IGNORED

Raquel won't date you if you can't handle butchering animals

ari_belle

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you read her bucket list? :lol:

She still hasn't bought anything on Etsy. She did make a cheesecake, though. I can't wait till she tries to hug a baby polar bear or pet a swan. Her grandparents also better hang on till she snags a man or they will fuck up her bucket list.

What the fuck kind of bucket list is that?!?!?

She still hasn't bought anything on Etsy. She did make a cheesecake, though. I can't wait till she tries to hug a baby polar bear or pet a swan. Her grandparents also better hang on till she snags a man or they will fuck up her bucket list.

LOL, think Miss Raquel must spend too much time reading fairy tales.

Swan, like their other foul brethren of geese and ducks, are as they are so aptly named, foul, mean, mean creatures that will peck your eye out. Only difference is that swawns are freaking huge.

I copy and pasted a lovely snippet to her future boyfriend/ husband.

Don't give up on me. In every sense of that phrase. Don't give up on me when I push you away. Don't give up on me when I disagree. Don't give up on me when I don't show you affection. Don't give up on me when I tell you to leave me alone. Don't give up on me when I'm being impossible. Because remember that I got along wonderfully without you for however many years. And I've dealt with many different kinds of guys. It'll take some getting used to for me to have a real man in my life who actually and genuinely cares for me - my heart, not just my body.

In other words "Don't expect me to treat you well. Yoir job as my partner is to make lots of money, never hold me accountable, and basically shut up and put up."

Swan, like their other foul brethren of geese and ducks, are as they are so aptly named, foul, mean, mean creatures that will peck your eye out. Only difference is that swawns are freaking huge.

I can confirm that they are mean, freaking huge, and they happen to be very fast swimmers. Swans are in fact terrifying. My husband screamed like a nine year old girl when one went after him. I'm laughing as I type this.

WTF did I just read?

have a child with blue eyes

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?!

My first thought when I saw this was just how inane a goal it is. My second thought was, "You're a dark-eyed Peruvian girl. It ain't gonna happen". Genetics are a funny thing, and people's ethnic backgrounds are almost always more complex than they realise, so while it's theoretically possible for her to have a blue-eyed child (especially if she puts "has blue eyes" on her list of boyfriend qualities), I was kind of curious as to whether or not she has any light-eyed relatives that made her think this was plausible, or if her homeschooling just didn't cover Punnet grids.

From what I saw, her family all look pretty dark-complected, but I did come across this picture from her parents' wedding:

instagram.com/p/ucUhkqw4cb/

1) Am I the only one who thinks her mother looks a lot like Nina Dobrev in that picture?

2) Apparently her parents have six children in heaven. As heartbreaking as miscarriages are, I really hope that's what Raquel is referring to, because the alternative is too tragic for words.

WTF did I just read?

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?!

My first thought when I saw this was just how inane a goal it is. My second thought was, "You're a dark-eyed Peruvian girl. It ain't gonna happen". Genetics are a funny thing, and people's ethnic backgrounds are almost always more complex than they realise, so while it's theoretically possible for her to have a blue-eyed child (especially if she puts "has blue eyes" on her list of boyfriend qualities), I was kind of curious as to whether or not she has any light-eyed relatives that made her think this was plausible, or if her homeschooling just didn't cover Punnet grids.

From what I saw, her family all look pretty dark-complected, but I did come across this picture from her parents' wedding:

instagram.com/p/ucUhkqw4cb/

1) Am I the only one who thinks her mother looks a lot like Nina Dobrev in that picture?

2) Apparently her parents have six children in heaven. As heartbreaking as miscarriages are, I really hope that's what Raquel is referring to, because the alternative is too tragic for words.

One of her grandmothers is apparently Russian or of Russian descent, so blue eyes are indeed theoretically possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is.

One of her grandmothers is apparently Russian or of Russian descent, so blue eyes are indeed theoretically possible, but I'm not sure how likely it is.

