IGNORED

Alice Pregnancy Addict (alicesbaby)

So Many Lies

I tried reading some of her blog. Words words words pee stick pee stick words words words more pee sticks. I just can't.

Every time I think I've read the craziest of the crazy someone new pops up to prove me wrong. It seems like her goal is to never not be pregnant.

• Upvote 1

She comes across as someone who has a mental illness with a pregnancy fetish and has latched on QF because of that. I get this is meant to be a "pregnancy journal" but I don't get who she thinks is going to be so interested in massive walls of texts on her cycle phases? I hope there's someone close to her who can help and her family out.

I don't know about the UK, but in continental Europe homeschooling is semi-illegal. Where I'm from it's very uncommon and usually done by tutors, not parents, plus you have to take exams every year in a public school.

She comes across as someone who has a mental illness with a pregnancy fetish and has latched on QF because of that. I get this is meant to be a "pregnancy journal" but I don't get who she thinks is going to be so interested in massive walls of texts on her cycle phases? I hope there's someone close to her who can help and her family out.

I don't know about the UK, but in continental Europe homeschooling is semi-illegal. Where I'm from it's very uncommon and usually done by tutors, not parents, plus you have to take exams every year in a public school.

It is completely legal in the UK and you don't have to follow the National Curriculum or take exams. But it is certainly unusual - I have only ever met one homeschooling family.

I agree that she seems to have given herself the quiverfull label so that she has a reason to keep having babies. Again, the quiverfull movement is not something that's really well-known here so she is an interesting one to watch.

I learned a few things from her blog: 1) A stone = 14 lbs I'd always wondered and was too lazy to look it up 2)This must be what Michelle D thinks when she gets knocked up 3)this chick is certi-fuckin'-fiable 4) her hubby isn't into her being conveniently quiverfull and I feel sorry for him. He should get snipped and "catch a cold" so she would leave him alone to heal up.

That was a window into a disturbingly disturbed mind *shudders*

eta I loved being pregnant, but I had the good sense to realize financial resources are finite and the little critter that is turning summer-salts in my belly is going to grow into an actual person who deserves my time, attention, and love as they grow. 2 is all I can handle responsibly.

It took me a while to figure out what "parsnips" had to do with pregnancy and/or fertility. Turns out it's just her code word for sweet fellowship, but I was afraid she was obsessed with how certain foods affected her cycle.

• Upvote 1

It took me a while to figure out what "parsnips" had to do with pregnancy and/or fertility. Turns out it's just her code word for sweet fellowship, but I was afraid she was obsessed with how certain foods affected her cycle.

Ha, ha. Me too. I was like, what do parsnips have to do with this?

I learned a few things from her blog: 1) A stone = 14 lbs I'd always wondered and was too lazy to look it up 2)This must be what Michelle D thinks when she gets knocked up 3)this chick is certi-fuckin'-fiable 4) her hubby isn't into her being conveniently quiverfull and I feel sorry for him. He should get snipped and "catch a cold" so she would leave him alone to heal up.

That was a window into a disturbingly disturbed mind *shudders*

eta I loved being pregnant, but I had the good sense to realize financial resources are finite and the little critter that is turning summer-salts in my belly is going to grow into an actual person who deserves my time, attention, and love as they grow. 2 is all I can handle responsibly.

I love babies but yes, they are people and no matter how nice/loving you are you cant be all things to all those babies. Time is a finite resource where kids are concernef. I think it is disgusting that the oldest boy keeps pestering her to take preg tests...YUCK. As a near eight year old he should have plenty of other interests besided his mothers cycles. Instead of autism diagnosis she should try taking him out to play football and see if that helps. She wont though, as she has a new pregnancy to focus on instead of the existing human beings in her care.

Good heavens, that was a lot of stuff to read on her blog. My eyes started to hurt after awhile.

I'm honestly sad for her son who could be on the spectrum. I have a child with autism, and while I home school the older three, he goes to school. I cannot imagine how much he would NOT get therapy wise by being home schooled. Her kids are so close together too....When we got his diagnosis, there were not enough hours in the day to do the ABA, speech, OT, etc. I know spectrum disorders vary, but being home all day is like the worst for him. He begs to go to school ("Go see Ms Amy?" his speech therapist...or when he has off of school "Go to Costco? :lol: )

She is crazy obsessed with her cycles and getting pregnant. Yikes.

