IGNORED

Get your FFRREEEEE Moody book......

Justme

I raced over here to share the news but you all know already. :cry: How did everyone find out before me? My email from Teri with the exciting news only arrived a few minutes ago.

I am very sad that I don't have a kindle and won't be able to download my free book. I'll have to content myself with rereading whatever the Moody book I ended up with was called. I'm sure it's exactly the same. :lol: Maybe I'll reread Making Great Conversationalists instead.

You can download a kindle reader on any computer or smart phone or tablet. I have it on my galaxy tablet and am reading my first Moody book now.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't know that. Thank you. (I thought i-devices only talked to iBooks)

I couldn't get past Chapter 3. I gave up when Anastasia is shown the Red Room and didn't run away screaming. Dammit, Maxwells! Always trapping the wimmenfolk.

In case anyone would like to revisit Miggy nobly taking one for the team on Spring Days with the Moodys, here you are.

Is Summer with the Moodys the one with the notorious sausage? I can't keep individual installments of the saga straight.

They mentioned that this is an affiliate link. Does that mean that they'll get a percentage of your next Amazon purchases?

First of all who has "special lunch meat"? Also I don't know why but I found that hilarious.

You've never had special lunch meat? You should try it! It pairs nicely with cheese paper!

Too bad Steve-O banned Little House books. If Sarah had read 'Farmer Boy' perhaps she could give a better description of food then "special sandwich meat".

I would have thought "special lunch meat" was a sexual euphemism for oral sex. It just sounds like something a man would say in a suggestive voice. :lol:

I ordered it... and now as a customer there is nothing to stop me from leaving a review on Amazon if I so wish. :)

They mentioned that this is an affiliate link. Does that mean that they'll get a percentage of your next Amazon purchases?

If you buy anything from Amazon after following their link (or even within the day, I think) Steve gets a cut, even if you didn't actually download the book. If you are concerned, clear your cache or find the book by searching Amazon and NOT by following Stevie's link.

Please, please, please let Anna Duggar call her kids Max, Mollie, Mitchell & Madelynn. It will make Sarah so happy.

For those who don't have a Kindle. You can download an app for your phone, tablet or computer...not that I plan to download the Moody book...I read one...it SUCKED!!!!

Freejinger did it! Sarah's book is currently the #1 book in children's literature (ebooks) I don't know whether to laugh or cry about all the poor unsuspecting kids that are ordering this pablum.

oh dear I feel for the unsuspecting ebook purchasers.

I couldn't resist. It looks rather oddly placed in my kindle just above a free romance book and just below the collection for vampire themed books I have collected.

Special lunch meat...sounds like something that's bought on sale and looks and smells really bad.

I'm reading this thread because it's the middle of the night and I can't get to sleep. Sigh.

Special lunch meat...sounds like something that's bought on sale and looks and smells really bad.

I'm reading this thread because it's the middle of the night and I can't get to sleep. Sigh.

If that's not a prompt to download this book, I don't know what is. :lol:

So much for conversation skills. Poor Sarah doesn't even know how people are supposed to talk. I imagine a conversation with her in real life would just end with Sarah being confused and me feeling sorry for her.

Downloaded out of curiosity. There is a 100% chance I may regret this later. Kind of want to wait until I'm done reading the Elsie Dinsmore books and ruin my childhood since the A Life of Faith versions are apparently watered the hell down. :-/

I thought special lunch meat had green olives in it. When I was a kid I BEGGED my mom to buy it.

Head cheese is NOT special in any way. Gag. I worked at a grocery store deli for a few weeks in my teens.

I am glad that I am not the only one who thought special lunch meat could be a sexual metaphor.

Must get back to work. Time is of the utmost importance.

Damn, I haven't finished this yet—don't know if I will—but the whole thing makes me incredibly sad, especially given the amount of work Sarah put into and the amount of input she had from others. She MAY have some real literary talent, although we'll never really know, but if she does it certainly isn't evident in this book or in her other writing either. I actually think it's cruel of her family to tell her otherwise. This is middle-school level writing at best. Zero imagination—everything is taken directly from daily life in the Maxwell compound. It reads like a Dragnet script. "The story you are about to read is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent." Her storytelling is all over the place. Things come out of nowhere and then disappear. And the dialog…oh, the dialog. Who talks like this in real life? Stilted, formal…she's just got a tin ear when it comes to believable conversation. Even when she tries to approximate colloquial speech she gets it totally wrong.

When Steve says his children write, they don't read, it's pure arrogance. Even those with an overload of natural, (god-given?) inborn talent need to be nurtured and guided. They need to learn the rules so they know how and when to break them. They need outside influences to inform them so they can develop their own style. It's just cruel to delude this poor woman into thinking that she's a writer. No, she's not. She writes, yes, but that alone doesn't make her a writer.

It is possible to teach life lessons to kids, to introduce important concepts like conflict and resolution without fearing that you'll set them on a path to hell. You start by respecting them, by not dumbing things down. I remember, for example, reading Louis Sachar's "Holes" and thinking what an incredible story it was, how imaginative and intelligent. I was enthralled by it, as was my daughter. It kept us hooked from beginning to end and we spent a lot of time talking about it afterwards, even years later. It made a lasting impression, as kid and YA lit is supposed to do. Unfortunately, for the Maxwells, it all begins and ends with Jesus and nothing else matters—including good writing, good storytelling, and a good imagination.

The only saving grace here is that the intended audience for these books is probably as sheltered and unaware as Sarah is, so they can't possibly know any better.

Freejinger did it! Sarah's book is currently the #1 book in children's literature (ebooks) I don't know whether to laugh or cry about all the poor unsuspecting kids that are ordering this pablum.

I wonder if this was Steve's plan all along. He lurks here, and he knows that we FJer's would not be able to resist snarking on a free Moody book, therefore bumping it higher in ratings.

Damn you, Steve! I am now picturing you in my head as Dr. Evil. Go get yourself a Mr. Bigglesworth.

I got this and I never realized Sarah named a kid Maxwell in the book. It makes me sad for the entire family that they spent hours discussing the plot and characters of this book. The Maxwell family has had all the imagination sucked out of them.

I got this and I never realized Sarah named a kid Maxwell in the book. It makes me sad for the entire family that they spent hours discussing the plot and characters of this book. The Maxwell family has had all the imagination sucked out of them.

It's a "family name". :roll:

If there was ever proof that the Moody's are the family Sarah always wanted, it's that. Max Moody is Sarah's son.

I wonder if this was Steve's plan all along. He lurks here, and he knows that we FJer's would not be able to resist snarking on a free Moody book, therefore bumping it higher in ratings.

Damn you, Steve! I am now picturing you in my head as Dr. Evil. Go get yourself a Mr. Bigglesworth.

And a Mini Me.

Archived