Probably about as likely as she is to find someone with whom to have a child :lol:

She is living in a land far, far away from any reality. :lol:

If her mother is Russian she might have light eyes on that side. But sweet Jesus her wants all sound like something that an 8 year old would come up with at summer camp and then some after reading a Harlequin romance novel. :cray-cray:

You speak the truth about swans, Twin. I was chased down and bitten and robbed of my sandwich by a damn dirty swan when I was about 4. Who knew a picnic in the park would have turned into a child's nightmare? Although being the bitch that I am, I would love to see Raquel chased by a cranky swan after she tries to pet it.

Raquel is one of those people who sadly have not grown and matured as she grew older, she just continues being self-absorbed.

Raquel does not seem to understand how asymmetric her list of requirements is. Removing a man from the pool of potentially eligible mates for his use of text-speak or/and for poor grammar - that is not merely a "high standard"; it's one piece of evidence among many that Raquel would be excessively demanding.

Raquel's stated expectations, when set beside what she is prepared to offer within a relationship, demonstrate she is too immature or too high maintenance to ensure her side of the scale is balanced well with that of her husband. (The demands of her list far exceed her social, emotional, academic, and financial supplies.)

So, as others here have asked, what does she have to offer in exchange for what she claims to require?

My understanding is that Raquel is an average 20-year-old with no plans for future education (despite her desire to date someone educated and driven to seek promotions).

She wants someone who respects her but for whom she need not demonstrate any respect; a person who will "lead" her when she is in a pious mood, but who will step away from her when she says; a man who will pay attention to Raquel's emotional needs, but who will never dare express to her that he has needs of his own; she's a perfectionist with a 54-item list of things she will not accept in a date, and yet she wants someone who will basically tolerate any and all of her emotional highs and lows.

From her blog post about the guys who she didn't date:

Guy 1 who sounds like a nice person but who couldn't tolerate how unreasonable Raquel is:

Since Raquel views any tiny disagreement as important This could be anything from a really important issue to something like him mentioning he doesn't like her favorite band.

My entirely unfounded suspicion is the matter is theological: Maybe the man was agnostic, or maybe he believed in infant baptism whereas Raquel does not (or the other way around; I do not know).

Whatever the case, Raquel should not be dating at all until she ripens a bit. Her demands, when placed against what she is willing to provide, are simply too many and too particular and, in a few cases, too minor to be of real concern.

So basically Raquel wants a robot who comes immediately when she wants him, doesn't ever need her when she doesn't want him around, puts up with her being childish, mean and selfish while never being those things and who says he is a leader while really letting her make all the decisions. There is no human who lives up to her expectations.

That is how I read it. If not for her seeming desire for companionship of that sort, I'd argue her list had been written for the purpose of serving as a too-high fence designed to protect her.

She is living in a land far, far away from any reality. :lol:

If her mother is Russian she might have light eyes on that side. But sweet Jesus her wants all sound like something that an 8 year old would come up with at summer camp and then some after reading a Harlequin romance novel. :cray-cray:

You might enjoy Miss Raquel's attempts at writing "clean" Harlequin romances. (Under the romance tab, top right.) Warning: all her romantic heroes wink at her.

I like how in trying to sound brilliant she writes:

I remember that evening so clearly. We were on the phone. I was sitting, cross-legged, on my bed, holding the ear to my phone, hearing your deep voice I had grown to love. But I didn't like what you were saying. We got in an argument about something that I felt so strongly about in one way, and you the other

Tell me how does one hold their ear to the phone? Unless you are van Gogh then no explanation necessary. :lol: I get what she is saying, but the wording made me laugh.

You might enjoy Miss Raquel's attempts at writing "clean" Harlequin romances. (Under the romance tab, top right.) Warning: all her romantic heroes wink at her.