She seems to want the diagnosis if you know what I mean. Couldn't possibly be anything wrong with cloistering 6 boys in a tiny house with a deranged woman. I just think its part of her delusions.

...why doesn't she sleep with ther husband?

Once she has extracted sperm out of him he is relegated to the boys bedroom as he is of no further use except as nursemaid.

I find it very uncool that after the baby is a few weeks old she never really bothers to post about it again. It's onto the temping and charting. EW

She seems to have another blog that is about her children; this one seems to be focused on pregnancy tracking. Obsessive pregnancy tracking.

When I read that she did not want to take a ClearBlue test because she wouldn't want to read the words, "not pregnant", well, I almost felt bad for her. I can understand it in someone that has had fertility problems -- a little bit of "let me hold onto the dream for a little longer" -- but not in this early-testing obsession. This has got to be a diagnosable disorder.

Naming an imaginary twin Toby certainly brings the crazy home. That is way above and beyond the Duggar's Caleb and Jubilee miscarriages (which is also strange, as I have known a lot of women to have miscarriages, but they just say they lost "a baby" or "had several miscarriages", *not* "we lost a baby, Mary, last December" -- because, that indicates that you had a live birth then a death, not a miscarriage.)

• Upvote 1

^

God will strike me down for being mean but I thought it was funny that she is kind of bummed she can't re-use the name Toby as she gave it to the imaginary twin. Stupid. She should have named it one of her less favourite names.

I got a strange "alert" when I tried going back in her blog to read old entries. Anyone else having a problem?

This pregnancy obsession and urine testing is a little disturbing. Is she trying to use the stick tests, and the subsequent "darkness" of the line, to track her HcG levels or something? Is she worried about miscarrying? I can't think of why you'd need so many tests, otherwise.

She lives in the UK, I see. Likely they receive lots of government assistance with all the kids. The more kids you have, the more money you get. You also get free housing. I'm honestly surprised they live in a 2-bedroom house. They should be at the top of the list for a better property, certainly one with more bedrooms.

As much as I dislike American fundies and their houses full of child slaves, they at least always seem to be of the mind that taking welfare of any kind makes them failures.

I don't oppose welfare by any means but it's too easy to get in the UK and because of this, people tend to take it for granted as something they deserve simply because they choose to not work. She may even be using her religion as a smokescreen of some kind to excuse her pregnancy addiction and welfare collecting.

She lives in the UK, I see. Likely they receive lots of government assistance with all the kids. The more kids you have, the more money you get. You also get free housing. I'm honestly surprised they live in a 2-bedroom house. They should be at the top of the list for a better property, certainly one with more bedrooms.

As much as I dislike American fundies and their houses full of child slaves, they at least always seem to be of the mind that taking welfare of any kind makes them failures.

I don't oppose welfare by any means but it's too easy to get in the UK and because of this, people tend to take it for granted as something they deserve simply because they choose to not work. She may even be using her religion as a smokescreen of some kind to excuse her pregnancy addiction and welfare collecting.

Mouser, I'm not quite sure what exactly, but something about your post doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it's the Daily Mail vibe; sorry if that's not what you were going for. they would only be on the list for a property if they put themselves on it; if they didn't, then they are not. It's also nowhere near as easy to get child support as the DM would like you to believe. Case in point: a friend of mine, who is German, has lived, worked and studied in Britain for seven years. Her first child is due in three weeks and she cannot get any income support because she has not been officially ordinarily resident for long enough, since any time you're studying - whether you're working at the same time or not - does not count towards residency.

I haven't yet found *what* her husband does, but he works; she mentions it in her post from the 17th of September 2012 and the 24th of January 2011. So you might want to lay off the "they're just welfare scroungers" argument, just because they don't harp on about not doing it like the US fundies do.

Unrelated to this comment: she's utterly nuts, but her children are beautiful! I think the 7 year old's obsession with his mother's cycle is the weirdest thing about this

Upon further reading, this is absolutely bizarre! I know women who are somewhat obsessed with being pregnant, but they've all experienced varying degrees of infertility and pregnancy losses. Not, "let's have a baby and then another and then another without paying much attention to the older ones!!!"

