

I hope for the same, but let's not forget they are fundies. Fundies are not known for taking the advice of doctors over their beliefs. Then again Chad's father is a doctor, so.......

Good point. Do u know what kind of doctor Chad's father is.

Beautiful little family. Happy for them that everything went well. Hope Chad meant it when he said they would make decisions about future children together with their doctor.

I think he was a GP. I read somewhere that Dr. Paine volunteers as a prison doctor.

Erin's doctor's practice offers NFP and other BC methods - can't remember the name of it (I had posted something about it when it was on Bringing Up Bates), but their doctor is Christian but the practice's website says they offer pretty comprehensive services, including infertility. They may try for a quiver, but from what they've said, they're not going to do it blindly like most fundies who are praying for a full house. They will at least give it some thought and consult with their doctor.

I can't really snark on them. I'm really glad everything went well and that both Mom and Baby are healthy.

Actually, I can't see them having more than maybe 2-3 kids. I don't really think they're the adopting type, though.

Cherin are lucky to have a healthy mom and baby after all they went through, nobody knows if she'll do as well after a second pregnancy.

I don't think that hormonal birth control is an option with Erin's clotting issues, correct me if I'm wrong. So that would limit the options greatly.

For those who were interested, here is the part in the old People article where thay said they were consulting with their doctors (not sure if they said something similar elsewhere):

Finally, do Erin and Chad plan on having a brood as large as Gil and Kelly Jo's?

"With the at-risk pregnancy and everything, we want me to be able to stay healthy and that also means having a healthy baby," Erin says. "I think we're taking it one day at a time at this point and just trying to see what the doctors say and what the best decision is for us."

http://www.people.com/article/bringing- ... iscarriage

here's another picture:

10985343_465847580249828_995243680124383810_o.jpg

The most beautiful couple in all of Fundy-land, IMO. I know, it's shallow, but I just love to look at them together. :)

I just can't find any snark in them at this particular time. Wishing them a long, healthy and happy life with their son.

I think this is the closest I've ever been to being a fundie leg humper. I actually 'awwwed' out loud at the pictures and there isn't a single thing to snark on.

Everyone looks so happy. It's obviously that this isn't something Chad and Erin did because they 'had' to, it's clear they genuinely wanted to be be parents and I think the love they clearly have for each other and their child will make them good parents (despite the fact that kid will be raised fundie).

And yes, where does one sign up to defraud Chad? He's so hot AND seems a decent guy.

Erin is 24, not 23 as the People magazine article states. Per the Bates Family IG, she turned 24 two weeks ago.

Now that Carson has arrived, what are your predictions for Brandon & Michael's wedding date? July?

I read on B&M's IG a response from a friend 'can't wait to see you in August', so that's my guess..

Unlike a lot of other fundie, Erin and Chad don't seem like they'll ever take being parents for granted. I'm sure Jill is thrilled with her first, but Michelle probably was as well, yet their ease of getting knocked up and carrying to term will result in each new baby being just another baby to toss in a cage. Erin and Chad had to fight for every step of progress. This baby wasn't given to them just for having sex. This baby was a lot of work.

And unlike a lot of other fundies, Chad truly seems to cherish Erin. How many men, fundy or not, would have willingly slept in that awful pink bedroom? Yet he did, because that room being so pink made her happy, and clearly her happiness mattered most to him. That makes me want to cry a bit.

I'm genuinely happy for them.

To the bolded, I think Jill's surprise C-Section might have rattled her a bit. This was not the perfect image of fundy motherhood where as long as you keep the faith, everything works out easy. However, in principle, you are right. Jill got pregnant so easily and quickly and her mother had so many complication-free VBACs that she might just assume that she will too.

Chad is by far the best fundy husband. Erin used to annoy me, frankly. But seeing how much Chad dotes on her humanized her to me and now I think much more highly of her.

phwoar, those guns on Chad! he is very defrauding.

In that very first picture Erin looks a lot like Michaela. Very pretty. I can't really snark here.

Re: contraception- for those in the know, is NFP (practiced verrrry carefully and meticulously) something that could work for them? For spacing out pregnancies until the doctors feel it's 'safe' for her to carry again, and then they would have an idea of a pregnancy from the get-go to start clotting treatments again? I know NFP is far from foolproof, but if it would affect her health, she and Chad seem like the type to be super careful now. It would still 'allow' her more than 2-3 kids, while possibly taking care with her health?

this nonanswer

Exactly. I think if they do use BC, they will never be totally honest about it. Not they they owe it to anyone to disclose such a private matter, of course. But overall, I think they'll continue to give vague 'we are simply following our doctor's instructions and trusting in the Lord' routine for the next 2/3 years.

Exactly. I think if they do use BC, they will never be totally honest about it. Not they they owe it to anyone to disclose such a private matter, of course. But overall, I think they'll continue to give vague 'we are simply following our doctor's instructions and trusting in the Lord' routine for the next 2/3 23 years.

fixed that for ya

fixed that for ya

I certainly hope so, Erin's condition is so dangerous.

But at least one fundie daughter deserves Chad as a father, so I'm divided on that.

This may be a dumb question, but would they be able to do c-section with Erin's clotting issues? The article mentioned the Paines knew there was a risk of blood loss during the birth, so I was curious.

There's a thing they do with switching from one drug to another shorter acting one so that they can stop and very quickly be safe enough for birth.

Do we know her diagnosis? I thought she was just MTHFKR or something.

This may be a dumb question, but would they be able to do c-section with Erin's clotting issues? The article mentioned the Paines knew there was a risk of blood loss during the birth, so I was curious.

Re: contraception- for those in the know, is NFP (practiced verrrry carefully and meticulously) something that could work for them? For spacing out pregnancies until the doctors feel it's 'safe' for her to carry again, and then they would have an idea of a pregnancy from the get-go to start clotting treatments again? I know NFP is far from foolproof, but if it would affect her health, she and Chad seem like the type to be super careful now. It would still 'allow' her more than 2-3 kids, while possibly taking care with her health?

NFP, practiced perfectly, is very effective. Many studies put the various forms of it 93-99% effectiveness range.

Key words: practiced perfectly.

Much like other forms of BC, when user error comes into play, its effectiveness decreases. Studies have ALSO found that periodic abstinence (which is a part of NFP) has a 25% failure rating. Because, you know, sometimes you just really need to be intimate with your partner. In our Confirmation classes, we were given 75% as the effectiveness rating, which is NFP practiced normally.

Also, there are some people that it doesn't work for, especially women who may have irregular cycles/symptoms. I have a very Catholic friend like this.

75% is great, unless the mother's health is on the line. If it really gets to that point, I would hope that Erin can get some REAL education on how an IUD works (aka no fertilization) or that Chad would consider a vasectomy. I know it's a long shot, but really neither of these options go against their beliefs, they just have been misinformed otherwise.

There's a thing they do with switching from one drug to another shorter acting one so that they can stop and very quickly be safe enough for birth.

Do we know her diagnosis? I thought she was just MTHFKR or something.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=24546&p=858958p858958 talks a little about the diagnosis, based on what was aired on the show, but I don't know which episode or how accurate it is.

ETA OK!Magazine (I know, sorry) says in episode 2 the family named it as Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor.

http://okmagazine.com/photos/bringing-u ... 001183113/

ETA2: more FJ comments viewtopic.php?f=101&t=24546&p=855110&hilit=Plasminogen+Activator+Inhibitor#p855110 I'll stop now. :mouse-shock:

Archived