IGNORED

Cinders - Visual novel/computer game

drivingmishcrazy

Hey, was sitting here playing this awesome game and started to wonder if any of my fellow FJers had ever played or heard of it?

It's really cool, Cinderella with a twist, it's classified as a visual novel as well as a dating sim, but the closest term that I can come up with is a Choose Your Own Adventure type of deal. You can get a few different endings, each with its own variants depending on the choices you make in-game. Cinders' personality changes based on your decisions, and your relationships with the characters change based on how you treat them. Even the stepsisters and stepmother to a point. It's a lot of fun!

The game company that made it is a bit indie, so the game is a bit expensive at least to me. But in my opinion, it's a quality game. Graphics are gorgeous, as is the music, which you can get online via the composer's website for free or via donation "pay what you feel is fair" type of thing.

There's a few glitches, barely noticeable unless you pay attention which may just be something got mixed up in coding, and it could do with a few more save slots, but other than that, it's pretty solid.

I'm not expecting much, since this game seems to have more of a cult following, and the official forums for Moacube are almost impossible to register for due to them having to up security because of a huge spambot problem, and the Tumblr fans take a bit of work to find and may not be active, but I figure, shot in the dark or not, maybe there's a few fans here? :D

Archived