IGNORED

Duggar's caught staging a fake charity for the Cameras

homeschoolmomma1

Why couldn't they have joined up with an established food bank to donate food? And did it even get to a food bank or a needy family? Their acts of charity are very self=serving imo

Because a food bank may give to gay people or muslims without first listening to a lecture about how they are all sinners.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do agree that this is pretty disgusting on the part of the Duggars and that they could have done this somewhere else where there was an actual need and not been filmed for it. I wonder now if that food ever even reached the needy?

If they're not filming it, there's no point for the Duggars to do anything "charitable".

:roll:

Today's not a great press day for them, is it? First Jilly Muffin's all over Good Morning America because she doesn't know how to correctly use a baby sling, now we find out that the Duggars' charity photo op has gone disastrously awry. Dare we hope for more?

:lol:

:popcorn2:

I am so enjoying watching the foreshadowing of 19KAC's demise. It's going to be a while. The wait will be worth it. When the Duggars finally fall, they're gonna fall hard.

:popcorn2:

I am so enjoying watching the foreshadowing of 19KAC's demise. It's going to be a while. The wait will be worth it. When the Duggars finally fall, they're gonna fall hard.

Not sure what I'm looking forward to more--- the fall of the Duggars or the inevitable tell-all from one of the kids that follows the fall.

Not sure what I'm looking forward to more--- the fall of the Duggars or the inevitable tell-all from one of the kids that follows the fall.

It is going to be hilarious watching them grasp at anything to make themselves relevant after they fall. Attention whores don't die easily.

Can you imagine how insane their social media & soapboxing will become???

Of course people will be interested in how the breeding is going. Though it will be in more of a let's peek in and figure out what is in the jars at the freakshow kind of way, rather than let's tune it every week and leghump. :lol:

Why not go to their local food bank and donate a box of food sans cameras? We have a food bank where I live that has been setting up shop in front of the local grocery store....they hand you a small list of things that are needed and you buy what you can. I have a great time doing the shopping and feel good about my contribution. Why didn't the Duggars just post that they donated to a food bank and be done with it? This makes me sick.

Do you think TLC will try to use this footage? If not, they're going to have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something else to fill three to five minutes of screen time. :roll:

Show us Josh's new house. Jill learning to wear her baby properly. JD's pilot adventures. They can do better than what they have been, even if they want to hide the cult stuff. Everybody involved in this is just phoning it in anymore. :naughty:

It seems like almost nobody showed up, so the Duggars decided to meet with some of the only people that were there in need. Okay, fine. But demanding they sign wavers, act for the show, and then taking back the box of goods they gave them? Very weird. Why didn't they go out and give information about the charity to the leghumpers there, instead? When/how to donate, how to help, etc.

With all that said, I feel like if I were in need, I wouldn't want it to be broadcasted on television, so I wouldn't show up, either.

This was my thought exactly. What on earth did the producers plan to do anyway? The whole set up is strange.

First of all the poster that advertises the event says: 6:45 PM Tonight. Meet The Duggars! The Compassion Center Is Pleased To Host TLC & The Duggars. Come & Receive A Free Bag Of Food & Meet The Stars Of "19 & Counting" (actually the whole message is in caps but I couldn't be bothered to go back and retype it.)

So that poster makes it sound like an event for fans to attend, not people who need food. A free bag of food? That sounds more like an incentive to show up rather than a food pantry giveaway to the needy.

Then the Duggars show up an hour later than advertised. Perhaps anyone who did show up for the food got tired and left. I know the Duggars run on Duggar time but you would think the production crew knowing this about the Duggars would have rounded them up and made sure they were on time-- time is money. Did the filming crew stand around for an hour with nothing to do?

Each member of the Duggar family, including pregnant Jessa and her husband Ben Seewald, grabbed a large cardboard box filled with junk food out of a truck and brought it into the store, the onlooker says

So now I am really confused. Is the "free bag of food" a bag of chips? A grocery bag of staples? A box of stuff from the Duggar's own pantry? Who actually provided the food and was it just for show or was it actually meant for people in need? Is it at all possible that the producers ran out and bought a bunch of cheap food, boxed it up, and gave it to the Duggars to give to the needy people who didn't show up? Or did the Duggars provide the food and bought the stuff they like and just took it home to eat when no needy people showed up?

It's a very weird story and the poster and the tweets make it weirder. I truly cannot tell what was supposed to happen or if the whole thing went according to plan.

This all reeks of a TLC setup. TLC probably paid for the food donation, hired the "family" to accept the donation, and set up the location. This tweet was to get a manageable group of fans to make it look like a real event without having to pay for extras.