Also, what's with there only being one meal per day in her "weekly schedule?" On one of the days I saw she had two meals listed, but not the other days and she's clearly meaning for the evening meal based on her meal-prep times (unless she makes breakfast at 4:45am). What do they eat the rest of the time? I should probably read more to find out! :twisted:

I dont think its about the welfare, husband is working as far as I can tell though may get some tax benefit. Is that how it works? They own their home btw.

If in England and homeschooling they let you get on with it too but you don't have to ask for permission to take out your child like in Scotland if they have attended. I was moving and didnt have to inform them but if in the area I would have to get permission to remove and they usually refuse the first time. It can take 6 weeks or more.

This woman needs help and now not later and her husband does need to grow a set.

As for the bigger house argument there are none unless they go private and then they would have to pay more for it social housing here in the UK is hard to come by as in bigger houses cos they have all been sold of and no new ones built.

Lots of places are very short of social housing and it is actually extremely hard for large families to get decent accommodation. Also, social housing, especially if controlled by a housing association, is not actually free - most people do pay rent. Housing Benefit does not cover the whole of the rent in a lot of cases.

As for welfare in the UK, it's really not 'too easy to get' at all, and disabled people in particular are being labelled as being fit for work when they're clearly not. Having been on unemployment benefit in the past, you don't get a lot (£60 a week, so less than minimum wage) and not easy to get at all. Have you been on benefits? Do you have actual experience of what living on them is like and how easy it is to get them? If not, I suggest you stop using the Daily Fail as a source of information.

Also, what's with there only being one meal per day in her "weekly schedule?" On one of the days I saw she had two meals listed, but not the other days and she's clearly meaning for the evening meal based on her meal-prep times (unless she makes breakfast at 4:45am). What do they eat the rest of the time? I should probably read more to find out! :twisted:

I was wondering about that too! and her "schooling" schedule doesn't really include much either...

It's not that easy to get Welfare in the UK - it's all means tested so if her husband is working as he seems to be from the blog, depending upon his income they may recieve tax credits but other than that they won't receive any additional help. Child benefit which was a universal benefit is now also means tested, it's an amount you recieve every month, based on the number of children you have, so again, that would depend upon his income and they wouldn't recieve any at all if he earns over £50,000 per year.

If she gets her son(s) diagnosed she could then apply for a benefit called Disability Living Allowance (DLA) which is to support carers or the disabled adult in meeting extra expenses related to their disability. It involves filling in a hugely comprehensive form and is hard to get. Also a bit of a political hot potato at the moment because it's on the list to get changed/made harder to access as part of the austerity measures.

Most of the benefits kick in when you are claiming income support if you are unemployed, and it's then that you can get housing benefit etc.

She sounds completly crazy from that blog though - she talks about Social Services becoming involved and I am really not surprised.

Her friend Heather is an odd one - on the one hand she's enabling her by being her doula and then taking on doing her housework and looking after her older boys 1-2 days a week, as well as getting her to be a member of her church, and then on the other she's talking seriously to her about the fact that she's depressed and needs counselling. You think?!

It must be hell in that house for the children - I can't even imagine 6 boys under the age of 7 in a tiny house, not even getting out for school or nursery and Mum having mental health difficulties. Not to mention behavioural difficulties from the suspected autism.. I bet some of those behaviours would lessen if she would try putting them into school and they could get out a bit.

The one positive of her keeping having babies is that that she'll be on the radar of the Health Visitor (children's nurse attached to your Dr's practice) and they do home visits when you have newborns and can refer to social services if they feel it's necessary.

What is her husband thinking!?

I have to wonder if ty his woman started watching the Duggars&got a not-so-bright-idea,considering the age of her oldest kids.Im not so sure if she's fundie or just prego-baby obsessed.This level of charting&testing...wow.Its nuts.I know its nuts because I went through a minor version of this type of obsession when I lost 5 pregnacies in ty he 2yrs after I had my daughter.My Dr convinced me to give it a rest,so I did q&a had my 2nd(&last)a few yrs after the last miscarriage.I did the million ept's,trying to read pink lines that werent there tiI saw double,etc.(maybe part of the reason Im so intrrested in pregnancy&chilbirth&raising kids,that I started watching the Duggars&friends)But this woman,with her dead-baby-mono-mono-twin?Holy batshit!!Im suprised she doesn't name her periods!