IGNORED

Duggar's caught staging a fake charity for the Cameras

homeschoolmomma1

Another possibility is that the Martinez family were also volunteering that day, and the Duggars needed filmed "taking donations directly to a family" footage. If none of the families receiving aid were comfortable being on TV, I can understand volunteers agreeing to stand in for the cameras.

Basically, the actual situation that happened is probably somewhere between "the Duggars are 100% benevolent all the time" and "the Duggars are con artists who sold their souls to TLC".

Agreed

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they were 100% honest people it would be easy enough to film some sort of charitable give away. I've seen entire documentaries about food banks and homeless shelters. Sometimes faces are blurred or people ask that their real names not be used. The Duggars could have gathered about a bunch of food and taken it to a real food bank and no homeless person or person in need would have had to be filmed, only the food bank volunteers. I just don't think the Duggars care enough to make sure the show is filmed in a truthful way. I imagine it is just too much trouble for them and they would just rather do what their told and be done with it so they can collect their TLC paychecks as easily as possible.

It's the same with politicians. Some politicians actually do go out into the community and do real volunteer work. Some just pretend for the photo ops.

The Duggars would be more actual help at a soup kitchen.

They'd get their photo op and would actually be helping. Provided it was only one or two of them, not the whole family.

The Duggars would be more actual help at a soup kitchen.

They'd get their photo op and would actually be helping. Provided it was only one or two of them, not the whole family.

I'm pretty sure they did an episode about that and everyone freaked out about the young girls helping

I'm pretty sure they did an episode about that and everyone freaked out about the young girls helping

Was that the ep where they showed up two hours late and they were the ones supplying the food?

Was that they ep where they showed up two hours late and they were the ones supplying the food?

I don't remember. But it was a couple years ago

I don't remember. But it was a couple years ago

It's interesting that it has never occurred to the Duggars that them turning up late all the time "because they are so large" is NO excuse and by constantly doing it, they are being really rude.

It's interesting that it has never occurred to the Duggars that them turning up late all the time "because they are so large" is NO excuse and by constantly doing it, they are being really rude.

Honestly, I think people in their circle have the same problem (as do many families with many young children), and so punctuality isn't as important in their culture as it is in other cultures.

If it takes the Duggars two hours to get out the door, and they have to be somewhere by say, 2 PM, then why not just start getting at 10 or 11? That way they have a cushion that allows for their timing.

If you know you're going to be late all the time, it seems wiser to just start getting ready earlier so you know you'll make it.

I'm kind of curious to discover how Duggar Time actually happens. Does the person in charge of the schedule have to tell everyone seventy times that they have a thing at a certain time, but nobody notices until it's ten minutes past their scheduled event/appointment? Is the idea of an event completely neglected until half an hour before, when the "okay, we have a thing!" announcement goes out and everyone scrambles to get things done? Do they not know how to tell time or read a normal calendar (ie, not one focused on menstrual cycles or birthdays)? Is appointment management one of Jana's many, many jobs, and she's trying to get the youngins together while her procreators are having Sweet Fellowship?

I seem to recall on a recent rerun Jill giggling about how 'everytime' they're about to head out the door to go somewhere the realize that they haven't eaten and there is a mad scramble to eat. (insert footage of lost girls and howlers eaten random weird food).

How exactly does an entire family forget to eat? (Oh, wait, yeah you don't have a specific get up time, bedtime, etc which would keep you on schedule)

I was reminded of the time JB was hustling everyone out the door to the bus and poor Jana was fixing quesadillas for everyone and she was one that he scolded. (I chalked up JB doing this to fakery for the cameras).

