IGNORED

World of Warcraft

Lillybee

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent played in three years. My husband and I bought a house in the country. No internet its all around us..less than a mile evil att wont replace the damage equipment in the box..I miss it...lil do they still talk abiut chuck norris

In the thread about Fluttershies in chatter, Sprocked said that the expression Die in a Fire was used a lot on Wow especially when doing Molten Core. That reminded me of the time I was doing that dungeon and my ghost fell into the lava. Fun times.

I have toons on Zangarmarsh, Nesingway, & Suramar. miribirch@hotmail.com

I am not very good--I am too scared to dungeons or raids....

Yeah, I'm a loser.

You are not the only one with that problem, I have two 85's who have never seen a dungeon or a raid. I think my molten core experiences turned me off them.

You are not the only one with that problem, I have two 85's who have never seen a dungeon or a raid. I think my molten core experiences turned me off them.

I'm so glad to hear that.

How did everyone respond to the patch? As a player was just learning the game, I found it really annoying and was irritated I had just paid for a subscription. My biggest problem was that I no longer had to find a trainer to buy new spells, and I had no idea that I had learned new things as I am unfamiliar with the game. I also had spells that I used all the time disappear and find the new talent tree system simplistic and kind of boring now. I haven't logged in in a week, probably won't until weekend when the MoP people clear out a little.

Ooo....delurking to comment.

I'm a new player as well (started sometime in July).

I really dislike the cross realm zones, only because I never see people from my realm, and everyone from other zones keep kiting me. I love that MoP isn't cross zone.

I get that blizzard needed to take blades out of old servers to power MoP...but when they bring in $150 million a month in sub fees, I think they can afford to buy new ones, instead of forcing us into the CRZs which no one seems to like (and I was able to group with my real ID across servers, in dungeons, well before the patch, so I don't know what the big deal was there).

I don't mind the new class training thing. When you level it tells you that you learned new stuff. I do wish, however, that the new stuff would somehow be highlighted in the spell book, so you knew about them when you looked. I had to level up to get back a few spells...that was annoying, but now my priest doesn't have mana issues (well, not the the point I did before).

I don't mind the talent tree changes either. Everyone was using the same talent tree builds, they might as well have been the exact same thing.

I'm also loving MoP. It's so pretty! I hated the cata zones. I don't know why, they just annoyed me (maybe it was leveling fatigue?). I also loved the battle for thearamore scenario. Can't wait to play it again.

However, as a new player, and only having one toon max level for 3 days before the xpac hit....what do you do when you max out? I switched back to my pally after I maxed the priest, because I couldn't figure out what to do.

Ooo....delurking to comment.

I'm a new player as well (started sometime in July).

I really dislike the cross realm zones, only because I never see people from my realm, and everyone from other zones keep kiting me. I love that MoP isn't cross zone.

I get that blizzard needed to take blades out of old servers to power MoP...but when they bring in $150 million a month in sub fees, I think they can afford to buy new ones, instead of forcing us into the CRZs which no one seems to like (and I was able to group with my real ID across servers, in dungeons, well before the patch, so I don't know what the big deal was there).

I don't mind the new class training thing. When you level it tells you that you learned new stuff. I do wish, however, that the new stuff would somehow be highlighted in the spell book, so you knew about them when you looked. I had to level up to get back a few spells...that was annoying, but now my priest doesn't have mana issues (well, not the the point I did before).

I don't mind the talent tree changes either. Everyone was using the same talent tree builds, they might as well have been the exact same thing.

I'm also loving MoP. It's so pretty! I hated the cata zones. I don't know why, they just annoyed me (maybe it was leveling fatigue?). I also loved the battle for thearamore scenario. Can't wait to play it again.

However, as a new player, and only having one toon max level for 3 days before the xpac hit....what do you do when you max out? I switched back to my pally after I maxed the priest, because I couldn't figure out what to do.

Once you max out, there are daily quests for reputation which will enable you to get better and better gear, etc. There are also rep. grinds again for better gear. And don't forget all the dungeons and raids.

I guess I can start doing the dailies, I've been going after a bunch of the achievements lately. Never really cared about reputation, but it would be something to do, especially since I haven't gotten the heart to get my pally out of the mid 70s (I have trouble redoing quest lines from toon to toon-it's too boring). There is a bag pattern I want to get that requires honored with some group. I'm hoping when I get it I can make the bags and sell them for lots of gold. Mostly because I'm such a poor toon. Most I ever had was 5kG...and 2.5k of that went to being able to fly in Pandaland.

I really don't care for dungeons, and I've only been one one raid (and I was too confused to do anything useful in it). It's mostly because I use DF, and I've gotten way too many bad groups (like yesterday in one of the MoP dungeons I was taking a guildie through. Simply put: our tank sucked. We wiped on the first major boss because he didn't bother to agro the add (and then did it again on the final boss). I don't mind dungeons with guildies, but getting them to form a group is usually a big hassle (and we're a large guild!). I have a hard enough time trying to get them to do scenarios as a group...

