IGNORED

Rebecca!!!1Eleventy!11!! Has A New Post Up

nelliebelle1197

About Christmas. That she posted in April. But it is still new to us.

Oh, please someone MARRY her! She has given up on the Maxwells, but surely there is some nice, meek fundie boy for R!!

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/

Wow, she has talent as an artist. I'm impressed. I wish she could take real art classes... I'm not sure she or her parents would even be opposed to that, but money might be an issue.

She is a good girl. She really is. And looking at her pretty cakes, I have no doubt girl has talent.

I was just popping back looking for her parents' vow renewal from years ago and realized the ELEVENTIES are friends with the Kleins of InKLEINations Bible copying fame. These bloggin' fundy circles are certainly small.+

I haven't visited her blog in well over a year. The mood over there has changed a bit, I guess because she's growing up. That said, the gift of the "sweet sweater for the future" gave me pause. Her family is buying her toys for Christmas, but also clothing for the children that she is nowhere near having.

Wow.

I haven't visited her blog in well over a year. The mood over there has changed a bit, I guess because she's growing up. That said, the gift of the "sweet sweater for the future" gave me pause. Her family is buying her toys for Christmas, but also clothing for the children that she is nowhere near having.

Wow.

That is really bizarre. When I saw that, I was like WTF? :pink-shock:

ETA: She should apply for JD Duggar. She's apparently got baby fever and she's the right age.

It's strange that she just assumed she will get married and have children. I have never seen her talk of any courtships or even potential partners

Unfortunately in Fundy world the best years of her life are quickly passing by.

She must be 25 by now?

I would love her to get married but I don't see it happening for her. Where would she meet someone?

Wow.

Apparently, my husband's parents bought toys for their unmarried daughter's future children from the time she was in college. She didn't marry til she was late 20s, and then to an asshole, mostly because her parents were on her to marry and have kids. They were not buying baby toys for their sons (though their sons tended to marry relatively early.

She never had kids (fertility issues, divorce, timing etc) but I remember being astounded when she told me about these "gifts" years ago.

She is still after either Stud John or would make do with Jesse. Notice on Christmas morning, her sister is still in lounge or nightware, whilst Rebecca is in full Maxwell female attire.

She obviously has a talent for art, but my naughty mind strikes again

'That was in the adult 18 and cover category' :wink-penguin: !!1!

Wow.

She has talked before about buying clothes for future children. She needs to never, ever marry a Maxwell. Steve would suck the joy out of her soul in no time.

Hmm...kind of an odd family. She is a SAHD? Being supported by her parents until she marries? She says in the Thanksgiving post that she is thankful for her dad's well paying job. Honey, get your own job. I guess daughters are forever burdens in fundie land. I'd be all, get jobs! Get out of my house! The grown daughters even accompany mommy and daddy's anniversary trip. Why? Can't let parents of 20 somethings have alone time...

Rebecca does seem like a really sweet young woman. The whole buying clothing for future kids thing does strike me as a bit odd, though. I could see doing that if Rebecca was in a courtship and about to be engaged, but she has been getting the clothes as gifts for years now. And not just baby clothes, either. One birthday, Rebecca's mom got her a couple of dresses at a thrift store as a birthday gift, and both outfits looked like they could have fit a 7-9 year old girl.

Encouraging this behavior seems strange at best and hurtful at worst on the part of her parents, especially if they aren't actively looking to find her someone to court. At the rate Rebecca is going, she's going to have enough clothing to outfit her future daughter (if she ever has one) until the girl turns 18.

I find myself hoping that she does marry and have a little girl soon. Think how disappointed she would be if it never happened, especially after she's collected all those little clothes. :(

Rebecca is the closest thing I'll ever have to a pet fundie. I know if I had to choose one to spend a day with, it would definitely be her because I tend to have somewhat simple interests, I love going thrifting and baking, and a lunch at Cracker Barrel I would definitely enjoy.

I certainly do hope dear Rebecca finds someone that can bring her happiness and that she can build a family with. She has so many wonderful qualities, and hey, since she wants to be a wife and mother, I think she'd make a good one.

Hmm...kind of an odd family. She is a SAHD? Being supported by her parents until she marries? She says in the Thanksgiving post that she is thankful for her dad's well paying job.

I think she and Annah both work for the janitor service at least part-time? She's mentioned cleaning floors in an office building before.

That is really bizarre. When I saw that, I was like WTF? :pink-shock:

ETA: She should apply for JD Duggar. She's apparently got baby fever and she's the right age.

