IGNORED

Duggar's caught staging a fake charity for the Cameras

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is up with that pickle picture?! Why does it even exist?

What is up with that pickle picture?! Why does it even exist?

Because their life is all pickles and hairspray. :D

Here is the Pickle picture duggars.jpg

Interesting they used such an old photograph for the sign

Here is the Pickle picture duggars.jpg

Interesting they used such an old photograph for the sign

Everything about this incident shows how lazy and sloppy TLC and the Duggars are. smh

Low, snakey, Voldemort-y slimy people. Unreal.

I hope if they were a needy family for reals that TLC cut them a nice check...

Fixed it.

Does anyone else recall that whole part in Matthew....?

Silly! Don't you know that fundies never read the Sermon on the Mount?

Why is someone (is that Jana) STILL holding five year old Josie?

ETA: I see now that's an old picture.

I am having trouble believing this story as it was reported.

Things I can believe: The Duggars participated in another half-assed faux "charity" event because they felt like they needed a new excuse to pat themselves on the back.

Things I can't believe: That they would be so stupid to load a box into someone's car for a camera, remove it, and load it into their own car. If they did this event, I am going to assume they really did give out food/supplies. Between them and TLC, why would they possibly be so stupid as to stage a charity event and then take all the stuff back? It didn't even look like that big of an event - I can't imagine it was over, what, $1000 worth of things total? TLC could foot that bill, easy.

I am having trouble believing this story as it was reported.

Things I can believe: The Duggars participated in another half-assed faux "charity" event because they felt like they needed a new excuse to pat themselves on the back.

Things I can't believe: That they would be so stupid to load a box into someone's car for a camera, remove it, and load it into their own car. If they did this event, I am going to assume they really did give out food/supplies. Between them and TLC, why would they possibly be so stupid as to stage a charity event and then take all the stuff back? It didn't even look like that big of an event - I can't imagine it was over, what, $1000 worth of things total? TLC could foot that bill, easy.

Or, at least, they could have arranged to pick the stuff up later. Having leg jumper witnesses watch that happen wouldn't be good for the brand or TLC

imo the come get free food sign and oh yeah, the Duggars... just proves people in that area are over it. Like people need a bribe to participate in their show.

mbe they loaded it up to take it to a food bank and Radar overlooked that detail? Just guessing. And the people who were randomly shopping who got used for the show agreed that it would be more useful going to a food bank.

driving the ISB, who knows if the 'food bank' ended up being the Duggars garage pantry. :lol:

I finally got a chance to view the pictures (for whatever reason, they're not viewable from the mobile version, and I have to say that I don't really see any "damning proof." I see them standing around, I see them moving around, but there isn't even a photo of the Martinez family, nor is there a photo of them loading/unloading the boxes. I'm still calling this BS unless someone can actually show that they did what is claimed. With the amount of people shown in the picture where Jess and Ben are walking into the store, I REALLY dont believe that none of them snagged a picture of the removal of the goods. And it's not because the store didn't allow people to take pictures (good luck with that now that everyone has camera phones) since there are pictures of them.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if SOME elements were truthful (like Duggar time), but those elements likely exist to give the story credibility (especially since it's something that is widely known to be a Duggar lifestyle choice). This just reeks of exaggeration/fabrication.

Why couldn't they have joined up with an established food bank to donate food? And did it even get to a food bank or a needy family? Their acts of charity are very self=serving imo

Where's the attention on working with a food bank?

It's a no-brainer that nobody showed up. The tweets from the Dugs and the center both make it clear the poor people are like petting zoo animals. Bring a can of food for the cute animals as admission, and meet the celebs. There's no dignity in this bullshit for poor people. They were asking poor people to go be humiliated so the Dugs could look good. It's so fucking disgusting!!!

Well, that website got its quota but there is nothing incriminating in the pictures. So what if they had to redo the shoot!?! I am sure the participants were aware that there maybe additional takes needed. If anyone thinks that reality shows are real, then I have some land to sell site unseen. :lol:

It would be news if the Duggars gave food to a family without asking them to sign a waiver and allow themselves to be filmed.

Why can't you just give people food, because that's a charitable and nice thing to do. :cry:

It would be news if the Duggars gave food to a family without asking them to sign a waiver and allow themselves to be filmed.

Why can't you just give people food, because that's a charitable and nice thing to do. :cry:

This is what infuriates me the most about this. Even if things went as planned and they didn't need a fake family, they're still asking people to go be those poor people the kind and loving Duggars too pity on. The Duggars can't d a goddamned thing without trying to get personal glory for it. Their charity all has the motive of glory onto themselves, and who cares about the people tho become objects in their glory game.

This is what infuriates me the most about this. Even if things went as planned and they didn't need a fake family, they're still asking people to go be those poor people the kind and loving Duggars too pity on. The Duggars can't d a goddamned thing without trying to get personal glory for it. Their charity all has the motive of glory onto themselves, and who cares about the people tho become objects in their glory game.

The best part is that in the bible Jesus repeatedly damns that sort of behaviour. In quite an unforgiving fashion. It really makes me hope that Christianity is real. The Duggars may have a little surprise waiting for them in the afterlife. (is there an evil grin smily?)

I remember seeing that tweet and thought it was weird. My mind went through a 'why would you advertise that on twitter when you're going to get fans galore all over the place?'

Now I understand. Anything for TeeVee.

The best part is that in the bible Jesus repeatedly damns that sort of behaviour. In quite an unforgiving fashion. It really makes me hope that Christianity is real. The Duggars may have a little surprise waiting for them in the afterlife. (is there an evil grin smily?)

:twisted:

Maybe they took back the box bc the Martinez Family wouldn't commit to being volunteers aka "people who the Duggars have helped" for Josiah's wedding.

Who on earth would go on a show that's broadcast world wide and lie about eating rice from a decoration or whatever they said. Especially if it's BS.

I know that 99.9% of it is scripted and prompted but that seems extreme.

I'm late to this party, but the entire escapade just encapsulates everything that is wrong with the Duggars, IMO. They are no better than any other televangelist on TV - it's all about their celebrity, their image and their coffers.

Was the Martinez family actually a real family, or paid actors? I an guessing the latter, in which case it doesn't matter if they took the prop food back.

Was the Martinez family actually a real family, or paid actors? I an guessing the latter, in which case it doesn't matter if they took the prop food back.

Another possibility is that the Martinez family were also volunteering that day, and the Duggars needed filmed "taking donations directly to a family" footage. If none of the families receiving aid were comfortable being on TV, I can understand volunteers agreeing to stand in for the cameras.

Basically, the actual situation that happened is probably somewhere between "the Duggars are 100% benevolent all the time" and "the Duggars are con artists who sold their souls to TLC".

Archived