Their chart of 49 character qualities includes:

PUNCTUALITY vs Tardiness

Showing high esteem for other people and their time

Ecclesiastes 3:1

AVAILABILITY vs Self-centeredness

Making my own schedule and priorities secondary to wishes of those I am serving

Philippians 2:20-21

DEPENDABILITY vs Inconsistency

Fulfilling what I consented to do even if it means unexpected sacrifice

Psalm 15:4

TRUTHFULNESS vs Deception

Earning future trust by accurately reporting past facts

Ephesians 4:25

Their chart of 49 character qualities includes:

PUNCTUALITY vs Tardiness

Showing high esteem for other people and their time

Ecclesiastes 3:1

AVAILABILITY vs Self-centeredness

Making my own schedule and priorities secondary to wishes of those I am serving

Philippians 2:20-21

DEPENDABILITY vs Inconsistency

Fulfilling what I consented to do even if it means unexpected sacrifice

Psalm 15:4

TRUTHFULNESS vs Deception

Earning future trust by accurately reporting past facts

Ephesians 4:25

WOW. Duggar fail. :|

I'm kind of curious to discover how Duggar Time actually happens. Does the person in charge of the schedule have to tell everyone seventy times that they have a thing at a certain time, but nobody notices until it's ten minutes past their scheduled event/appointment? Is the idea of an event completely neglected until half an hour before, when the "okay, we have a thing!" announcement goes out and everyone scrambles to get things done? Do they not know how to tell time or read a normal calendar (ie, not one focused on menstrual cycles or birthdays)? Is appointment management one of Jana's many, many jobs, and she's trying to get the youngins together while her procreators are having Sweet Fellowship?

I seem to recall an episode where the 4 girls were trying to get everyone to go, and they started hella early. But everyone, including the parents, lazed around. Sometimes someone would get moving, but slowly. And there were talking heads of the girls being incredibly annoyed, but trying to keep it sweet. When people finally started moving, they were completely disorganized, and the girls were left completely frazzled. They ended up leaving 30 minutes late or so.

I want to say it was an episode where they were getting ready to head to the airport.

I'm also guessing if the parents made it a priority to be on time, the kids would take it seriously. They're not on Duggar time when they have to catch a flight or when they do an AM show appearance. However everything else they don't evidently don't see as critical to be on time. Plus it gives them another chance to say we are big different family, but it's a relatable difference. Also being late to things pretty much guarantees that they themselves won't have to wait at the destination. Because you silly people, JBs time is (more) valuable.

Even if there' nothing 'incriminating' that says they took back food, they still announced they would be at this event. I thought they meant well when they started the show and can't say they are really bad people, they like the attention and how it makes them look 'charitable' and helpful to humpers.

Does these people release it's rude to run late. Funny how they can show up early to an interview but can't show up on time anywhere else. I have a big family. We're on a schedule when we travel. Everyone's packs their own stuff, feeds themselves, and has to be ready at a certain time. We are hardly late.

Does these people release it's rude to run late. Funny how they can show up early to an interview but can't show up on time anywhere else. I have a big family. We're on a schedule when we travel. Everyone's packs their own stuff, feeds themselves, and has to be ready at a certain time. We are hardly late.

Hahaha, you're right - I'll bet they get to the set of Good Morning America on time.

Seriously, how could they be late all the time - they look like they rolled out of bed half the time anyway.

and then there's Mugsy :lol: He applies to so much. Thank you, FB messenger stickers lol.

[attachment=0]Capture.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

This made me laugh! Thank you :)

If kindergarten classes of kids can get to field trip spots on time, the Duggars can too, even if it means planning to be somewhere a couple hours early so they get there just in time.

They're just a lazy, unmotivated lot.

If kindergarten classes of kids can get to field trip spots on time, the Duggars can too, even if it means planning to be somewhere a couple hours early so they get there just in time.

They're just a lazy, unmotivated lot.

But they sure are motivated and prompt when it comes to taking those pregnancy tests. Can't waste a minute with that!

The one place that they're probably early: the mailbox. For when the TLC paycheck arrives.

Why is this such a surprise? And isn't that thrift store one of those that have a morality clause. I read somewhere that the Duggars were affiliated with one.

Why is this such a surprise? And isn't that thrift store one of those that have a morality clause. I read somewhere that the Duggars were affiliated with one.

To whom does the clause apply? Shoppers, donors, volunteers? All three?

The shoppers. I might be thinking of something different now that I think about it.

Archived