I think she can do better than a Duggar OR a Maxwell. I hope she knows she deserves better.

It seems to me the tone has changed there since they started fostering/caring for Rachel.

Rebecca may be a good addition to the FamTeam!!!!11!!!1! Seems a good match to me.

I agree that the baby/child clothes-buying is a bit premature but it seems to be a common thing in this crowd - "stocking the hope chest" kind of thing. Her family also buys her household things for future use, IIRC.

I used to work with a woman whose mother refused to attend her wedding because of some sort of interfaith thing that she did not approve of. But then the mom turned around and started buying baby clothes for them a few months later, well before my coworker even got pregnant. So strange.

It seems to me the tone has changed there since they started fostering/caring for Rachel.

Rebecca may be a good addition to the FamTeam!!!!11!!!1! Seems a good match to me.

I agree that the baby/child clothes-buying is a bit premature but it seems to be a common thing in this crowd - "stocking the hope chest" kind of thing. Her family also buys her household things for future use, IIRC.

I would not wish Mama Arndt on Rebecca. I had a mother-in-law who was way intertwined in her sons' lives... had being the operative word. If we were just talking about the boys, I'd agree, but that (any of the Arndt boys actually pulling away from Mommy dearest enough to really forge a bond with a SO) seems highly unlikely. I could be wrong, though.

I used to work with a woman whose mother refused to attend her wedding because of some sort of interfaith thing that she did not approve of. But then the mom turned around and started buying baby clothes for them a few months later, well before my coworker even got pregnant. So strange.

Babies have the power to change the hearts of even the most religiously insane. ETA: Or insanely religious. Works both ways. :)

She is still after either Stud John or would make do with Jesse. Notice on Christmas morning, her sister is still in lounge or nightware, whilst Rebecca is in full Maxwell female attire.

I certainly hope she's still not holding on to the idea of marrying a Maxwell and if so, that's the reason she's still single. This is where one should really really be careful what one wishes for. Steve seems to ignore her which is a blessing in disguise really. It's just I hope she's not so caught up with the Maxwells that she's passing up other courtship opportunities.

I can't see someone like her living in Maxhell. That would be a fate worse than death.

I would not wish Mama Arndt on Rebecca. I had a mother-in-law who was way intertwined in her sons' lives... had being the operative word. If we were just talking about the boys, I'd agree, but that (any of the Arndt boys actually pulling away from Mommy dearest enough to really forge a bond with a SO) seems highly unlikely. I could be wrong, though.

Not to get OT, but I don't see any of the Arndt boys being able to forge a close bond with an SO either. They all have been programmed to put Mommy first to the point that being interested in anyone else is going to seem like a betrayal.

If the Mommy enmeshment and cultish family dynamic wasn't there, then yes I could see one of the boys and Rebecca being a match. Rebecca's family seems a bit odd but loving and I get no negative vibes from them. With the Arndts I do, because of the parent worship that's meant to maintain the family structure and control that serves the parent's needs at the expense of the chidults.

I certainly hope she's still not holding on to the idea of marrying a Maxwell and if so, that's the reason she's still single. This is where one should really really be careful what one wishes for. Steve seems to ignore her which is a blessing in disguise really. It's just I hope she's not so caught up with the Maxwells that she's passing up other courtship opportunities.

I can't see someone like her living in Maxhell. That would be a fate worse than death.

Does Rebecca's family know the Maxwells?

I wonder if maybe they are thinking that even if she doesn't get married, she could use the outfits for foster children ? That would make more sense to me than just assuming she will have biological children.

Rebecca seems to be a very caring person. If would be nice if she could take child development courses, volunteer or work with children to feed her baby fever while she is waiting to get married and has children. I will say that I find giving baby clothes to someone who is not even in a relationship with someone very strange. Ten years from now she could have boxes and boxes of baby clothes waiting for use.

Rebecca seems to be a very caring person. If would be nice if she could take child development courses, volunteer or work with children to feed her baby fever while she is waiting to get married and has children. I will say that I find giving baby clothes to someone who is not even in a relationship with someone very strange. Ten years from now she could have boxes and boxes of baby clothes waiting for use.

Agree!!

Maybe she could go on Christian Mingle? Or a more fundie version that is just for SAHD and the Godly sons that are seeking them? These young, stunted people need to find each other or it's anniversary trips with their parents...forever! :o

Archived