Oh my her blog may be a rabbit hole weekend for me. :lol:

"I scoot closer to the high counter everyone was leaning against, looking at pictures and videos that the oldest son of the family was showing them." Did everyone move away from the counter when the narrator moved closer, or does Miss Raquel need a lesson in tense?

Edit: 4 paragraphs in and I can't deal with the way she keeps jumping between past and present tense.

Burris wrote:

If not for her seeming desire for companionship of that sort, I'd argue her list had been written for the purpose of serving as a too-high fence designed to protect her.

The building a too-high fence concept might be a possibility. You are a lot more charitable than I.

I get the impression from Miss Raquel that:

a) Some of this posturing is because she is competing in some way with other girls over boys. "See, I am so attractive, but I'm just too choosy. You girl with a real boyfriend are a slut with low standard in your choices!"

b) These 2 posts were written because she can't stand being rejected by boys she fancies and this is cold-blooded revenge.

c) She really doesn't get that relationships are 2 way.

Or a combination of the above.

Mind you, I'm still furious with Raquel because of her inappropriate behavior with the kids on her last "mission" trip.

The bucket list item to publicly sing a song written by a famous person is so weird. Nothing wrong with it, it's just strange. Singing a song in public is a normal goal, but why does it have to be written by someone famous?

I can confirm that they are mean, freaking huge, and they happen to be very fast swimmers. Swans are in fact terrifying. My husband screamed like a nine year old girl when one went after him. I'm laughing as I type this.

The bike path I ride on follows a river, and last year a pair of swans set up camp there. Very pretty to admire from a far as the swim. However, one day I had the distinct pleasure of running into to one of them as he decided to take a stroll down the bike path. Freaking huge! His head was about as high as my chest, and when he spread out his wings, spanned the whole width of the bike path. Had to sit on the bike path for 20 mins until he decided it was time to go back in the water. Thankfully he just kept turning around and squaking at me, and didn't decide to come after me! Like I said, mean mean, foul creatures!

Didn't she date a guy who drank? There was an IG pic of her and a guy and guy had a beer.

Wasn't she dating a guy who drank? There was an IG pic of her and a guy and guy had a beer.

I remember that guy! But that's okay, she clarifies that it's only drinking "too much": "A nice glass of wine or a bottle of beer is fine, but you need to be controlling of your intake and be able to know when to stop."

Raquel, its great to have standards, but there comes a point where youre excluding the entire population of the world and should probably just get a ton of cats instead. Or maybe knowing the neglected horse, just get a plant.

I think that she is quite vulnerable and lonely under all of her egotism, and pgenuinely doesn't understand that people don't like her because of the way she treats them. I see her as the sort of person who will easily jump into a relationship with a psychopath who has all that superficial charm and ability to act like they are her perfect guy. She is so desperate for love that she scares away all the decent guys, and will probably overlook some of this stuff on her list if a guy was nice to her.

Is she still working at that newspaper?

Yep. I'm guessing she will be there until she gets married or something happens at the paper.

Mind you, I'm still furious with Raquel because of her inappropriate behavior with the kids on her last "mission" trip.

Oh god, I had forgotten about that. :pink-shock: Probably the worst I've ever seen on one of these "missions".

"I scoot closer to the high counter everyone was leaning against, looking at pictures and videos that the oldest son of the family was showing them." Did everyone move away from the counter when the narrator moved closer, or does Miss Raquel need a lesson in tense?

Edit: 4 paragraphs in and I can't deal with the way she keeps jumping between past and present tense.

Maybe that's why she demands a man for whom grammar is a strong point. He can be her editor.

Can someone link to the disastrous mission trip?

In a previous post, she wrote this: Love is not about you. It never will be. The purpose is not about your own happiness and pleasure and self-gratification. That is not true love. Love is not about what the other person can give you and do for you, but what you can do for them.

Love is about what you can do for someone else. Unless that thing is feigning interest in Star Trek or listening to them talk about what they did at the gym. Then game over!

Archived