IGNORED

Duggar's caught staging a fake charity for the Cameras

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats low, even for them. I wonder why there is no interview with the "martinez clan," though. Makes me slightly doubtful of the story.

They seem to have more involvement with Cross Church these days, maybe they'll join up.

I saw that too but was afraid it was covered. Glad someone finally did!

I was impressed that Radar got a story not from here or from previous seasons. Cudos (so far) to you Radar.

But I thought it weird that the Duggars would tweet to needy families. Not saying that needy families aren't on Twitter, but that doesn't seem to be the best way to advertise to them.

I'm looking forward to what they put in a Duggar care package. And if the producers talked me into saying I needed this box, I'd demand to keep it. I imagine all the boxes having strings attached so when people drive off, the boxes can be yanked back.

They took the donations back and drove away.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Thats low, even for them. I wonder why there is no interview with the "martinez clan," though. Makes me slightly doubtful of the story.

They seem to have more involvement with Cross Church these days, maybe they'll join up.

My guess is that the Martinez clan had to sign a confidentiality form in exchange for agreeing to appear on camera, playing the part, and possibly even getting paid.

I do agree that this is pretty disgusting on the part of the Duggars and that they could have done this somewhere else where there was an actual need and not been filmed for it. I wonder now if that food ever even reached the needy?

come on now the duggers with their fake mission trips and such. they are as phony as gothards virginity. but they have sinned again

Showing off your charity is very unchristian and very much a no no in the bible.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.â€

Matthew 6:1-34

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...

I am a bit confused by the radar article. The Duggars supposedly sent out a tweet telling needy families there would be food? What would have happened if a fuckton of truly needy people had shown up, thinking they were going to get some actual food? Was the entire thing staged and they would have just told the poor hungry folks to fuck off?

And I noticed they arrived on DuggarTime as usual. What a group of entitled assholes.

I dont expect anything better from the Duggars themselves, their habitual lying and staging is pretty much SOP. I'm a little surprised that Binjermin would go along with it. His bible thumping seems pretty internalized and, while he is well controlled by Jim Bob, I still think that BEN thinks his soul matters.

Why couldn't they have joined up with an established food bank to donate food? And did it even get to a food bank or a needy family? Their acts of charity are very self=serving imo

I dont expect anything better from the Duggars themselves, their habitual lying and staging is pretty much SOP. I'm a little surprised that Binjermin would go along with it. His bible thumping seems pretty internalized and, while he is well controlled by Jim Bob, I still think that BEN thinks his soul matters.

I think Bin does whatever El Boobo tells him to do. He knows what side his bread is buttered on.

Everyone needs to let this family alone!! Either you follos the bible or follow satan pick one they chose the Lord not satan!!!

Wow, this article is such a lie! "Prove it" with photos? Really? How do you even know they weren't asked to take such a large donation to a different location? Or share it? ROL, why don't you stick to gossiping about Hell-ywood celebrities and leave this nice family alone for once.

Some fans will follow the Duggar's no matter what they do. It would take Boob killing someone for them to admit that some things about the Duggar's might not be good. O who am I kidding, they would find a reason why Boob was holy for doing it.

In their defense: This story sounds dodgy even by Duggar standards. Is there proof this happened besides Radar?

Low, snakey, slimy people. Unreal.

I hope if they were a needy family for reals that TLC cut them a nice check...

Low, snakey, slimy people. Unreal.

I hope if they were a needy family for reals that TLC cut them a nice check...

Please, don't compare my sweet snake to these people.

Who would user twitter to tell poor people you are giving food away? Not too many homeless with Twitter accounts. No you do it for attention. Maybe because we were talking about their lack of charity. Now how long till they try to correct this fubar and actually give food away

Yep, caring and compassionate for sure, as if they really care about actual people in need, just a stunt publicity, looks like it should have been more well thought out haha. They should have known people would be quick to report that...Must be all the Kool-aid.

If this went down the way Radar suggests, it looks like TLC manufacturing plot points for the show again, imo. The Duggars have sold out and seem perfectly happy to do whatever TLC wants them to do to have something to put on the air.

I'm reminded of the only episode I ever saw of Duck Dynasty, where a teenage daughter ran up a ridiculous cell phone bill, so they made her get a job to pay the bill. There was a lot of really bad acting with regard to the exhorbitant bill; teenage girls doing what they do best, ie whining and being empty headed, phone-abusing brats; and sending her to do pointless odd jobs with older family members to repay the debt. When in reality, I'm sure they're on a family plan with unlimited talk and text, like most of us. :roll:

I'm curous about Cross Church's part in this. Are they selling out, too? :think: Why would they participate in this when they surely have more effective, established ways to donate food boxes to people in need? I hope it's because they thought hungry people who don't know about other programs might get some food, not just because TLC cut them a check.

I can't screen cap it but yes the Duggars did say they would be there on twitter

The tweet says - "Join us tonight at 6:45pm at the Compassion Center in Springdale to give out food to families in need! @CompassionNWA"

To me, that doesn't sound like it's advertising for needy to come out, the way it's worded makes it sound like it's inviting people out to help give food.

All right, here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/duggarfam/status/592758894356738048 (I added it to the wayback machine, because why not)

The Duggar Family

â€@duggarfam

Join us tonight at 6:45pm at the Compassion Center in Springdale to give out food to families in need! @CompassionNWA

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

RETWEETS

FAVORITES

[redacted retweets just to be safe]

11:35 AM - 27 Apr 2015

No hashtags. Really short notice. I'm not even on twitter and I can tell this is a really ineffective tweet.

Here's a tweet from the Compassion Center. A few hours earlier than the Duggars, but still very short notice. And still no hashtags.

Compassion Center

â€@CompassionNWA

Compassion Center will host The Duggars and TLC tonight at 6:45. Come meet them as they help pass out food to those in need.

Reply Retweet Favorite

More

RETWEET

FAVORITES

[redacted retweets]

8:51 AM - 27 Apr 2015

This is even more confusing......did anyone actually show up to meet them? While I wish with all my might that absolutely NO ONE would give two shits about the Duggar family, if there was an announcement about the Duggars being in a specific location at a specific time, no doubt a few leghumpers would show up.

It seems like almost nobody showed up, so the Duggars decided to meet with some of the only people that were there in need. Okay, fine. But demanding they sign wavers, act for the show, and then taking back the box of goods they gave them? Very weird. Why didn't they go out and give information about the charity to the leghumpers there, instead? When/how to donate, how to help, etc.

With all that said, I feel like if I were in need, I wouldn't want it to be broadcasted on television, so I wouldn't show up, either.

The tweet says - "Join us tonight at 6:45pm at the Compassion Center in Springdale to give out food to families in need! @CompassionNWA"

To me, that doesn't sound like it's advertising for needy to come out, the way it's worded makes it sound like it's inviting people out to help give food.

More like watch them do it. Drumming up volunteers like that is not effective. 2, 20, 100 could show up. How do you plan for that? Not to mention they also have all the Duggars there too. Where's ol' Sierra and her sign up lists?

That is how it sounds to me too. It sounds like they were inviting people to come help hand out food to families in need. The whole thing is weird.

Archived