IGNORED

A non-gross use for coconut oil - chocolate icing

2xx1xy1JD

Yes, we snark on coconut oil, but I promise you this is good. Really, really good, and somewhat healthy too.

Squish up some pitted dates well. Add an equal amount of coconut oil. Cover in cocoa powder. Add a dash of pomegranate juice. Mix well until smooth.

Dates and pomegranate juice are both superfoods that reduce the risk of heart disease, esp. when combined. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 133545.htm

Coconut oil, while being full of saturated fat, shows signs of protecting against Alzheimer's and aiding in weight loss and increased HDL cholesterol. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... 67057.html

Cocoa is also consider to be an antioxidant with great health benefits: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... 67057.html

This is my new indulgence. Did I mention it was yummy?

• 3 weeks later...

For cooking, coconut oil is amazing.

I just wouldn't want the use the same jar that Lori has on her night table. [in case you don't follow it,Lori Alexander praises it as a lube]

Back to the icing - I used it on some homemade chocolate brownies when we had guests over, and everyone loved it. Since I make it daily now with 3 dates and 1 tsp coconut oil, I can hold off eating other junk.

Well now I'm thinking of all the delicious and / or healthy and/ or medicinal items that I wouldn't want to have anything to do with if they were off someone else's nightstand ! ;) :oops: :ew: Most especially Lori Alexander's :naughty:

In fact, I think that would be a great dieting slogan ..." Would you still be hungry if you got this off Lori and Ken's nightstand? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coconut oil on hair is great! It's one of the few things that actually helps my hair. I usually oil before washing and leave it overnight.

Also, if you mix coconut oil and cocoa powder to the consistency of melted chocolate, it solidifies as it cools and can be used as chocolate (with some honey or Stevia added to the paste).

:

In fact, I think that would be a great dieting slogan ..." Would you still be hungry if you got this off Lori and Ken's nightstand? [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Multiple shudders.

Came here for the frosting tip, staying to share that I am a weirdo who has used coconut oil as personal lube with good results. It makes great lube for other stuff too, like for certain hardware (where otherwise Vaseline might be used).

On topic:

I've used this simple frosting recipe before (out of vegan necessity) and it is quite yummy! Electric mixers are your friend, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Coconut oil is believed to be a great helper against candida infections, whether it's intestinal or :? - elsewhere... :lol:

I've cut down drastically on my new diet - but a spoonful of this is my favorite cheat. Used a food processor and soaked the dates in boiling water, and it came out perfectly smooth and spreadable.

I use coconut oil when making coconut cakes and pies. It's also good drizzled over fresh fruit.

Came here for the frosting tip, staying to share that I am a weirdo who has used coconut oil as personal lube with good results. It makes great lube for other stuff too, like for certain hardware (where otherwise Vaseline might be used).

On topic:

I've used this simple frosting recipe before (out of vegan necessity) and it is quite yummy! Electric mixers are your friend, though.

Just to note... Coconut oil can be used as a personal lubricant but NOT in combination with latex or polyisoprene condoms/dental dams, as the coconut oil will cause them to break down. Supposedly lambskin, polyurethane, and nitrile condoms are in the clear however.

There are lots of sources out there if you google. Also worth noting that just because you do not see any break down of your condom it does not mean that there is not any. Sperm and STIs can get through very tiny holes. Happy er... lubing! :)

Archived