This will be a part of an episode next season...

Oh my gosh yes, I don't know which one will do the telling, but I can't wait for that.

Wow, Duggars. This was so biblical of you. Jesus is really proud right now.

Does anyone else recall that whole part in Matthew....?

Oh my gosh yes, I don't know which one will do the telling, but I can't wait for that.

I just keep thinking it will be Josh. Once he is no longer riding the gravy train doing as He was trained to then he will sell a story. It won't be the total truth but it will be juicy enough to sell because he will not want to go back to that tiny house with his 8 kids.

Can't wait to see the leg humpers try to defend this. :popcorn2:

Can't wait to see the leg humpers try to defend this. :popcorn2:

As said above, the humpers will defend anything. I wonder if anyone has posted it on 19K FB. I haven't seen it on Duggar Family Official. You think the Duggars owuld c explain what happened if there was a misunderstanding but as usual they hide.

This hasn't been picked up by any reliable news sources yet, so the Duggars are in the clear. They'll ignore this controversy. We'll see it next season and they'll show the Duggars arriving late bc JB and TLC love to talk about Duggar time. It will be edited to look like a big success.

I used to think they'd want to instill punctuality in their offspring, but if theyre all homeschooled and going to be on his payroll, no need. Though will say that Hitler used to wait to show up to events too as to make sure the crowd was sufficiently whipped up. I know how the Duggars like those holocaust comparisons.

Honestly, this seems more like the Duggars showed up (on Duggar time) expecting to find needy people (and they chose junk food because that's what they eat, so why should needy people eat better?), but we're just met with leghumpers. Then, TLC, not wanting to pay their crew for not doing any valuable work, staged the scene so they'd at least have some material. It's not honorable, for sure, but I don't think that the Duggars actually intended to do it that way.

To me, it seems weird that they would invite witnesses to them faking a charity event. But, the Duggars aren't the ones in control of the show; so they don't get to say things like "well this was a bust, sorry you're not going to get paid for showing up today," or whatever. The production crew is the one responsible for this IF its true.

Also, I have a hard time trusting unnamed witnesses. Especially witnesses who observed this much detail and didn't even bother grabbing pictures. Not to mention, with all those people around, how did they manage to not grab pictures or videos of the whole thing being faked?

These are some of the pics from the Radar article (there were 7 altogether) radaronline.com/photos/duggar-reality-fakery-19-kids-and-counting-family-stages-charity-scene/photo/1044142/

post-10046-14452000199715_thumb.jpg

The poster is clearly aimed at thrift store shoppers. Seems like the poor Martinez clan just got roped in. :lol:

I don't know why they wouldn't have actually received the food items, that part about the Duggars taking the box back i have a hard time actually believing. Unless the Martinez's were like, hey we don't really need food, y'all keep it. But TLC clearly expected it to be a bigger deal. So interesting how 1) obviously the actual friends of the Duggars who are doing community service projects don't want to be on the show, like the actual real service things the church is doing, they don't want filmed and who could blame them. and 2) no one cared enough to come and get "free food" :lol: Because of course there ARE people out there who would have done it with no shame and jumped at the a chance to be on TV. Either they didn't promote it well enough (but really if they printed posters surely they tried, right?) Or local people really just do not care anymore. :lol:

post-10046-14452000200119_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14452000200463_thumb.jpg

post-10046-14452000200788_thumb.jpg

Judging from that first picture above, it sure looks like the Duggar kids are happy to be there. Not. Boob and J'Uterus can talk all they want about how much good they do and how happy they are to serve others, but kids aren't so good at hiding what they really think and feel.

Oh, please. This is more a case of TLC getting caught staging, faking and scripting a shoot for a non-Reality TV show.

The Duggars are trained monkeys under contract to TLC. The Duggar parents have sold their souls and their childrens' privacy for quick cash. I sincerely doubt that the Duggars are very charitable, but I don't hold them responsible for faking a charitable donation here.

I'm still thrown by the "Come and meet the Duggars and get a bag of free food." It would have made so much more sense to advertise "Come and Meet the Duggars and bring a bag of food to donate to the homeless." Then the Duggars could have rounded up all of the food donated by their fans and taken to a food pantry. The way they set it up was strange, like offering prizes at the fair.

Just noticed that on the poster they're all eating pickles.

A full-color glossy poster, a production crew, late arrival, doing re-takes, and reportedly asking someone to pose as a recipient. This isn't charity or reality. It's a SHOW. It's all for show.

Archived