I want to like the dungeons, but it's too stressful! I can only do herorics now, and I'm afraid of being booted for not doing enough DPS, and I don't know how to tank or heal (something I want to learn).

I hear LFR isn't great. There are too many people who will kick you if you don't have a realm first (or so I hear...we got a 40 man raid group yesterday for the Sha of Anger and the guild running it booted everyone not in their guild from the group just before it was defeated).

Anyways, I'm curious, how do the rest of you guys play? I have mine in windowed mode, so I can look up stuff online when I need to. Also, any good recommendations for add-ons? I have a map, auction and boss add-on. Someone told me GTFO was a good one, but I haven't added it yet.

I have both a horde and alliance toon. If anyone wants to group, I'd be happy to pass along my battletag in a PM. :)

I picked WoW back up, but haven't gotten MoP. I hang out on Medivh.

Add ons - I am partial to Altoholic.

I guess I can start doing the dailies, I've been going after a bunch of the achievements lately. Never really cared about reputation, but it would be something to do, especially since I haven't gotten the heart to get my pally out of the mid 70s (I have trouble redoing quest lines from toon to toon-it's too boring). There is a bag pattern I want to get that requires honored with some group. I'm hoping when I get it I can make the bags and sell them for lots of gold. Mostly because I'm such a poor toon. Most I ever had was 5kG...and 2.5k of that went to being able to fly in Pandaland.

I really don't care for dungeons, and I've only been one one raid (and I was too confused to do anything useful in it). It's mostly because I use DF, and I've gotten way too many bad groups (like yesterday in one of the MoP dungeons I was taking a guildie through. Simply put: our tank sucked. We wiped on the first major boss because he didn't bother to agro the add (and then did it again on the final boss). I don't mind dungeons with guildies, but getting them to form a group is usually a big hassle (and we're a large guild!). I have a hard enough time trying to get them to do scenarios as a group...

I want to like the dungeons, but it's too stressful! I can only do herorics now, and I'm afraid of being booted for not doing enough DPS, and I don't know how to tank or heal (something I want to learn).

I hear LFR isn't great. There are too many people who will kick you if you don't have a realm first (or so I hear...we got a 40 man raid group yesterday for the Sha of Anger and the guild running it booted everyone not in their guild from the group just before it was defeated).

Anyways, I'm curious, how do the rest of you guys play? I have mine in windowed mode, so I can look up stuff online when I need to. Also, any good recommendations for add-ons? I have a map, auction and boss add-on. Someone told me GTFO was a good one, but I haven't added it yet.

I have both a horde and alliance toon. If anyone wants to group, I'd be happy to pass along my battletag in a PM. :)

I have heard that an updated version of Carbonite will be available soon.

Now I have saw it all!

ETA: The GTFO addon is really useful. I love it in raids. I can't count the times it has saved me when I'm so focused on what I'm doing and fail notice where I'm standing. MageNuggets is really good as well (it isn't just for mages, though that is what I play most).

• 2 weeks later...

ETA: The GTFO addon is really useful. I love it in raids. I can't count the times it has saved me when I'm so focused on what I'm doing and fail notice where I'm standing. MageNuggets is really good as well (it isn't just for mages, though that is what I play most).

I haven't been in a raid yet. At least, not one where I was expected to be useful. The times I've been in them were more "oh look! low level toon, join us for the xp, but we get the loot!" and involved me trying to catch up to the raiders who one-shotted everyone and ran ahead.

Do you know of any good addons for priests?

Also, I wish there they didn't go overboard on the dailies in MoP, it takes me 2-3 hours to churn through 3 hubs (Tillers, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus), and that's only about half of the available ones!

I haven't been in a raid yet. At least, not one where I was expected to be useful. The times I've been in them were more "oh look! low level toon, join us for the xp, but we get the loot!" and involved me trying to catch up to the raiders who one-shotted everyone and ran ahead.

Do you know of any good addons for priests?

Also, I wish there they didn't go overboard on the dailies in MoP, it takes me 2-3 hours to churn through 3 hubs (Tillers, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus), and that's only about half of the available ones!

Are you a healing priest? If so, you can use Healbot or Vuhdo, both are available from Curse.com.

Sorta.

I speced Holy, but I did so at level 90, and I have no experience healing (let alone how to manage mana). I've heard about healbot, I'll have to look into it once I get a new gamecard, as my paid time expired today.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorta.

I speced Holy, but I did so at level 90, and I have no experience healing (let alone how to manage mana). I've heard about healbot, I'll have to look into it once I get a new gamecard, as my paid time expired today.

I just saw this but HealBot is a great suggestion. I heal Disc not Holy but it makes healing easier either way. I need to look at my add on list to check names but there are several good priest add ons out there. Mage Nuggets is good across several caster classes. I use it in Shadow spec a lot.

If you go to Curse and type priest in search box you should get plenty of options. I'm addicted to my add ons so I try to search out new ones a couple times a week.

Archived